Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

But what is CD:2 sounds better than a reunion album?

Exactly zero people believe that is possible or are worried about that right now.
I very much doubt that. Considering we have no idea if Axl & Slash talked.
Orher than the very 1st post we have no idea if they talked.

Nothing important, but he is laughing and looks like he's enjoying telling that story. He even calls him Slash. I'm not saying anything, i know that he called him a cancer two years before this video..

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 1

These reunion rumors have been around for a very long time. The band doesn't need to go out there and clarify all the BS being spread by a bunch of bored douches.

You think the departure of 2 nugnr guitarists coupled with the news of Slash and Axl mending fences is nothing and just BS spread by bored douches? You smell angry.

Edited by Rustycage

So wait...if CD 2 is the other half of CD then we haven't even heard CD yet! We can't judge a movie by the first half of a 16 chapter book by its first 8 chapters!

Drop the reunion! Let's find out what happens.

We can judge it in the same way that, say, we could have judged UYI 1 if UYI 2 never came out.

This is a good example imo, cause stylistically Axl said Chinese 1 and 2 are similar, and Illusions are similar to one another and it makes sense cause Illusions are one record, and Chinese 1 and 2 are one record. Both double albums.

So...if I only had UYI 1 to listen to, I'd probably get the picture, but not all of it. I would have November Rain, but not Estranged. Don't Damn Me and Coma, but not You Could Be Mine and Civil War.

Are there songs on CD ll that are in the caliber of There Was A Time, Catcher, Better, Street Of Dreams? hopefully we'll know next year or the year after that.

UYI 1 is wayyyyyyy different than UYI 2. Atleast in my opinion 1 appeals to the harder rock side while 2 appeals to a softer rock. Obviously there are exceptions on each album, but that's how I've always viewed them. I think UYI2 is better. The songs are more complete if that makes sense? My world sucks but the rest is great. 1 was great too but like I said its a bit rougher. I just see them as complete opposites. That's what I like about them, but everyone hears it different so that's cool too. Edited by IncitingChaos

UYI 1 is wayyyyyyy different than UYI 2. Atleast in my opinion 1 appeals to the harder rock side while 2 appeals to a softer rock. Obviously there are exceptions on each album, but that's how I've always viewed them. I think UYI2 is better. The songs are more complete if that makes sense? My world sucks but the rest is great. 1 was great too but like I said its a bit rougher. I just see them as complete opposites. That's what I like about them, but everyone hears it different so that's cool too.

Actually, no. They are similar, like I've previously said. There is more versatility in Chinese compared to the Illusions.

Shackler's and This I Love on the same album. Doesn't matter what you think of the songs and the quality, the styles are wayyyyy different.

UYI: don't cry original lyrics and don't cry alternative

November Rain and Estranged

Dust N' Bones and 14 Years.

I have no reason to believe CD ll won't be different enough compared to Chinese. Axl said it's meaner, darker which suggests it will have it's own character, but will be similar in approach and sound.

Illusions also had a very consistent production. Not versatile at all. On Chinese, it's like every song got it's own production style almost.

I expect it to largely sound like Chinese, only heavier you know... maybe it will rock harder and have more new themes lyrically like Catcher for example. Song titles suggest that, but that's only my guess.

Edited by Rovim

Nothing important, but he is laughing and looks like he's enjoying telling that story. He even calls him Slash. I'm not saying anything, i know that he called him a cancer two years before this video..

Yeah this video has always been interesting to me in how nonchalant Axl reminisced on fun memories with Slash. He shows no animosity towards Slash in the video

He's smiling and laughing a lot and telling jokes. Looks to be in a good mood.

boy does that sound familiar

In regards to the talk of CD2 personally I'd like to hear it. I don't think it'd be anything great, it'd just be nice to hear "new" material. Saying that though, it shouldn't be Axls main focus. If anything just put it on Spotify as an exclusive and leave it at that. I think from here on the main goal should be to reunite with Slash Duff & Izzy in the studio and put serious work in to making a killer album. As for the drummer I just don't know if having Adler back would be the wisest move due to his personal health especially if they do actually tour together again..

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yEZMwyZlwA

Yeah this video has always been interesting to me in how nonchalant Axl reminisced on fun memories with Slash. He shows no animosity towards Slash in the video
He was excited to tell a story about Slash passing out and pissing himself, then stealing his women. Sounds fun for Axl Edited by IncitingChaos

He was excited to tell a story about Slash passing out and pissing himself, then stealing his women. Sounds fun for Axl

But Slash talked in his book about Tommy Lee tea bagging him with his balls. He didn't mind it that much in retrospect. He was asleep while it took place.

He was also asleep and covered with pee when Axl stole women. And let's not talk about stealing, shall we? 15 years of Axl's life he stole. And what about Izzy? he peed on a plane high. And was a drug dealer.

My point is it's silly to criticize these men when you consider Appetite captured the way they lived. In the jungle there are animals.

What do you expect them to do? they were young and wild, and took what they could get. You hassle your way to success. Any kind of success. I think that's what it was like for them.

Slash wasn't exactly a role model either.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

He was excited to tell a story about Slash passing out and pissing himself, then stealing his women. Sounds fun for Axl

But Slash talked in his book about Tommy Lee tea bagging him with his balls. He didn't mind it that much in retrospect. He was asleep while it took place.

He was also asleep and covered with pee when Axl stole women. And let's not talk about stealing, shall we? 15 years of Axl's life he stole. And what about Izzy? he peed on a plane high. And was a drug dealer.

My point is it's silly to criticize these men when you consider Appetite captured the way they lived. In the jungle there are animals.

What do you expect them to do? they were young and wild, and took what they could get. You hassle your way to success. Any kind of success. I think that's what it was like for them.

Slash wasn't exactly a role model either.

No your missing the point. Axl is using Slash's passive aggressiveness to make fun of Slash. I don't care one way or the other if Slash pissed himself, but Axl didn't choose this story bc he was reminiscing on the good times with Slash. He was telling this story to say how messed up Slash was at times. How Slash couldn't handle himself.

No your missing the point. Axl is using Slash's passive aggressiveness to make fun of Slash. I don't care one way or the other if Slash pissed himself, but Axl didn't choose this story bc he was reminiscing on the good times with Slash. He was telling this story to say how messed up Slash was at times. How Slash couldn't handle himself.

I didn't see bitterness at all. It's like Slash telling the Axl falling asleep on Grandma's chair story on Letterman. And jumping out of a car while it was still going fairly fast just cause he was offended by Slash's polite request to let grandma rest.

And remember, Axl didn't tell it on tv or in an interview. It was just a few fans, hanging out, drinking. He was in a good mood and cracking jokes, and then he told a Slash story. Context is important.

But maybe you're right, and it didn't indicate progress, but even if it was a story that mocked Slash, it seemed like a safe way to be nostalgic in connection to Slash.

If that's true, that means that Axl was less angry and bitter when he told Slash's pee story. I'm probably reading too much into it.

My best guess is Axl remembered a funny story that happened to include Slash, and he was capable of telling it despite his hatred and bitterness. Maybe those emotions subsided.

Why would you tell a lighthearted story when there's an element in it that ruins the whole thing for you? maybe cause it doesn't.

Edited by Rovim

I think its the other way round, only a few die hards are actually that unsatisfied by CD musically.

Chi dem

Better

SOD

TIL

Twat

Catcher

Madagascar

are all fine for most GNR fans.

A reunion is about things other than music. Its about what is seen as the real GNR and a place that those guys hold in our hearts.

but a reunion is something exciting and would be cool for everyone. It's almost inescapable. It's just a creative black hole.

We know there are dangers involved with Steven and Axl. So maybe a controlled environment like Vegas where they can be more comfortable. There will be pressures on a full world tour.

But who knows maybe they are happy to stay just under the radar. It just seems like it's never going away. They might as well just put out a Best of and tour somekind of reunion line up. Just to clear the air.

But I think they all can have a career and audience without it.

• Like 2

- Duff says he'd be lying if he said he and Axl haven't talked about a reunion.

- DJ formally quits the band

- GnR sources finally confirm Ron is out

- Ron says the difference why he coldn't announce his departure and DJ could was timing

- Slash says he and Axl have dispelled the negative energy and it was long over due and it's very cool right now

- Slash very quickly asked to change subjects away from the reunion when in the past he'd have given a diplomatic answer

- Neither Axl and his camp or Slash and his camp have done anything to shoot down the hype surrounding this latest "revelation"

Yup. Nothing is happening. It's just the imagination of the "reunionists". They are the delusional ones in denial setting themselves up for disappointment

Oh and there's that 100 million dollars or so that would be on the table if a reunion were to take place.

If I could give this post a 100,000,000 likes, I would. Couldn't have put it better. Where there's smoke, there's usually a fire.
Why are you trying so hard to get people to agree with you?

Bottom line is that none of us know anything beyond what Slash said. He said that some of the beefs have been squashed. But that he hadn't talked to Axl for awhile.

That's it.

Slash is touring this year and said he is working on his next solo album

Axl says he has two albums completed. That CD was a double or triple album.

Fortus, stintson, frank and Pittman have all talked about the future with GnR. None of those guys have shown (or said) that they are out of the band.

And there is no way that a secret that big can remain silent.

Not trying anything, just commenting. Why are you trying to win an argument you've already lost?
- argument I've already lost. How old are you?

Please explain to me what exactly I've lost.

Let me know what statements or actions Axl, team Brazil or Slash have done that says there is a reunion on the horizon.

And please let me know specifically which points I made that are incorrect.

So that's what you're butthurt about? No one can confirm a reunion is on the horizon for sure, but if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks, etc.

The fact Axl and Slash are speaking shows that there's very little holding it back..sometimes the best reponse is no response and everyone will be quiet until they're ready to announce something. Why would they leak it now? So although the proof isn't as substantial as some may wish, you don't have much of a leg to stand on yourself.

Are you capable of having an adult conversation? Serious question.

Fuck off with your butthurt comments. We disagree on something. If I'm "butthurt" that would mean you are as well, since you are engaging in the debate. Stick to the topic and leave the idiotic crap off to the side.

So I just state the actual facts and you say I don't have a leg to stand on. You state speculations based on your duck comparison and think that makes your assumptions correct? Wow.

So when specifically did Axl and Slash talk? For how long? What did they work out? How often do they chat? When was the last time they talked?

Would you say their "plan" to keep this potentially amazing and game changing news secret has worked? Do you agree with the strategy? If some random fan like you has the entire secret plan all figured out, then why continue keeping it a secret?

Must be interesting to live in a world where somebody thinks that speculation is fact.

. Just talking is a win for all the fans.

Why?

In reality these are two strangers to us. You will never be friends with them. Never hang out with them. So if a friendship doesn't equate to a reunion album and tour then why is it a win for us that they talked to each other? If they text each other three times a year how is that a win for your life?

Lmao :lol: God you need help..and BUTTHURT. Listen, it really does satisfy me to know that I've gotten to you, and you're angry. Classic. You're welcome.

You can argue all you want but clearly I'm the only adult here. Get the last word in all you want, unfrotunately it doesn't prove maturity. All you've proven is that you're desperate to start a fight with a "random" fan like me, over the internet and name call. Name calling someone you don't know...how very mature.

Back to the topic, I don't have any insider information. Like it or not, neither do you. I've made my case that I would like to believe that there are things going on behind the scenes, but who knows? Getting Axl and Slash to speak finally puts us closer to a reunion now more than ever,and like it or not, I'm right since no one is really denying anything. So no one is admitting to anything, but usually there is denial from all camps involved. Right now, silence. When you provide me with evidence that nothing is in the works I'll take you seriously but until then, you're wasting your energy on me. But I do get off on the attention so please, continue ;)

It showed me how much Axl did love and miss him deep down...a lot of anti-trust and hatred between the two seemed to put a dark cloud over it. I think no question that things between the two are fixable if given the opportunity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yEZMwyZlwA

He's smiling and laughing a lot and telling jokes. Looks to be in a good mood.

Yep...and then mommy swoops in and ends it. The old Axl woulda told her to fuck off....the pussy Axl caves and ends discussion.

I dont see him telling that story as mocking. Alot of the stories me and my buddies tell people about each other are in that fashion. Your drunk, kind of embarassing moments. They are great times in hindsight no matter the humilty. They make great stories of reminisance. Even when i had a falling out with one of my best friends, i always looked back at the crazy times like that in fondness, no matter our current relationship at the time.

• Like 1