Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

I remember those funny GNR cartoons.

I kind of picture it going on like this:

TB leaves the house, Axl is all alone.

Slash is hungry and picks up the phone to order a pizza. The phone is ringing and ringing.

Axl's phone starts ringing, he looks at the caller ID to see who it is. Axl's mind says, "It is him. He is calling to torment you."

Slash is complaining about how long the phone is ringing.

Axl is looking at the phone, "I will not stand for this." Axl picks up the phone and starts yelling.

Slash realizes it is the wrong number and says. "sorry wrong number." then hangs up.

Axl hears, "Sorry, I was wrong."

Axl calls him back, "Thanks him for the apology."

Slash sheepishly says, "Yeah, ummmm yeah, It was over due."

TB walks in, and notices it was Slash on the phone. TB cuts the phone cord.

(Note, this isn't anything but for entertainment purposes. I personally support TB, but like to have fun.)

Edited by Randy Jesus
  • Like 2

Anyway... No dizzy= no estranged, no pitman= no november rain. They wont just play with backup sequences

yeah cause they could never play November Rain before Pitman joined the group. Thank god he joined so we were finally able to hear November Rain live.

They had teddy zig zag. They always needed at least one otherkeyboard to play november rain, and dizzy to play uyi songs. You guys can masturbate all you want on the appetite lineup, gnr still needs keyboards to fulfill illusions.

If a reunion only includes afd lineup and botch lots of songs, then they shouldnt do it at all. My point is, dizzy has been in gnr for 25 years. Axl will not sack him to play with a guys like adler who's been a part of gnrfor 3 years.

man Adler doesn't get enough credit on here

i mean he only helped form one of the the greatest albums in history...thats nothing too much

But.... but... but Dizzy has been int he band for 25 years man!! 25 years!

Fuck that shit. Dizzy was in GnR from 1991-1994 and he's completely irrlevant to the legacy of GnR

• Like 1

I remember those funny GNR cartoons.

I kind of picture it going on like this:

TB leaves the house, Axl is all alone.

Slash is hungry and picks up the phone to order a pizza. The phone is ringing and ringing.

Axl's phone starts ringing, he looks at the caller ID to see who it is. Axl's mind says, "It is him. He is calling to torment you."

Slash is complaining about how long the phone is ringing.

Axl is looking at the phone, "I will not stand for this." Axl picks up the phone and starts yelling.

Slash realizes it is the wrong number and says. "sorry wrong number." then hangs up.

Axl hears, "Sorry, I was wrong."

Axl calls him back, "Thanks him for the apology."

Slash sheepishly says, "Yeah, ummmm yeah, It was over due."

TB walks in, and notices it was Slash on the phone. TB cuts the phone cord.

(Note, this isn't anything but for entertainment purposes. I personally support TB, but like to have fun.)[/quote

Word.

• Like 1

Anyway... No dizzy= no estranged, no pitman= no november rain. They wont just play with backup sequences

yeah cause they could never play November Rain before Pitman joined the group. Thank god he joined so we were finally able to hear November Rain live.
They had teddy zig zag. They always needed at least one otherkeyboard to play november rain, and dizzy to play uyi songs. You guys can masturbate all you want on the appetite lineup, gnr still needs keyboards to fulfill illusions.

If a reunion only includes afd lineup and botch lots of songs, then they shouldnt do it at all. My point is, dizzy has been in gnr for 25 years. Axl will not sack him to play with a guys like adler who's been a part of gnrfor 3 years.

man Adler doesn't get enough credit on here

i mean he only helped form one of the the greatest albums in history...thats nothing too much

But.... but... but Dizzy has been int he band for 25 years man!! 25 years!

Fuck that shit. Dizzy was in GnR from 1991-1994 and he's completely irrlevant to the legacy of GnR

Alright... Then fire him, you still need one keyboard to pull it off like it sounds on the record. Thats all im saying.

People are setting themselves up for disappointment by getting caught in this reunion whirlwind.

It probably will happen some day. It may happen soon. I think it's more likely to take a while. All Slash did was say they had begun speaking again... He's still busy with Myles (recording/prepping a tour) and there's no indication Axl has immediate plans to get back on the road in any capacity.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, just to temper unrealistic expectations.

• Like 4

Isn't Slash working on a solo album right now?

And Axl says he has two finished albums.

What makes the most sense is that each guy does their own thing in 2016.

If there is a reunion then the guys get together in 2017 and start working in it.

So an album and tour in 2018.

If there is a reunion, that's the most likely time line. In my opinion.

Dizzy isn't going anywhere :lol: he's been one of Axl's main Yes Men for decades

Maybe. Although loyality wise he has served his time as good as anybody else in the history of the band even if you think his worth is of little value, excellent piano/keyboard player and he's probably come up with song structures via the piano/keyboard. He never took his ball home if he didn't get his own way and blamed axl for being late and turned to drugs because of that (I read that earlier in the thread regarding axl's lateness it made Slash & Duff turn to drugs to deal with it, I had to LOL at that.

People are setting themselves up for disappointment by getting caught in this reunion whirlwind.

It probably will happen some day. It may happen soon. I think it's more likely to take a while. All Slash did was say they had begun speaking again... He's still busy with Myles (recording/prepping a tour) and there's no indication Axl has immediate plans to get back on the road in any capacity.

period.

• Like 1

period.

anyway, a reunion would be really nice, but at this point a new album would please me a little more.

Nope, your not slowing this thing down! We are full steam ahead. We were headed into the dark abyss with nothing to look forward to, people were getting disinterested in gnr, they were going off and enjoying their lives, but now they are right back here. People are starting to see the light. As gnr fans we can handle disappointment, and waiting 5 years is nothing! This show is going to be amazing. We should all thank Slash for saving gnr fans from what we thought was utter doom. Thanks Slash! You and Axl take your time.

Haha no of course you're right. The 2016-2017 people are crazy. I just don't think the special guest appearances are out of the question if these guys are friends. It's all really confusing, and may take a lot of time to sort out. The silence is weird to me. I'm sure we will get a clarification in the next interview that will damper the excitement. In the mean time atleast we have something to discuss, although it's the same discussion we've had for 10 plus years.

• Like 1

The fact that Axl and Slash are talking and are on civil terms can't be belittled in any way. It's something very important for those who love the original band, it's something many people thought would never happen. And it's happening.

It's awesome!

It probably will happen some day. It may happen soon. I ctions.

The silence is weird to me. I'm sure we will get a clarification in the next interview that will damper the excitement. In the mean time atleast we have something to discuss, although it's the same discussion we've had for 10 plus years.

Silence isn't weird, it's normal. These are the first steps towards what most people want. And it's not the same discussion we've had for 10+ years, something has changed : we know that Axl and Slash are talking. That's something some people have trouble to assimilate. :lol:

Edited by supercool
  • Like 1

I still think it's a possibility that all that's really happened is that the tension has eased between the camps, but the personal relationship is the same. Imagine Axl's reaction going online and seeing "Slash confirms he and Axl are friends again" if they haven't even spoken.

Del James wouldn't be wishing a happy birthday to Slash if there was something wrong between Axl and Slash. As Marc said, Del's message is very significant : http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/212386-slash-and-axl-talking/page-1

Edited by supercool

Man they really are old when they plan the reunion 4 years in advance. After your cousin's wedding, then we are going to Florida as a family, then it's your sisters graduation, then the relatives from back east want to plant trees in Idaho, then you can do a reunion with GNR but only if you don't cause a shitstorm on the internet. Oh, gee mom I love that so much!

I still think it's a possibility that all that's really happened is that the tension has eased between the camps, but the personal relationship is the same. Imagine Axl's reaction going online and seeing "Slash confirms he and Axl are friends again" if they haven't even spoken.

Del James wouldn't be wishing a happy birthday to Slash if there was something wrong between Axl and Slash. As Marc said, Del's message is very significant : http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/212386-slash-and-axl-talking/page-1

We really can't know for sure. Del only started a Twitter account in the last year, so we have no history to judge it by. It's also possible that the tension has eased between the camps without them actually speaking to each other.

• Like 2

Nah... Marc knows Del better than us even without the Twitter history. Then there is Duffs wife and the picture, she gave similar hints with Duff and Axl. Plus what Slash said. It must ne more than the easing off of tension...

• Like 1

If Axl & Slash are talking then the lure of the fantastic money, global interest and a chance to reclaim their seats at the head table of legendary elder-statesman bands must be unbearable to look away from.

This is their chance to get back to Metallica land in terms of scale, buzz etc.

Sure everybody is wary, butt hurt, older, fatter, wiser, more set in their ways, more tired and with loads more baggage... BUT what were Slash & Axl ever in this game for? To be as big as possible. On that matter they both agreed.

Here is their chance.

There is no bigger chance coming for these guys.

Its try to grasp this nettle and mount the greatest comeback in rock history or leave Axl to tour an even more watered-down GNR and play to fans who want the old band back even more; while Slash does very well touring but making less and less of an impact as an current, relevant artist as each album cycle rolls around and his sales continue to decline.

So, they may stay friends and do fuck all but that comeback elephant will haunt their dreams...

• Like 2

I cant believe some people seem to see this as something negative, or try to bring down the excitement of the rest.

Don't pay too much attention to them, they're bitter because they thought it would never happen.

A reunion? it was nice for a few days... now all is pointing to Slash getting in the way of a new version of GNR with new guitar players. If that is true it wont end well for Slash n Axl communicating/friendship and cd2/new band/new tour.