Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

I don't think Axl or his management owes anyone a statement on any of this really. Let people have fun with it and speculate. Just wait it out and see what happens. Before any reunion we would be lucky to see Axl and Slash do a song together at some random event or something.

Why is it always about them owing someone something? It's called public relations and functioning like normal. Of course they won't behave that way so whatever. I don't think there's much to gauge from them because of the silence. They admittedly sat on the news of BBF officially leaving for a year. There is no telling with these guys.

Well it was perhaps leaving the door open for Bumblefoot to return if he wanted.

I don't think Axl or his management owes anyone a statement on any of this really. Let people have fun with it and speculate. Just wait it out and see what happens. Before any reunion we would be lucky to see Axl and Slash do a song together at some random event or something.

Why is it always about them owing someone something? It's called public relations and functioning like normal. Of course they won't behave that way so whatever. I don't think there's much to gauge from them because of the silence. They admittedly sat on the news of BBF officially leaving for a year. There is no telling with these guys.

Well it was perhaps leaving the door open for Bumblefoot to return if he wanted.

So then why did the door suddenly slam shut once DJ left? That is the question.

It saddens me to see fans post their fury at the illogical nature of Axl Rose.

This is who he has always been. It's a sheer miracle that GNR lasted as long as it did in the first place. Axl has always been so incredibly vital and also so incredibly damaging to this band.

If Axl had the power he wields now but in 1987, you can bet that AFD would never even have been released.

So, don't expect anything logical out of him. There will be no reunion, no press tour, no official statement. Ever.

• Like 2

It saddens me to see fans post their fury at the illogical nature of Axl Rose.

This is who he has always been. It's a sheer miracle that GNR lasted as long as it did in the first place. Axl has always been so incredibly vital and also so incredibly damaging to this band.

If Axl had the power he wields now but in 1987, you can bet that AFD would never even have been released.

So, don't expect anything logical out of him. There will be no reunion, no press tour, no official statement. Ever.

what do they say about never saying never?

Well,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWsRy5FtWBM

Well,

Huh?

Well,

Huh?

Performances like this that aired on TV is why the DOOR WAS SLAMMED SHUT!!!

Well, if they DO put out a new album I think that a reworked version of The General would sound just like classic GnR with the addition of Slash and Duff's melodic basslines.

You've heard the general? If you have that might be a reasonable comment. If you've just heard the rumored to be intro of the general which they used for some of the live shows... I don't know what to say!

Slash and Duff and Izzy could help make any of the less good songs on CD II into better more accessible songs, but my guess would be that if a reunion happened and they went into the studio, they would not be working on CD II material, just material that they wrote together.

MAYBE! if CD II release plans got scrapped indefinitely, Axl could try and get some of his favourite songs from the sessions onto the hypothetical album, reworked by the rest of the guys of course. Guns have worked with outside writers before so that wouldn't be too far fetched an idea, but maybe a fully fledged Slash, Axl, Duff, Izzy, Dizzy and whatever drummer album would be a stronger statement. As many people on here have said a lot of people care not for CD II... I know that I really want to hear it but I'm not in the majority.

I would be quite surprised if Axl put the old band back together before he releases the next album, we'll have to wait and see as it's only a matter of time before someone in the GnR camp old or new does an interview denying or acknowledging the potential reunion.

And what exactly makes you think it's legit? Apart from the groundbreaking piano lines which can only be the work of our genius Dizzy Reed and the unmistakable voice of Axl Rose.

Edited by EvH
  • Like 1

Well,

Huh?

What does that have to do with the door being left open for BBF to return like you said? :blink:

Well,

i swear it hurts so bad that i can never go for more than 2 seconds :lol:

Well,

Huh?

What does that have to do with the door being left open for BBF to return like you said? :blink:

Because Bumblefoot is talented.

I can picture a Some Kind Of Monster type situation with loads of lawyers and head doctors trying to get the guys together. I gotta admit I thought it was pretty sad how Jason Newstead left Metallica he thought it was complete bullshit and he's right how a bunch of guys making music, having fun twenty plus years ago can't co-exist and hit a stage without the bullshit legal deal. I feel this could be a major hurdle for a reunion, it's the people that surround wealthy people, the lawyers on speed dial giving advice and what to avoid and potentially filling people's head full of shit. Marc Canter has the best idea to take it back to the beginning.

Well,

Huh?

Because Bumblefoot is talented.

Okkkkk.....

Back to my original point: If they were quiet for the whole year BBF was out of the band because they were leaving the door open for him to return, why slam that door closed when Ashba left and THEN decide to say BBF is out? (rhetorical for those that can understand it)

- Duff says he'd be lying if he said he and Axl haven't talked about a reunion.

- DJ formally quits the band

- GnR sources finally confirm Ron is out

- Ron says the difference why he coldn't announce his departure and DJ could was timing

- Slash says he and Axl have dispelled the negative energy and it was long over due and it's very cool right now

- Slash very quickly asked to change subjects away from the reunion when in the past he'd have given a diplomatic answer

- Neither Axl and his camp or Slash and his camp have done anything to shoot down the hype surrounding this latest "revelation"

Yup. Nothing is happening. It's just the imagination of the "reunionists". They are the delusional ones in denial setting themselves up for disappointment

Oh and there's that 100 million dollars or so that would be on the table if a reunion were to take place.

If I could give this post a 100,000,000 likes, I would. Couldn't have put it better. Where there's smoke, there's usually a fire.
Why are you trying so hard to get people to agree with you?

Bottom line is that none of us know anything beyond what Slash said. He said that some of the beefs have been squashed. But that he hadn't talked to Axl for awhile.

That's it.

Slash is touring this year and said he is working on his next solo album

Axl says he has two albums completed. That CD was a double or triple album.

Fortus, stintson, frank and Pittman have all talked about the future with GnR. None of those guys have shown (or said) that they are out of the band.

And there is no way that a secret that big can remain silent.

Not trying anything, just commenting. Why are you trying to win an argument you've already lost?

- argument I've already lost. How old are you?

Please explain to me what exactly I've lost.

Let me know what statements or actions Axl, team Brazil or Slash have done that says there is a reunion on the horizon.

And please let me know specifically which points I made that are incorrect.

So that's what you're butthurt about? No one can confirm a reunion is on the horizon for sure, but if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks, etc.

The fact Axl and Slash are speaking shows that there's very little holding it back..sometimes the best reponse is no response and everyone will be quiet until they're ready to announce something. Why would they leak it now? So although the proof isn't as substantial as some may wish, you don't have much of a leg to stand on yourself.

Edited by Billsfan