We NEED A NEW SONG this year, how much would you pay?

So basically to summarize:

Axl doesn't want us to ever get new Guns N Roses music.

Some people have leaks but won't share them

Someone offered $1,000 for Atlas Shrugged and was denied (not sure I believe this)

Look, this thread got way out of hand. Just thought it would be the right time for someone to leak us something. Make the summer more exciting. Give us some new hope of more music down the road. That's all.

We shouldn't have to beg, barter or steal. We've gone to the concerts. We've supported the band. He owe's us. Marty Fucking Moose owe's us!

Why exactly does Axl owe us? You go to a concert to pay to see a performance. And you get a performance.

A musician is under no obligation except with his/her record company to share their work. I'm not saying that's the way I want things or that I'm happy with the status quo but the concept of Axl or any musician 'owing' fans music is IMO kinda silly.

• Like 1

So basically to summarize:

Axl doesn't want us to ever get new Guns N Roses music.

Some people have leaks but won't share them

Someone offered $1,000 for Atlas Shrugged and was denied (not sure I believe this)

Look, this thread got way out of hand. Just thought it would be the right time for someone to leak us something. Make the summer more exciting. Give us some new hope of more music down the road. That's all.

We shouldn't have to beg, barter or steal. We've gone to the concerts. We've supported the band. He owe's us. Marty Fucking Moose owe's us!

Why exactly does Axl owe us? You go to a concert to pay to see a performance. And you get a performance.

A musician is under no obligation except with his/her record company to share their work. I'm not saying that's the way I want things or that I'm happy with the status quo but the concept of Axl or any musician 'owing' fans music is IMO kinda silly.

The issue isnt whether Axl owes us or doesnt owe us.

The issue is... that Axl Rose and fake guns have kept telling the fans that new music was done.. 1 full album.. 2 full albums, this that and the other..this gets the fans hopes up. Then... year in and year out nothing gets delivered. When TB is pressured with this type of opinion, they come out firing saying that the music will be done when its done and Axl owes nobody anything and be patient and all this pyscho-babble bullshit that makes no sense in the real world to justify the fact that This band (apparently managed by them) doesnt give one shit about the fans.

If they were honest and Axl said.. look.. i dunno if im ever releasing new material or releasing anything anytime soon.. everyone could pack their bags up and go support justine beiber or bruno mars (if your so inclined).. but a little bit of realism and truth or at the very least hearing from Axl once ina while would probably appease a lot of people.. me included.

It's funny, because in all Axls early on stage rants.. he was all about the fans... all about the media telling lies.. and now.. hes the one pissing on the last of his hardcore faithful when most of us.. arent asking for a whole lot.

But anyhoo... nothing to see here. :lol:

• Like 1

I couldn't agree more man. So sick of the following topics:

- When did Axl lose his rasp

- Reunion

- Some band member saying next year

- Anyone seen Axl in public?

Look, we're the biggest fans and we deserve something. We're not asking for a lot. Just a slice of the pie. Not even a whole slice. Surely they can leak something small for us. And I'm really calling on the band members to stop being pussies and share something with us. They are grown men in their 50's and they act like they can't share a little of the secret sauce with us. No fans deserve just a little bit more than GNR fans. Come on guys!

give me a full, complete, unedited, GNR rehearsal and i am happy for a long time

axl, izzy, slash, duff and steven

specially a rehearsal where they are trying new songs, writing on the go, stuff like that

even a rehearsal WITHOUT axl should be terrific

I Offered 4000 reais (1000 dolars) and he didn't accepted.

But he'd probably accept 10.000. :P

If these people are really going to protect themselves by bugging your pc and checking your bank account then i'd rather not get involved. If I had the cash i'd fly to meet someone in person and do business with a handshake, though.

I can't see the Kickstarter thing working in any kind of way.

I just wish somebody would throw us a bone. We've been listening to the majority of Chinese from between fourteen and nine years.

Youve been listening to chinese?

Really? ;)

i tried to listen to that album, it just never worked

Or some behind the scenes of the making of Chinese democracy record or tour would be fucking nice.

And please no more lame topics.

I don't think I'd be too excited for behind the scenes stuff. I really want something new.

The only old thing I's really like to hear would be a studio version of Heartbreak Hotel and Jumping Jack Flash, straight studio.

I love you guys and reading pointless thread after pointless thread makes me wonder why you amazing guys even bother? This is a band we all love and we deserve to be discussing the MUSIC. Not the speculation of music. It's like 1998 all over again.

We need a leak. Just something. 30 Seconds, A minute. A full track. Whatever it is. Something MUSICAL for us to talk about and get excited about. I think we can all agree that ANY track with Axl and Co on it would excite us to no end. We've all accepted the fact that we're not going to get something that sounds AFD again, and that's ok. I'm willing to be we all love and appreciate Chinese D for what it was.

I'm not interested in 30 second leaks either. We don't need a full album, but the snippets don't do it for me anymore. I agree with the rest of what you're saying. I don't care if it isn't AFD 2 or UYI III, I like anything Axl does except for My World. I just want a whole song, and decent enough quality to listen to. I don't care if it isn't perfect, just not so cruddy that it's painful to hear.

I remember sitting in front of the computer, with my younger sister who is also a die hard fan, listening to the title track for the first time and getting chills as he started to scream, looking at my sister and us both saying "They're back!" without actually saying a word. I miss those times. I miss the excitement that came with the Better leak.

I want to feel that magic again.

PS. Lol at the people who talk about Axl "owing" us something. The entitlement generation is insane. Do I want more music? Yes. Would I love more music? Yes. Does Axl owe me jack shit? No. Axl has no obligation to release music your cheap ass will steal off the internet and bitch about how bad it sucks.

Get over yourself if you think he does.

Edited by DeadSlash

I Offered 4000 reais (1000 dolars) and he didn't accepted.

But he'd probably accept 10.000. :P

If these people are really going to protect themselves by bugging your pc and checking your bank account then i'd rather not get involved. If I had the cash i'd fly to meet someone in person and do business with a handshake, though.

I can't see the Kickstarter thing working in any kind of way.

I just wish somebody would throw us a bone. We've been listening to the majority of Chinese from between fourteen and nine years.

Youve been listening to chinese?

Really? ;)

Not so much the studio album but i've listened to the live versions and live New Guns bootlegs more than anything else since Rio 2001. I have literally racked up thousands and thousands of plays of Twat, Madagascar etc. So yeah, i'm pretty keen for new shit.

Edited by Jordan Rose

Hi.

I'm portuguese.

As some of you know, portuguese people are some of the biggest hoarders in GN'R world.

I have 2 ou 3 albums full of original material to leak.

How much would you guys pay me to leak it all?

(let's keep it hypothetical)

Hi.

I'm portuguese.

As some of you know, portuguese people are some of the biggest hoarders in GN'R world.

Let's meet irl. You bring a flash drive with the albums and I'll bring lots of money. Under no circumstances will I just bitch slap you and take the drive. I promise.

• Like 2

The funny thing is that the hoarders have held onto whatever they have for so long that no one cares about NewGNR anymore, and the demos/bootlegs are fairly worthless outside of the diehard communities like this one.

I know people who have audience recordings of shows that aren't in circulation, but refuse to make them public for whatever reason. I don't get it. Release what you have and make other people happy if you can.

Edited by TheSeeker
  • Like 1

Hi.

I'm portuguese.

Let's meet irl. You bring a flash drive with the albums and I'll bring lots of money. Under no circumstances will I just bitch slap you and take the drive. I promise.

Lots of money and an electric guitar and we have a deal.

I'll even throw in a big screen TV. I know how fond of them you are.

For a big screen TV I can get you 2 more unheard remixes of silkworms and omg ... and going down with frank on the vocals.

Got here too late to make the big screen TV remark, but well played on both of your parts.

• Like 1

Hoarders are pathetic. They do it because their lives are empty and they are pathetically delusional. They feel that by hoarder this stuff that they are a big player in the GnR world. It allows them to feel as though they are part of GnR the story and gives them a sense of self worth. They delude themselves into thinking they are important. Not only in their own lives but within the legacy of GnR. It's sad really but that's exactly what they are and why they do it. The irony of it all is they hoarded this shit for so long that nobody gives a fuck about them or what they have.

Hoarders are pathetic. They do it because their lives are empty and they are pathetically delusional. They feel that by hoarder this stuff that they are a big player in the GnR world. It allows them to feel as though they are part of GnR the story and gives them a sense of self worth. They delude themselves into thinking they are important. Not only in their own lives but within the legacy of GnR. It's sad really but that's exactly what they are and why they do it. The irony of it all is they hoarded this shit for so long that nobody gives a fuck about them or what they have.

Or....... maybe these 'hoarders' made a promise to never share what they were given, and they are living by that promise? I have to assume it takes a shitload of trust for someone with unheard material (insider?) to trust another person enough to share it with them. The only people that leak things seem to be those that weren't entrusted by someone to hang onto it. At this point, the only way I see something leaking is if someone phone-recorded audio at one of the VIP parties. I can't imagine that any more studio stuff is likely to get out until just before another album is released.

• Like 1

Or....... maybe these 'hoarders' made a promise to never share what they were given, and they are living by that promise? I have to assume it takes a shitload of trust for someone with unheard material (insider?) to trust another person enough to share it with them. The only people that leak things seem to be those that weren't entrusted by someone to hang onto it. At this point, the only way I see something leaking is if someone phone-recorded audio at one of the VIP parties. I can't imagine that any more studio stuff is likely to get out until just before another album is released.

or

they want money from people like VicVanceGNR

Die hards want music we always do. But the label will gauge how much they will sell and have plans and schemes. Let's hold off until...

Whether Axl is against leaks is debateable. He's never came out directly and said that or admitted its effects. I think the label might be more bothered. I think Axl said he was fine with the leaks and even said Better leak convinced him to tour. No source, sorry.

From Axl's mouth directly - do not know if you can address his view on leaks much more clearly

Basically for us it's devastating across the board. And when u have such a majority openly justifying their actions and throwing out nonsense such as it's not actually stealing as the original is still with whomever it's unbelievably insane.

It exists because of the greed of the record industry, the greed of large scale pirating, the ease and common nature now of the act itself and personal motivations such as popularity among certain groups, possible momentary media recognition etc.

And it's too rampant and widespread. It's simply too huge a mess for the courts to deal with and in that with those #'s and the expense and manpower involved necessary at this time to curtail it... obviously there are more serious crimes for society to focus on.

Besides, fuck musicians right? If they didn't make enough already then they probably suck anyway rt? "I ain't cryin' for no rich dude." Whatever.

And who knows? What are our #'s on the torrent sites for this album? I don't know. So I don't know how or if it's affected us in terms of sales this time around. Maybe not but w/the economy and the core of our market I'd think there's a possibility it has had a negative effect. Anyone?

... and if Interscope hadn't acted against Axl's orders, he would probably be sitting on Chinese Democracy today, twiddling with overdubs. ''Faulty Booklet'' my arse - he spotted room for another Pitman fart and wanted to recall the thing.

This is a fact which most people don't realize: Axl did NOT want ChiDem to be released. It was released against his will, mostly through legal strongarming.

Now that GNR is widely considered a joke and there clearly is no market for a DJ-lead wheedly-whee Pitman-farting "50 year old men doing hip hop electronica with a Rolling Stones feel while playing everything through a Les Paul neck pickup into a Marshall to simulate Slash's tone from 25 years ago", there is no financial incentive for backers to release Axl's latest mess.

So, with no one strongarming Axl into releasing music, do any of you honestly believe he'll release music of his own volition?

Not to mention that he did not want the Appetite for Democracy DVD out either.

In private emails to Robin he said the leaks were a good thing.

Nah.

Being an "insider" or a "hoarder" is a sad loser position when it comes to Axl's band or music. There was a time when labeling yourself as the one who could provide unreleased songs or undisclosed news was effective. Everyone listened, everyone paid attention, everyone begged for what you had or what you knew. Nowadays, who gives a shit.

Being an "insider" or a "hoarder" is a sad loser position when it comes to Axl's band or music. There was a time when labeling yourself as the one who could provide unreleased songs or undisclosed news was effective. Everyone listened, everyone paid attention, everyone begged for what you had or what you knew. Nowadays, who gives a shit.

Being an "Insider" makes you the big joke in Axl's band and releasing unreleased music is not as the way as it used to be like you said nobody gives a shit, but if there is some music or if they have 2 or 3 unreleased songs, then they should share it, most prob. they would get caught so they are scared?

Being an "Insider" makes you the big joke in Axl's band and releasing unreleased music is not as the way as it used to be like you said nobody gives a shit, but if there is some music or if they have 2 or 3 unreleased songs, then they should share it, most prob. they would get caught so they are scared?

Yeah, for all I care someone could leak 'The General', and all of that 20 year old music Axl lied about. How many people will listen? A couple hundred? Most fans gave up on this band years ago.

Yeah, for all I care someone could leak 'The General', and all of that 20 year old music Axl lied about. How many people will listen? A couple hundred? Most fans gave up on this band years ago.

That's the thing.

Today - leaks aren't that big of a deal anyway.

Maybe a decade ago they were. But now in the world of the internet? Nobody really cares.

And keeping leaks and trying to sell them for thousands of dollars?

What good does hoarding leaks do once the band releases the album? Then those leaks are worth zilch.

Bottom line, if Axl wasn't the biggest hoarder of all, and if he hadn't only released one album in the last 20 years - then leaks wouldn't even be an issue.