Guns N' Roses vs Motley Crue - Best Live Band Competition @ Live Wire - Vote Now, Vote Often!

GnR are close to passing Crue :)

Like honestly, the people voting for Crue, are you being honest or just trying to be against GnR? I mean, old GnR obviously blows even old Crue out of the water and like I said earlier in the thread, even on Axl's worse night (South America 2014?) he's better than Vince is in concert.

• Like 1

Like honestly, the people voting for Crue, are you being honest or just trying to be against GnR? I mean, old GnR obviously blows even old Crue out of the water and like I said earlier in the thread, even on Axl's worse night (South America 2014?) he's better than Vince is in concert.

Real Motley Crue or fake GN´R? I´m afraid that´s the premise of the competition. Maybe there is no right answer or maybe the right answer is both suck.

• Like 1

Honestly, it doesn't matter if GnR wins this, because of NIN wins their round, they'll easily win against GnR.

But GnR still needs to beat Motley Crue.

GN´R beat the living shit out of Motley Crue almost 30 years ago when they make AFD. Don´t take this silly competition so serious dude. The important battle GN´R needed to win they won it

Both bands suffer from a singer from the 80's who can"t really sing anymore....

so no vote for me

of course that if we vote about who WAS the better singer, Vince Neil could not even wipe Axl's ass on that contest!

Other problem: MC still have got all of the original guys. GNR has Axl (or vice versa lol)

If we take 2010 for example, GNR is the better live act

Edited by Strange Broue

MC for being the original band and releasing albums often deserve my vote, and I despise MC.

often?

not really

the have not releasing a record since 2008 and before that they release a sub par album in 2000... i don't call that often

They touring with a GH setlist, no matter what album they are released, they only pplay 1-2 songs from new albums since the 90's

MC for being the original band and releasing albums often deserve my vote, and I despise MC.

It's best live act, it's not about who's the most productive.

MC still wins it simply for consisting of original members and for playing new songs and not being as much of a nostalgia act as gnr.

this post is extremely untrue and you probably know nothing about Crüe other than the fact that they are still together since 1997

Real Motley Crue or fake GN´R? I´m afraid that´s the premise of the competition. Maybe there is no right answer or maybe the right answer is both suck.

Imagine the classic GNR with current Axl... imagine Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven/Matt play their instrument just fine, but Axl only sing every 5 lines from the songs....

MC is a shameless rip off as a live act, their live albums vocals overdubbed entirely

if you gave me 150-200 bucks to choose between the bands, i would still go with Axl's band (or the hypothetical classic GNR reunion)

MC is atrocious live and as an average Crüe fan, i still would not pay for a ticket even on this farewell tour!

fuck them

Agreed on the Vince point. He's alwayd been an ass, and nowadays he's a total joke on a stage. I'm among the first to criticizing Axl for no caring enough, but Vince elevates not caring enough to a way of life.

I prefer GNR, but Mötley has, like it or not, some songs that arguably are as good as most of the GNR catalogue and their first two albums are Hard Rock milestones.

About the personnel, if you will, Mötley is an all original members band, with two great musicians (Tommy Lee and Mick) and one pretty average bass player but a very solod songwriter with Nikki.

Among "GNR", I only care about Fortus.

• Like 1

That's what I thought, but NIN is losing against some band called Tool.

Rightly so, I have seen Tool play twice and they blew me away both times

I didn't know they existed. Will check them out on Youtube.

The vocalist's voice is not so good, but their songs and their video clips blow off EVERY band from the 80-90's....

Tool is art. maybe a bit pretentious sometimes, but they are still better than GNR, NIN, or MC combined EVER!

(yes, Tool's music is better than GNR's music overall, from a musical standpoint) They are true musicians, not primadonna rockstars

It's funny how I could never really get into Tool. APC is much more interesting. Tool is reaching a point very similar to Axl's band, it's so long since their last album people are more like "yeah, whatever" when something about new music comes up. Puscifer is also a fun project. NIN is much better than any of MJK's bands. GNR is not really comparable to any of them cause they are a hard rock band from the 80s, nothing to do with art in spite of Axl's pretentiousness.

That's what I thought, but NIN is losing against some band called Tool.

Rightly so, I have seen Tool play twice and they blew me away both times

I didn't know they existed. Will check them out on Youtube.

The vocalist's voice is not so good, but their songs and their video clips blow off EVERY band from the 80-90's....

Tool is art. maybe a bit pretentious sometimes, but they are still better than GNR, NIN, or MC combined EVER!

(yes, Tool's music is better than GNR's music overall, from a musical standpoint) They are true musicians, not primadonna rockstars

I'm very surprised. They're a great band. I like what I have heard so far. NIN remains my favorite band at the moment. Axl's band is a sad ridiculous joke but that's nothing new.

GNR now and then.

I do like MC too, but now Vince can't sing worth a damn. At least Axl can still sing and tries to hit those high notes.

All Vince does and has done for a long time is start a song by mumbling the words and then points the mic at the fans and we end up singing the whole damn song.

Any early MC stuff that's fast, Vince can't do anymore. It's the band that holds him up.

Axl sings every damn word along with the fans.

Besides, I think GNR changed the face of rock music back in the late 80's, even though MC was and always will be the first pop metal band start this new kind of rock. Can't say they did the makeup first because David Bowie and Alice Cooper did that back in the 70's.

Man I picked GNR just Cuz I'm a much bigger fan of them then motley Crüe, which I've never liked. But man both singers live are just horrible. Vince sounds like a high pitched dying scream and what's worst is he can't even sing the words really anymore, he's just focused on the melody. But that's the actual motley Crüe, not a band of hacks and bad impersonators who had no say whatsoever in any part of the songs creation. And while Axl does sound slightly better than Vince, it's still not good at all compared to 06-10