Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

Ashba proved himself to be an albatross for the band, far better chance to see Finck or Bumble playing with Guns again I think

Without real writing credits in GNR probably not. Could imagine Axl joing Dj on stage somewhere. Dj n Ron are Gilbys.

Finck wrote Better so him joining them live for that and TIL would be cool. Hell bring him back for Chi dem, SOD, Better, TIL.

I'm hoping Fortus has similar run of songs on CD II.

- Duff says he'd be lying if he said he and Axl haven't talked about a reunion.

- DJ formally quits the band

- GnR sources finally confirm Ron is out

- Ron says the difference why he coldn't announce his departure and DJ could was timing

- Slash says he and Axl have dispelled the negative energy and it was long over due and it's very cool right now

- Slash very quickly asked to change subjects away from the reunion when in the past he'd have given a diplomatic answer

- Neither Axl and his camp or Slash and his camp have done anything to shoot down the hype surrounding this latest "revelation"

Yup. Nothing is happening. It's just the imagination of the "reunionists". They are the delusional ones in denial setting themselves up for disappointment

Oh and there's that 100 million dollars or so that would be on the table if a reunion were to take place.

If I could give this post a 100,000,000 likes, I would. Couldn't have put it better. Where there's smoke, there's usually a fire.
Why are you trying so hard to get people to agree with you?

Bottom line is that none of us know anything beyond what Slash said. He said that some of the beefs have been squashed. But that he hadn't talked to Axl for awhile.

That's it.

Slash is touring this year and said he is working on his next solo album

Axl says he has two albums completed. That CD was a double or triple album.

Fortus, stintson, frank and Pittman have all talked about the future with GnR. None of those guys have shown (or said) that they are out of the band.

And there is no way that a secret that big can remain silent.

Not trying anything, just commenting. Why are you trying to win an argument you've already lost?
- argument I've already lost. How old are you?

Please explain to me what exactly I've lost.

Let me know what statements or actions Axl, team Brazil or Slash have done that says there is a reunion on the horizon.

And please let me know specifically which points I made that are incorrect.

So that's what you're butthurt about? No one can confirm a reunion is on the horizon for sure, but if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks, etc.

The fact Axl and Slash are speaking shows that there's very little holding it back..sometimes the best reponse is no response and everyone will be quiet until they're ready to announce something. Why would they leak it now? So although the proof isn't as substantial as some may wish, you don't have much of a leg to stand on yourself.

It's there final play, so maybe when they are 64. Judgment day is inevitable.

Just the idea that they made up and are talking to each other should be enough for GNR fans to stop being cunts to each other. They don't even need to perform with each other. Just talking is a win for all the fans.

WTF? No one cares about some private "kumbaya" between Axl n Slash. People want a Guns reunion. Not interested in their private lives.
  • Like 1

Just the idea that they made up and are talking to each other should be enough for GNR fans to stop being cunts to each other. They don't even need to perform with each other. Just talking is a win for all the fans.

WTF? No one cares about some private "kumbaya" between Axl n Slash. People want a Guns reunion. Not interested in their private lives.

How do we give a negative? Haha, I want a reunion too, but first thing I wanted was them to no longer hate each other.. Baby steps.

- Duff says he'd be lying if he said he and Axl haven't talked about a reunion.

- DJ formally quits the band

- GnR sources finally confirm Ron is out

- Ron says the difference why he coldn't announce his departure and DJ could was timing

- Slash says he and Axl have dispelled the negative energy and it was long over due and it's very cool right now

- Slash very quickly asked to change subjects away from the reunion when in the past he'd have given a diplomatic answer

- Neither Axl and his camp or Slash and his camp have done anything to shoot down the hype surrounding this latest "revelation"

Yup. Nothing is happening. It's just the imagination of the "reunionists". They are the delusional ones in denial setting themselves up for disappointment

Oh and there's that 100 million dollars or so that would be on the table if a reunion were to take place.

If I could give this post a 100,000,000 likes, I would. Couldn't have put it better. Where there's smoke, there's usually a fire.
Why are you trying so hard to get people to agree with you?

Bottom line is that none of us know anything beyond what Slash said. He said that some of the beefs have been squashed. But that he hadn't talked to Axl for awhile.

That's it.

Slash is touring this year and said he is working on his next solo album

Axl says he has two albums completed. That CD was a double or triple album.

Fortus, stintson, frank and Pittman have all talked about the future with GnR. None of those guys have shown (or said) that they are out of the band.

And there is no way that a secret that big can remain silent.

Not trying anything, just commenting. Why are you trying to win an argument you've already lost?
- argument I've already lost. How old are you?

Please explain to me what exactly I've lost.

Let me know what statements or actions Axl, team Brazil or Slash have done that says there is a reunion on the horizon.

And please let me know specifically which points I made that are incorrect.

So that's what you're butthurt about? No one can confirm a reunion is on the horizon for sure, but if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks, etc.

The fact Axl and Slash are speaking shows that there's very little holding it back..sometimes the best reponse is no response and everyone will be quiet until they're ready to announce something. Why would they leak it now? So although the proof isn't as substantial as some may wish, you don't have much of a leg to stand on yourself.

Are you capable of having an adult conversation? Serious question.

Fuck off with your butthurt comments. We disagree on something. If I'm "butthurt" that would mean you are as well, since you are engaging in the debate. Stick to the topic and leave the idiotic crap off to the side.

So I just state the actual facts and you say I don't have a leg to stand on. You state speculations based on your duck comparison and think that makes your assumptions correct? Wow.

So when specifically did Axl and Slash talk? For how long? What did they work out? How often do they chat? When was the last time they talked?

Would you say their "plan" to keep this potentially amazing and game changing news secret has worked? Do you agree with the strategy? If some random fan like you has the entire secret plan all figured out, then why continue keeping it a secret?

Must be interesting to live in a world where somebody thinks that speculation is fact.

. Just talking is a win for all the fans.

Why?

In reality these are two strangers to us. You will never be friends with them. Never hang out with them. So if a friendship doesn't equate to a reunion album and tour then why is it a win for us that they talked to each other? If they text each other three times a year how is that a win for your life?

i agree with apollo.

slash and axl were not really friends to begin with. they were bandmates. they dont need each other , personally. they were the two most important pieces of gnr from the beginning and they ceased as such when the shit hit the fan. obviously they cannot reconnect as quickly as they disconnected but, make no mistake, there is very little reason for the two of them to have anything to do with each other if they are not to share a stage again.

Sorry but if Axl and Slash die tomorrow I´m not gonna say that I don´t care because both were strangers to me and they never were my friends. They are two guys we care about. It is silly to deny that. They made great things together as artists and we love what they created. And I wish some day they can get at least some of that magic back so we can keep enjoying some of what we had before the break up

• Like 2

I don't think Axl or his management owes anyone a statement on any of this really. Let people have fun with it and speculate. Just wait it out and see what happens. Before any reunion we would be lucky to see Axl and Slash do a song together at some random event or something.

Why is it always about them owing someone something? It's called public relations and functioning like normal. Of course they won't behave that way so whatever. I don't think there's much to gauge from them because of the silence. They admittedly sat on the news of BBF officially leaving for a year. There is no telling with these guys.

Well it was perhaps leaving the door open for Bumblefoot to return if he wanted.

Yeah but then the Guns camp caught wind about Slash's new Guns tat and a Gn'R representative was all like lol why does Bumble can't just flat out say he's out? after a year of probably asking him to not actually say he is out.

A dream I had last night.

Theres definitely a lot of weird coincidinks. Just Slash divorcing Perla then starts talking to Axl again. Izzy was at a Stones show recently?

It all goes back to the Duff meeting Axl in a hotel by "accident". I think somewhere somehow Duff explained to Axl Slash didnt do or mean what Axl thinks. They had a laugh about making every mistake. And long story epic, they are down to fuck.

• Like 1

weird coincidinks.

Duff said it was ok, he saw Axl naked before. What are the chances of him being in the same hotel, a room next to Axl, in the same time? No. I don't accept it as likely. It can't just be a coincidink. Maybe Duff didn't know about it, but who decided on which room Duff will sleep at? did they know Axl was in the next room? so many squishtens.

Also, I don't believe Axl told Slash's pee adventures in a bitter manner. It was reflective and nostalgic even. He looked back fondly on the time when he used pee for his advantage with his band mate. They had that bond.

Edited by Rovim

Perhaps Axl will release CD2, do a last tour with nuGnR and then end his career as it began on stage with Duff, Izzy and Slash. What a finale.

Wishful thinking. I dont think CD2 will ever be released. GNR is beyond repair. There might not even be a reunion tour... or even a show... Slash just mentioned that 'everythings cool' and all hell breaks lose.

It doesnt mean that they are buddy buddy again. Hell would definitely freeze over if Axl decides to do a reunion... it would probably mean that Axl has nothing left in him.

Like him or not but everybody respected how adamant and rebellious he has always been. He said plenty of times that a reunion wont happen... if it does happen... it means two things:-

1. Axls vision of GNR and chinese democracy material is in the trash now.

2. He has now made a major turn in his life and ideals.

weird coincidinks.

Duff said it was ok, he saw Axl naked before. What are the chances of him being in the same hotel, a room next to Axl, in the same time? No. I don't accept it as likely. It can't just be a coincidink. Maybe Duff didn't know about it, but who decided on which room Duff will sleep at? did they know Axl was in the next room? so many squishtens.

Also, I don't believe Axl told Slash's pee adventures in a bitter manner. It was reflective and nostalgic even. He looked back fondly on the time when he used pee for his advantage with his band mate. They had that bond.

well, theyve all done their solo projects and played happy families, what else is there to do but a reunion for billions of dollars?
  • Like 1

Slash has been talking about Axl since he left. Axl or Axl's camp cannot go out and speak everytime Slash says something...

So in this case, not saying anything can be considered as Axl not giving a fuck about what Slash says or a simply way implying he is not gonna waste time talking about Slash. But I am obviously guessing here, as I have no idea at all. None of us do.

Pretty much this. Their personal relationship doesn't affect the fans in any way. To act like that is important is totally fake.

I don't think Axl or his management owes anyone a statement on any of this really. Let people have fun with it and speculate. Just wait it out and see what happens. Before any reunion we would be lucky to see Axl and Slash do a song together at some random event or something.

Why is it always about them owing someone something? It's called public relations and functioning like normal. Of course they won't behave that way so whatever. I don't think there's much to gauge from them because of the silence. They admittedly sat on the news of BBF officially leaving for a year. There is no telling with these guys.

I agree the GNR camp are TERRIBLE at PR, but why is this Slash/Axl thing a matter of PR? As far as we know, it's a personal and private matter and that's it.

There might or might not be a reunion on the works, but that's just speculation from the fans.

This rumor hurts nugnr if it is only a rumor and should be squashed if untrue. It just pushes that brand further down when people are focusing on the real deal.

Still no news?

The rumour that a reunited GN'R was to headline Soundwave festival in 2016 has now been shot down: http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/457737/aj-maddah-breaks-silence-on-guns-n-roses-headlining-soundwave-2016.htm

“It’s been nice for me personally to share this fantasy for a few days along with the fans but it is not happening for SW16,” the festival founder said.

“I sure hope those guys do get back together again as there has never been, or as far as I am concerned ever will be such a potent force for rock’n roll than the original GNR in full flight.”

“If it does happen it is going to take longer than six months for the band to be ready to tour. I think it’ll take a hundred lawyers six months just to get the five of them into a rehearsal room together.”

However, Maddah said that if that hard rock dream comes true, he wants to be involved: “But if by a miracle it does happen, then of course, I’ll throw everything I can to be involved and it would be my last act as a promoter as after that I’ll have nowhere to go!”

Still no news?

The rumour that a reunited GN'R was to headline Soundwave festival in 2016 has now been shot down: http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/457737/aj-maddah-breaks-silence-on-guns-n-roses-headlining-soundwave-2016.htm

“It’s been nice for me personally to share this fantasy for a few days along with the fans but it is not happening for SW16,” the festival founder said.

“I sure hope those guys do get back together again as there has never been, or as far as I am concerned ever will be such a potent force for rock’n roll than the original GNR in full flight.”

“If it does happen it is going to take longer than six months for the band to be ready to tour. I think it’ll take a hundred lawyers six months just to get the five of them into a rehearsal room together.”

However, Maddah said that if that hard rock dream comes true, he wants to be involved: “But if by a miracle it does happen, then of course, I’ll throw everything I can to be involved and it would be my last act as a promoter as after that I’ll have nowhere to go!”

deep down inside everyone was aware that it was fake from the minute they said reunion.

I still hope that in weeks we have an official word from management(fernando) like promised. Of course, not on a reunion tour or something. That would take years.

No matter what happens, the only thing I know for sure is that CD2 will be the the least wanted album Axl ever released at this point. If he does indeed pick that album over a reunion. They might as well start it out at dollar tree, don't even waste best buys time, same goes wal mart. In not trying to just bash the album some of you are just dying to defend, but seriously (except a few hundred people in this forum) nobody wants that album. These reunion rumors have just further buried the knife in its back. If Axl seriously tried to release another nugnr, it will get less than zero support.

It's like VH releasing a 2nd Cherone album, nobody wants that Shit...,

• Like 2

The silence is weird as Rose probably would have probably responded earlier. Look at the way he acted during the HoF, writing two missives attacking the event and his band mates? I could envision Axl crushing the rumour with a letter like that, replete with phrases such as ''my former band mates'', ''in order to further their own agenda'' and other examples of paranoia laden 'Axlspeak'.