Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

I'm disheartened for Axl to learn today of all these departures, DJ's exit note as classy and respectful though. As to this I say after 21 years it's great as I hope old wounds are finally being dressed to heal. You guys and gals saw the RS one too, yes? http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/slash-axl-rose-talk-to-dispel-some-of-that-negative-stuff-20150822

Anyway cheers, makes me think maybe one day I'll even speak to my brother again! (Only been 8 years though, we're just getting started, ha!)

Edited by axlskAmpf

People saying new gnr are fake are not only accurate but captain obvious at the same time. Most of the people on here where still swimming in there fathers nutsacks hoping to be the fastest swimmer the last time the classic era of Guns N' Roses toured the world (complete with two hired hands & dizzy), it could have been a huge blessing in disguise not releasing anything except TSI in the early to late 90's because it could quite easily have sounded out of date & corny in the middle of the alternative moment and the start of nu-metal era. I bought Appetite, skipped Lies, bought the Illusions and eventually over time purchased CD and to many people's blind sense of what's right & wrong in Guns N' Roses I actually enjoyed CD, that's why I wanna listen to the stuff that's on the next record & follow up. Do I want a reunion? Of course I do. Are we flat out speculating at this point? Cause I won't believe it until it is confirmed they spoke and a conversation doesn't necessarily mean a reunion.

Wat
  • Like 2

Slash just wants the feud to end, the idea of it in the media is very damaging to GNR now and then. That's the main thing. That they are all on decent terms, personally and business. To me Duff led the way.

A reunion is a whole nother thing. Fans want it. Maybe Axl and Slash don't but I feel deep down they do really. But looking at the insanity of those days, the deaths, the riots, it's totally understable for them to just go phew no one died. Slash really backed off the reunion question so I don't know. Maybe those days have gone.

wasnt everybody pissed that gnr hasnt changed their setlist that much since 2001, that it was time to stop playing the afd songs?

well, if a reunion happens be prepared for more years of that same, tired setlist....

but maybe salsh could stand on the piano while playing a solo

#INTEGRITY

cant wait to hear the new version of the godfather theme

maybe this time it will be longer

Edited by Sixes

wasnt everybody pissed that gnr hasnt changed their setlist that much since 2001, that it was time to stop playing the afd songs?

well, if a reunion happens be prepared for more years of that same, tired setlist....

but maybe salsh could stand on the piano while playing the solo

#INTEGRITY

cant wait to hear the new version of the godfather theme

maybe this time it will be longer

Well, nothing would prevent them from playing VR and CD2 songs. Too good to be true though.

it won't necessarily be "easy pay" but I imagine if they play 140+ shows it could be the biggest tour ever, and Duff/Slash/Axl would each clear over 100m a piece.

Yeah that's not even remotely possible.

If they did a yearlong reunion tour, I'm guessing they'd each clear around $10-15m.

Which I'm sure is far more than any of them have earned since Axl kicked everyone out and took over.

My guest is:

Axl

Slash

Fortus

Duff

Ferrer

Pitman

Sometimes izzy?

works fine for me without pitman tho, i don't really see slash writing music with pitman i think slash will see all the additions of pitman al those sounds and effects as not relevant or something, atleast thats what i would expect
  • Like 1

I do think fans have gotten way ahead of themselves in this thread. Colour me sceptical, but for all we know Axl may have just wanted to extend an olive branch for his own sake, to let go of the negativity and to give him some peace. A reunion might not even factor into it. Of course I hope I'm wrong, but let's not get ahead of ourselves at this stage.

• Like 1

SM seems kinda worried about this story. It's kinda funny.

More worried about people reading the thread title and believing there has actually been talks between Slash and Axl, when there is a good possibility there hasn't been any :shrugs:. I hate to see people get their hopes up only to be disappointed yet again.

Personally, I hope there has been talks and the guys are friends again.

More worried about people reading the thread title and believing there has actually been talks between Slash and Axl, when there is a good possibility there hasn't been any :shrugs:. I hate to see people get their hopes up only to be disappointed yet again.

Personally, I hope there has been talks and the guys are friends again.

I'm as big a skeptic as the next, but you have watched the video, right?

I agree that peeps are getting ahead of themselves though.

lol fakegnr fans

IMO it's better to be careful than to run with the story without asking questions, don't you think?

I'd love for it to be true (and I'm a fan of CD / Robin / Bucket / BBF lineups), I just don't want to get my hopes up.

Also, if it's true it does raise the question about what's going to happen with the unreleased materials from the Chinese Democracy era. You can lol all you want about 'fakegnr' like you do in all your posts, but for some people that matters, along with what's to happen to Tommy, Richard, Frank and the others. Unless they want out like DJ it wouldn't fair to boot them. They've worked hard to bring Axl's vision to life, in both the studio and on the road.

So like always with GN'R it's complicated :D