Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

I mean, if Axl was interested in CD2, wouldn't he have played at least one song during the last tour to start promoting it and testing the waters to see if people liked the new song? He didn't. He mostly played AFD songs. That's a strange way to be interested in releasing CD2.

No.

I don't mean to be a dick but I don't understand how Guns N' Roses fans don't yet understand Axl given his track record for the past 20 years.

The "Chinese Democracy" trilogy (assuming it still is) isn't just a series of songs, randomly written and compiled, and foisted upon the public - it's Axl's magnum opus.

So many great composers of the past went through personal hell - financial ruin, sex scandals, accusations of anti-semitism, etc., and still released their master work, sometimes to public acceptance and praise and sometimes to outcry and damnation. The reason Axl didn't scrap Chinese 1 after 75% of it leaked is the same reason that Tarantino didn't scrap The Hateful Eight after the script leaked - because he believed in it and knows that it's head and shoulders above everything else out there and time will remember it fondly. So in short, if you think that Axl has or will scrapped everything that he is worked for and fought for the last 20 years, you're high as a kite my friend.

The reason he didn't perform any CD2 songs is because, putting it simply, it's not ready. Axl is a prolific control freak. He goes on stage 2 hours late because he's not ready. He doesn't update his fans because he lives in his own world and doesn't give a fuck (to his detriment).

While I don't doubt that most of the record is done, he's clearly not going to create the conditions of the release of Chinese Democracy and put out lofty expectations he can't live up to, perform live material before the record is supposed to be out, and not while a chain smoking buffoon like DJ Ashba is his lead guitarist. There's the complicating factor of most of it being written and recorded by Buckethead and Robin and then of course the legal, financial, and marketing side of things as well.

If Slash and Duff rejoin, I can certainly see that happening, but it will also mean they either directly or indirectly support the remainder of Chinese Democracy.

Did Axl himself ever refer to Chinese Democracy as a trilogy? I know Baz alluded to it but I can't help but feel as if fans need to let go of the notion that there's a second Chinese Democracy just waiting to be released. I would love to be wrong, but I just don't see it.

I mean, if Axl was interested in CD2, wouldn't he have played at least one song during the last tour to start promoting it and testing the waters to see if people liked the new song? He didn't. He mostly played AFD songs. That's a strange way to be interested in releasing CD2.

No.

I don't mean to be a dick but I don't understand how Guns N' Roses fans don't yet understand Axl given his track record for the past 20 years.

The "Chinese Democracy" trilogy (assuming it still is) isn't just a series of songs, randomly written and compiled, and foisted upon the public - it's Axl's magnum opus.

So many great composers of the past went through personal hell - financial ruin, sex scandals, accusations of anti-semitism, etc., and still released their master work, sometimes to public acceptance and praise and sometimes to outcry and damnation. The reason Axl didn't scrap Chinese 1 after 75% of it leaked is the same reason that Tarantino didn't scrap The Hateful Eight after the script leaked - because he believed in it and knows that it's head and shoulders above everything else out there and time will remember it fondly. So in short, if you think that Axl has or will scrapped everything that he is worked for and fought for the last 20 years, you're high as a kite my friend.

The reason he didn't perform any CD2 songs is because, putting it simply, it's not ready. Axl is a prolific control freak. He goes on stage 2 hours late because he's not ready. He doesn't update his fans because he lives in his own world and doesn't give a fuck (to his detriment).

While I don't doubt that most of the record is done, he's clearly not going to create the conditions of the release of Chinese Democracy and put out lofty expectations he can't live up to, perform live material before the record is supposed to be out, and not while a chain smoking buffoon like DJ Ashba is his lead guitarist. There's the complicating factor of most of it being written and recorded by Buckethead and Robin and then of course the legal, financial, and marketing side of things as well.

If Slash and Duff rejoin, I can certainly see that happening, but it will also mean they either directly or indirectly support the remainder of Chinese Democracy.

Did Axl himself ever refer to Chinese Democracy as a trilogy? I know Baz alluded to it but I can't help but feel as if fans need to let go of the notion that there's a second Chinese Democracy just waiting to be released. I would love to be wrong, but I just don't see it.

I don't think Axl ever specifically referred to it being a trilogy, but in the Revolver interview last year he did say "We have what is basically the second half of Chinese Democracy". So it's clear he at least views it as a two-part thing.

Have to assume that they're planning some big announcement in 2-4 months, and will stay silent in the meantime. Maybe someone fed that reporter a tidbit as a kind of teaser. A small hint to fans that the wheels are turning.

Edited by axlsalinger

I'm willing to bet a large chunk of the rest of CD is already floating out there. What are the odds hoarders just say fuck it and leak it if there is a reunion?

Honestly, I just need to hear what the fuck the final vision was for silkworms. I feel that song can unlock and really be emblematic of the cluster fuck of nugnr

If there's a reunion and Fortus is involved, I really want the world to see him shine.

When I saw Thin Lizzy support Guns in 2012 (most ironic/fitting support for nuGuns) they brought him out to play a few songs. When they announced his name to the full arena, literally ten people cheered, eight of which was me and my echo.

Where's Fernando!? I feel like this would be a great opportunity to shed some light on the situation.

All he has to say is "Guns N Roses is moving forward with a new guitarist, Slash is not in the plans, and hasn't been for a while. I will not clarify any statements that Slash has made, that is between him and Axl. My job is Guns N Roses and all I can say is we are working on stuff and will let you know when it is ready"

Instead we have all this speculation. People are ready to toss CD2 for the reunion. People are already saving money for the reunion shows. Essentially this silence has led to the demise of nugnr and has given life to the original band.

I'm for the reunion! But I won't be sad if we get CD2 soon. I'd love to hear anything from Axl, but in my opinion the silence on this situation has gone on longer than I ever imagined anyone from gnr would allow it to. Have they even done any social media lately? I've seen nothing.

I'm starting to believe Slash is back in the mix. Possibly negotiation stages already. I'm not crazy I promise, just trying to rationalize why gnr has gone completely quiet.

Isn't it crazy how the route this band and management takes is always to just NOT comment at all.

Just simple 1-2 sentence statements would clear up sooo much and give their FANS an ounce of respect. But instead they just keep silent.

Which sucks. But what really is ludicrous is then they occasionally come out and call the fans racists, complainers, negative nannies and act like we are the problem.

They treat the fans with no respect. Then simply can't understand why we get frustrated.

The way this band is run is an absolute joke.

You act like a one or two sentence would clarify so much

Fans don't want an answer. They want a 500 page explanation.

I'm going to venture to say that they personally have not spoken to each other but the business side has softened, making business life for both a lot more tolerable. Which would be, in fact, long overdue. It would also be true that they are doing pretty good

I agree with your final paragraph 100%

But the first part - not so much. FANS obviously want as much as possible. But a couple sentences every now and then would ease that frustration by 83.76%

We had a great run, but BBF is no longer a member of GnR. Go support him in his solo endeavors.

For reason that will become more evident in 2016, DJ has retired from GnR and is putting his full energy into Sixx AM. Thanks for the memories and can't wait to hear the next Sixx am album.

GnR will be taking off the rest of 2015 to write, record, vacation and recharge the batteries. Thank you for your support!

2016 is shaping up to be a huge year for GnR and our fans. Axl is applying the final touches to CD2 and if everything goes according to plan, you guys should get a new album and world tour in the summer of 2016.

Conversations have taken place, some fences have been mended. Who knows what the future might hold, but GnR has an album to release and Slash has a solo album set for 2016. Baby steps people!

• Like 1

- Duff says he'd be lying if he said he and Axl haven't talked about a reunion.

- DJ formally quits the band

- GnR sources finally confirm Ron is out

- Ron says the difference why he coldn't announce his departure and DJ could was timing

- Slash says he and Axl have dispelled the negative energy and it was long over due and it's very cool right now

- Slash very quickly asked to change subjects away from the reunion when in the past he'd have given a diplomatic answer

- Neither Axl and his camp or Slash and his camp have done anything to shoot down the hype surrounding this latest "revelation"

Yup. Nothing is happening. It's just the imagination of the "reunionists". They are the delusional ones in denial setting themselves up for disappointment

Oh and there's that 100 million dollars or so that would be on the table if a reunion were to take place.

If I could give this post a 100,000,000 likes, I would. Couldn't have put it better. Where there's smoke, there's usually a fire.
Why are you trying so hard to get people to agree with you?

Bottom line is that none of us know anything beyond what Slash said. He said that some of the beefs have been squashed. But that he hadn't talked to Axl for awhile.

That's it.

Slash is touring this year and said he is working on his next solo album

Axl says he has two albums completed. That CD was a double or triple album.

Fortus, stintson, frank and Pittman have all talked about the future with GnR. None of those guys have shown (or said) that they are out of the band.

And there is no way that a secret that big can remain silent.

Not trying anything, just commenting. Why are you trying to win an argument you've already lost?

AFD 30th anniversary 2017. Reunion starts then.

A reunion tour coupled with a side by side promotion of a remasterd AFD and new reunion album. If the business side has warmed up between them they will see what an absolute beast of a business opportunity that will be. They obviously have enough material between them all to mash an album together that will kick ass. If they don't capitatize on this they are the dumbest motherfukers on the planet. Especially if they are friends again. Plus there isn't one person in current GnR who would not understand or who would be offended if Axl reunited with the old band, so this idea of people saying Axl woud never turn his back or disrespect the new band by doing is ridiculous. I mean for fuck sakes Tommy himself is even quoted as saying he'd gladly step aside for a reunion to take place. Even the guys in the current band know a reunion is cooler than what GnR is now.

• Like 1

I feel like Slash answered the reunion question right there. That's an old one. One positive about things being okay between him and Axl, theres no hate. But still no reunion, still probably don't want to wait in stadiums for Axl or go through that recording process.

The reunion could be at a Vegas Residency or Rock in Rio. To take those tour pressures off.

The loyalty to band members was brought up half way through some new Guns tour commitments and possible Residency. With no real definite plans Axl is meant to ruin that for one show at HOF for no real money. 500 mil from Clear Channel is at least reasonable offer. Context is pretty important.

There is still the difference between working methods. Axl did say on Kimmel he was capable of just scraping things. But maybe there is some material he wants to put out. But I do think he's a realist. Like he said before Illusions, I have the material I don't have to give it to you. And there may be lots of material we never hear because it was never right.

Thats why you would hope they share writing credits or songs evenly. But I remember UYI being delayed basically to get Nov Rain right? One Axl song on a reunion album is going to take some time. Maybe just let Izzy and Slash do they music, Axl shuts up and takes the money. In the end it comes down to pride, how can Axl do a reunion record and take a back seat. Maybe tgat is very Axl.

But they should do a reunion tour, take the money and glory. Just enjoy it. Any point or side of story or artistic merit of CD has been made. So why not?

A reunion is the only happy ending in rock but is this a massage parlour?

Axl holding his position definitely gives him more say as an artist. But maybe Axl writing a song about forgiveness and healing is his final destination.

• Like 4

Rock In Rio would be great...

I think there are other things they need to worry about before making music.

Repair and rebuild trust and friendships first

Jam together and see if it feels right.. How could it not?

Do a couple surprise shows and see how it goes

Then maybe work on a couple songs to release with a live album. Preferable some old gem of a show from the classic line-up. Tour on that focusing on their back catalog.

If shit doesn't fall of the rails by that point.. Then maybe think about one last album. Between all Axl's material and the album the other guys wrote before VR formed there must be a enough good stuff iron out for an album..

• Like 2

I feel like Slash answered the reunion question right there. That's an old one.

The way he answered it was completely different than he has in the past when he's said things like it would be fun for the fans, or he'd be open to it or it's not up to him. Always in the past he's given a diplomatic answer but this time he avoided it all together. He didn't say no or yes. Instead he quickly and abruptly asked to change the topic. Why? Because in all liklihood in the moment he realized that by answering the "Friends" question he had opened up a can of worms and right now even though he likely knows a reunion will happen he can't say much about it. Slash avoided the question 100% because he now has no answer for it. He can't say yes and he cant say no and he can't pretend it's no longer up to hi and he can't pretend it's not possible or that it "might" happen.. He knows it's coming but they want to do it right and not have the media and fans go crazy before everything is in place. So fo now it's an off limits topic.

He answered it alright.

I feel like Slash answered the reunion question right there. That's an old one.

The way he answered it was completely different than he has in the past when he's said things like it would be fun for the fans, or he'd be open to it or it's not up to him. Always in the past he's given a diplomatic answer but this time he avoided it all together. He didn't say no or yes. Instead he quickly and abruptly asked to change the topic. Why? Because in all liklihood in the moment he realized that by answering the "Friends" question he had opened up a can of worms and right now even though he likely knows a reunion will happen he can't say much about it. Slash avoided the question 100% because he now has no answer for it. He can't say yes and he cant say no and he can't pretend it's no longer up to hi and he can't pretend it's not possible or that it "might" happen.. He knows it's coming but they want to do it right and not have the media and fans go crazy before everything is in place. So fo now it's an off limits topic.

He answered it alright.

You may be right that it's inevitable or that he knows more than he's letting on. I did go on as if it's happening. What the fuck do I know anyway?

My read on that's an old one was nothing has changed. He realizes that being friends brings up these other things. I read somewhere theyve been on better terms for 9 months (since AFdem blu ray was released?) and theyve mostly been keeping a lid on it. Remember that special announcement on CNN thing?

But like you said theres so many variables and with no deal even on the table, even the best scenario he couldn't say.

I think also no one wants to be the bad guy and say actually no reunion as of yet. But it could mean theres top secret meetings happening for a reunion tour next year.

Just getting them on stage for a few shows would be a boon. Just a place to start.

Rock In Rio would be great...

I think there are other things they need to worry about before making music.

Repair and rebuild trust and friendships first

Jam together and see if it feels right.. How could it not?

Do a couple surprise shows and see how it goes

Then maybe work on a couple songs to release with a live album. Preferable some old gem of a show from the classic line-up. Tour on that focusing on their back catalog.

If shit doesn't fall of the rails by that point.. Then maybe think about one last album. Between all Axl's material and the album the other guys wrote before VR formed there must be a enough good stuff iron out for an album..

Kind of like VH reunion album they mine some older ideas. Definitely think touring before a record like FNM too. Play the hits in the hurricane. Once it dies down try to write some songs. Who knows maybe they all have been saving songs for potential reunion for years?

AXL AND SLASH HAVE A BETTER RELATIONSHIP BUT DO NOT WORK TOGETHER"

Guns N 'Roses released a statement clarifying that Axl and Slahs will no longer work together.

They will be aware of the commotion that ensued following statements by Slash on reconciliation after many years with Axl Rose . The enthusiasm of the fans and speculation of a possible return to play together not long in coming.

Therefore, Guns N 'Roses through a statement out to calm the waters and put cold cloths to the situation.

"I just can talk about GNR GNR. All that happened here is that Axl and Slash are on better terms. Far be it for now plans to re-lock together. No need to fan the flames of any particular option at this point, "says categorical statement that is not the issue.

Meanwhile, Slash also addressed the issue on the agenda of Eddie Trunk. He argued that there was talk, but it was exaggerated by the media. Asked about the possibility of return, he said that he could not answer now asked not to talk about it anymore.
It seems clear. It is a resounding no, but only for now. In less than we thought more developments.

http://estacionk2.com/musica-2/axl-y-slash-tiene-una-mejor-relacion-pero-no-trabajaran-juntos/

Edited by Gibbo 27

Guns N 'Roses released a statement clarifying that Axl and Slahs will no longer work together.

They will be aware of the commotion that ensued following statements by Slash on reconciliation after many years with Axl Rose . The enthusiasm of the fans and speculation of a possible return to play together not long in coming.

Therefore, Guns N 'Roses through a statement out to calm the waters and put cold cloths to the situation.

"I just can talk about GNR GNR. All that happened here is that Axl and Slash are on better terms. Far be it for now plans to re-lock together. No need to fan the flames of any particular option at this point, "says categorical statement that is not the issue.

Meanwhile, Slash also addressed the issue on the agenda of Eddie Trunk. He argued that there was talk, but it was exaggerated by the media. Asked about the possibility of return, he said that he could not answer now asked not to talk about it anymore.

It seems clear. It is a resounding no, but only for now. In less than we thought more developments.

http://estacionk2.com/musica-2/axl-y-slash-tiene-una-mejor-relacion-pero-no-trabajaran-juntos/

There are no statements on FB and twitter...

Edited by Ana_1991

There are no statements on FB and twitter...
Yeah just seen some group on fb share the shit

what was the CNN thing?

Remember Slash was going on tv to make big announcement? But then all that happened was he announce his new album tour. Supposedly he was going to mention the cooling off of feud. This is just something i read about.

- Duff says he'd be lying if he said he and Axl haven't talked about a reunion.

- DJ formally quits the band

- GnR sources finally confirm Ron is out

- Ron says the difference why he coldn't announce his departure and DJ could was timing

- Slash says he and Axl have dispelled the negative energy and it was long over due and it's very cool right now

- Slash very quickly asked to change subjects away from the reunion when in the past he'd have given a diplomatic answer

- Neither Axl and his camp or Slash and his camp have done anything to shoot down the hype surrounding this latest "revelation"

Yup. Nothing is happening. It's just the imagination of the "reunionists". They are the delusional ones in denial setting themselves up for disappointment

Oh and there's that 100 million dollars or so that would be on the table if a reunion were to take place.

If I could give this post a 100,000,000 likes, I would. Couldn't have put it better. Where there's smoke, there's usually a fire.
Why are you trying so hard to get people to agree with you?

Bottom line is that none of us know anything beyond what Slash said. He said that some of the beefs have been squashed. But that he hadn't talked to Axl for awhile.

That's it.

Slash is touring this year and said he is working on his next solo album

Axl says he has two albums completed. That CD was a double or triple album.

Fortus, stintson, frank and Pittman have all talked about the future with GnR. None of those guys have shown (or said) that they are out of the band.

And there is no way that a secret that big can remain silent.

Not trying anything, just commenting. Why are you trying to win an argument you've already lost?

? - argument I've already lost. How old are you?

Please explain to me what exactly I've lost.

Let me know what statements or actions Axl, team Brazil or Slash have done that says there is a reunion on the horizon.

And please let me know specifically which points I made that are incorrect.

Uhm, where is the original statement published? This is a translation from a, uhm, I will go with, Brazilian site. I would venture a guess and say this is all fake.