Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

Chinese Democracy is an Axl Rose solo album. He calls his solo project Guns N' Roses, just like Trent Reznor calls his Nine Inch Nails. Trent works with other musicians like Atticus Ross, Danny Lohner and Alessandro Cortini but they are by no means, members of a band, they were hired to help Trent with his records and play songs live. Same thing with Robin, Bucket, Tommy... Guns N' Roses was a band until mid 90s. It then became a solo effort with a revolving door of side musicians. Iron Maiden is a band, U2 is a band, GNR is not a band.

A band is nothing more than a group of musicians playing together. That's the definition. Don't let your own disappointment/dislike/diagreement lure you into redefining words just to make you feel better.

Always simplifying everything! lol

26.gif"Well actually...."

I love that band called Bruce Springsteen. They are a great band!

Yes, the E street band's got some great musicians. Too bad Clarence Clemonce recently passed away.

I don't think people like specific guitarists, or musicians in general, because of the volume of their output. Fact is that some fans just like Bucket more than Slash. Deal with it.

Fair enough if we are discussing Buckethead as a solo artist or Buckethead v Slash as solo artists, but as Guns N' Roses guitarists there is simply no quantifiably way Buckethead can compete with Slash.

You seem to labour under the misunderstanding that personal preferences are somehow quantifiable.

They rather are as you need some quantifiable extent and tangible product with which to develop your personal preference in the first place.

No, you don't :D You neither need to be able to quantify any component of the music you compare or be able to somehow hold it as a physical product, to develop personal preferences. You simply have to experience a larger amount of enjoyment from the notes one guitarist creates than another. And fact is that some fans thinks that what Buckets produced in GN'R was better than what Slash produced, even if Slash happens to have the largest output.

I have always thought you were just kidding with your inability to grasp the difference between what is objective and what is subjective, e.g. which guitarist has the quantifiably largest output (objective) and whish guitarist one may prefer to listen to (subjective), but I have now come to believe you actually don't understand these things. You don't get the concept of music and art enjoyment being subjective, and that hence some people might not like what you do. Astounding.

If you restrict the argument to songwriting contributions then for a fan to prefer Buckethead over Slash it would require that fan to collectively prefer Shackler's Revenge, Scraped and Sorry over,

Jungle

Nightrain

Paradise City

Sweet Child O' Mine

Rocket Queen

Coma

Civil War

Locomotive

etc (for a few ambiguous credits)

Guitar solos? Your the Guns trivia expert - you do the maths? Let me have a go: taking the number of original songs as a decent barometer for number of Slash solos, I would put that tentatively at around 50. How many does Buckethead have? 8 possibly? (I will leave it for you to count).

The statistical mismatch is simply too much.

Chinese Democracy is an Axl Rose solo album. He calls his solo project Guns N' Roses, just like Trent Reznor calls his Nine Inch Nails. Trent works with other musicians like Atticus Ross, Danny Lohner and Alessandro Cortini but they are by no means, members of a band, they were hired to help Trent with his records and play songs live. Same thing with Robin, Bucket, Tommy... Guns N' Roses was a band until mid 90s. It then became a solo effort with a revolving door of side musicians. Iron Maiden is a band, U2 is a band, GNR is not a band.

A band is nothing more than a group of musicians playing together. That's the definition. Don't let your own disappointment/dislike/diagreement lure you into redefining words just to make you feel better.

Always simplifying everything! lol

26.gif"Well actually...."

I love that band called Bruce Springsteen. They are a great band!

quick!, make some 3 hour meeting joke to dispel that atrocity!, you are welcome.

I don't think people like specific guitarists, or musicians in general, because of the volume of their output. Fact is that some fans just like Bucket more than Slash. Deal with it.

Fair enough if we are discussing Buckethead as a solo artist or Buckethead v Slash as solo artists, but as Guns N' Roses guitarists there is simply no quantifiably way Buckethead can compete with Slash.

You seem to labour under the misunderstanding that personal preferences are somehow quantifiable.

They rather are as you need some quantifiable extent and tangible product with which to develop your personal preference in the first place.

No, you don't :D You neither need to be able to quantify any component of the music you compare or be able to somehow hold it as a physical product, to develop personal preferences. You simply have to experience a larger amount of enjoyment from the notes one guitarist creates than another. And fact is that some fans thinks that what Buckets produced in GN'R was better than what Slash produced, even if Slash happens to have the largest output.

I have always thought you were just kidding with your inability to grasp the difference between what is objective and what is subjective, e.g. which guitarist has the quantifiably largest output (objective) and whish guitarist one may prefer to listen to (subjective), but I have now come to believe you actually don't understand these things. You don't get the concept of music and art enjoyment being subjective, and that hence some people might not like what you do. Astounding.

If you restrict the argument to songwriting contributions then for a fan to prefer Buckethead over Slash it would require that fan to collectively prefer Shackler's Revenge, Scraped and Sorry over,

Jungle

Nightrain

Paradise City

Sweet Child O' Mine

Rocket Queen

Coma

Civil War

Locomotive

etc (for a few ambiguous credits)

Guitar solos? Your the Guns trivia expert - you do the maths? Let me have a go: taking the number of original songs as a decent barometer for number of Slash solos, I would put that tentatively at around 50. How many does Buckethead have? 8 possibly? (I will leave it for you to count).

The statistical mismatch is simply too much.

But Bucket never replicated most of the Slash solos on those songs, he didn't even duplicate his own takes on those solos.

I wouldn't doubt that Slash said that to fuck with people. Why say that and then not clarify in subsequent interviews/just go silent? One of few things:

• There is a possibility of something happening with Slash and GnR.
  • Something is going on with GnR not involving Slash, and he threw that out there to fuck with/detract Axl.

ffs some of you are really stupid. Is it that hard to accept that some people have different opinions? Some people dont like Slash as a guitarist, and thats perfectly ok.

Not if you claim to be a 'Guns N' Roses' fan it isn't. Slash is simply too much part of the songwriting, sound and (quantifiably) very existence of the band. It would be like, being a Queen fan and disliking Brian May, or being a Zeppelin fan and disliking Page.

• Like 4

If u dont like Slash then u dont like Guns N Roses. If Slash was never there to help write the classic songs and propel GNR to stardom then there would be no Guns N Roses for Axl to record Chinese Democracy to release under said name in the first place. Its really not that hard to comprehend, personal preferences aside.

Edited by ChineseIRS
  • Like 3

If u dont like Slash then u dont like Guns N Roses. If Slash was never there to help write the classic songs and propel GNR to stardom then there would be no Guns N Roses for Axl to record Chinese Democracy to release under said name in the first place. Its really not that hard to comprehend, personal preferences aside.

This statement basically sums it all up. People act like this nugnr is why the name is popular. SLASH was a huge part of the glory days. To say you dislike him, means you really don't like the band. ALL the other ones after him were just people filling in for him.

• Like 1

ffs some of you are really stupid. Is it that hard to accept that some people have different opinions? Some people dont like Slash as a guitarist, and thats perfectly ok.

Not if you claim to be a 'Guns N' Roses' fan it isn't. Slash is simply too much part of the songwriting, sound and (quantifiably) very existence of the band. It would be like, being a Queen fan and disliking Brian May, or being a Zeppelin fan and disliking Page.

No, because neither Queen or Led Zeppelin had one guitar player quit to be replaced by others who then went on to release more music and played about 370 shows with the band after that. But even if a newcomer had come in and only play one single song, or one single solo, or why not just one single note, it is possible for one person to enjoy that so much, to find so much quality and eargasm in that little snippet of contribution, that it completely overshadowed everything that came before. To a person who don't have the ability to accept differing musical preferences, this might not be unfathomable, but to the rest of us it is not only possible but the very reason why we humans have so diverse tastes when it comes to art. Some prefers staccato rhythm guitar, some prefer shredding, some prefer altenative picking, some prefer melodic, long-note solos, some prefer Justin Bieber. Deal with it. And deal with the fact that some might prefer Buckethead as a guitarist in Guns N' Roses.

Bullshit. I was gonna explain... but a) SoulMonster already did; b) you would refuse to understand anyway, so fuck it.

I just listened to the trunk podcast, just to get a feel for myself, and here are my thoughts; for one, some of you are so quick to turn all negative. I've read "it's not happening because trunk talked to Slash's manager, no reunion." that's not at all what was said. My feeling is that it's far to early in the process to say yes a reunion is happening or no it's not. But clearly things have changed, which is all we can ask for at the moment. I agree with Trunk, I do think a reunion is going to happen, maybe next year, but then again maybe not. The timing has to be right for everyone involved, and clearly slash has some stuff going on at the moment. So perhaps 2 years might be the earliest it happens.

But Those of you that are trying to turn the podcast in to some sort of confirmation that it's not happening are being ridiculous. A reunion is so big that it's not something that is just going to be introduced to the public in such a fashion. Some sort of official press release will be made, or perhaps they will hold an actual press conference. But bottom line, it's not something that Eddie Trunk is going to get the scoop on for his podcast. Managers and agents lie all the time, they are going to do that to get the press of of their tracks.

A reunion is happening, we just have to patient...

• Like 2

Another way of looking at that is saying "If you don't like Bon Scott, you don't like AC/DC". It's totally possible that you can only like the Brian Johnson era....there must be some fans out there who were only turned on to GNR because of the hype surrounding the release of CD - I was one of them. I always liked the 4-5 classic hits that play on the radio all day long, but having the hype of that album is what caused me to look back. Some people surely prefer CD to AFD as ludicrous as that may seem.

I cant believe some people seem to see this as something negative, or try to bring down the excitement of the rest.

Don't pay too much attention to them, they're bitter because they thought it would never happen.

Just bitter because I want new music, not an even bigger excuse for Axl to keep doing greatest hits tours.

Another way of looking at that is saying "If you don't like Bon Scott, you don't like AC/DC". It's totally possible that you can only like the Brian Johnson era....there must be some fans out there who were only turned on to GNR because of the hype surrounding the release of CD - I was one of them. I always liked the 4-5 classic hits that play on the radio all day long, but having the hype of that album is what caused me to look back. Some people surely prefer CD to AFD as ludicrous as that may seem.

And like Slash with GNR, if there was no Bon Scott then there'd be no Brian Johnson for u to like in the first place. So for people to sit here and say they dont like Slash is ridiculous, because if he was never there then there would be no Guns N Roses to like in the first place, no Buckethead to prefer, or anyone else thats tried to replace him since, period. There would be no hype for CD because it would have never existed in the first place.

Edited by ChineseIRS
  • Like 2

Guys there are fans who like how Myles Kennedy sings the old GN´R songs. And there fans who like Scott Weiland. What if those fans say they want a reunion with either Myles or Weiland as GN´R singer?

Is insane, isn´t it? Despite the fact that Axl sings like Mickey Mouse, forget lyrics, stumbles on stage often, is always late and he is in bad shape

It is ok to like Weiland and Myles but by no means they can be GN´R singers

Edited by Padme
  • Like 1

I cant believe some people seem to see this as something negative, or try to bring down the excitement of the rest.

Some people are just being realistic.

It didn't say they were friends. It didn't say a reunion.

Slash said they squashed some old beefs. And that they haven't talked to each other for a long time

Somehow people are twisting that to say the two guys are friends again and about to reunite the band? Talk about stretching what has been said.

Don't pay too much attention to them, they're bitter because they thought it would never happen.
That's an idiotic comment.

Whose bitter? Specifically - list a few names.

The only thing people are bitter about now is Axl's lack of interest in sharing music with the millions if fans who have supported him for years, some for decades.

And what did people think would never happen. A reunion? If so, I must have missed the follow up interviews by ANYBODY involved that has even remotely mentioned a reunion.

Please post the interview that mentions a reunion. Thanks.

- Duff says he'd be lying if he said he and Axl haven't talked about a reunion.

- DJ formally quits the band

- GnR sources finally confirm Ron is out

- Ron says the difference why he coldn't announce his departure and DJ could was timing

- Slash says he and Axl have dispelled the negative energy and it was long over due and it's very cool right now

- Slash very quickly asked to change subjects away from the reunion when in the past he'd have given a diplomatic answer

- Neither Axl and his camp or Slash and his camp have done anything to shoot down the hype surrounding this latest "revelation"

Yup. Nothing is happening. It's just the imagination of the "reunionists". They are the delusional ones in denial setting themselves up for disappointment

Oh and there's that 100 million dollars or so that would be on the table if a reunion were to take place.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 4

Trunk said Slash manager said what Slash said has been blown out of proportion so he's laying low not doing interviews.

So no reunion. Unless your a conspiracy theorist.

But the war is over so one day maybe.

Exactly.

Imagine being married. And running into your ex from high school. That relationship ended badly - 25 years ago. You say hello, you both admit you were young and stubborn. You leave on friendly terms. But aren't texting or FB friends.

Six months later would people start speculating that you were going to divorce your pregnant wife and your high school flame (who is also pregnant) was going to divorce her husband.......and the two of you were going to get married, and probably leave the two new babies with the people you are divorcing?