NEW interview with Richard Fortus about the true status of the band and album now + axl, slash and the dead daisies

GNRmello77

So when he raised that bottle of Budweiser it was all about the music. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck you.

Ding ding ding. That's the first thing that popped into my head when I read that.

Here's the thing: I get what era we're living in. I understand that musicans advertising is a different game than it used to be. I actually don't have much of a problem with Axl in the Budweiser commercial at all. HOWEVER... it's not a good look if you and those around you are constantly going to spout off about how much integrity you have and how you don't do anything for money.

• Like 4

All about the music = one album in 22 years :question:

Lol.

Richard is cool. This gnr side project he has seems interesting.

Oh ... Richard Fortus talked shit about Slash and praised Axl ... shut the fuck up, devil Richard :lol:

He praised Slash. Read the interview again.

I don't need to read it again. I know exactly what I was talking about and he "talked shit about Slash" at some people's eyes ...

Anyway ... the guy is a insider and he knows what he's talking about better that anyone of us ...the budweiser comercial don't change anything about that.

All about the music = one album in 22 years :question:

Lol.Richard is cool. This gnr side project he has seems interesting.

Oh ... Richard Fortus talked shit about Slash and praised Axl ... shut the fuck up, devil Richard :lol:

I don't need to read it again. I know exactly what I was talking about and he "talked shit about Slash" at some people's eyes ... Anyway ... the guy is a insider and he knows what he's talking about better that anyone of us ...the budweiser comercial don't change anything about that.

I don't give a tuppenny fuck about him being an insider. An insider who doesn't have any clue what's going on with his own band? How does that work exactly?

The Bud commercial DOES change things. You either do everything with integrity or you don't, you can't be Mr Noble Cause in private and Beer Whore in public and expect people not to call bullshit.

Ok, I'll be fair, lets be objective and look at the numbers. Hey, how many beer commercials has Axl done in the last 24 years versus how many albums he's released? Haha! :)

And the most salient point of all, music that nobody can download, buy or listen to is not music. It's nothing. It's worthless. Like that amazing, delicious sandwich I'm not going to make you, or the million dollars I'm sending you on the 43rd of Octember.

I don't need to read it again. I know exactly what I was talking about and he "talked shit about Slash" at some people's eyes ...

Yes, you need to read it again. You said that Fortus "talked shit" about Slash, which didn't happen in this interview. And, in whose eyes Fortus "talked shit" about Slash? Where are these people?

Richard seems like a cool guy and is a hell of a player.

Still, I think its funny what he says about Slash considering he covered him in 3 different bands (Rhianna, Dead Daisies, and GNR). I get what he's saying though

The worst part is, Richard is making Axl look like a complete insane person -- even if he added that Axl wouldn't make a big deal out of it. It looks like Richard wouldn't have a problem playing with Slash whenever possible, that he considers him to be one of the greatest guitar players of all time, but would refuse to do so, because it might upset his friend Axl.

I can understand the "out of respect for my friend" part, definitely. It's like going to a party when you know your best friend's enemy is going to be there. It's stupid, but it is how it is.

Still, I think its funny what he says about Slash considering he covered him in 3 different bands (Rhianna, Dead Daisies, and GNR). I get what he's saying though

The worst part is, Richard is making Axl look like a complete insane person -- even if he added that Axl wouldn't make a big deal out of it. It looks like Richard wouldn't have a problem playing with Slash whenever possible, that he considers him to be one of the greatest guitar players of all time, but would refuse to do so, because it might upset his friend Axl.

I can understand the "out of respect for my friend" part, definitely. It's like going to a party when you know your best friend's enemy is going to be there. It's stupid, but it is how it is.

If you were in Richards place, would you do the same thing, keeping all the things in your mind about GNR and Axl's behavior.

If you were in Richards place, would you do the same thing, keeping all the things in your mind about GNR and Axl's behavior.

I think I would and I know Richard knows Axl is not that insane, but these are public people, so it's all about the image that they're portraying to the public, which in this case, puts Axl in the 'crazy asshole' position again.

Lulz, so the one man who makes the decisions for GNR refuses to talk about those decisions with anyone because it takes his focus away from his chosen profession of 'making music'. Meanwhile this same musician has released a single album in 22 years and has played essentially the same setlist in 15 years of touring. All about the music baby!

The fact Richard says that the last he heard, "they were recording and blah blah blah" shows again how this is a solo project and that Team Brazil and Del James could all be more part of the creative process than the band. How pathetic is that?

At least Richard didn't lie on this interview.

Edited by maynard

The fact Richard says that the last he heard, "they were recording and blah blah blah" shows again how this is a solo project and that Team Brazil and Del James could all be more part of the creative process than the band. How pathetic is that?

I'm not sure whether this is sad or not, but that's my take away from this: at least he didn't lie. Every time we get a 4tus or Dizzy interview, all of us immediately point out that they're full of shit. He at least laid it out like it is this time, which I can dig.

• Like 1

I think it's definitely Axl's solo project. Like he's making a movie and there are people that help him get there. If you're not needed now, for a specific part, you'll probably won't know what's going on even if you're in the band cause Axl is running the show and I think his plans change constantly.

If he's finishing up recordings like vocals for example, I don't think Richard will know about it as it happens or at all until he is needed. He is a hired hand after all, like all of them.

The current state of GNR is pretty up in the air. The last I heard they wanted to finish up the recordings that we have and put them out next year and start touring. But it has been a while since I've heard from anybody in that camp as far as management or Axl. So I really don't know.

"The last I heard"

"They wanted to finish the recordings"

"It's been a while since I've heard from anybody in "that" camp as far as management or Axl"

"So I really don't know"

I mean, aren't these quotes fucking sad? Fortus is supposed to be a member of that band. How is it possible that he answers like that?

I'm not sure whether this is sad or not, but that's my take away from this: at least he didn't lie. Every time we get a 4tus or Dizzy interview, all of us immediately point out that they're full of shit. He at least laid it out like it is this time, which I can dig.

That was my thought. I wonder how long 'a while' is? A few weeks? Six months? The end of the last residency?

The current state of GNR is pretty up in the air. The last I heard they wanted to finish up the recordings that we have and put them out next year and start touring. But it has been a while since I've heard from anybody in that camp as far as management or Axl. So I really don't know.

"The last I heard"

"They wanted to finish the recordings"

"It's been a while since I've heard from anybody in "that" camp as far as management or Axl"

"So I really don't know"

I mean, aren't these quotes fucking sad? Fortus is supposed to be a member of that band. How is it possible that he answers like that?

Yep and like Russ and I said, it's kinda cool that he didn't lie about any of this. Didn't make any promises about the next year that never comes. Richard is a cool guy, I liked his words about Slash too.

That was my thought. I wonder how long 'a while' is? A few weeks? Six months? The end of the last residency?

I'd say the most likely answer is after the boss sent everyone their autographed gold disc- "thanks for being on board, heck of a ride, and now it's off to the ol' fortress of solitude for me."

I think I would and I know Richard knows Axl is not that insane, but these are public people, so it's all about the image that they're portraying to the public, which in this case, puts Axl in the 'crazy asshole' position again.

There are people,mostly the people on here, who understand the band and whats going on and in what context Richard said those things, but there are people who will totally go against Fortus, so won't that make Fortus in the "Crazy Asshole" position now?

but there are people who will totally go against Fortus, so won't that make Fortus in the "Crazy Asshole" position now?

I don't think so. If anything Fortus would be labeled as spineless. Fortus does not have any issues with Slash. Slash does not have any issues with Fortus.

It's been always Axl v Slash: Dawn of the Hairline, to be honest.