We NEED A NEW SONG this year, how much would you pay?

I love you guys and reading pointless thread after pointless thread makes me wonder why you amazing guys even bother? This is a band we all love and we deserve to be discussing the MUSIC. Not the speculation of music. It's like 1998 all over again.

We need a leak. Just something. 30 Seconds, A minute. A full track. Whatever it is. Something MUSICAL for us to talk about and get excited about. I think we can all agree that ANY track with Axl and Co on it would excite us to no end. We've all accepted the fact that we're not going to get something that sounds AFD again, and that's ok. I'm willing to be we all love and appreciate Chinese D for what it was.

2-3 albums worth of material recorded during that era. WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY? Just give us something team Brazil. Again, doesn't have to be a full tune, just something. A damn chorus. A solo. Something!

Many of you know me and I'm not one to just sit around and wait year after year for music. I'd love to help new GNR get some of its relevance back by inking deals / partnerships with this band. Every time I see a summer blockbuster movie with no track from Guns it depresses me.

But hey...they can do what they want. But for heaven's sake, will somebody, anybody out there SHARE SOMETHING WITH US!!!!

All these band members trading files...How about one of you have a heart and stop waiting for the boss to tell you you can be a man...how about one of you actually act like a rebel rock star and give us a freaking morsel?

My favorite time waiting for Chinese D was around 2006. Why? Because us DIEHARDS had a few leaked tracks and nobody else did. People were oblivious. But the fans had it. The fans could rock out. The fans had something to go on.

We need that now, in 2015. Chinese Democracy was 7 years ago! 7 years without a single new sound from GNR. That needs to end this year. Who's gonna help us fans out? Will it be you Ashba? Or how about you Dizzy? Fortus? Or better yet...Axl! Come on man...What's a 30 second clip going to do? I'll donate the money to charity and you will at least have given us something! And when it's ready, we're all gonna buy it, love it and see you tour. But this year, more than most, we really need just a little bit more to hang on. Thanks! Let's do this!

Kaneda

I want everything out there to leak, but I definitely wouldn't pay anything to get it. Too proud to beg as well.

Reopened this topic with an edit to the title and the following note:

We need to make clear that we cannot condone or facilitate any illegal transmission of copyright materials. This thread/conversation should be treated as hypothetical in nature. Thank you!

• Like 1

I'd hypothetically pay $500 for the new This I Love alone.

I am so more than ready for new leaks. I don't care if it's versions of stuff from 1998 or 1999. Anything with new vocals on it. There are people out there with Atlas, Seven, The General and other tracks.

I would cough up a lot.

I would think that an intentional leak by Guns N' Roses of a extremely solid rock song would be a positive thing to promote a new album before it's release. The leaking of most of an album would hurt the band or even a single rogue individual would hurt the band. If a single song is leaked by the band, I think it would be a good thing. Hypothetically speaking...

Edited by Randy Jesus

How much would I pay for a leak? lol

I would pay 15-20 bucks for an original album.

Personally I don't care that much about leaks ... it's annoying to hear people complaining about how the album sucks and how the leaks were way better ...

• Like 1

LOL paying for a shitty sounding 10 second leak?

geez, are you guys that desperate?

You think Axl's BFF Arnold would have gotten in contact with him and asked him for a new song for the upcoming Terminator movie

I just think there's so much energy on this forum misdirected. If people really got together and tried different creative ways to get a new track released, I bet we could be successful.

But we shouldn't even have to do this. The band should give us something at least once a year. Again, I'm not asking for an album, just something during the down years that says thanks for being our fans, here's something to make the wait a little less painful.

I know it's never been the band's style but maybe now is the time to start treating the fans better.

You want to recreate the years previous to the release of ChinDem? Hehe that'd be cool but I don't think it's gonna happen again. I don't know. You need talibans that are willing to get arrested by the FBI for leaking stuff.

With CD it was different. We knew there was an album in the making and we knew the name, we knew the people working on it, producers, etc. now we know nothing, absolutely nothing.

I agree with you they should give us something to pass the time and you know what they have given us? The fucking Appetite For Democracy thing. That's Team Brazil idea of something and they won't be convinced that it sucks and we don't want it or conform to it.

Oh and the 30 years anniversary shirt. That's all they've done in like 6 years. An awful DVD and a piece of cloth.

Don't get me started on Team Brazil. If they really cared about Axl and the band they would HIRE professionals to run the band. Now more than ever you need marketing to remain relevant...let's see...the world's greatest rock band could only manage to get one track into the credits of a b-movie?

Who's even trying to manage this band or get the music out there in the right way?

• Like 1

Yeah, I saw that 30th anniversary shirt in HMV. Wow, such design. Much style. Must have taken someone a good five minutes.

Tbh I'd think the band would be embarrassed to point out that they've been around for so long given how little output they have to show for it.

As for what I'd pay for a leak? Nothing. Same as what Axl thinks his fans are worth. If he doesn't want us to hear it, he can shove it.

Kaneda, I thought as a gamer you'd be backing the Shenmue III Kickstarter... https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3

It'll even have arcade games in the game!

On topic...

I wouldn't pay for a ChiDem II leak. When the album comes out, I'll buy the CD (last CD I bought was in 2012, even Daft Punk's Random Access Memories which I love I streamed on Spotify until it went on sale in iTunes). I'd prob pay £50 for ChiDem with alternate artwork, and around £100 if they ever released a Complete ChiDem Sessions Limited Edition Boxset deal. But that's never gonna happen.

it's annoying to hear people complaining about how the album sucks and how the leaks were way better ...

The leaks were better. Not waaaay better but yeah, superior to the final version. Why is this opinion annoying to you?

I say it hear ! If there is no realease date by the end of 2016.Fuck this band !

In the time since CD came out, Slash Axl's 'great enemy' has brought out 3 albums 2 live CD's and is working on his next one already like his new stuff ir not I finally understand why he is so popular and Axl isn't. ..

I say it hear ! If there is no realease date by the end of 2016.Fuck this band !

In the time since CD came out, Slash Axl's 'great enemy' has brought out 3 albums 2 live CD's and is working on his next one already like his new stuff ir not I finally understand why he is so popular and Axl isn't. ..

There won't be a release date by the end of this year nor next year. Chinese Democracy was released only thanks to a big investment. There's nobody interested in paying for a new album release. Axl won't release it via iTunes or any modern way so you can be sure that CD was his last release. He's too stubborn, stupid and a total douche to his fans to change his position.

An Update for those interested : Caram Costanzo (Producer) is NOT involved in the new record !

:headbang:

Source? That's weird, Axl's thanked him multiple times, wonder why they'd part ways.