Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

Be honest, none of Chi Dem songs would have ever msmade on ANY GNR record

I think that's abit unfair to say, there's a few songs from the original line up that ain't exactly masterpieces but made the cut. If My World can make the cut I don't see why something like Better couldn't.

• Like 1

BH looks like an idiot but Axl was even more of an idiot when he hired him. That freak show was doomed to failure.

Anyway, I didn't like how BH played the AFD music. The only good thing he did with Axl was the TWAT solo, but I'm sure Slash would have written a better one.

Define "better."

a song from cd

lol but no bashing bh was a pretty dumb idea

I think that things have to be seen in context.

To be honest, I don't really like BH, I don't like his persona, I'm not a big fan of his playing style, etc. But I can recognize that he ranks pretty high with his guitar skills and technique. He seemed the right choice for what Axl's vision was at the time.

I'm not big on reading interviews, so I don't know for sure what Axl was trying to accomplish, but judging by the music released (as live performances) at the time, I get the idea that he was aiming at a more industrial approach to his music.

Talking about industrial, FUCK, I'd love a collaboration between Trent Reznor and Axl. Maybe have Reznor produce a couple songs... man that would be insane.

Oh my god with Trent involved would be GNR meets NIN Wish, it would sound pretty fucking amazing.

But there's a lot of VR, Slash solo, Izzy solo which could be worked as GNR.

I think if Slash played on SOD, TWAT, Catcher, TIL they would be accepted as GNR songs - especially surrounded by songs like Sucker Train Blues, Slither, Fall To Pieces, Ain't That a Bitch, Parasite, Time Gone By, Standing in the Sun, Annatasia, Automatic Overdrive, Safari Inn.

Does Garden of Eden sounding anything like Nov Rain or 14 Years really?

So I think Slither, Street of Dreams and Aint that a Bitch could be on the same GNR album.

But there's a lot of VR, Slash solo, Izzy solo which could be worked as GNR.

Edited by wasted

Buckethead is great, come on! His solo career is wonderful and I'm sure he's written some killer riffs for Axl to copy and paste and re-record with an inferior guitarist.

Slash with less than half of BH's technique was able to write timeless classics and become a legend. Something BH never did.

I listen to Buckethead's music much more than Slash's music but in GNR, Slash wins... Buckethead was never part of GNR anyway, he was part of Axl's solo project which he calls GNR.

Great post.

It must really hurt some fans that a 20-year-old former loser junkie completely whacked out of his mind was able to write timeless riffs and legendary solos that 1000-notes-per-second "virtuosos" could only dream of. :)

There were many fillers on UYI

When the highlights of CD are competing with UYI fillers....uhhhh. Bad Apples > all of CD

Music is all about personal preference.

I love those CD songs. And listen to them more than I listen to the majority of Illusions.

• Like 1

The only genuinely "bad" tracks on the UYIs are Get in the Ring and Shotgun Blues. Whereas on CD, every song except for Catcher, Better, TWAT, Shackler's and Rhiad is pretty damn mediocre. 9 songs out of 14 are easily filler and definitely forgettable.

• Like 1

The only genuinely "bad" tracks on the UYIs are Get in the Ring and Shotgun Blues. Whereas on CD, every song except for Catcher, Better, TWAT, Shackler's and Rhiad is pretty damn mediocre. 9 songs out of 14 are easily filler and definitely forgettable.

Again. It's all personal preference.

There are probably ten sons on the illusions that I haven't listened to in a decade. And Anything Goes. I think About You. Half of SI.

And how can you leave off Street of Dreams. It sounds like it was from the Illusions sessions.

There were many fillers on UYI

When the highlights of CD are competing with UYI fillers....uhhhh. Bad Apples > all of CD

Music is all about personal preference.

I love those CD songs. And listen to them more than I listen to the majority of Illusions.

You also have a strong appreciation for butt metal. :shrugs:

Music, like sex, is personal preference but that doesn't mean scat lovers aren't into shit. It's still shit.

anything goes gets a bad rap. I really like some of the lyrics to it, I find them to be quite creative. Now it's not imagine or something really prophetic, but come on...

"Pants around your knees with your ass in the breeze, doin that grind with the push and squeeze. Tied up tied down up against the wall, be my Rubbermaid baby you can do it all." I love that line, it's one of my favs on all of appetite. Honestly I'll take that verse over anything on CD and half of the illusions.

No it's not super insightful or anything, but it's a brilliant word play, as well as providing a perfect mental image. Isn't that the point of lyrics? The whole song itself, I would agree is one of the weaker moments in appetite, but that verse is brilliant.

• Like 2

Never experience a filler on a GNR record before.

To me these are fillers: Bad Apples, Shotgun Blues, My World, Anything Goes, You Ain't The First. All good, but just not really quite at the same level as the other songs, y'know?

Like always, these discussions are beyond stupid. It's completely a matter of personal taste.

Has nothing to do with the topic as well.

Back on topic: I feel Slash will be a good fit for what Axl is trying to do musically. I hope he'll audition and get the gig. A standard 2 year contract to see how it goes.

Like always, these discussions are beyond stupid. It's completely a matter of personal taste.

Back on topic: I feel Slash will be a good fit for what Axl is trying to do musically. I hope he'll audition and get the gig. A standard 2 year contract to see how it goes.

Audition for his own band and guitar parts?

Audition for his own band and guitar parts?

I guess the public apology will be enough.