Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

1985-89 line-up with Dizzy added. Replace Adler with Sorum if Adler is too much a liability. Replace Izzy with Gilby if Izzy does not want to do it. New gnr members should not be allowed near a reunion, unless it is to shine Slash's shoes.

AKA the UYI line up

Edited by gnr5

1985-89 line-up with Dizzy added. Replace Adler with Sorum if Adler is too much a liability. Replace Izzy with Gilby if Izzy does not want to do it. New gnr members should not be allowed near a reunion, unless it is to shine Slash's shoes.

Exactly. Nothing more to say.

Please stop throwing names around! If we are talking about a reunion there are only five names that matter Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Adler. Then eventually there could be room for Sorum or Gilby or Dizzy and that´s about it. NuGN´R + Slash +Tracii Guns + Dave Kushner is not the same as a reunion.

• Like 1

Funny how some guys here wouldn't be happy with just slash n duff rejoining the band! You'd have, along with dizzy, pretty much the use your illusion lineup there. Btw if some of you think axl will not have dizzy on board... Well you're just wrong.

AKA the UYI line up

Yes but how long was Dizzy in the band along with Adler? Few months in early-mid 1990 maybe, when they were recording Civil War? That is why I said the Appetite band 'with Dizzy' - for my first preference.

AKA the UYI line up

Yes but how long was Dizzy in the band along with Adler? Few months in early-mid 1990 maybe, when they were recording Civil War? That is why I said the Appetite band 'with Dizzy' - for my first preference.

Dizzy's relevance/need in GnR is about the same as mine. However I get it- he was around during the hey day and I'm fine with him being in the reunited GnR. Completely worthless, but it is what it is.

Dizzy is going to be there regardless if it ever happened unfortunately. There is a place for him on some songs but for the most part I don't feel he is needed.. If they do November Rain, Axl can handle the Piano. Nothing worse than useless keyboards added to Appetite songs.

AKA the UYI line up

Dizzy's relevance/need in GnR is about the same as mine. However I get it- he was around during the hey day and I'm fine with him being in the reunited GnR. Completely worthless, but it is what it is.

I have never liked him much either but it seems you are going to need a pianist for the Illusion ballads, e.g. 'Estranged', so either you reform a basic (Appetite?) five-piece and hire a backing musician such Teddy Andreadis; reform a five piece and devalue Dizzy's band status to a 'backing musician'; or, retain Dizzy as a 'sixth' member. The former solution would require another superfluous musician. The second seems somewhat petty and mean-spirited. The third seems the best decision.

• Like 1

AKA the UYI line up

I have never liked him much either but it seems you are going to need a pianist for the Illusion ballads, e.g. 'Estranged', so either you reform a basic (Appetite?) five-piece and hire a backing musician such Teddy Andreadis; reform a five piece and devalue Dizzy's band status to a 'backing musician'; or, retain Dizzy as a 'sixth' member. The former solution would require another superfluous musician. The second seems somewhat petty and mean-spirited. The third seems the best decision.

Yes of course you'd need someone (Dizzy OR Teddy) for a few songs. However no need to be up there FT doing whatever for the other 75% of the show.

• Like 2

AKA the UYI line up

Dizzy joined February 90, Adler was sacked July 90.

If it's not a tight, complete Appetite reunion with Izzy and Steven, then I don't see how you could not include Dizzy.

I say this as a guy who really doesn't like his contributions to UYI haha, or his subsequent bongo bullshit on tour. He's been loyal as fuck to Axl so I think that'd be a pretty stone cold move.

It won't matter if Dizzy is there or not, but he is the only member from the NuGNR who I want to be there cause If they play Locomotive then I want to hear that awesome piano outro.

Frank and Pitman would be the last people I would want to see in a reunion, really man when you have Steven and Matt, then who the hell needs Frank?

Just watch videos of Adlers Appetite or Adler from the past few years, Steven is still awesome on the drums.

Matt style of playing has also gotten better.

• Like 2

LMAO @shining Slash's shoes. You are gonna make some kids on here very upset. That shining shoes quote will soon be my new signature. Thanks!

• Like 1

:rofl-lol:

Agreed.

Actually Sorum shouldn't be allowed near a gnr reunion. Having him stop the show and giving an Animal Supremacy speech when he sees someone wearing a leather jacket. Adler backed up by Brian or Frank in case he falls off the wagon or cliff.

Yeah could care less about Sorum either...But I would take him over Frank.. I have just never heard anyone butcher the drums on songs so bad.. That Brain dude seemed good.. I really think Brent Fitz would mesh well with the band..

As far as the drummer goes bit is really up to the band and shouldn't matter as much to the singer..

Axl would still have his boy Dizzy there to balance shit out.. I assume Axl and Duff are good friend again too. Him and Izzy are fine.. Whatever ever is going on between Slash and Axl is probably new and fragile but if they all decided to do it, it means that they all feel comfortable enough with each other to do it again.

I don't really care who is in guns n roses.

I just want to hear lots of new music with Axl rose's voice on it.

Somebody proposed the idea of a double album and that sounds perfect to me.

One album of original material from the reunion band. Then the second being a compilation of material from all the guys. Axl singing on Slash's four best solo songs. Slash playing guitar on Atlas and Soulmonster.