NEW interview with Richard Fortus about the true status of the band and album now + axl, slash and the dead daisies

GNRmello77

And he doesn't share the stage with slash because that would mean NO MORE GUNS CHECKS.

That's the insane part. While the way Fortus handled it was understandable and as respectful as possible, this is a more acceptable behavior in a company. Not the kind of band Guns was, and this is exactly the kind of behavior that allowed Axl to stay in his bubble and damaged his career.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Fortus was auditioned and hired as a session musician. He's a friend to Axl like I'm a friend to my company's boss. We have some laughs and I like to stay on good terms with the guy, mainly because he signs off on me every payday.

It's transparent and a bit tedious to hear him go on like he's a blood brother.

• Like 1

Fortus was auditioned and hired as a session musician. He's a friend to Axl like I'm a friend to my company's boss. We have some laughs and I like to stay on good terms with the guy, mainly because he signs off on me every payday.

How is it transparent? maybe it's both the paycheck and him being a friend. Maybe it's mainly cause of the paycheck and maybe it's mainly cause he doesn't want to hurt Axl as a friend.

We don't really know, but if you choose to believe Richard it's not cause of being afraid Axl will fire his ass. My Guess is he doesn't want problems and doesn't want to risk his friendship and working relationship with Axl.

How is it transparent? maybe it's both the paycheck and him being a friend. Maybe it's mainly cause of the paycheck and maybe it's mainly cause he doesn't want to hurt Axl as a friend.

We don't really know, but if you choose to believe Richard it's not cause of being afraid Axl will fire his ass. My Guess is he doesn't want problems and doesn't want to risk his friendship and working relationship with Axl.

Probably true. My point was, what kind of environment is it that the band members feel the need to act like this around Axl? Clearly Axl has the mentality of a two year old.

A bit of perspective here. This was not Richard's band but the revised Lizzy with Scotty Gorham leading proceedings. It is not as if this was 'Richard Fortus's own personal band' (with added nugnr hacks no doubt). Another point: this probably would have been one-two songs at most, The Boys Are Back In Town, etc? It is not as if Slash would have played an entire show.

What the fuck is wrong with these rock star bitches not hanging out with each other because your lead singer will get his panties in a bunch...?

Childish & Pathetic.

If you had a pair of balls Richard you'd look Slash in the eye, challenge him to give his side of the story, then make up your own mind about the whole thing and decide if you'll stand on stage with him or not.

If Axl gets huffy tell him to grow the fuck up.

Not going to tip the cash cow over though are we?

PS: Love the way all of the shit Duff & izzy said in the press has been conveniently forgotten and its all rosy in the garden.

Hypocrite, schoolgirl bitches.

Bunch of nonsesne, we all know Slash is liar and it's telling that both Axl and Scott said similiar things about him.

But it's mygnrforum what can you expect ?

There was nothing wrong in what Richard said, it fact he was both respectful for Slash.

And what releasing music has to do with anything ? Maybe Axl likes to create music and isn't fond of sharing it ?

I would like to hear new GN'R music but I don't feel like Axl owes him this. He doesn't he can do whatever he wants

I am willing to entertain the thought that Slash has told some porkies in his time but Axl is surely the Richard Nixon or Tony Blair of liars. Axl's colossal fibs make Slash look like a lightweight, a mere beginner. Remember such chestnuts as, ''I'm releasing a trilogy'' and ''I want to bury Appetite''? At least Slash does not lie about things he is going to do. If he says he is putting out a Snakepit album, the Snakepit album comes out.

• Like 1

What the fuck is wrong with these rock star bitches not hanging out with each other because your lead singer will get his panties in a bunch...?Childish & Pathetic. If you had a pair of balls Richard you'd look Slash in the eye, challenge him to give his side of the story, then make up your own mind about the whole thing and decide if you'll stand on stage with him or not.If Axl gets huffy tell him to grow the fuck up.Not going to tip the cash cow over though are we? PS: Love the way all of the shit Duff & izzy said in the press has been conveniently forgotten and its all rosy in the garden.Hypocrite, schoolgirl bitches.

Bunch of nonsesne, we all know Slash is liar and it's telling that both Axl and Scott said similiar things about him. But it's mygnrforum what can you expect ? There was nothing wrong in what Richard said, it fact he was both respectful for Slash. And what releasing music has to do with anything ? Maybe Axl likes to create music and isn't fond of sharing it ? I would like to hear new GN'R music but I don't feel like Axl owes him this. He doesn't he can do whatever he wants

What does releasing music have to do with being an artist and musician? Gee, you've stumped me there...could it be...everything?

Axl's no better at this point than everyone's friend who's working on a masterpiece novel and calls themselves a writer despite the fact that they're never going to publish shit.

I am willing to entertain the thought that Slash has told some porkies in his time but Axl is surely the Richard Nixon or Tony Blair of liars. Axl's colossal fibs make Slash look like a lightweight, a mere beginner. Remember such chestnuts as, ''I'm releasing a trilogy'' and ''I want to bury Appetite''? At least Slash does not lie about things he is going to do. If he says he is putting out a Snakepit album, the Snakepit album comes out.

Maybe Axl didn't lie, and he really did believe it at the time, when he said it. It's not so hard to believe he wanted to bury Appetite. It's always so dramatic with him and he's insecure so he gotta prove to himself the next thing he does will be bigger, better. Trilogies and the burial of classic masterpieces that were a one time thing.

Maybe Axl didn't lie, and he really did believe it at the time, when he said it. It's not so hard to believe he wanted to bury Appetite. It's always so dramatic with him and he's insecure so he gotta prove to himself the next thing he does will be bigger, better. Trilogies and the burial of classic masterpieces that were a one time thing.

I don't doubt for a second he believed that stuff when he said it. But at what point does he stop bullshitting himself and realise he's neither capable or willing to make the effort and that the blame for his failures lies at his own door?

I don't doubt for a second he believed that stuff when he said it. But at what point does he stop bullshitting himself and realise he's neither capable or willing to make the effort and that the blame for his failures lies at his own door?

That would involve nasty shit like growing up, facing his issues and insecurities, letting go of shit, taking responsibility and stop being angry and bitter.

He's like a crazy king. No one wants to face it. They all stay away, say yes, or become his enemies. Thank fuck for TB. They're taking care of business.

Edited by Rovim

What the fuck is wrong with these rock star bitches not hanging out with each other because your lead singer will get his panties in a bunch...?Childish & Pathetic. If you had a pair of balls Richard you'd look Slash in the eye, challenge him to give his side of the story, then make up your own mind about the whole thing and decide if you'll stand on stage with him or not.If Axl gets huffy tell him to grow the fuck up.Not going to tip the cash cow over though are we? PS: Love the way all of the shit Duff & izzy said in the press has been conveniently forgotten and its all rosy in the garden.Hypocrite, schoolgirl bitches.

Bunch of nonsesne, we all know Slash is liar and it's telling that both Axl and Scott said similiar things about him. But it's mygnrforum what can you expect ? There was nothing wrong in what Richard said, it fact he was both respectful for Slash. And what releasing music has to do with anything ? Maybe Axl likes to create music and isn't fond of sharing it ? I would like to hear new GN'R music but I don't feel like Axl owes him this. He doesn't he can do whatever he wants

What does releasing music have to do with being an artist and musician? Gee, you've stumped me there...could it be...everything?

Axl's no better at this point than everyone's friend who's working on a masterpiece novel and calls themselves a writer despite the fact that they're never going to publish shit.

If that friend had already 1-2 masterpieces he would have all the right in the world to call himself/herself a writer.

Axl proved to everybody that he is an amazing songwriter how it's connected to everyone's friend who did nothing ? Man singlehandly wrote some amazing songs (and you can't say that about Slash)

Also there are many examples in art history for posthumous masterpieces. Some people are making something for themselves or to share it when they are ready as they are not interested in money and fame (and clearly Axl isn't otherwise he would make that reunion tour in a heartbeat)

Dante was writing Divine Comedy for 12 years and was released hew months before his death to name a one. Do you think he cared ? In almost every form of art he can find crazy individuals like Axl, you can hate him or make fun of it but for some people it is like this.

If that friend had already 1-2 masterpieces he would have all the right in the world to call himself/herself a writer.

Axl proved to everybody that he is an amazing songwriter how it's connected to everyone's friend who did nothing ? Man singlehandly wrote some amazing songs (and you can't say that about Slash)

Also there are many examples in art history for posthumous masterpieces. Some people are making something for themselves or to share it when they are ready as they are not interested in money and fame (and clearly Axl isn't otherwise he would make that reunion tour in a heartbeat)

Dante was writing Divine Comedy for 12 years and was released hew months before his death to name a one. Do you think he cared ? In almost every form of art he can find crazy individuals like Axl, you can hate him or make fun of it but for some people it is like this.

Whilst that's all true it wasn't Axl's original intention at all. The 2002 press release was almost a mission statement of 'we're going to silence the doubters and bury the old band.'

On top of that his excuses for not achieving anything much have always been the label, the industry, the managers, the band members leaving, the chef getting his pizza toppings wrong....

Also, this is the dude who erased Finck's parts when he left. I wouldn't be suprised if he had something in his will asking for all the music to be erased if he dies.

• Like 1

Man singlehandly wrote some amazing songs (and you can't say that about Slash)

Which songs are you talking about? Take away the guitar parts of NR and Estranged and I'll guarantee you, they wouldn't be that amazing anymore.

There's no single song from GNR that is written singlehandly.

That's a big reason why this band was so amazing. It wasnt just Axl Rose, it wasn't just Slash, it wasn't just Izzy. It was the band. Sadly there are so called "fans" out there who didn't recognized that.

• Like 1

For the record Virgil intended his Aeneid to be destroyed on his death but it was saved by the Emperor Augustus.

"I can ride the guy's coatails till the cows come home to live a life of luxury I wouldn't otherwise have (throughout three different entities, mind you), but I can't so much as shake his hand if he comes within fifty feet of me." Well ain't he a peach :lol:. Also love the "nobody asked me to", because it points out something I've thought for years. Nobody has to because everybody knows how postal Axl will go if they do what Axl will delusionally perceive as "sleeping with the enemy". Beta and Doug Goldstein anyone? And that's somebody he calls "mom".

The little jab about "people like Slash" was pretty cunty too. It ain't your war Forty. Just stay out of it and keep making your fortune at his expense. Guess *all* these guys really do have all the essential qualities that make this shit show such a joke. Throughout all this singling out, I think we owe Ashba an apology.

Edited by Bobbo
  • Like 1

The little jab about "people like Slash" was pretty cunty too. It ain't your war Forty. Just stay out of it and keep making your fortune at his expense. Guess *all* these guys really do have all the essential qualities that make this shit show such a joke. Throughout all this singling out, I think we owe Ashba an apology.

Yeah, fucking A..."People like Slash know that" MEEOW :lol:

I'll bet on the rare occasion Axl has anything to do with his band when not onstage he complains about Slash and what a big meanie he is...reminded me of Sorum saying how they were talking shit about Slash after he left and he piped up.

I don't defend the point that Axl is crazy and it is easy for him to find excuses, on the other hand maybe he wants to release his music when he is ready not when someone tells him so.

Also lying about release date etc is very different to lying about someone else. Also I have no problem with "poeple like Slash" comment. Scott Weiland said in interview that Slash was feeding everybody lies about Axl and at first he believed him but latter found out that Slash was manipulating him to think about Axl that way and talk shit about him. That's cunty.

And how is Richard making a fortune at Slash expense ? Slash was never,ever coming back to GN'R and Richard got a job, he was session guy it was his job to play those songs and he acknowledged that those guitar parts are legendary and as far as I remember Fortus was the one who gave them most justice.

Free Bird I've heard demo versions of NR (as many people here) it would be amazing song with Slash solos or without it. Axl wanted solos Slash delivered. Estranged has some great guitar parts but still it would be great song without it. Also I consider some of the songs from CD as masterpieces and Axl showed that he can do this. Slash music is generic, well executed hard rock (and he always wanted to do this) and I enjoy some songs but it's nothing special.

You mean when Weiland was reeling in from his butthurt of getting fired? I don't seem to remember Weiland ever using the term "feeding lies". But it's been years since I've taken what he says seriously anyways. One day it was fuck those guys, and nowadays he's pretty much ready to suck Slash's dick to get Velvet Revolver back in action. And the difference of Slash getting involved in the Axl vs Slash feud compared to Fortus is...aww gee I don't know...maybe because he was actually personally fucking involved in the feud? :lol: He's kinda earned his stripes. Whereas Fortus? Not so much.

As for your latter point, what difference does it make if Slash wasn't going to come back? It doesn't change the fact that Fortus's entire fortune and new found lavish life style come from riding on Slash's and Izzy's work. To run for the hills at the very thought of being in the same room as Slash due to your emotionally fucked singer not being able to get the fuck over a 20 year old petty grudge is absolutely laughable. As is getting involved in a feud you don't belong in and only know one side of the story to.

• Like 1

I don't defend the point that Axl is crazy and it is easy for him to find excuses, on the other hand maybe he wants to release his music when he is ready not when someone tells him so.

Also lying about release date etc is very different to lying about someone else. Also I have no problem with "poeple like Slash" comment. Scott Weiland said in interview that Slash was feeding everybody lies about Axl and at first he believed him but latter found out that Slash was manipulating him to think about Axl that way and talk shit about him. That's cunty.

And how is Richard making a fortune at Slash expense ? Slash was never,ever coming back to GN'R and Richard got a job, he was session guy it was his job to play those songs and he acknowledged that those guitar parts are legendary and as far as I remember Fortus was the one who gave them most justice.

Free Bird I've heard demo versions of NR (as many people here) it would be amazing song with Slash solos or without it. Axl wanted solos Slash delivered. Estranged has some great guitar parts but still it would be great song without it. Also I consider some of the songs from CD as masterpieces and Axl showed that he can do this. Slash music is generic, well executed hard rock (and he always wanted to do this) and I enjoy some songs but it's nothing special.

The Slash hatred and Axl worship is strong with you. You are number one fan. Yay?????

On a side note you do realize it isn't a competition, right?

Bottom line. Slash shares music with his fans, Axl doesn't. Whose music you personally like the best isn't really relevant to this debate.

I just can't take people serious that act like they are band insiders or that are obsessed with musicians personal lives. Slash is a liar. Scott said so. Axl is just misunderstand. Everybody is out to get Axl. Axl has tons of music that we haven't heard that blows away anything slash has released - we know this because a song Axl wrote in 1986 is awesome. Blah, blah, blah.

I just can't understand grown ass adults being so obsessed with a musician that they make soooooo many excuses for the artist and completely ignore logic, facts and common sense.

You mean when Weiland was reeling in from his butthurt of getting fired? I don't seem to remember Weiland ever using the term "feeding lies". But it's been years since I've taken what he says seriously anyways. One day it was fuck those guys, and nowadays he's pretty much ready to suck Slash's dick to get Velvet Revolver back in action. And the difference of Slash getting involved in the Axl vs Slash feud compared to Fortus is...aww gee I don't know...maybe because he was actually personally fucking involved in the feud? :lol: He's kinda earned his stripes. Whereas Fortus? Not so much.

As for your latter point, what difference does it make if Slash wasn't going to come back? It doesn't change the fact that Fortus's entire fortune and new found lavish life style come from riding on Slash's and Izzy's work. To run for the hills at the very thought of being in the same room as Slash due to your emotionally fucked singer not being able to get the fuck over a 20 year old petty grudge is absolutely laughable. As is getting involved in a feud you don't belong in and only know one side of the story to.

Exactly.

Well said.

at the expense means that Fortus is taking something away from Slash.

So you believe Slash I choose to believe Axl and Scott more then Slash who was caught lying many times (some of them laughable)

I don't care what Slash shares I bought every album he released but what kind of competition it is ?

I don't hold my breath waiting for another GN'R album there is so much great music that for me Axl can do whatever he likes.

• Like 1

Great interview. Richard always seems very genuine in speaking aboout GNR- past, present, and future. He'sgotta rank right up there amongst the best guitarists of the 21st century. He reminds me a lot of Ronnie Wood- I think more so than even Izzy.

Edited by Mr. Dude

So you believe Slash I choose to believe Axl and Scott more then Slash who was caught lying many times (some of them laughable)

I don't care what Slash shares I bought every album he released but what kind of competition it is ?

I don't hold my breath waiting for another GN'R album there is so much great music that for me Axl can do whatever he likes.

Can you make a list of all the lies Slash told?

Your last sentence sounds a bit like a contradiction. On one hand you don´t hold your breath for another album, yet you believe that Axl at some point is going to make another album

Can you make a list of all the lies Slash told?

Your last sentence sounds a bit like a contradiction. On one hand you don´t hold your breath for another album, yet you believe that Axl at some point is going to make another album

Slash did lie, Slash said he left GNR in 1996, thats not true, Axl Rose destroyed GNR in 1996 and has been destroying it since then.

Now come back to the topic, Fortus is basically scared of Axl and TB, GNR is his paycheck to his other wants, I agree he was earning good money by doing session work, but who doesn't likes Butter or Nutella over your bread, on the other hand I do think that if Ashba gets a chance to be on the same stage as Slash, he won't say No, he did click a photo with Slash at some award show.