Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

The thing about Axl and Slash reuniting is people still believe they can turn out some good material. When other bands have reunited it's been more about taking a victory lap.

I'm serious when I said I hope Axl and Slash release an acoustic record with just the two of them. That would be amazing.

The thing Slash understands is that this is only going to be cool for 5 min. He said that on Stern. He knows people have short attention spans which is why he probably doesn't care about revealing he's talked to Axl. He knows if they come together they will have to produce again to keep it interesting. His fear on Stern was that they had "already ran the gamut" in Gnr. He didn't think they were capable of producing music anymore. But I think in his head he knows there's alot left on the table. And hopefully Axl feels that way also.

It's just exciting that the possibility is there for the two to make music again. I think regardless of if we get a reunion or not, we will hear Axl and Slash on an album again one day.

The biggest issue with bringing Slash back into Gnr is what Gnr are you bringing him into? Is it Beta's? Is it Axl's? Or is it ours? Does Slash get to choose who is in the band? Is it a partnership or is he a hired hand? This is why Slash isn't touching the reunion question. There's so much to be answered and I don't blame Slash if he's picky on what he wants to happen.

The reason I think it will work? Bc of what Axl said a couple years ago in an interview. The thing he missed most about old Guns was having someone to lean on. Having partners to share in decisions and discussion. With current Gnr its more his thing. With old Gnr it was our thing. If Axl is serious about wanting that back then he will welcome making Slash an equal partner.

The fact that Axl hasn't had a meltdown/rebuttal to what Slash said speaks volumes. I'm more confident than ever that a reunion will happen. Otherwise what's the point of going public? Who cares if they are "speaking" again? Give me Guns n Roses.....give me Axl n Slash.

I sort of agree-- though I highly doubt Axl would ever pipe up one way or another. It would be his leeches (Fernando, Beta, etc) who would go ape-shit if Slash weren't telling the truth about this.
It is true on one level but maybe not in the all out reunion way. But that is much more likely if they are friends again. It's now or never.

I believe the appetite line up could make good music in the studio again.

My only concern would be Axl live. He just doesn't look or sound good anymore.. His stage presence is just odd these days.. I thought his stage presence was good when he first came back prior to CD coming out... Then for a bit around 06 I think.. he looked in shape.. I think if he took the whole thing serious he could be great again.. Work out with Duff and get in shape. Maybe sing in his "Brownstone voice" more often. I'd rather that than Mickey..

He doesn't have to be perfect as long as he is giving it 100% and they are all happy.

Did Fortus say that something "phenomenal" will happen in 2016 with GNR in this interview?

https://soundcloud.com/kshe-95/fortus-on-guns#t=0:00

I mean, wouldn't it be plausible that Richard stays even if Guns gets back together? I don't really see Izzy being honestly committed to doing it, and there I would venture that Gilby wouldn't be invited. At the end of the day, most people would consider Axl Duff and Slash a gnr reunion.

Did Fortus say that something "phenomenal" will happen in 2016 with GNR in this interview?

Thanx! Its obvious, something is happening. Dont think there will be a new record yet, but axl, slash, duff, fortus....3 guitar players? izzy? Frank?

I can't see it working with Frank.. I know some people here like him but he sure butchers those classic songs. If they do it why not just do it right and go with the Appetite Line up.. Axl can keep the current band together as his solo band.

Edited by Tom-Ass

https://soundcloud.com/kshe-95/fortus-on-guns#t=0:00

Thanx! Its obvious, something is happening. Dont think there will be a new record yet, but axl, slash, duff, fortus....3 guitar players? izzy? Frank?

Yanever know. Only 2 guys havebeen vocal about gnr future: fortus and ferrer.

I can't see it working with Frank.. I know some people here like him but he sure butchers those classic songs. If they do it why not just do it right and go with the Appetite Line up.. Axl can keep the current band together as his solo band.

Not a huge fan of Frank neither. Just having a feeling it might be a mix of old and "new". And of course Dizzy...

I can't see Izzy being up for a full world tour, that's partly why he left the band in the first place. It's tough even getting him to appear as a guest, there's been one or two shows since 2006 where he was supposed to be there but didn't turn up for whatever reason. I can see him joining as a guest like Mick Taylor did for the Stones.

I don't think anyone can play the AFD tracks like Adler, but as much as I love him I can't see him pulling it together :/

I think it'll be Axl/Slash/Duff/Fortus/Ferrer as the main touring lineup. I doubt Axl is gonna dump the CD material either. If he could get Duff to play ChiDem songs (one of the most surreal things I have ever seen in my life), I'm sure he could get Slash to play one or two. Would be funny if people thought he wrote songs like Better or TIL :lol: Would be cool if Slash and Duff could convince Axl to cover a VR song or two in return, like Slither or Fall to Pieces, as long as it still leaves room for all the AFD and UYI hits along with a few deep cuts.

Steven is a great drummer, and rigt now he is doing well but he would need to have a lot more years behind him before people would say he could handle a guns reunion. I don't think Steven would get the drum stool, I do think that he would eventually play with them again though if they reunited. I think a solid drummer with no baggage like Frank is the easiest way to go. He can play the songs exact to the record if that's what he's asked of him, he adds in his own style because that's what's expected in present gnr.

Not a huge fan of Frank neither. Just having a feeling it might be a mix of old and "new". And of course Dizzy...

If it has to be, this would work for me I guess but I certainly wouldn't consider it Guns N' Roses

Axl

Slash

Duff

Fortus

Brent Fitz

Dizzy

The ultimate dream for most is the Appetite line up though.

Just gotta have these 4 or it just doesn't seem right.

Axl

Slash

Duff

Izzy... If everyone else was on board, maybe he would just give it a shot

Steven... He seems to be doing better right now. He is on tour, he can still play. I can see why they might pass but it sure would be great.

The fact that Axl hasn't had a meltdown/rebuttal to what Slash said speaks volumes. I'm more confident than ever that a reunion will happen. Otherwise what's the point of going public? Who cares if they are "speaking" again? Give me Guns n Roses.....give me Axl n Slash.

I sort of agree-- though I highly doubt Axl would ever pipe up one way or another. It would be his leeches (Fernando, Beta, etc) who would go ape-shit if Slash weren't telling the truth about this.

Jarmo claims he doesnt know shit.. which isnt surprising.. i could have told Jarmo that years ago ;)

seriously though... I would agree with you... I highly doubt Axl will say anything publicly.. unless hes got a microphone in his hand with slash standing next to him ;)

2-4 months fernando reckoned.... how many of us are holding him to that? :lol:

If it has to be, this would work for me I guess but I certainly wouldn't consider it Guns N' Roses

Axl

Slash

Duff

Fortus

Brent Fitz

Dizzy

The ultimate dream for most is the Appetite line up though.

Just gotta have these 4 or it just doesn't seem right.

Axl

Slash

Duff

Izzy... If everyone else was on board, maybe he would just give it a shot

Steven... He seems to be doing better right now. He is on tour, he can still play. I can see why they might pass but it sure would be great.

Id prefer Brent over Frank

• Like 2