NEW interview with Richard Fortus about the true status of the band and album now + axl, slash and the dead daisies

GNRmello77

but there are people who will totally go against Fortus, so won't that make Fortus in the "Crazy Asshole" position now?

I don't think so. If anything Fortus would be labeled as spineless. Fortus does not have any issues with Slash. Slash does not have any issues with Fortus.

It's been always Axl v Slash: Dawn of the Hairline, to be honest.

Doesn't want to play with Slash cause Axl is a toddler? his loss. A big loss actually since Slash is someone Fortus will probably love to play with.

This is what happens when powerful people never grow up.

richard fortus is in it for the money, exclusively.

he has no pride as a musician, he's a sell out.

He is primarily a session musician. He has a lot of pride as he's played with huge names and has had a few bands of his own. Solid career for a session dude

The fact Richard says that the last he heard, "they were recording and blah blah blah" shows again how this is a solo project and that Team Brazil and Del James could all be more part of the creative process than the band. How pathetic is that?

At least Richard didn't lie on this interview.

I'm not sure whether this is sad or not, but that's my take away from this: at least he didn't lie. Every time we get a 4tus or Dizzy interview, all of us immediately point out that they're full of shit. He at least laid it out like it is this time, which I can dig.

thats the reason why i posted this interview here right after i read it, because i know you guess are dying for the truth and real status of the process and as you all see, i also saw he was speaking the truth for real this time

wait so we're also bashing fortus now..?

He enables Axl's child-like behavior by staying away from Slash for no good reason. Other then that, the man is a class act, respectful and respected. Just no Slash and we're cool.

Edited by Rovim

richard fortus is in it for the money, exclusively.

he has no pride as a musician, he's a sell out.

He is primarily a session musician. He has a lot of pride as he's played with huge names and has had a few bands of his own. Solid career for a session dude

He is a pretty solid musician and he himself said he loved his work as a session player, but I guess touring with Axl's band gave him a lot of extra cash, when it comes to music he knows Axl's band won't go anywhere, so thats why he has his other projects which he has to express himself as a musician which is pretty good, but I do have a feeling that he is scared of Axl or TB that if he goes on stage with Slash, then most prob. he would be fired. Marc was a very good friend of Axl's, but cause of the book and as he said good things about Slash, that made his friendship sour with Axl and even TB is totally against Marc.

wait so we're also bashing fortus now..?

He enables Axl's child-like behavior by staying away from Slash for no good reason. Other then that, the man is a class act, respectful and respected. Just no Slash and we're cool.

i mean just like someone said he probly gets more money playing nugnr so i guess hes gotta support the ginger somehow just to not get kicked out right..?

Is there anything that makes sense with this band? It is like, the interviews from the band members are talking about a different reality from our own. We here Axl is ''all about the music'' yet the guy has only released one album in twenty plus years. Post-1991, there barely is any Axl Rose Music!! We here that Axl has 'integrity' yet we see Axl selling Budweiser and playing Vegas shows forevermore. Who these bandmembers are describing is an absolute integrity artist; are they on drugs and confusing Axl with Neil Young or Springsteen?

No. That was recorded before I was in the band. I wouldn't do that out of respect to Axl. Not that he would make a big deal out of it. But after all the s--- that's gone down between those two guys it would be a real slap in the face. Slash wanted to sit in when I was with Thin Lizzy and I told Scott Gorham, the other guitar player, 'If Slash wants to sit in he can use my gear, my amp, and my guitars.' But just out of respect for my friend I can't stand on the same stage with Slash. And nobody asked me to do that, it's just a personal thing. And it's no slight to Slash, he's one of the greatest guitar players ever. I just can't do it out of respect for my friend [laughs].

Jesus, what a sycophantic wanker. You are happy enough to play Slash's music!!

He couldn't have been more respectful when he said that. he's right though, Slash knows full well that Axl doesn't do press so he does have the power to say what he wants and really play the game. And yeh, I'd say it would be a slap in the face to jam with someones arch nemesis especially after being in a band for 15 (ish) years with the guy.

No. That was recorded before I was in the band. I wouldn't do that out of respect to Axl. Not that he would make a big deal out of it. But after all the s--- that's gone down between those two guys it would be a real slap in the face. Slash wanted to sit in when I was with Thin Lizzy and I told Scott Gorham, the other guitar player, 'If Slash wants to sit in he can use my gear, my amp, and my guitars.' But just out of respect for my friend I can't stand on the same stage with Slash. And nobody asked me to do that, it's just a personal thing. And it's no slight to Slash, he's one of the greatest guitar players ever. I just can't do it out of respect for my friend [laughs].

He couldn't have been more respectful when he said that. he's right though, Slash knows full well that Axl doesn't do press so he does have the power to say what he wants and really play the game. And yeh, I'd say it would be a slap in the face to jam with someones arch nemesis especially after being in a band for 15 (ish) years with the guy.

I do not agree in the slightest - Unless of course you are talking about toddlers in a playground? I mean for Axl to even have an 'arch nemesis' - your choice of words is apt by the way as that is probably how Axl sees it - is fairly pathetic for a man his age. Secondly, Richard had nothing to do with the quarrel. Thirdly, it was for one guest appearance for a band in which Fortus himself was a peripheral member.

• Like 2

This band is a joke.

Noone but axl knows ANYTHING. What happens when the tour ends? Axl just leaves and loses contact with everyone until the next tour? Does ANYONE in the band have contact with Axl outside of touring? I'm starting to wonder if they're even allowed to talk to him while on tour.

And then we've got Zealots on here who think Axl's approach is better than Slash's. Yup no music is definitly better than all the music.. :rolleyes:

imaginary music is better than no music and Slash's solo music. The General is a classic, up there with Bohemian Rhapsody.

That's irony isn't it? Please tell me it's irony

Oh ... Richard Fortus talked shit about Slash and praised Axl ... shut the fuck up, devil Richard :lol:

He praised Slash. Read the interview again.

I don't need to read it again. I know exactly what I was talking about and he "talked shit about Slash" at some people's eyes ...

Yes, you need to read it again. You said that Fortus "talked shit" about Slash, which didn't happen in this interview. And, in whose eyes Fortus "talked shit" about Slash? Where are these people?

This clears up some things :lol:

So all this "Slash-badmouthed-Axl-for-years" actually means Slash praised Axl for years...

Is there anything that makes sense with this band? It is like, the interviews from the band members are talking about a different reality from our own. We here Axl is ''all about the music'' yet the guy has only released one album in twenty plus years. Post-1991, there barely is any Axl Rose Music!! We here that Axl has 'integrity' yet we see Axl selling Budweiser and playing Vegas shows forevermore. Who these bandmembers are describing is an absolute integrity artist; are they on drugs and confusing Axl with Neil Young or Springsteen?

Don't forget the wedding.

Playing a rich dude's wedding for a million dollars SCREAMS musical integrity.

I do not agree in the slightest - Unless of course you are talking about toddlers in a playground? I mean for Axl to even have an 'arch nemesis' - your choice of words is apt by the way as that is probably how Axl sees it - is fairly pathetic for a man his age. Secondly, Richard had nothing to do with the quarrel. Thirdly, it was for one guest appearance for a band in which Fortus himself was a peripheral member.

You beat me to it.

For a 50 year old man to have an "arch nemesis" is pathetic. Especially considering the feud is over a band falling apart! That's idiotic to the core.

What has it been like working with Axl Rose?

Axl has always been cool with me and he's a hell of a musician. Some people are just really musical. They just are music and he is music personified, he really is. He's just one of the cats that just lives it. He always thinks musically. He listens - which is what makes him a great musician. Music is all that matters to him. I've never met anyone with as much musical and artistic integrity as Axl Rose.

And here may lie the problem. Hiding in a hole playing with music all day is all well and good, but it would be nice if there was a little bit of desire to share the music with the world.

Did you play on The Dead Daisies song "Lock 'N' Load" with Slash?

I don't think this quote says anything about Axl at all. It shows that Fortus is compassionate and thinks about others. Some people just find it awkward to hang out with their friend's ex after a bitter nasty divorce full of hurt feelings. Even if has been a long time and the friend doesn't care one way or the other. (Not that I am saying I know what Axl's feelings are toward Slash- he could be anywhere from naming kittens after him to throwing darts at his picture everyday) What I am saying is that this gets Richard Fortus a tally mark in the plus column.

I know Richard had nothing to do with the quarrel, but he knows Axl and he knows what will, and will not piss him off. If I was in Richards position I wouldn't get on stage with Slash either and that's not drone mentality, it's just basic professionalism and politeness. He didn't want to offend his friend / boss who is very temperamental... and sharing the stage with Slash would have likely offended him.

Is it completely ridiculous for a 50+ man to have a arch nemesis? yes, yes it is... but it's all of that craziness combined that created the frontman that we all grew up with, if he was rational I'm pretty confident that most would not be so fanatical about him, as he just wouldn't be as exciting / unpredictable.

Like I said, Richard didn't say anything bad or untrue about Slash, he also offered all his gear for Slash's use... that's pretty reasonable and non-confrontational. And the comment about Slash saying stuff about Axl in the press is accurate... Slash does talk about Axl a lot in the press, which isn't always his intention, but he has done a lot of talking since 1996 and it has been a mixed bag positive and negative.

It's fair enough that Richard doesn't want to set his notoriously volatile boss off, but he's not telling the whole story of Axl and the media.

Back in the day you couldn't shut Axl up, he had too much to say- and it all came back to bite him on the hypersensitive ass and it's nobody's fault but his own.

Idk, if my boss was a guy who probably wouldn't appreciate me being on stage with someone who he's been involved with a long term media fight with, I probably wouldn't want to play or be on stage with him, either. You're going to make some sacrifices to not offend the person who helps pay the bills. I don't think it needs to be any deeper than that.

I know Richard had nothing to do with the quarrel, but he knows Axl and he knows what will, and will not piss him off. If I was in Richards position I wouldn't get on stage with Slash either and that's not drone mentality, it's just basic professionalism and politeness. He didn't want to offend his friend / boss who is very temperamental... and sharing the stage with Slash would have likely offended him.

You said it.

Although read, a 'complete arsehead' in its place.

It speaks more badly on Axl and the culture he has created whereby these people do not feel they can play with Slash without causing offense, than Fortus who is merely a hack who no doubt is enjoying the pay check. Why should people act like this around Axl, as if he is a toddler with special needs who needs treating with kid gloves whereas most people in Axl's shoes would say, ''yes, play with who you like; Slash is an incredible musician; it is a pity our friendship ended'' and give them a gentleman like handshake? Think also, Beta withdrawing from Marc's son's Bar Mitzvah or the 'cancer' comment where Rose basically admitted that he hates people who support Slash?

Is it completely ridiculous for a 50+ man to have a arch nemesis? yes, yes it is... but it's all of that craziness combined that created the frontman that we all grew up with, if he was rational I'm pretty confident that most would not be so fanatical about him, as he just wouldn't be as exciting / unpredictable.

Like I said, Richard didn't say anything bad or untrue about Slash, he also offered all his gear for Slash's use... that's pretty reasonable and non-confrontational. And the comment about Slash saying stuff about Axl in the press is accurate... Slash does talk about Axl a lot in the press, which isn't always his intention, but he has done a lot of talking since 1996 and it has been a mixed bag positive and negative.

Nope, I think I would cope fine if Axl was not so 'exciting/unpredictable' if your definition of 'exciting/unpredictable' includes a grown man keeping a list of enemies and acting like a child who has just shit his nappy! I have to confess though that I am no longer a fan of the man let alone 'fanatical' about him. I am just here for the comedy.

Have we ever found that 'smoking gun' Slash comment yet either? ''Axl wanted to make a NIN style record''. Fuck me: ''controversial. Doom the guy forever more. The cancer.'' Basically Axl's hatred of Slash is founded on a bunch of bollocks which is the measure of the man.

• Like 1

Like I said, Richard didn't say anything bad or untrue about Slash, he also offered all his gear for Slash's use... that's pretty reasonable and non-confrontational.

But that's kinda the problem, isn't it? he offered Slash all of his gear to use cause he respects him and felt bad for turning him down. I think it's pretty obvious he didn't want to turn him down but only did it cause Axl might get upset.

It's like caving in to a child that throws a tantrum. It's understandable, but it's weak and not the best way to deal with it, but probably the safest for Richard.

Edited by Rovim