E3 2015 Thread

downzy

I've been getting pretty hyped for this lately. I mostly care about Nintendo since the Wii U is the only new system I own right now. I'm especially excited because this is the first time in a while where I don't have a good idea of what they'll show. We know they're working on Star Fox which will probably be shown, but we don't know anything about the title. I'm not typically a fan of the franchise, but I generally dislike on-rails games, so a new Star Fox that isn't on-rails could be promising. We'll see Xenoblade Chronicles X, which I'm looking forward to. We've already seen all we need to see of the game in a pre-release standpoint, but I assume they'll finally announce a release date for North America and Europe. The only other two Wii U titles we know they're working on are Yoshi's Woolly World (which I'm looking forward to... I love the aesthetic but I just hope it's more difficult than Kirby's Epic Yarn) and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (it's a complete tossup if they even show this, I'm really looking forward to this game but it's definitely more geared for a Japanese audience). Outside of those 3, maybe 4, titles, we know about Fire Emblem If on the 3DS and not much else, so I think they'll have a number of surprises. Actually I forgot about Mario Maker, unfortunately. It's not a title I'm looking forward to at all so I tend to forget about it.

I think my main worry is that they'll dedicate almost all of that excess time they'd have in their presentation to their Quality of Life platform they've been hinting at for a while now. While I'm certainly not opposed to their endeavors in that area, it's E3 and I want to see more Nintendo games dammit. For speculation on what I think they could announce, Retro finished up with Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze about 15 months ago, and there were reports that they were working on their next game as early as December 2013, so I think it's a good bet we'll see Retro's new game unveiled (the best bet is on another Metroid game). Next Level Games, the developer of sleeper hit Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, are working on their next game, too, one would assume, considering Dark Moon came out in March 2013. I'm really not sure what else to expect. I suppose it's possible we see a new Mario platformer unveiled. It seems iffy that Nintendo would roll out a second-tier franchise like Star Fox as its main event for their presentation, and we already know they're not showing the new Zelda game (or maybe they'll go back on that statement and show it anyway?). Anyways, I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing:

Halo 5

Rainbow Six: Siege

The Division

Fallout 4

New Mass Effect game

New Nintendo console?

How Microsoft is improving my Xbox One experience, since it disappoints me every day

One thing I'm not looking forward to seeing is trailers for games that aren't even coming out for 2-3 years, since that's the E3 culture now.

I haven't really been paying attention to what's in the development pipeline, so I'll be interested to see what gets role out. I always enjoy watching people lose their shit when unexpected games get a preview (like any time a Zelda game gets showcased at a Nintendo press conference).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought Microsoft's presentation was excellent.

The game selection was good, we got little tastes of AAA titles, some new IPs like the one from Rare, backwards compatibility, the VR and hologram technology (that was cool, imagine it in 5 years), and an indie game presentation. What more do you want?

I'm most excited for Halo 5: Guardians and Fallout 4, but there were a lot of other things that peaked my interest

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

Microsoft presentation was a 4/10

Very predictable presentation with no surprises, but Microsoft's VR visor is pretty neat

This. I'd give it higher than that, 6/10, and while backwards compatibility is great, I couldn't really give a fuck about being able to play games from ten years ago that I already have. Sure, make them available and that's cool, but it's hardly a console seller. There was nothing there aside from Hololens that really impressed me, and I doubt that's going to be particularly accessible.

Better than previous years though, it was game heavy and that's good. Solid. Not expecting much different from Sony, maybe one surprise game announcement. I'm hoping Nintendo throw in a Metroid game for good measure.

I think backwards compatibility is a huge deal. I have yet to upgrade due to the fact that I have so many games sitting on my XBOX 360 hard drive that have yet to be played. I would imagine that many others find themselves in a similar position. If most of the games we own can be played on a newly purchased Xbox One, that's going to motivate a lot of people to upgrade.

Yeah, about that backwards compatibility..

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/available-games

Available games

Banjo Kazooie: N n B

Banjo-Kazooie

Banjo-Tooie

BattleBlock Theater

Defense Grid

Geometry Wars Evolved

Hexic HD

Jetpac Refuelled

Kameo

Mass Effect

Perfect Dark

Perfect Dark Zero

Small Arms

Super Meat Boy

Toy Soldiers

Toy Soldiers: Cold War

Viva Piñata

Viva Piñata: TIP

Backwards compatibility is great. I like that the Xbox One is finally coming to its' potential. In my opinion, what was released was kinda unfinished, and lacking of a lot of content. It was announced and promoted with content that was 2-3 years away from release and now we're approaching all that.

Rainbow Six: Siege looks exactly what I want from it, impressed. South Park had great reviews last time so looking forward to that too, and holy shit, Ghost Recon is the show stealer so far.

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE CONFIRMED

this fucking better come to pc!

shenmue 3!

timed exclusive, might not come to xbox one, so im guessing it will get a pc release.

this E3 has just been amazing so far i mean so many games that were thought to be dead or never going to happen getting announced.

Edited by bran