Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

Trunk said Slash manager said what Slash said has been blown out of proportion so he's laying low not doing interviews.

So no reunion. Unless your a conspiracy theorist.

But the war is over so one day maybe.

Or it could just mean that things are being worked on behind the scenes, but they are not ready to make it known publically yet. It's not like they are going to tell trunk what's going on anyways.
I was summarizing for isolated Asia.

Yes, the reunion conspiracy. Feel like yes behind everything there is a real reunion possibility. But it may depend on Izzy rather than Axl or Slash.

The way Axl explain it was sure Slash and Duff are ready but Izzy Adler not so much. Adler makes sense. Izzy kind of just isn't committed, unreliable. He said you can get Gilby or Matt but that's not the real reunion people want.

Izzy was at a Stones show recently. That is one piece of evidence that has been overlooked. That is very show biz for Izzy. He's been off the grid with no publicist for years.

Axl started something with CD which he claims was never his plan. Sure he had creative impulses but for the whole band to disintegrate and have to decide whether to carry on or give up wasnt his plan A. But he started it and we know what happened. He just refused to quit. CD meant something to him, and that was basically all he had.

In the end it became hold what you have, right? If Axl says he wants reunion that ruins what he has with current line up. With nothing solid on the other side. Izzy or Adler may just be unable to do it. Slash was happy with the freedom he had outside GNR. Axl wasn't done with Chinese. It's a stand off. A lot of media scrutiny.

But once they got over, through, past those kind of things. Slash has 7 solo albums or whatever, Axl has put out his materail, Izzy decides to quit fucking around with integrity, Adler stays sober longer than a quarter of football, Duff can finally bring them back together to salvage something from this shambles.

The conspiracy is that right Now a reunion is being planned for now or after Conspirators 3 or CD II.

Wake up time to die.

Edited by wasted

- Duff says he'd be lying if he said he and Axl haven't talked about a reunion.

- DJ formally quits the band

- GnR sources finally confirm Ron is out

- Ron says the difference why he coldn't announce his departure and DJ could was timing

- Slash says he and Axl have dispelled the negative energy and it was long over due and it's very cool right now

- Slash very quickly asked to change subjects away from the reunion when in the past he'd have given a diplomatic answer

- Neither Axl and his camp or Slash and his camp have done anything to shoot down the hype surrounding this latest "revelation"

Yup. Nothing is happening. It's just the imagination of the "reunionists". They are the delusional ones in denial setting themselves up for disappointment

Oh and there's that 100 million dollars or so that would be on the table if a reunion were to take place.

Not doubting you, but where does Duff say that he and axl have talked reunion? I want to read it in context.

I can't give you a link but I read it in one of his recent interviews he did as he was promoting his book

- Ron says the difference why he coldn't announce his departure and DJ could was timing

- Slash says he and Axl have dispelled the negative energy and it was long over due and it's very cool right now

- Slash very quickly asked to change subjects away from the reunion when in the past he'd have given a diplomatic answer

- Neither Axl and his camp or Slash and his camp have done anything to shoot down the hype surrounding this latest "revelation"

Yup. Nothing is happening. It's just the imagination of the "reunionists". They are the delusional ones in denial setting themselves up for disappointment

Oh and there's that 100 million dollars or so that would be on the table if a reunion were to take place.

If I could give this post a 100,000,000 likes, I would. Couldn't have put it better. Where there's smoke, there's usually a fire.
Why are you trying so hard to get people to agree with you?

Bottom line is that none of us know anything beyond what Slash said. He said that some of the beefs have been squashed. But that he hadn't talked to Axl for awhile.

That's it.

Slash is touring this year and said he is working on his next solo album

Axl says he has two albums completed. That CD was a double or triple album.

Fortus, stintson, frank and Pittman have all talked about the future with GnR. None of those guys have shown (or said) that they are out of the band.

And there is no way that a secret that big can remain silent.

Not doubting you, but where does Duff say that he and axl have talked reunion? I want to read it in context.

I can't give you a link but I read it in one of his recent interviews he did as he was promoting his book
What I got was that Axl did not say no way. Duff said it may or may not happen. So theres some sort of hestitancy from Axl or finesse from Duff.

I'd go for Rock in Rio 2021 as the first reunion show.

So Slash can finish his solo projects, Axl puts out CD II etc. nobody has to give anything up.

Not to pretend like I'm an expert here, but unless this has been going on for a long time (like years), I'd guess no reunion for a while yet. You have to remember, Axl hated Slash with every fiber in his body. He blamed him for almost everything bad that has happened to him in the past 20 years. If he held a grudge that long there's almost no way he'd drop it and agree to a reunion.

I think this is just the start. They're beginning to talk and clear the air. There's a chance it doesn't advance past that point. There's also a chance that they do a full blown reunion. The possibilities are endless, but I just don't think they'll "jump back into bed" again, for lack of a better (or lulzier) phrase.

Well, I believe we'll see CD2. I think this will be the end, actually. Because there is no turning back after the reunion. You think people are gonna accept DJ Salsa or whatever once Slash is back? No way. And I really dont see them recording together. So we would never hear from Axl again? Only case was if let the name go and formed a new band, maybe. Is that what Stay Of Execution is, after all, perhaps? Cause you dont need to file for a song or an album name, but for a band you do.

But no, I think Axl will release his final album as GNR, reunite and then disappear from the world forever. Thats what I would do, anyway, and I hope he does. One last blaze of glory. Dont let it last too long or it fades away. And then him vanishing forever would bring back the whole bigfoot mythology that I think he kinda lost recently.

Edited by ManetsBR

I would like to add the following points:

- Steven would also be lying if he he said he hasn't talked about a reunion with many band members, including some from Guns N' Roses.

- They'd all be billionaires. How can anyone not want to throw away what you ahve been working for the last 20 years, disappoint your band mates, and reunite with someone you don't like for that kind of money? It would be insane!!

- Fred Durst has finally admitted having been responsible for reuniting Slash and Axl.

- No smoke without fire. And no ridicuous exaggeration ad extrapolation from sloppy comments from Slash that can be construed to mean that he and Axl are now buddies again.

- Trunk has always said so.

- We want it so very, very, very much.

- Brazilians.

I would like to add the following points:

- Steven would also be lying if he he said he hasn't talked about a reunion with many band members, including some from Guns N' Roses.

- They'd all be billionaires. How can anyone not want to throw away what you ahve been working for the last 20 years, disappoint your band mates, and reunite with someone you don't like for that kind of money? It would be insane!!

- Fred Durst has finally admitted having been responsible for reuniting Slash and Axl.

- No smoke without fire. And no ridicuous exaggeration ad extrapolation from sloppy comments from Slash that can be construed to mean that he and Axl are now buddies again.

- Trunk has always said so.

- We want it so very, very, very much.

- Brazilians.

Gimme a D!

Gimme an E!

Gimme an N!

Gimme an I!

Gimme an A!

Gimme an L!

What's that spell?!?!

How can anyone not want to throw away what you ahve been working for the last 20 years, disappoint your band mates, and reunite with someone you don't like for that kind of money? It would be insane!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::facepalm:

• Like 1

Trunk said Slash manager said what Slash said has been blown out of proportion so he's laying low not doing interviews.

So no reunion. Unless your a conspiracy theorist.

But the war is over so one day maybe.

Exactly.

Imagine being married. And running into your ex from high school. That relationship ended badly - 25 years ago. You say hello, you both admit you were young and stubborn. You leave on friendly terms. But aren't texting or FB friends.

Six months later would people start speculating that you were going to divorce your pregnant wife and your high school flame (who is also pregnant) was going to divorce her husband.......and the two of you were going to get married, and probably leave the two new babies with the people you are divorcing?

But if your ex was much sexier than your new frumpy wife you'd be tempted to have one last fuck for old times sake.

I just listened to the trunk podcast, just to get a feel for myself, and here are my thoughts; for one, some of you are so quick to turn all negative. I've read "it's not happening because trunk talked to Slash's manager, no reunion." that's not at all what was said. My feeling is that it's far to early in the process to say yes a reunion is happening or no it's not. But clearly things have changed, which is all we can ask for at the moment. I agree with Trunk, I do think a reunion is going to happen, maybe next year, but then again maybe not. The timing has to be right for everyone involved, and clearly slash has some stuff going on at the moment. So perhaps 2 years might be the earliest it happens.But Those of you that are trying to turn the podcast in to some sort of confirmation that it's not happening are being ridiculous. A reunion is so big that it's not something that is just going to be introduced to the public in such a fashion. Some sort of official press release will be made, or perhaps they will hold an actual press conference. But bottom line, it's not something that Eddie Trunk is going to get the scoop on for his podcast. Managers and agents lie all the time, they are going to do that to get the press of of their tracks.A reunion is happening, we just have to patient...

Quoted for truth ;) Edited by Mao5

It was one of the many interview Duff did while promoting his new book. Check on google I think you can find it there

How can anyone not want to throw away what you ahve been working for the last 20 years, disappoint your band mates, and reunite with someone you don't like for that kind of money? It would be insane!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::facepalm:
How can anybody work on something 20 years without releasing it while most of your "band mates" leave because they're so disappointed with that situation.

And how can someone reunite with his old mates which are responsible for all the success you ever had? Impossible to think of, right?

I'm with Soul Monster and Apollo here because I don't believe a reunion is in the works. Unfortunately.

But some things I have to read here is delusional and blind Axl-fanboyism.

Edited by Free Bird

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::facepalm:
How can anybody work on something 20 years without releasing it while most of your "band mates" leave because they're so disappointed with that situation.

And how can someone reunite with his old mates which are responsible for all the success you ever had? Impossible to think of, right?

I'm with Soul Monster and Apollo here because I don't believe a reunion is in the works. Unfortunately.

But some things I have to read here is delusional and blind Axl-fanboyism.

Beware of the sunk cost fallacy. :wow:

Where's Fernando!? I feel like this would be a great opportunity to shed some light on the situation.

All he has to say is "Guns N Roses is moving forward with a new guitarist, Slash is not in the plans, and hasn't been for a while. I will not clarify any statements that Slash has made, that is between him and Axl. My job is Guns N Roses and all I can say is we are working on stuff and will let you know when it is ready"

Instead we have all this speculation. People are ready to toss CD2 for the reunion. People are already saving money for the reunion shows. Essentially this silence has led to the demise of nugnr and has given life to the original band.

I'm for the reunion! But I won't be sad if we get CD2 soon. I'd love to hear anything from Axl, but in my opinion the silence on this situation has gone on longer than I ever imagined anyone from gnr would allow it to. Have they even done any social media lately? I've seen nothing.

I'm starting to believe Slash is back in the mix. Possibly negotiation stages already. I'm not crazy I promise, just trying to rationalize why gnr has gone completely quiet.

Edited by IncitingChaos

Where's Fernando!? I feel like this would be a great opportunity to shed some light on the situation.

He is too busy to spend 10 seconds confirming/denying any rumours due to his girlfriends being pregnant. I can relate, I too couldn't do any work for the combined 18 months my wife was pregnant.

All he has to say is "Guns N Roses is moving forward with a new guitarist, Slash is not in the plans, and hasn't been for a while. I will not clarify any statements that Slash has made, that is between him and Axl. My job is Guns N Roses and all I can say is we are working on stuff and will let you know when it is ready"

Instead we have all this speculation. People are ready to toss CD2 for the reunion. People are already saving money for the reunion shows. Essentially this silence has led to the demise of nugnr and has given life to the original band.

I'm for the reunion! But I won't be sad if we get CD2 soon. I'd love to hear anything from Axl, but in my opinion the silence on this situation has gone on longer than I ever imagined anyone from gnr would allow it to. Have they even done any social media lately? I've seen nothing.

I'm starting to believe Slash is back in the mix. Possibly negotiation stages already. I'm not crazy I promise, just trying to rationalize why gnr has gone completely quiet.

* despite being the Fermanager, I doubt it's Fernando's place to talk about that stuff.

*People have been ready to toss NuGNR/CD/CD II for a reunion since day one- even though I like a lot of the songs from Chinese Democracy and certain eras of Axl's GNR the truth of the matter is that the whole thing has been a failure.

We're not building up to anything here, the last 5 years in particular have been atrocious and besides maybe 06/07 tour, everything before it (while again, I liked it) could in the end be best described as a trainwreck.

*I'm all for CD II/releasing the vault too but let's be honest, there is no glorious future for NuGNR. I think it's time to put it to rest and get the real deal back.

• Like 1