SLASH, DUFF, MATT & GILBY together onstage JULY 2015

There is a long article where slash says something to this effect. He was never around

Izzy was there for a month

Everybody was there for a month

Izzy recorded all his parts along with Slash, Duff, Matt (probably Dizzy was there with them). They recorded all the basic tracks in about a month. And then Izzy left

Then Axl came and spent like 4 or 6 or 8 or more months to put vocals to the songs

and of course, all those effects

and off course, he also wrote and recorded MY WORLD

And Slash probably didnt leave, he probably stood there longer to record his solos

Slash may have re-recorded some of his tracks, Slash may have added a lick here and there, and Slash maybe he re-recorded one or two Izzy tracks

This is what I have learned after reading countless interviews on the last 24 years

• Like 1

If I'm not mistaken, Izzy isn't on Locomotive, is he?

That's my understanding. It's pretty clear that if it is all Slash that he's playing roughly whatever Izzy's part was because the guitar interaction on that song is fantastic. IMO the most underated GnR song musically followed closely by GITR (love the instrumental version of this).

There has always been a bit of a 'wall' between Slash and Izzy. When Slash joined Hollywood Rose, Izzy left to join London. Slash also wanted to be the lone guitarist. His garage band, Tidus Sloan, were an one-guitar set up. And then you have this,

I never liked playing with him. It was wonderful to escape him on this record. It sounds tighter and so much cooler than anything we've done before. I always got irritated over Izzy's way of playing. It didn't sound right. Before "Spaghetti", we erased his guitar and Gilby put on a new one. It sounded perfect!

There has always been a bit of a 'wall' between Slash and Izzy. When Slash joined Hollywood Rose, Izzy left to join London. Slash also wanted to be the lone guitarist. His garage band, Tidus Sloan, were an one-guitar set up. And then you have this,

I never liked playing with him. It was wonderful to escape him on this record. It sounds tighter and so much cooler than anything we've done before. I always got irritated over Izzy's way of playing. It didn't sound right. Before "Spaghetti", we erased his guitar and Gilby put on a new one. It sounded perfect!

I think this quote is bullshit and he knows it.

That's a typical Slash speaking when praising something new. Nowadays he said more than once playing in a band with Izzy was the best collaboration he had.

IIRC, even on Slash's first solo record, Izzy showed up early to do his bit on Ghost and left before Slash arrived.

Interesting! Do you happen to remember the source?

Interview with Slash, of the million he's done while touring. no idea which, was a few years ago I believe.

I've seen this go both ways from Slash AND Axl. They've both done interviews where they praise Izzy as a friend and as a player, but Axl also talks about Izzy being too drugged out to play well on tour, and Slash has mentioned a couple of things like this. I don't think there's bad blood, but I don't think they're close either. In one of the two interviews Izzy has done since... ... ... ... ... whenever, the interviewer asked him if he and Slash were still close. His answer was something to the effect of, "We did a lot of drugs together in the 80s." Then, when asked if he read Slash's book, he said, "I looked through it a little bit." But then again, in a more recent podcast interview, Izzy specifically said, "We're all still good friends. We call each other up every couple of weeks." Who knows?

I hope we will se Izzy and/or Steven on stage with KOC one day.

This. I mean it's accepted fact of life that Axl is an idiot who will never mature but it's been always Slash, Duff and Steven; Izzy, Duff and Steven; Slash, Izzy, Duff and Matt; Slash, Izzy and Steven; or Slash, Gilby, Duff and Matt. There's never been a Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven performance. I guess Steven tried but that was ruined by Slash poofing out and that annoying Axl impersonator.

Absofreakinglutely. If Slash, Duff, Steven, and Izzy performed together, I wouldn't care if Ice JJ Fish was the singer.

Edited by G-Money