Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

Nobody outside the forums care about CD 2. I'm pretty sure neither Robin or Buckethead lose any sleep thinking about it. Seriously guys, Axl and Slash not being enemies anymore is far more important to the world than Axl's next solo album.

The thing is.. some of us don't care about other ppl opinions. CD was not a mayor success, but i liked. I don't need the world love CD, i am not that insecure.

Just want to hear the music that is being teasing for so long.

Edited by Russel Nash

Heh.. So sensitive.

Nope, just being selfish.

maynard was calling me sensitive for pointing out the stupidity of stating the obvious thing that no one except hard core fans will tend to "care about" a record that is in production, but that this isn't indicative of whether that record will sell or not.

I some reason think a documentary would be a good route to think about if they are in talks about a reunion. Someone mentioned a movie was getting considered but I never think Hollywood does a good job in showing the glam strip scene so i would prefer a good budget Official documentary as rock documentaries are everywhere now with films/ tv series. It would help remind the average SCOM fan why this band was so important in the late 80s/ early 90s.

I really enjoyed the uproxx mini series so a over 90 minute version would be amazing with band members discussing the hey day and maybe explaining some of the issue being out in the open so we the fan understand better why a reunion was never on the cards.

Also maybe the actual reunion or a scene seeing the band in the same room together would just be the perfect ending of the film...

Keep it away from MTV!!

But exciting time for GNR fans ... until someone post something saying what Slash said was actually misunderstood.

Heh.. So sensitive.

Nope, just being selfish.

maynard was calling me sensitive for pointing out the stupidity of stating the obvious thing that no one except hard core fans will tend to "care about" a record that is in production, but that this isn't indicative of whether that record will sell or not.

don't take him to serious, he's just another forum comedian. But he's running out of jokes now that Dj is gone (no point of using the # anymore) and Slash is on mutual agreement to use for example(GNR bullet logo).

I just hope maybe one of them comes out and talks about it, im sure now Slash will be flooded with questions regarding this in his next interviews, so well lets see what he has to say.

If it were Duff or Steven getting asked, I'm sure we would have heard something by now, but with the exception of Izzy, it takes longest to get Axl or Slash to volunteer info on that topic. But I definitely agree with you. I want to hear one of them comment on it soon!

Connect the dots and there's more reason to believe a reunion is inevitable than not.

It seems things are better between them, and if true, that's great, but I think it's a little too early to make bold claims. A reunion is not inevitable. There are a lot of things that need to happen in order to make it a reality and we don't even know anything.

We don't know if Slash even talked directly to Axl, and you're saying it's inevitable. Axl is not getting any younger, and both sides did not comment on it yet.

I think it's logical to just wait and see, but even if they buried the hatchet, that still doesn't mean a reunion is gonna happen. You can't be sure it's inevitable.

But it's a good sign and a step in the right direction.

Here's the thing. For years and years and years that for a reunion to take place they need to take or be on good terms. Clearly NOTHING is possible if this is't the case. Slash comes out and says they basically are on good terms right now and that it's pretty cool and people are acting like it's nothng. It's fucking huge. Nothing can happen if they aren't on good terms and apparently they are. So now that this seems to be the case we've got way too many people trying dsperately to convince themselves it doesn't mean much. I mean seriously. DJ quits, GnR confrms finally that Ron is out, Slash confirms he and Axl are on better terms and Duffs says he'd be lying if he said he and Axl have never talked about a reunion. It's like all the signs are there and people want to ignore it for some strange reason. Is anybody saying it's going to happen tomorrow? No, but it's clear something is happening. This isn't 2009 where there was no chance of it. If anything it seems more likely than not that it's going to happen. But people can keep their heads in the sand if that makes them feel better.

Nobody outside the forums care about CD 2.

That's such an unintelligent thing to say. People outside the forum "don't care about CD 2" because they don't know anything about it, but if GN'R were to release another record, people would show that "they care" by buying it, just like people tend to buy music from bands they like.

hahaha! yeah they'd care only far less than they did about CD1. Why do people like you take the word "nobody" so literally when people say nobody cares rather than just accept the true meaning of what's being said. Of course 8-10 people care but in the grand scheme of things nobody gives a fuck about CD2.

• Like 3

I'm interested in the unreleased Axl material because I'd love to hear all the music he has to offer. However, as more members continue to leave and new music seems less and less likely, there's no way I'd pass up a reunion. It's the most logical step at this point for both image and business.

I'd be fine with Frank sticking around but I think it'd be cool to have Matt do the Illusions songs and Adler do the Appetite stuff. If Izzy isn't on board then Richard and Gilby are both fine choices. Richard has paid his dues so it'd be cool to see him up there with Slash.

Edited by James Bond

Nobody should worry about CD2, it's already been recorded, it can be released in 5 or 10 years, it doesn't matter, it'll always sound the same. But reunion must be done as soon as possible because nobody is getting younger...... If they wait too much, it'll be too late for the reunion, they'll be too old !! That's why all the GNR fans should support the reunion.

Edited by My Name is Trinity
  • Like 1

Or maybe Axl lied about another album being recorded? I mean, the guy is not very reliable and every interview he does looks more like saving face than sharing interesting info. I'm 99% sure a reunion wouldn't delay or cancel another Axl album simply because he would never finish and release it anyway. I just hope people don't blame an eventual reunion for not hearing masterpieces like integrity The General, complex Atlas Shrugged, evolution of the gnr sound Jackie Chan, etc..

Did Fortus say that something "phenomenal" will happen in 2016 with GNR in this interview?

Thanx! Its obvious, something is happening. Dont think there will be a new record yet, but axl, slash, duff, fortus....3 guitar players? izzy? Frank?

I can't see it working with Frank.. I know some people here like him but he sure butchers those classic songs. If they do it why not just do it right and go with the Appetite Line up.. Axl can keep the current band together as his solo band.

Not a huge fan of Frank neither. Just having a feeling it might be a mix of old and "new". And of course Dizzy...

If it has to be, this would work for me I guess but I certainly wouldn't consider it Guns N' Roses

Axl

Slash

Duff

Fortus

Brent Fitz

Dizzy

The ultimate dream for most is the Appetite line up though.

Just gotta have these 4 or it just doesn't seem right.

Axl

Slash

Duff

Izzy... If everyone else was on board, maybe he would just give it a shot

Steven... He seems to be doing better right now. He is on tour, he can still play. I can see why they might pass but it sure would be great.

Id prefer Brent over Frank

Brent is solid but he isn't as fluid and groovy as Frank. Both great drummers.

I'm also interested on the unreleased material that Slash worked in 95/96 before leaving GN'R; he reported by that time that he had recorded several songs / hours . Axl reported that the jams with Zakk Wylde had some of the greatest guitar playing he had ever heard from Slash.

• Like 1

Nobody outside the forums care about CD 2.

That's such an unintelligent thing to say. People outside the forum "don't care about CD 2" because they don't know anything about it, but if GN'R were to release another record, people would show that "they care" by buying it, just like people tend to buy music from bands they like.

hahaha! yeah they'd care only far less than they did about CD1. Why do people like you take the word "nobody" so literally when people say nobody cares rather than just accept the true meaning of what's being said. Of course 8-10 people care but in the grand scheme of things nobody gives a fuck about CD2.

In the grand scheme of things it is completely irrelevant to what we are discussing how many people will end up buying CD2, or how many are now eagerly awaiting that record. So instead of responding to such an inane and irrelevant statement, it is much more entertaining to take what they say at face value and point out how wrong they are.

Nobody should worry about CD2, it's already been recorded, it can be released in 5 or 10 years, it doesn't matter, it'll always sound the same. But reunion must be done as soon as possible because nobody is getting younger...... If they wait too much, it'll be too late for the reunion, they'll be too old !! That's why all the GNR fans should support the reunion.

I would much rather have the current lineup (whatever that will be) release NEW music and tour that when it is fresh, than seeing the AFD or UYI lineup yet again tour old material. And I say this as a GN'R fan who primarily like AFD and think that CD was mediocre.

Or maybe Axl lied about another album being recorded?

You don't record albums, you record songs which you later piece together into records. We KNOW additional songs have been recorded, and it should be sufficient to a new record. But whether those songs are in a complete state, is harder to say, because band members have said different things.

You guys act like you seen an ex- couple which had a really bad divorce 20 years ago, with many law suits and regretable things said/done during these 20 years and that are now in good terms... and you see it as if they're getting married again.... ?!?!?

Edited by Klay

if axl was confident and believed in the music he wrote with his nu-band, it would already have been released. the last years have proven that nugnr has run its course. it's time to start something new with the guys who made the gnr name relevant.

Edited by Mao5
  • Like 1

I would much rather have the current lineup (whatever that will be) release NEW music and tour that when it is fresh, than seeing the AFD or UYI lineup yet again tour old material.

if you prefer the "current line-up" of axl's backing band rather than guns n'roses coming back, what can i say ? you're not a gnr fan, dude.

I would much rather have the current lineup (whatever that will be) release NEW music and tour that when it is fresh, than seeing the AFD or UYI lineup yet again tour old material.

if you prefer the "current line-up" of axl's backing band rather than guns n'roses coming back, what can i say ? you're not a gnr fan, dude.

Let me try it again and see if you get it this time: I would much rather have the current band release new music and tour it, than a reunion of the AFD or UYI lineups tour without releasing new music. That is not the same as preferring the current band over the old band. I would nothing more than the ability to travel back in time and actually see the old band play, say back in 1987. But listen to these guys emulate their youth by playing the same ol' songs out of context to kids just to get even more money? Nah, then I would much rather hear NEW and FRESH music from the current band.