Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

So who called who? Did Axl call Slash? Did Slash call Axl?

Even if they have talked it doesn't mean they would ever reunite for GNR.

Another interview that proves nothing and verifies nothing.

So sick of all this bullshit.

Focus on your kids and grandkids. No need to get so worked up over whether or not two rock stars are hanging out.

There is no "bullsh*t" either

Slash said they settled some of their disagreements. And that he hadn't talked to Axl in a long time. End of story. Everything u are reading on here is weird fan speculation.

• Like 1

Before I, or anybody for that matter, should get any hopes up, I'd like to know the following:

-Did they speak directly?

-If so, how? E-mail? Texts? Phone calls? FaceTime? In person? All the above? Some of the above?

-How long exactly have they been talking? Specifically, how long have they been talking *directly* (if at all)?

Until we know at least most of these answers, this is all just one big cock tease better left brushed off for now. For the love of Christ, somebody who knows somebody find something out asap. These cloudy parts need some sunshine, ffs! :lol:

Exactly right. There are no details and therefore it's all just speculation (one big cock tease as you put it).

That said, may as well be positive about it happening because things are sure pointing in that direction. And if we are wrong then what have we lost? Nothing. But ain't it just crazy how reunion went from impossible to, I'm going to say likely, in such a short span of time? I wonder what all those fans who said it was never going to happen think now. There's always a chance...to be so sure about what other people are going to do years later is/was just silly.

I say do the reunion right...

Axl

Slash

Duff

Izzy (at least part of the time)

Gilby (when Izzy ain't around)

Steve/Matt (work them both in)

Don't really care about anyone else.

But now I'm gonna be pessimistic. GN'R was always destined to implode and they will again if this reunion gets going. Just a matter of time. Hopefully they crank out one decent tour and an album before the inevitable dischord turns it all to shit.

Edited by KBear

They can't do a reunion tour without Adler. It's too cruel.

I guess Fortus could cover Izzy.

but this is what Axl said that only Slash and Duff are capable. There still be some ultra die hards wanting a real reunion but at some point you have to let it go.

but this is what Axl said that only Slash and Duff are capable. There still be some ultra die hards wanting a real reunion but at some point you have to let it go.

i agree if they do a reunion i want the original members...its only right

• Like 1

Susan has been posting pics regarding the shows duff has been doing

Duff Mckagan - guns n roses

Well that's interesting... :)

goddam it susan :lol:

even tho i love izzy to death, id take fortus over him any day for now

Izzy will do it. I'm ready to bet he's the one who's been working several years behind the scenes to make it happen.

Didn't he say it in a interview a while back that he'd be up for a afd reunion
  • Like 2

Izzy did say he would like to be involved in a reunion if there was one, but he's also known to be unreliable and hasnt toured as much as Slash or Duff did with VR. So youd expect him to be but then he might not, then over to Fortus. Maybe same with Adler, with Ferrer waiting as cover.

Both Izzy and Duff have played with Fortus and Ferrer in GNR. So Slash would just be coming in place of Ron.

We could view the Izzy and Duff guest apoearances are laying the ground work for Slash to rejoin.

• Like 1

I think it will happen eventually, now that they're all on civil terms again. Somebody like Coachella or Rock In Rio will offer them a fuckload of money to reunite for a performance, and the promoter floodgates will open to a sea of money. A Gn'R tour with the classic lineup could bring in U2 and Rolling Stones-level tour profits.

• Like 1

So who called who? Did Axl call Slash? Did Slash call Axl?

Even if they have talked it doesn't mean they would ever reunite for GNR.

Another interview that proves nothing and verifies nothing.

So sick of all this bullshit.

Focus on your kids and grandkids. No need to get so worked up over whether or not two rock stars are hanging out.

There is no "bullsh*t" either

Slash said they settled some of their disagreements. And that he hadn't talked to Axl in a long time. End of story. Everything u are reading on here is weird fan speculation.

Exactly this. Don't know where all the other speculation is coming from.

I think it will happen eventually, now that they're all on civil terms again. Somebody like Coachella or Rock In Rio will offer them a fuckload of money to reunite for a performance, and the promoter floodgates will open to a sea of money. A Gn'R tour with the classic lineup could bring in U2 and Rolling Stones-level tour profits.

Exactly. I'd like to see them even if they only did it for the money. They would still be the real deal.

I doubt they would all mesh well creatively anymore.

Musical chemistry at that level is a powerful thing. Judging by their output since old Guns has died, their musical interests remain largely the same.

I think they have the potential to cook something up that won't stink.

It's just what do they sing about?

They write exciting rock n roll but with lyrics with a realness. They dont live that lifestyle, probably too mature to be misognistic lyrics, don't have the feud to complain about...supposedly no one wants to hear Axl whine about chicks. They can play mature, well composed rock with lyrics about having been there done that, know that better than everyone.

Thats why I think going with some Axl material hes been working on for 10 years isnt a bad idea.

The Faith No More reunion record is good model does have similar themes, but it's softer and more classy. Rock or Bust is like that too, listenable not too metalistic. Understated. But is that GNR?

I think Axl can find new and interesting themes to talk about. Catcher is that for me. Here's a song you can imagine Slash on for example and it's something different compared to what they did before lyrically.

I don't see it as a problem, if it's something Axl is passionate about, and Slash does his thing with the rest of them, theoretically that can create a good Guns song.

Shackler's also has a different theme lyrically.

This is AMAZING and the BEST news. It's so good that Axl has allowed himself to take the first step of letting go of the resentment and anger. All that matters is their FRIENDSHIP. If a reunion happens, I hope it happens for the right reasons. They deserve to enjoy playing together again and rocking the stage again, a lot more than being handed a paycheck.

Suddenly the Guns N' Roses story may have a happy ending after all.

:axl::slash::duff::izzy:

I'm glad that they are speaking again. After all they shared some amazing times when they were young and have left the music world with some wonderful music, however I just can't see a reunion happening as I can't see Slash playing in a band where Axl is the boss and who owns the name plus they are both different from when they were young guys starting out.

What reunion?

It's funny how Slash responds to a simple question with a simple answer and everybody extrapolates it into a reunion ongoing an everything else.

All this means is that they're being amicable in business and they're not an obstacle anymore for the other; that's why GN'R and Slash released recent DVDs with GN'R music. Slash means they're cool now; but they're not best friends anymore and even less there's any plans to do stuff together (altough it doesn't means they'll never reunite, but right now it's far from that).

• Like 1

Axl

Slash

Duff

Matt / Steven

Izzy / Gilby / Richard

Dizzy

That's it. Those are the only people who should be involved if they reunite. Take you pick of drummer and rythem player but aside from that nobody in nuGnR is needed or wanted. Frank? Please. Pitman? Fuck no.

What reunion?

It's funny how Slash responds to a simple question with a simple answer and everybody extrapolates it into a reunion ongoing an everything else.

All this means is that they're being amicable in business and they're not an obstacle anymore for the other; that's why GN'R and Slash released recent DVDs with GN'R music. Slash means they're cool now; but they're not best friends anymore and even less there's any plans to do stuff together (altough it doesn't means they'll never reunite, but right now it's far from that).

Really? You tell everyone ese to stop speculating on what it means and then tell us as a matter of fact what it means? That it's only them being amicable in buisiness. Please do tell how YOU have the inside scoop on what all this means. Connect the dots and there's more reason to believe a reunion is inevitable than not. It's nuts how some of you are s desperate to keep your heads burried in the sand.

• Like 3

Connect the dots and there's more reason to believe a reunion is inevitable than not.

It seems things are better between them, and if true, that's great, but I think it's a little too early to make bold claims. A reunion is not inevitable. There are a lot of things that need to happen in order to make it a reality and we don't even know anything.

We don't know if Slash even talked directly to Axl, and you're saying it's inevitable. Axl is not getting any younger, and both sides did not comment on it yet.

I think it's logical to just wait and see, but even if they buried the hatchet, that still doesn't mean a reunion is gonna happen. You can't be sure it's inevitable.

But it's a good sign and a step in the right direction.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2