Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

More worried about people reading the thread title and believing there has actually been talks between Slash and Axl, when there is a good possibility there hasn't been any :shrugs:. I hate to see people get their hopes up only to be disappointed yet again.

Personally, I hope there has been talks and the guys are friends again.

I'm as big a skeptic as the next, but you have watched the video, right?

I agree that peeps are getting ahead of themselves though.

Yes, probably 5-6 times now :D

The interviewer says he's heard they are friends again, and Slash sort of confirms it, and says it was about time. Again, no mention of the guys having actually talked, and lots of people are suggesting this is Slash interpreting the more cordial environment between the GN'R camp and himself (with no one challenging releases of live DVDs, with Del congratulating him, etc) as Axl starting to thaw. I think he might be right in that.

But again, we have no evidence for Axl and Slash actually talking. That was my point. Again, I hope they are, but it could also be that Axl hasn't really changed and that he has just wised up when it comes to business decisions but is still as anti-Slash as he has been the last years. So yeah, people MAY have brought out the cake and uncorked the champagne a wee bit too early. That's all I am saying. Personally, I hope that Axl or Slash will come out and confirm that they are buddies again, or deny the rumours.

Edited by SoulMonster

I think if you look at Marc's comments regarding this, there is some pretty big clues that their has been some constructive communication between Axl & Slash. He said the biggest clue was Del wishing Slash a Happy Birthday. So it would seem there has been dialogue for a while.

No matter what happens from here, this is the single biggest piece of positive news in ages. There's A LOT of clues that would suggest the stars are lining up for a reunion.

Also (just my opinion and living in fantasy land for a minute) I would love to think that Axl not being sighted since last year Could mean he's gone away to get fit, lose the weight and come back as one mean mother fucker when we see him on stage next! :)

• Like 2

You don't see it as much here although it is there but if you read facebook comments, comment sections of articles etc etc it's hilarious to see how many butthurt GnR fans there would be over the fact Axl and Slash are friends again. It's mind biggling how many idiots there are out there. It's like they feel their own integrity or ego is on the line. Like the band being friends again or getting back together goes against everything they beleived or were told to believe. idiotic fans who drew lines in the sand and decided to worship one guy over the other. It's hilarious to see these morons panic in despair, not knowing how or what to think.

• Like 2

Facebook friends then?

No, Soul Monster wants tangible proof. Like a picture of Axl and Slash embrasing while grabbing each other´s ass and a big french kiss to seal the peace.

Maybe not even that would be proof enough for him

• Like 1

wasnt everybody pissed that gnr hasnt changed their setlist that much since 2001, that it was time to stop playing the afd songs?

well, if a reunion happens be prepared for more years of that same, tired setlist....

but maybe salsh could stand on the piano while playing a solo

#INTEGRITY

cant wait to hear the new version of the godfather theme

maybe this time it will be longer

Nothing wrong with playing the old songs THEY wrote. Not like Axl's fucking joke band pretending to be Guns N Roses leeching off the past while claiming for 20 years to be working towards something. Old GnR haven't been "working" on new material for 20 years so no reason to expect new songs and no reason to complain if they play the songs that are responsible for all of us being here.

Facebook friends then?

No, Soul Monster wants tangible proof. Like a picture of Axl and Slash embrasing while grabbing each other´s ass and a big french kiss to seal the peace.

Nah, I'd be fine with Slash actually saying he has talked to Axl ;)

• Like 1

You don't see it as much here although it is there but if you read facebook comments, comment sections of articles etc etc it's hilarious to see how many butthurt GnR fans there would be over the fact Axl and Slash are friends again. It's mind biggling how many idiots there are out there. It's like they feel their own integrity or ego is on the line. Like the band being friends again or getting back together goes against everything they beleived or were told to believe. idiotic fans who drew lines in the sand and decided to worship one guy over the other. It's hilarious to see these morons panic in despair, not knowing how or what to think.

Jarmo

I rest my case :)

I don't want a reunion. I think that a reunion just makes everything that Axl and GnR have been through over the last 2 decades seem like a waste of time. All the money and time spent on CD will have been for nothing, considering that a big part of CD was about Axl reinventing GnR.

Hahahaha! So the last 2 decades haven't been a waste of time anyways? Yeah it's a reunion that would make the last 20 years of Ax's career a waste. Not the fact that it's been a complete waste on it's own. Axl for all intents and purposes hasn't done a damn thing in 20 years and you're worried that a reunion would make it all for not. Some of you are so fucking insane it's incredible.

He has done something. Even if he just released 1 CD, you can't treat people like garbagejust because they like it and want more of it.

I love CD more than any other GN'R album and there's nothing I'd love more than having a new album from the same guys.

Am I insane?

These guys (Tommy, Chris, Dizzy and Axl) have been through shit. Through deep shit over the past 17 years or so. They've been somehow commited to a project that is far from being perfect, but they've given many people some legitimate joy and satisfaction. Calling people insane for not wanting all of that thrown to the ground isn't very kind I think. And I think Axl knows that.

They could have given up and never released Chinese Democracy. Axl proved he still gave a shit and released it almost 10 years after it was first announced.

He cared. And I'd like to believe he still cares.

Hahahaha! Committed to a project? They've been commited to leeching of the past. That's it. Chris and Dizzy? What else are they gonna do? Of course their committed to their paychecks. If what they did is commitment then wow your definition of commitment is pretty screwed up. They could have given up? Take a good hard look. They DID give up. They barely did a thing in almost 20 years. 1 album and some of you treat it as if they've busted their ass and fought the good fight and it's all been worth it. It's been a joke from start to finish. 1 album since Slash left. ONE! And some of you act like the possibility of a reunion will kill all the "progress" and "momentum" Axl has made. That is insane. I'm sorry that hurts your feelings but it's insane.

• Like 1

Facebook friends then?

If you claim you´re friend of someone it´s obvious you and that person have talked

• Like 1

Facebook friends then?

If you claim you´re friend of someone it´s obvious you and that person have talked

It would be the normal assumption, yes.

Have anyone tried to mail the reporter who did the interview? would be interesting to hear how he "knew" they were friends again.

Apparently, he had seen the CBS interviews from May where Slash said the animosity was gone and that most of the tension had eased, but where he also pointed out he hadn't actually talked to Axl.

The interviewer assumingly interpreted this as Axl and Slash being friends, asked Slash about it, and Slash sort of confirmed that by not denying it, and also by repeating what he said in May (but without saying anything about whether they had actually now talked).

So who knows?

Edited by SoulMonster

10 Reasons Guns N’ Roses Will Reunite

Rock MusicClassic RockHard RockTop Storiesby Brett Buchanan - Aug 24, 2015

With news recently breaking that Axl Rose and Slash are friends again, Alternative Nation decided to do some detective work (with some help from a GNRTruth forum topic) and find signs and hints pointing towards a reunion of Guns N’ Roses’ original lineup. Below are the Top 10 reasons that the original Guns N’ Roses could reunite! Steven Adler quotes have been excluded as there are enough for their own article.

10. Slash said ‘Never say never’ in May, and hinted at reconciliation with Axl

The former GNR guitarist sounded optimistic in a May 2015 interview on CBS, admitting a reunion “might be fun” and claiming he’s on better terms with Axl Rose. “You know, never say never.”

9. Slash wished Axl happy birthday in February

Slash wished Axl Rose happy birthday in February on Twitter.

8. GNR road manager wished Slash happy birthday last month

Guns N’ Roses road manager, and longtime Axl Rose confidante, Del James wished Slash happy birthday last month.

7. GNR road manager posted a photo with Slash in January

A photo was also posted of Del James with Slash in the background from an old Guns N’ Roses tour back in January.

gnroriginalsmall

6. There was a rumor in January hinting at a major Guns N’ Roses development

While this was obviously just a rumor, Jim posted on GNRTruth on January 2, 2015 that a major development had happened in Guns N’ Roses. “There are currently negotiations going on for the past several weeks that could prove very interesting if all goes well…Been a cold winter gtrunk, and hell did freeze over.”

ashbabumblefoot

5. DJ Ashba and Bumblefoot have left Guns N’ Roses

Guitarists DJ Ashba and Ron ‘Bumblefoot’ Thal left Guns N Roses this year, and while a followup to Chinese Democracy has long been in the works, there isn’t currently a full live GNR lineup.

4. Duff McKagan and Izzy Stradlin have been recording together

Duff McKagan and Izzy Stradlin reunited to record “How To Be A Man” early this year. “We were talking on the phone, and [stradlin] said, ‘Let’s go record a song,” McKagan recalled earlier this year. Asked whether they’d be up for more music, he was positive yet noncommittal, saying, “We’ll probably do it some more. We’re gonna maybe record some more. But we just enjoy making music together and enjoy each other’s company. We’re allowed to do that.” The pair were reported to be in the studio earlier this month, and in an interview with Classic Rock Magazine, McKagan made it clear he’d be content to continue working with Stradlin indefinitely.

“I really trust whatever he does. If he says, ‘I’ve got a part,’ I know he’s got a part. It’s not like, ‘Let me hear it.’ It’s like, ‘He’s got the part. Good – that’s taken care of,’” he explained. “I’d like to do more music with him. For the rest of my life.”

3. Axl thanked past Guns N’ Roses lineups at Golden Gods Awards

Axl Rose thanked past Guns N’ Roses lineups when accepting an award last year in Los Angeles.

2. Axl and Duff toured together last year

Duff McKagan joined Guns N’ Roses for a South American tour last year. McKagan discussed reuniting with Rose during an interview on Talk is Jericho earlier this year. “After playing with Axl last spring and those guys, I just missed playing with him, I’ve got to be honest. I’m like dude, we should have been doing this for the – so much time has passed, of course. We talked about some things, we did, we thought we were just this gang, we weren’t going to fall into any typical rock crap, no man. We fell into every one of them man, and we were laughing about that.”

Guns N Roses Perform Live At Rock In Rio II

1. Slash said he and Axl are friends again

Slash has stated in a new interview with Aftonbladet that he and former Guns N’ Roses bandmate Axl Rose are friends again.

The reporter asked: “I heard you made friends with Axl Rose again, how was that possible after all those years?”

Slash responded: “It was probably way over due but it was very cool at this point. Let some of that…Dispell some of that negative stuff that was going on for so long.”

Slash refused to discuss a possible Guns N’ Roses reunion, asking to change the subject. The Guns N’ Roses News Twitter has a major update on this story, reporting that Axl Rose and Slash have been communicating for months, with a source informing them about their reconciliation months ago.

• Like 1

I don't want a reunion. I think that a reunion just makes everything that Axl and GnR have been through over the last 2 decades seem like a waste of time. All the money and time spent on CD will have been for nothing, considering that a big part of CD was about Axl reinventing GnR.

Hahahaha! So the last 2 decades haven't been a waste of time anyways? Yeah it's a reunion that would make the last 20 years of Ax's career a waste. Not the fact that it's been a complete waste on it's own. Axl for all intents and purposes hasn't done a damn thing in 20 years and you're worried that a reunion would make it all for not. Some of you are so fucking insane it's incredible.

He has done something. Even if he just released 1 CD, you can't treat people like garbagejust because they like it and want more of it.

I love CD more than any other GN'R album and there's nothing I'd love more than having a new album from the same guys.

Am I insane?

These guys (Tommy, Chris, Dizzy and Axl) have been through shit. Through deep shit over the past 17 years or so. They've been somehow commited to a project that is far from being perfect, but they've given many people some legitimate joy and satisfaction. Calling people insane for not wanting all of that thrown to the ground isn't very kind I think. And I think Axl knows that.

They could have given up and never released Chinese Democracy. Axl proved he still gave a shit and released it almost 10 years after it was first announced.

He cared. And I'd like to believe he still cares.

Hahahaha! Committed to a project? They've been commited to leeching of the past. That's it. Chris and Dizzy? What else are they gonna do? Of course their committed to their paychecks. If what they did is commitment then wow your definition of commitment is pretty screwed up. They could have given up? Take a good hard look. They DID give up. They barely did a thing in almost 20 years. 1 album and some of you treat it as if they've busted their ass and fought the good fight and it's all been worth it. It's been a joke from start to finish. 1 album since Slash left. ONE! And some of you act like the possibility of a reunion will kill all the "progress" and "momentum" Axl has made. That is insane. I'm sorry that hurts your feelings but it's insane.

Yeah, I would understand it if perhaps BH and Finck were still in the band, but with even their replacements having buggered off, NuGuns is no more alive than original Guns. I loved Chinese Democracy as much as the next NuGuns fan, but unlike some of you guys, I can see that that ship sailed a long time ago. Axl procrastinated and dicked around for too long, drove all the decent musicians away (plus Dj) and now he's left with four guys who only stuck around because they have no better offers.

At this stage, a reunion in one form or another is the only decision that makes any sense at all. It may not be a full original band lineup, but there is no way Axl can release and tour CD2 - an album consisting of material written by band members who have been out of Guns for 10+ years - with yet another incarnation of NuGuns. For the first time in twenty years I think it's obvious to everyone - probably even Axl - that he really needs Slash back.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 2

Could somebody explain me what happened? and where? im shocked and with a letal hangover

Things are thawing between camp Axl and camp Slash.

Could somebody explain me what happened? and where? im shocked and with a letal hangover

Things are thawing between camp Axl and camp Slash.

so maybe was that "working on something to happen" ?