Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

Axl's refusal to ever communicate with Slash again was what made him "real" compared to others in the business, it showed he wasn't dictated by money and fame. Everything about his personality is up for debate for now. Very disappointing.

Sure dude. That's why Duff and Slash leaved and Axl took the name.

I always assumed Axl took the name because he viewed himself as GNR, not for cash.

Real GNR was never a one man show.
it never was but for a singer it's easier to label himself als THE main man or something Because most bands don't work that well with a much different singer, look at Crue they made one album with corabi and it's a pretty good album but nobody cared cause Vince wasn't on it.. Even if corabi is a better singer. Same goes for kiss, it still works for the fans as long as gene and Paul are in there, also Because they sing most of the bands repertoire. As for Iron Maiden, they became big only after Bruce joined and when he was out for a few years,Maiden wasn't doing it that well either... Black Sabbath,they reunite with ozzy and bam! There you have a New kickass Black Sabbath album like it should be, would it have worked without ozzy? No man.
Black Sabbath have great albums without Ozzy, ACDC had two very successful singers, but however, that was not my point.

Axl knew very well keeping the name meant more money, bigger venues, bigger selling numbers. Axl as a solo artist would have to start from zero so everybody who says he didn't it for the money is naive, IMO.

I never said he didn't do it for the money man, just trying to picture a perspective on singers and how their point of view might be in situations like axl's but it isn't only for money its also Because it is the only thing hè ever had for his own you know? The only thing hè could have a grip on i think that hassomething to do with it as well as we all know how his life went and how it affected him blablabla

I just listened to Breakdown blasting on my speakers at home. I'm totally ready for a reunion.

In all honesty though, as I was listening to Breakdown and imagining them all back on stage again, its still very hard for me to picture Axl going back. I know it doesn't have to be painted this way, but it does kind of render the last 20 years useless. And its not like that has to be harped on, but for a guy like Axl thats lived through that, I still almost feel like he wouldn't do a reunion just cause enough people somewhere are gonna think that. Maybe I'm crazy, but he's been so "stick to his guns" with this new band that even if it ends very naturally right now like it seems like it might be, it almost seems unlike Axl to return with Slash and those guys which is essentially admitting that.

Maybe I'm crazy. I'm trying to get in the mind of a crazy person like Axl and see if there's anyway he did a reunion that it wouldn't harp on him and really eat away at him that he progressed very little in the last 20 years. That just seems like something that would bug him enough that he'd never want to reunite.

• Like 1

Axl

Slash

Duff

Izzy / Gilby / Richard

Matt / Steven

Dizzy

Any combination of that. The rest can fuck off. Pitman is completely pointless and useless and GnR aren't going to keep Frank over Matt if Duff and Slash come back.

Oh I forgot to check. Is it still way too early to speculate about a reunion? :hahafyou:

• Like 1

If it's not Sorum or Adler, I'd rather Brent Fitz over Frank Ferrer

Me too. But Fitz hasn't had anything to do with GN'R to be honest. Frank at least was in NuGN'R, so I'm guessing he's the obvious choice between those two

I'm with you guys.. Adler is by far my number one choice but if he can't do it I would take Fitz 100 times over Frank.. I HATE what he does to the classic Guns songs.. He butchers them.. It sgould really be up to the guys in the band that have to play with him. It would effect them the most, not the singer. Fitz just seems to have the feel.

Adler>>>>Fitz>Sorum>some bum off the street>frank..

They will reunite in 2017 for the 30th anniversary of AFD. It will eb their last hurrah. This gives the old band time to rework CD2 and it also gives them all time to record some new songs together and release a double album to coincide with the remasterd AFD and then world tour. THE END.

Axl

Slash

Duff

Izzy / Gilby / Richard

Matt / Steven

Dizzy

Any combination of that. The rest can fuck off. Pitman is completely pointless and useless and GnR aren't going to keep Frank over Matt if Duff and Slash come back.

Oh I forgot to check. Is it still way too early to speculate about a reunion? :hahafyou:

Love it...although add Dick to the "others" category. And Dizzy....whatever.

Axl

Slash

Duff

Izzy / Gilby / Richard

Matt / Steven

Dizzy

I agree with this for the most part

Any of these combination would be awesome. At least 4 out of the 5 originals or Gilby....

Axl - Must have

Slash - Must have

Duff -Must have

Izzy would be a dream come true but Gilby would be my next choice

Steven would be my dream too.. After that fitz then matt.

If Izzy and Gilby aren't involved it could still be really cool if Adler was there..

The bare minimum would be Axl, Slash and Duff with Fortus.. Wouldn't be nearly as good and would really be hard to call it a Guns N Roses reunion but could still be cool enough

Izzy will be there I think. He's said in the past he'd be up for it if it was a real reunion so I'd put money on him being involved. Especially knowing what kind of pay day it would be and knowing that in all liklihood it would be their last hurrah.

Axl

Slash

Duff

Izzy

Matt / Steven

Dizzy.

• Like 1

NuGnR 2015

Vocals - Axl Rose

Drums - Frank Ferrer

Guitar - Richard Fortus

Keyboards - Dizzy Reed

Keyboards and some shit - Chris Pitman

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

It isn't a reunion unless they have the guy screaming out before the concert:
"YOU WANTED THE BEST? WELL THEY DIDN'T FUCKIN' MAKE IT. SO HERE'S WHAT YOU GET...FROM HOLLYWOOD...GUNS....N'....ROSES!!!"

OF ALL THE BANDS IN THE WORLD, THIS IS DEFINITELY ONE OF THEM!! FROM HOLLYWOOD.... GUNS.... N'.....ROSES!!!!!

Izzy will be there I think. He's said in the past he'd be up for it if it was a real reunion so I'd put money on him being involved. Especially knowing what kind of pay day it would be and knowing that in all liklihood it would be their last hurrah.

Axl

Slash

Duff

Izzy

Matt / Steven

Dizzy.

Steven/Matt!!!!! ;)

It isn't a reunion unless they have the guy screaming out before the concert:

"YOU WANTED THE BEST? WELL THEY DIDN'T FUCKIN' MAKE IT. SO HERE'S WHAT YOU GET...FROM HOLLYWOOD...GUNS....N'....ROSES!!!"

He wouldn't be too hard to find.. He still announces Slash's shows... Pretty sure that is him anyway

Doesn't make sense that the band will work together ever again.

Axl stopped attending band rehearsals in the early 90s. THE EARLY 90s!

Do you really think this group of seasoned pros (Slash, Duff, Matt) will be OK with rehearsing on their own and then going to the gig and not even knowing if Axl is going to show up?

Because that's how it would go. Axl isn't suddenly going to turn a corner and start rehearsing with a band of equals. People change for the worse as they age, not for the better..

Yeah Axl assembling an entirely new band or getting everyone in nugnr back is more likley. Deny the reunion all you want.

I think it's far more likely that he's just done. I wish it weren't so (hell, I wish nuShit never happened in the first place), but I can't see it any other way :(

• Like 2

Because that's how it would go. Axl isn't suddenly going to turn a corner and start rehearsing with a band of equals. People change for the worse as they age, not for the better..

True, although literally every single member of the band has changed for the better. At least the two big ones being Slash and Duff who are a million times more stable now. I agree its hard to see Axl changing, and no matter what a reunion will require the most from him. Its all in his hands and unfortunately I don't think he's up for the challenge/has enough of a desire to cave so much.

Also, in response to Brent, yeah I love Brent and think he's an excellent drummer. But if you think Axl is going to ditch his main band AND get Slash's solo band drummer then I think you're forgetting the Axl we're talking about here. You really think Axl is going to bent over backwards that much? No way. At least Steven and Matt make sense cause of the history. And Fortus or Frank make sense because at least it gives Axl some vestige of his "new band". Even if Brent's better, there's no way he's rejoining with his old bandmates and then taking the drummer of the old bandmate he hated most. Thats a pipe dream, even though I think Brent would kill at the gig.

I hate to say it but Axl assembling a new lineup isn't far fetched. Yeah, it would be a huge let down, but why would it be a "stupid" move in his eyes? Its no different to the casual fans which make up the crowd at shows who plays with Axl in a non- classic lineup.

I hate to say it but Axl assembling a new lineup isn't far fetched. Yeah, it would be a huge let down, but why would it be a "stupid" move in his eyes? Its no different to the casual fans which make up the crowd at shows who plays with Axl in a non- classic lineup.

It doesn't make much sense to let go BBF, Ashba and Stinson just to hire a new bunch of replacements. I can't see it at this point in time. Nugnr has run its course.