Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

It would inspire a lot of fans if indeed Axl and Slash could find a way to overcome this ugly feud, even tough if none of them fells guilty about what happened / was said and done. Live & Let Live.

• Like 2

^^^

thing change Klay. Even for Axl, especially when he'll be 60 in not too long from now, and he's lost 2 guitar players. I hope his hatred for Slash and how bitter he was is not something he'll hold onto for his rest of his life.

Having said that, Axl is unpredictable and by his own admission he doesn't forget. But maybe he can forgive. Even Slash.

And if he's able to do that, that makes a reunion at least possible, if not likely.

Isnt that what Stay of Execution letter to Indo prez was about? Okay they made a mistake but do you really have to execute them.

Remember it's never too late.

But like you said, life's running out. I remember Sorum saying about a reunion: "what? when we're 60?" pointing to how pathetic it could potentially be. There's a window of about 5 years to make it decent imo. In 2016 Slash needs to conspire first before he's available and that's in the condition Axl is capable of accepting him back in the band.

Edited by Rovim

Didn't Axl / Dexter said a few years ago that based on what the original members have released since they left GN'R, the only reunion that could ever be was him, Duff and Slash (excluding the others)?

That statement from Axl wasn't based on the released material of former bandmates, it was about touring the world.

^^^

thing change Klay. Even for Axl, especially when he'll be 60 in not too long from now, and he's lost 2 guitar players. I hope his hatred for Slash and how bitter he was is not something he'll hold onto for his rest of his life.

Having said that, Axl is unpredictable and by his own admission he doesn't forget. But maybe he can forgive. Even Slash.

And if he's able to do that, that makes a reunion at least possible, if not likely.

Isnt that what Stay of Execution letter to Indo prez was about? Okay they made a mistake but do you really have to execute them.

But like you said, life's running out. I remember Sorum saying about a reunion: "what? when we're 60?" pointing to how pathetic it could potentially be. There's a window of about 5 years to make it decent imo. In 2016 Slash needs to conspire first before he's available and that's in the condition Axl is capable of accepting him back to the band.

The thing about getting back together at 60 is that you will just look a bit silly. You have to explain why etc.

They can get a solid 2-3 tour in, end everything on a high.

Axl might just unveil some other material he has stashed away and Slash uses the Conspirators material for GNR. Izzy will have material. So by the end of a tour they could be ready to record.

GNR self titled album.

^^^

But like you said, life's running out. I remember Sorum saying about a reunion: "what? when we're 60?" pointing to how pathetic it could potentially be. There's a window of about 5 years to make it decent imo. In 2016 Slash needs to conspire first before he's available and that's in the condition Axl is capable of accepting him back to the band.

The thing about getting back together at 60 is that you will just look a bit silly. You have to explain why etc.

Axl might just unveil some other material he has stashed away and Slash uses the Conspirators material for GNR. Izzy will have material. So by the end of a tour they could be ready to record.

GNR self titled album.

And by the time Axl is 70 years old, he'll seriously look into a release of that self titled album.

Slash will use the Conspirators material for Conspirators lll. He will tour that album with the Conspirators. That I'm pretty sure of.

I think a better way will be to just let Slash and Duff listen to everything in the vault and see what they like, can relate to, and improve and then release that and tour.

Fortus said Axl has 3 albums of recorded material, so Axl can release CD ll, and the rest of the material with Slash, Duff, and Izzy.

I don't actually believe any of this will happen except the release and tour of CD ll.

Edited by Rovim

touring with the conspirators or releasing cd2 can be considered by many as a waste of time when you could be touring the world with a reunited GNR which is what the masses really want.

but hey, they're free to waste their time. (i won't waste mine buying cd2 or attending a conspirators show, since i couldn't care less about lame solo projects that are going nowhere)

Edited by supercool
  • Like 1

"Heres what I miss about old Guns the most, Roses says before brushing off ideas of a reunion. In the very beginning, you had three people on the same page for a short period looking out for the best interest of that band and its goals I had two other guys I could rely on. I dont necessarily have that now because it is more my thing, but I do ask everyones opinion about everything". (2012)

He also said they bullied him in this interview. But more important is Axl might not be afraid to relinquish some power if it comes down to a reunion.

Edited by IncitingChaos

Frank and Pitman would be the last people I would like to see in any kind of reunion.

Axl

Slash

Duff

Richard

Dizzy

Pitman

Frank

Any reunion should include Steven and/or Matt. Any additional musicians are fine. If it was up to me, bring the girls from UYI tour as well.

I don't see Sorum as anything important to Guns Legacy. I'd rather see Frank than him. Of course Adler if he could handle it.

Anyhow, if it's going to happen, the line-up above is it.

Are you kidding me? Do you know about this album called Use Your illusions by a band called Guns N' Roses?

I don't think Sorum was responsible for making those epic songs.

and Frank was responsible for making any epic song? Frank just re recorded the title track and just Re Recorded bits and pieces on a few songs. He din't even play on the full album which was delayed for more than 14 years.

I just don't find anything exciting about Sorum so I'm fine with Frank to keep on...

Frank and Pitman would be the last people I would like to see in any kind of reunion.

Axl

Slash

Duff

Richard

Dizzy

Pitman

Frank

Any reunion should include Steven and/or Matt. Any additional musicians are fine. If it was up to me, bring the girls from UYI tour as well.

I don't see Sorum as anything important to Guns Legacy. I'd rather see Frank than him. Of course Adler if he could handle it.

Are you kidding me? Do you know about this album called Use Your illusions by a band called Guns N' Roses?

and Frank was responsible for making any epic song? Frank just re recorded the title track and just Re Recorded bits and pieces on a few songs. He din't even play on the full album which was delayed for more than 14 years.

I just don't find anything exciting about Sorum so I'm fine with Frank to keep on...

Then you can't call it a reunion.

Axl

Slash

Duff

Richard

Dizzy

Pitman

Frank

Then you can't call it a reunion.

A Duff, Axl, Slash reunion... Don't care if it's a reunion full out or not. That's just the most realistic line-up that may somehow possibly happen.

^^^

GNR self titled album.

And by the time Axl is 70 years old, he'll seriously look into a release of that self titled album.

Slash will use the Conspirators material for Conspirators lll. He will tour that album with the Conspirators. That I'm pretty sure of.

I think a better way will be to just let Slash and Duff listen to everything in the vault and see what they like, can relate to, and improve and then release that and tour.

Fortus said Axl has 3 albums of recorded material, so Axl can release CD ll, and the rest of the material with Slash, Duff, and Izzy.

I don't actually believe any of this will happen except the release and tour of CD ll.

Of course but I can take danger.

maybe they can go over the old 94-96 demos and make new songs out of that as well..

Didn't Slash's bio say something about listening to some stuff Izzy came up with that could have led to some of the best Guns music? Maybe they could explore some of that stuff as well

There's so many options for them to pull material from for a new album. I wonder if it would be worth considering a double album? A tight 12-track solo album would be awesome, but between all the seperate music and ideas reunion members must have after all thjese years (plus anything new they come up with together) makes me feel like a double-album isn't a dumb idea.

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma
  • Like 1