Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

Wow most of you are jumping to conclusion on a new album, reunion tours etc etc.

Both of them Axl and Slash are adults, We don't even know if they even actually talked, I still think that interview is some how edited, I really doubt they talked and tbh I don't see a reunion happening anytime soon. If it happens then it would be amazing, but don't have your hopes up too high.

Axl

Slash

Duff

Richard

Dizzy

Pitman

Frank

Any reunion should include Steven and/or Matt. Any additional musicians are fine. If it was up to me, bring the girls from UYI tour as well.

I don't see Sorum as anything important to Guns Legacy. I'd rather see Frank than him. Of course Adler if he could handle it.

Anyhow, if it's going to happen, the line-up above is it.

Frank and Pitman would be the last people I would like to see in any kind of reunion.

Axl

Slash

Duff

Richard

Dizzy

Pitman

Frank

Any reunion should include Steven and/or Matt. Any additional musicians are fine. If it was up to me, bring the girls from UYI tour as well.

I don't see Sorum as anything important to Guns Legacy. I'd rather see Frank than him. Of course Adler if he could handle it.

Are you kidding me? Do you know about this album called Use Your illusions by a band called Guns N' Roses?

• Like 1

Frank and Pitman would be the last people I would like to see in any kind of reunion.

Axl

Slash

Duff

Richard

Dizzy

Pitman

Frank

Are you kidding me? Do you know about this album called Use Your illusions by a band called Guns N' Roses?

I don't think Sorum was responsible for making those epic songs.

Axl

Slash

Duff

Richard

Dizzy

Pitman

Frank

I don't think Sorum was responsible for making those epic songs.

and Frank was responsible for making any epic song? Frank just re recorded the title track and just Re Recorded bits and pieces on a few songs. He din't even play on the full album which was delayed for more than 14 years.

And if you are talking about a reunion then it should only have

Axl

Slash

Izzy

Duff

Steven

If Izzy bails out then call Gilby and Matt can play songs the illusion songs

Because these people make GUNS N' ROSES and they are GUNS N' ROSES and the only one's to be called GUNS N' ROSES.

A Bald bearded drummer, an Emo Guitarist, A Wanking Shredder, A guy on a wobbling keyboard IS NOT GUNS N' ROSES.

• Like 4

The dynamics would still be there. Slash is pretty prolific writing tunes and guitar parts with The Conspirators just now. Add an Axl overlay of quality control and you've got a winner. By the same token, Slash and Duff would probably present ideas that would inspire Axl musically and lyrically and things could move forward

Yeah, Slash had never had a problem coming up with killer bluesy hard rock riffs that are sleazy. That alone is still, I believe, something that can be of value to Axl.

And when he puts some time into his leads or solos, or not and just inspired by Axl's vocals which he said were great on Chinese, it could work.

And if you are talking about a reunion then it should only have

Axl

Slash

Izzy

Duff

Steven

If Izzy bails out then call Gilby and Matt can play songs the illusion songs

Because these people make GUNS N' ROSES and they are GUNS N' ROSES and the only one's to be called GUNS N' ROSES.

A Bald bearded drummer, an Emo Guitarist, A Wanking Shredder, A guy on a wobbling keyboard IS NOT GUNS N' ROSES.

No you're right, because they left dude. They gone.

• Like 1

The problem still is (and always has been) Axl.

From the very first days of GNR, Axl was the weak link in terms of reliability and teamwork.

I simply cannot fathom axl buckling down and collaborating with anyone ever again. He hasn't done the "lets all get together in the same room and create music" thing since perhaps AFD.

He's on a different planet. And ever since he became financially independent, he's had no reason to make compromises.

Why compromise artistically and financially with Slash and Duff when instead he can just hire some nobodies and go on tour? Sure, the overall money may be less, but he has complete and utter control.

So, while yes, I am very excited that Slash and Axl have spoken, I think all this reunion talk is insane. Not to mention the cockamamie scenarios some of you are touting (Slash playing some ChiDem songs, Axl playing some VR songs, Izzy back on tour, etc).

• Like 3

I think it would be better if Axl hit the stage and do a song or two with Kings of Chaos with Slash and Duff. But I don't see Slash playing under the Guns N' Roses name anytime soon.

Then people would say KOC's more GN'R than nuGNR, which I agree with... but I don't think Axl is up to that

The problem still is (and always has been) Axl.

From the very first days of GNR, Axl was the weak link in terms of reliability and teamwork.

I simply cannot fathom axl buckling down and collaborating with anyone ever again. He hasn't done the "lets all get together in the same room and create music" thing since perhaps AFD.

He's on a different planet. And ever since he became financially independent, he's had no reason to make compromises.

Why compromise artistically and financially with Slash and Duff when instead he can just hire some nobodies and go on tour? Sure, the overall money may be less, but he has complete and utter control.

So, while yes, I am very excited that Slash and Axl have spoken, I think all this reunion talk is insane. Not to mention the cockamamie scenarios some of you are touting (Slash playing some ChiDem songs, Axl playing some VR songs, Izzy back on tour, etc).

Great post. Sums up my thoughts as well. Some people say Axl isn't motivated by money. I'd say he's mainly motivated by money and control. He wants to make easy money but under his own terms. That's why he created a solo project called Guns N' Roses and not another name, it wouldn't make him the same money and it wouldn't give him the satisfaction of controlling every piece of the music created.

I've said this before but I simply can't see Axl jamming with Tommy, Chris and the other employees and then going out for a beer to celebrate a great night. He doesn't have fun making music, he's not interested in sharing a room with other musicians to make a song. That's why CD is a soulless, bland, artifficial record.

The rest of real Guns is the complete opposite. They didn't want to wait for Axl to show up at 7AM back then. Not sure if they want that now.

I don't discard the current day GnR members, I think they do a great job of playing the material and I liked what came out on CD. They are top players (all apart from DJ and Robin). I think that if Axl and Slash got together I would be happy to see some of the new guys up there with them. Even with Slash and Axl reuniting you'd never please everyone. It doesn't have to be Frank on drums but I think he's a proven, solid drummer so I don't see the issue with him playing the set. As for Pitman, I see no place for him on a guns n roses tour with Slash. I can see Slash agreeing to a similar line up to UYI but his style hasn't changed over the years and I think he still hates synths. Pitman doesn't add that much to the overall sound, so if he was or wasn't in the band the difference would be very subtle.

Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, Richard and Frank (if the combo of Steven and Matt is not possible).

Once again to establish the point that we're dealing with one interview, and a whole lot of speculation. We're best filing most of this under rumor / fantasy territory until we have something a bit more solid.

If there is a reunion i would love to know how they make work this problems....

1.Axl going to reharsal,i doubt Slash,Duff,Izzy and Steven would accept Axl not going to any reharshal for a year,like new gnr before RIR 2011

2.If they record an album,how will they manage Axl arriving at studio at 300am

3.Axl singing from 2011-2014,that is important,but as we have seen during South american tour with Duff,he said Axl voice was so ON,and he was horrible so......

• Like 1

This is not going to be a popular post. You know how all from this forum, well most, say nobody outside the forum care for Ron or DJ. That everyone goes to see Axl. I think the same when it goes to Steven being the drummer. If Slash was back in GNR, and Steven wasn't, I hardly think the general public would care.I wouldn't! The media would go crazy and still call it a reunion. The tickets would be selling like hot cakes. I just want new music and a good tour. I am not a fan of Steven, and wouldn't want him back in the band. Some people might say , Axl, Izzy, Duff, Slash, Dizzy, and Frank. ..Frank! Again, the general public wouldn't make a big deal about it.

• Like 1

They can reach a compromise about rehearsals and other stuff, I'm not worried about that kind of details. This is too big not to happen.

If they want to do it, they'll do it. It's not just about the money (big factor), it's also about proving that GNR can still be relevant nowadays and play in the same league as U2 or other huge bands.