Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

There is no good reason they can't "have it all". Slash can release Conspirators lll, Axl can release his "finished" CD ll, and in 2017, 2018, or 2020 whatever, they can finally both do what is what I believe is the only thing that can enable them to use their full artistic potential as musicians and create together again.

If it's reunion shows only, it can still lead to something else as well. If what Fortus says is true, and Axl really does have 3 albums of recorded material, Axl can let Slash and Duff work on it.

It all depends on what Axl wants to do. There are still a few options for him. He can still make money without Slash, hire 2 new faceless guitar players and get the show on the road again with CD ll released.

But no one has really called bullshit from both camps. I don't believe Slash's manager that it's been blown out of proportions or whatever tbh.

Slash touring with a new album next year makes sense. Because he makes things happen rather quickly. But Axl is not like that. Let´s say he hires 2 new guys and tours CDII. Why bother with that when in 2017 he is gonna get rid of NuGN´R to do a reunion? Assuming that next year CDII will come out, something at this point only Richard thinks is going to happen. If CD II comes out and Axl hires 2 new guys he better tour at least 2 years. But I believe at this point is nonesense to hire yet another 2 guys.

If Axl now wants a reunion he better spend 2016 getting in shape and fixing his voice problems

There is no good reason they can't "have it all". Slash can release Conspirators lll, Axl can release his "finished" CD ll, and in 2017, 2018, or 2020 whatever, they can finally both do what is what I believe is the only thing that can enable them to use their full artistic potential as musicians and create together again.

If it's reunion shows only, it can still lead to something else as well. If what Fortus says is true, and Axl really does have 3 albums of recorded material, Axl can let Slash and Duff work on it.

It all depends on what Axl wants to do. There are still a few options for him. He can still make money without Slash, hire 2 new faceless guitar players and get the show on the road again with CD ll released.

But no one has really called bullshit from both camps. I don't believe Slash's manager that it's been blown out of proportions or whatever tbh.

Slash touring with a new album next year makes sense. Because he makes things happen rather quickly. But Axl is not like that. Let´s say he hires 2 new guys and tours CDII. Why bother with that when in 2017 he is gonna get rid of NuGN´R to do a reunion? Assuming that next year CDII will come out, something at this point only Richard thinks is going to happen. If CD II comes out and Axl hires 2 new guys he better tour at least 2 years. But I believe at this point is nonesense to hire yet another 2 guys.

If Axl now wants a reunion he better spend 2016 getting in shape and fixing his voice problems

A reunion can still happen say...5 years from now, no? my guess is if Axl and Slash had buried the hatchet, it will still be a process. On Axl time, and that if it ever even happens, if all the stars align.

I believe in Duff. It starts with a knock knock joke.

Edited by Rovim

Would this thread still be open if it was a false reunion rumor? I don't think so...

A reunion can still happen say...5 years from now, no? my guess is if Axl and Slash had buried the hatchet, it will still be a process. On Axl time, and that if it ever even happens, if all the stars align.

The sooner, the better. If they wait too much, it'll be too late as Axl will be almost 60 if they wait 5 more years. If they want the reunion to be really successful, it has to happen in 2016 or 2017. Edited by My Name is Trinity
  • Like 1

Yes, but my point is if Axl really wants a reunion they shouldn´t waste yet another 5 more years. I think they already wasted 20 years. Like the old Nike advertising goes... Just Do It!

• Like 1

Yes, but my point is if Axl really wants a reunion they shouldn´t waste yet another 5 more years. I think they already wasted 20 years. Like the old Nike advertising goes... Just Do It!

I don't think Axl agrees with Nike on that one. Realistically speaking, I can't see any of it happening before Slash has released and toured Conspirators lll, and Axl moves his ass.

There is still the question of CD ll. Remember: even if you don't see the value of it, Axl probaby does, given the fact he said he always viewed it as a double.

At this point in time, we just don't know enough and it feels way too early to even have en educated guess. Eventually, we'll know more and see where it goes cause someone is gonna talk or make a move.

If Axl really cares about CD2 (not sure about that), he can release it after the reunion.

I don't think that's realistic at all. I think Axl's first priority is still CD ll's release.

Couldn't be more excited about what appears to be some form of positive communication between Axl and Slash, but not too long ago Axl has said not in this life time, and now, with no concrete information we jump to conclusions but Axl is still going to dictate the direction of Guns no matter what happens.

And he has invested a lot in seeing it through. Chinese is only half of the work, so there is no way imo he'll just put it aside and reunite. That would damage what he's been trying to do for a long time.

The way I see it, for a reunion to happen, one of the main things that needs to become a reality is the release and proper live representation of CD ll.

That can be with Slash, or with Slash and Duff, with Fortus still in the band in any case, but if you're trying to suggest Axl is gonna abandon CD ll just to do a reunion I'd strongly suggest you review some of Axl's past actions.

Edited by Rovim

If they did bury the hatchet and Reunion is in the works then the most obvious thing is that Axl will want to release CD 2 with Slash. He will want Slash to work on It, add some other songs by Slash Or whoever else and make it a proper gnr album. Axl mind you doesnt divide gnr into old and New, to him gnr is gnr... Sorry for idiotic Capital letters, my Phone is an idiot.

• Like 1

If Axl really cares about CD2 (not sure about that), he can release it after the reunion.

I don't think that's realistic at all. I think Axl's first priority is still CD ll's release.

I think you're the one who's unrealistic... :lol:

I mean, if Axl was interested in CD2, wouldn't he have played at least one song during the last tour to start promoting it and testing the waters to see if people liked the new song? He didn't. He mostly played AFD songs. That's a strange way to be interested in releasing CD2.

I mean, if Axl was interested in CD2, wouldn't he have played at least one song during the last tour to start promoting it and testing the waters to see if people liked the new song? He didn't. He mostly played AFD songs. That's a strange way to be interested in releasing CD2.

Wait. What?

I saw Foo Fighters last Monday and they didn't play anything off their next record either. Does that mean they're not interested in making one?

Yeah... I'm unrealistic cause I don't think Axl will throw away everything just to do a reunion without giving a fuck about CD ll, the rest of his magnum opus.

He has shown interest, and many members of the band said that's what's happening, Axl in the studio, etc.

Here's a piece of reality for you: a reunion will never happen if it will only mean nostalgia and money. Axl doesn't need Slash to make money, or to use nostalgia as a way to make enough of it to maintain his lavish lifestyle with another Ashba.

Axl needs a new lead guitar player and Slash might be it, but CD ll is still a go. To ignore that is...ignorant.

Just because guitar players leave, and Axl might have buried the hatchet with Slash and is in touch with Duff doesn't mean Axl's need to realize his artistic vision changed.

CD ll represents half of that. I can see Slash being a part of it cause I know Axl wanted him to play on a few Chinese songs in 2001, but nothing has indicated to us Axl is putting aside what he's built and kept alive for years.

He might incorporate Slash and Duff into his musical vision, but CD ll is done or almost done so I think the main part of the album will consist of songs that Axl has already talked about here, or have been finished for years.

And why start from scratch, and then release what is almost done, if you can release what is almost done with or without Slash's and Duff's input, and go from there, using their ideas and what's in the vault to create another record.

If Axl had to choose between a reunion and CD ll, what do you think he'll pick? personally I don't believe a reunion will come at the expense of CD ll.

If Axl can convince himself Slash can improve it, it's possible he can be a part of it, but it will be released regardless, or at least Axl will make his attempt to see it through.

Edited by Rovim

Wait. What?

I saw Foo Fighters last Monday and they didn't play anything off their next record either. Does that mean they're not interested in making one?

I don't know about the Foo Fighters, but GNR and Axl used to play new songs before they get released (it happened with UYI, and with CD). He likes to test the crowd's reaction.

If they did bury the hatchet and Reunion is in the works then the most obvious thing is that Axl will want to release CD 2 with Slash. He will want Slash to work on It, add some other songs by Slash Or whoever else and make it a proper gnr album. Axl mind you doesnt divide gnr into old and New, to him gnr is gnr... Sorry for idiotic Capital letters, my Phone is an idiot.

Good point ;) Edited by My Name is Trinity

Where's Fernando!? I feel like this would be a great opportunity to shed some light on the situation.

All he has to say is "Guns N Roses is moving forward with a new guitarist, Slash is not in the plans, and hasn't been for a while. I will not clarify any statements that Slash has made, that is between him and Axl. My job is Guns N Roses and all I can say is we are working on stuff and will let you know when it is ready"

Instead we have all this speculation. People are ready to toss CD2 for the reunion. People are already saving money for the reunion shows. Essentially this silence has led to the demise of nugnr and has given life to the original band.

I'm for the reunion! But I won't be sad if we get CD2 soon. I'd love to hear anything from Axl, but in my opinion the silence on this situation has gone on longer than I ever imagined anyone from gnr would allow it to. Have they even done any social media lately? I've seen nothing.

I'm starting to believe Slash is back in the mix. Possibly negotiation stages already. I'm not crazy I promise, just trying to rationalize why gnr has gone completely quiet.

Isn't it crazy how the route this band and management takes is always to just NOT comment at all.

Just simple 1-2 sentence statements would clear up sooo much and give their FANS an ounce of respect. But instead they just keep silent.

Which sucks. But what really is ludicrous is then they occasionally come out and call the fans racists, complainers, negative nannies and act like we are the problem.

They treat the fans with no respect. Then simply can't understand why we get frustrated.

The way this band is run is an absolute joke.

• Like 2

Where's Fernando!? I feel like this would be a great opportunity to shed some light on the situation.

All he has to say is "Guns N Roses is moving forward with a new guitarist, Slash is not in the plans, and hasn't been for a while. I will not clarify any statements that Slash has made, that is between him and Axl. My job is Guns N Roses and all I can say is we are working on stuff and will let you know when it is ready"

Instead we have all this speculation. People are ready to toss CD2 for the reunion. People are already saving money for the reunion shows. Essentially this silence has led to the demise of nugnr and has given life to the original band.

I'm for the reunion! But I won't be sad if we get CD2 soon. I'd love to hear anything from Axl, but in my opinion the silence on this situation has gone on longer than I ever imagined anyone from gnr would allow it to. Have they even done any social media lately? I've seen nothing.

I'm starting to believe Slash is back in the mix. Possibly negotiation stages already. I'm not crazy I promise, just trying to rationalize why gnr has gone completely quiet.

Isn't it crazy how the route this band and management takes is always to just NOT comment at all.

Just simple 1-2 sentence statements would clear up sooo much and give their FANS an ounce of respect. But instead they just keep silent.

Which sucks. But what really is ludicrous is then they occasionally come out and call the fans racists, complainers, negative nannies and act like we are the problem.

They treat the fans with no respect. Then simply can't understand why we get frustrated.

The way this band is run is an absolute joke.

You act like a one or two sentence would clarify so much

Fans don't want an answer. They want a 500 page explanation.

I'm going to venture to say that they personally have not spoken to each other but the business side has softened, making business life for both a lot more tolerable. Which would be, in fact, long overdue. It would also be true that they are doing pretty good

If they have not spoken and yet Slash admitted to them being friends again that would mean Slash is an utter idiot. That would also make it even more weird that there is no comment on Axls site. Or any reaction whatsoever. If he wants to continue with nuguns he should react immediately because this kills the last hope for this band already in agony. Plus if Del reached out to Slash it means Axl had nothing against it which means he stopped seing the devil in Slash and I really dont believe that was possible without him actually talking to Slash. I dont believe hed take anyones word for that. So Id rather think they have spoken...

• Like 1