Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

AXL AND SLASH HAVE A BETTER RELATIONSHIP BUT DO NOT WORK TOGETHER"

Guns N 'Roses released a statement clarifying that Axl and Slahs will no longer work together.

They will be aware of the commotion that ensued following statements by Slash on reconciliation after many years with Axl Rose . The enthusiasm of the fans and speculation of a possible return to play together not long in coming.

Therefore, Guns N 'Roses through a statement out to calm the waters and put cold cloths to the situation.

"I just can talk about GNR GNR. All that happened here is that Axl and Slash are on better terms. Far be it for now plans to re-lock together. No need to fan the flames of any particular option at this point, "says categorical statement that is not the issue.

Meanwhile, Slash also addressed the issue on the agenda of Eddie Trunk. He argued that there was talk, but it was exaggerated by the media. Asked about the possibility of return, he said that he could not answer now asked not to talk about it anymore.

It seems clear. It is a resounding no, but only for now. In less than we thought more developments.

http://estacionk2.com/musica-2/axl-y-slash-tiene-una-mejor-relacion-pero-no-trabajaran-juntos/

Uhm, where is the original statement published? This is a translation from a, uhm, I will go with, Brazilian site. I would venture a guess and say this is all fake.
Roger

Ooo those cold cloths. Can anyone link to the statement?

I have tried finding it, but I haven't been successful. Maybe it was just a comment someone in the GN'R camp made somewhere, and not an official press statement, which should have been posted on their webpage/FB/twitter? Or maybe it is just a made-up story.

I have tried finding it, but I haven't been successful. Maybe it was just a comment someone in the GN'R camp made somewhere, and not an official press statement, which should have been posted on their webpage/FB/twitter? Or maybe it is just a made-up story.

I checked the link. It seems to be a Brazilian radio or magazine. I guess it is legit. But if the camp makes an official statement on the issue they should communicate with RS magazine or Edidie Trunk not the Brazilian media only. Anyway at least they confirmed that Axl and Slash are in fact in good terms

:):hug:

That article is written in Spanish, not Portuguese. The English translation isn't very good. The GNR statement (if it exists...) is not categorical about the possibility of a reunion. The article doesn't quote anybody in particular, it just says that GNR released a statement.

I'd like to know where is the statement released by GNR ?

Edited by My Name is Trinity

I checked the link. It seems to be a Brazilian radio or magazine. I guess it is legit. But if the camp makes an official statement on the issue they should communicate with RS magazine or Edidie Trunk not the Brazilian media only. Anyway at least they confirmed that Axl and Slash are in fact in good terms

:):hug:

I will take this with a grain of salt, as usual, until I see the actual source for the statement. Anyway, not "good terms" but "better terms" :P

This "news" is only on GNR Chile Facebook (I did a google search)....

Unless GNR Chile (whatever it is) has some special connections with the GNR camp, this is complete bullshit.

If it was true, it would confirm that things are going in the right direction between Axl & Slash. :)

Edited by My Name is Trinity

If it was true, it would confirm that things are going in the right direction between Axl & Slash. :)

I don't think anyone denies that things have improved, at least as far as business goes. We kind of know this already due to things that have taken place. The question is whether things have changed on a more personal level between Axl and Slash, whether they have acutally started to talk again (which was implied in the recent Slash interview), and whether this has all really opened up for a reunion where Slash rejoins Guns N' Roses.

Do you really think anyone would make any deal out of improved business relations? Thats bullshit. Business relations mean nothing, its not a reason to wish Slash happy birthday or be happy about how cool it is to be friends again. Its a thing between managements and lawyers. In this case ot is obviously about their personal relations.

• Like 2

They wood be scrutinize.

where'd you read about the slash anouncement? what was supposed to be said?
It was in one of these threads on here or another site. Slash was going to announce the better relations with Axl on that tv interview. If you remember big news was meant to be coming. But it didn't, he just announce his album tour. People were saying this is it, a reunion etc.

All just another rumor. It fits that Slash Axl been better business wise since dvd release. Remember those delays?

Where theres smoke theres fire but either high or you not.

Do you really think anyone would make any deal out of improved business relations? Thats bullshit. Business relations mean nothing, its not a reason to wish Slash happy birthday or be happy about how cool it is to be friends again. Its a thing between managements and lawyers. In this case ot is obviously about their personal relations.

I think Slash would make a big deal out of improved business relations between him and Axl, both because it is of direct concern to him and his band (like getting approval for releasing live DVDs containing GN'R songs) and because it would imply that Axl is thawing up also on a personal level.

• Like 1

Where's Fernando!? I feel like this would be a great opportunity to shed some light on the situation.

All he has to say is "Guns N Roses is moving forward with a new guitarist, Slash is not in the plans, and hasn't been for a while. I will not clarify any statements that Slash has made, that is between him and Axl. My job is Guns N Roses and all I can say is we are working on stuff and will let you know when it is ready"

Instead we have all this speculation. People are ready to toss CD2 for the reunion. People are already saving money for the reunion shows. Essentially this silence has led to the demise of nugnr and has given life to the original band.

I'm for the reunion! But I won't be sad if we get CD2 soon. I'd love to hear anything from Axl, but in my opinion the silence on this situation has gone on longer than I ever imagined anyone from gnr would allow it to. Have they even done any social media lately? I've seen nothing.

I'm starting to believe Slash is back in the mix. Possibly negotiation stages already. I'm not crazy I promise, just trying to rationalize why gnr has gone completely quiet.

Isn't it crazy how the route this band and management takes is always to just NOT comment at all.

Just simple 1-2 sentence statements would clear up sooo much and give their FANS an ounce of respect. But instead they just keep silent.

Which sucks. But what really is ludicrous is then they occasionally come out and call the fans racists, complainers, negative nannies and act like we are the problem.

They treat the fans with no respect. Then simply can't understand why we get frustrated.

The way this band is run is an absolute joke.

You act like a one or two sentence would clarify so much

Fans don't want an answer. They want a 500 page explanation.

I'm going to venture to say that they personally have not spoken to each other but the business side has softened, making business life for both a lot more tolerable. Which would be, in fact, long overdue. It would also be true that they are doing pretty good

I agree with your final paragraph 100%

But the first part - not so much. FANS obviously want as much as possible. But a couple sentences every now and then would ease that frustration by 83.76%

We had a great run, but BBF is no longer a member of GnR. Go support him in his solo endeavors.

For reason that will become more evident in 2016, DJ has retired from GnR and is putting his full energy into Sixx AM. Thanks for the memories and can't wait to hear the next Sixx am album.

GnR will be taking off the rest of 2015 to write, record, vacation and recharge the batteries. Thank you for your support!

2016 is shaping up to be a huge year for GnR and our fans. Axl is applying the final touches to CD2 and if everything goes according to plan, you guys should get a new album and world tour in the summer of 2016.

Conversations have taken place, some fences have been mended. Who knows what the future might hold, but GnR has an album to release and Slash has a solo album set for 2016. Baby steps people!

We are not asking for much!

''We are working to produce an album for 2016; Axl is currently in the studio; we will tell you when there is a release date'', throwing in the odd studio picture now and then.

''In consequence of Bumblefoot and Ashba leaving, we aim to proceed recruiting''

Heck, if the reunion stuff is all bollocks then,

''There are no plans to reunite with former line-ups of Guns N' Roses. We are working with this line-up with an eye to potentially releasing an album in 2016''

It would disappoint people but at least there would be clarity.

This is how normal communicative bands operate - not this Bermuda Triangle secretive tinpot operation.

• Like 1

Well Frank and Fortus did say forging ahead, something big next year didnt they? you know you should believe.

The rest is Slash's fault. But he's gone into hiding.

How do you rebuild something that already was? the question for me is: how nu is nu Guns? rebuild and forge ahead? don't know if that's even possible.

No matter where I go, I see the same hoe.

Edited by Rovim

I don't think Axl or his management owes anyone a statement on any of this really. Let people have fun with it and speculate. Just wait it out and see what happens. Before any reunion we would be lucky to see Axl and Slash do a song together at some random event or something.

• Like 1

Well Frank and Fortus did say forging ahead, something big next year didnt they? you know you should believe.

The rest is Slash's fault. But he's gone into hiding.

How do you rebuild something that already was? the question for me is: how nu is nu Guns? rebuild and forge ahead? don't know if that's even possible.

No matter where I go, I see the same hoe.

They did communicate about whats going on though.

As for Slash, it's like Harvey Keitel says in Dangerous Game, I'm not sure what youre doing, but either do more coke or less coke but youve got to give me more!

• Like 1

I don't think Axl or his management owes anyone a statement on any of this really. Let people have fun with it and speculate. Just wait it out and see what happens. Before any reunion we would be lucky to see Axl and Slash do a song together at some random event or something.

Why is it always about them owing someone something? It's called public relations and functioning like normal. Of course they won't behave that way so whatever. I don't think there's much to gauge from them because of the silence. They admittedly sat on the news of BBF officially leaving for a year. There is no telling with these guys.