Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

Axl was never as famous as Kanye West is. And Axl was never as much an asshole as Kanye was. He was more of a sonofabitch.

Axl Rose between the years of 1988 through 1994 was just as big, arguably bigger than Kanye West could ever dream of being. If you disagree, check the facts, more people bought albums back then. Music and music stars were more popular back in the 80s and 90s than arguably at anytime in human history. They were on magazines, mtv, and all over the radio. Today MTV barely even plays music, even mtv2 barely plays music. I just firmly beieve the music industry as a whole is nowhere near the level it was 30 years ago. Yes their are still stars, and Kayne is one of those, but 20 million people didn't buy his album, like they did for appetite. So clearly appetite was much more popular with the people.

Honestly I think Taylor Swift had the biggest album last year, and it barely sold a million copies. By comparison that would have been barely a blip on the music scene back then. Which yes illegal downloads do play a role, but even with those, the numbers are still not what they were. Times have changed, music is still relevant any important, it's just to a much smaller degree. Its probably because technology has given people so many different outlets. But whatever the reasosn, times have changed and music and musicians are just not nearly as important to people today.

Axl was never as famous as Kanye West is. And Axl was never as much an asshole as Kanye was. He was more of a sonofabitch.

Axl Rose between the years of 1988 through 1994 was just as big, arguably bigger than Kanye West could ever dream of being. If you disagree, check the facts, more people bought albums back then. Music and music stars were more popular back in the 80s and 90s than arguably at anytime in human history. They were on magazines, mtv, and all over the radio. Today MTV barely even plays music, even mtv2 barely plays music. I just firmly beieve the music industry as a whole is nowhere near the level it was 30 years ago. Yes their are still stars, and Kayne is one of those, but 20 million people didn't buy his album, like they did for appetite. So clearly appetite was much more popular with the people.

Honestly I think Taylor Swift had the biggest album last year, and it barely sold a million copies. By comparison that would have been barely a blip on the music scene back then. Which yes illegal downloads do play a role, but even with those, the numbers are still not what they were. Times have changed, music is still relevant any important, it's just to a much smaller degree. Its probably because technology has given people so many different outlets. But whatever the reasosn, times have changed and music and musicians are just not nearly as important to people today.

Thing is, Kanye is famous for being Kanye. He's practically his own brand. Axl was famous as the lead singer of Guns N' Roses.

If anyone in the history of GN'R is closest to Kanye West in terms of personality, it's DJ Ashba.

I don't think Slash will want to work that hard. Maybe they will understand what each do best though. Duff was praising Axl on his way to capture popular culture. You know the whistling and rants or sex noises. Maybe they didnt realise that what Axl pushes for actually works. Axl might respect Izzy's songwriting and be more sensitive to not over produce Slash's energy.

I was watching Kanyes lil rant at the vmas and how it blew up twitter and first thing I thought of was imagine if social media was around when Axl was at the top of pop culture. Axl would be breaking twitter after every show with a new crazy rant or getting arrested
Kanye West is this generation's Axl Rose.
No.

Thing is, Kanye is famous for being Kanye. He's practically his own brand. Axl was famous as the lead singer of Guns N' Roses.

If anyone in the history of GN'R is closest to Kanye West in terms of personality, it's DJ Ashba.

Mods, it might be time to start pulling the finger on the Ban Gun again. Miser is starting to lose it again. Edited by Apollo

If you can't see the comparison between Axl and Kanye, then I don't know what to tell you. If it's due to some bias towards Kanye and a refusal to acknowledge something you enjoy being compared to him, just remember plenty of folks feel the exact same about Axl for the exact same reasons.

So many misconceptions about Axl, so it's not really interesting at all what people have read about him in the media.

Just seeing interviews and stuff, it's pretty clear he aint the person media portrays him to be.

Neither is Kanye probably. Both got the asshole role. Like some chicks get the slut role or the diva role.

His wife is a groupie, she fucked her way into the public eyes. Who has there picture taken fully naked with the break the internet cover, a front & big booty shot if that person doesn't want attention? How the hell she became famous I'll never know...

Also what I'll never know Is how the hell did reunion chat get turned into Kanye/Kim chat? Kanye is not a rock star he is a rap superstar.

Be honest, none of Chi Dem songs would have ever msmade on ANY GNR record

Respectfully disagree.

Better. Catcher. Twat. Street of Dreams. Prostitute.

All would have easily fit in on the Illusions.

Not in the form they are in, they wouldn't make the Illusions.

Respectfully disagree.

I think you might be living in a sociopsychotic state of ignorance.

His wife is a groupie, she fucked her way into the public eyes. Who has there picture taken fully naked with the break the internet cover, a front & big booty shot if that person doesn't want attention? How the hell she became famous I'll never know...

Also what I'll never know Is how the hell did reunion chat get turned into Kanye/Kim chat? Kanye is not a rock star he is a rap superstar.

1446860_prid_416x312_01.jpg

'I don't even know why I would want to be on a label in a few years, because I don't think it's going to work by labels and by distribution systems in the same way,'' he said. ''The absolute transformation of everything that we ever thought about music will take place within 10 years, and nothing is going to be able to stop it. I see absolutely no point in pretending that it's not going to happen. I'm fully confident that copyright, for instance, will no longer exist in 10 years, and authorship and intellectual property is in for such a bashing.''

''Music itself is going to become like running water or electricity,'' he added. ''So it's like, just take advantage of these last few years because none of this is ever going to happen again. You'd better be prepared for doing a lot of touring because that's really the only unique situation that's going to be left. It's terribly exciting. But on the other hand it doesn't matter if you think it's exciting or not; it's what's going to happen.''

David Bowie, 2002.

Then we have Kanye saying he is the ultimate rock star. Yes, he is. In a world that Rock doesn't exists anymore in the mainstream system.

He's making money from whats left of the music industry, i can give him that. But he's not making art by any means or form. He's not fresh, not a pioneer, not original. He can't be better than the Fat Boys for example.

He's not an outlaw/rebel, he's the opposite of Marlon Brando. He can't disappear from the world even one week cos ppl will forget quick about him and the puppet masters will found another clown to replace him. He's what we deserve, cos we did not stopped the advertising machine in the 90's.

• Like 1

Respectfully disagree.

yeah because the production on those songs is so up to par with the Illusion songs. those heart felt guitar solos really compliment the the choppy arrangements and samples.

'I don't even know why I would want to be on a label in a few years, because I don't think it's going to work by labels and by distribution systems in the same way,'' he said. ''The absolute transformation of everything that we ever thought about music will take place within 10 years, and nothing is going to be able to stop it. I see absolutely no point in pretending that it's not going to happen. I'm fully confident that copyright, for instance, will no longer exist in 10 years, and authorship and intellectual property is in for such a bashing.''

''Music itself is going to become like running water or electricity,'' he added. ''So it's like, just take advantage of these last few years because none of this is ever going to happen again. You'd better be prepared for doing a lot of touring because that's really the only unique situation that's going to be left. It's terribly exciting. But on the other hand it doesn't matter if you think it's exciting or not; it's what's going to happen.''

David Bowie, 2002.

Then we have Kanye saying he is the ultimate rock star. Yes, he is. In a world that Rock doesn't exists anymore in the mainstream system.

He's making money from whats left of the music industry, i can give him that. But he's not making art by any means or form. He's not fresh, not a pioneer, not original. He can't be better than the Fat Boys for example.

He's not an outlaw/rebel, he's the opposite of Marlon Brando. He can't disappear from the world even one week cos ppl will forget quick about him and the puppet masters will found another clown to replace him. He's what we deserve, cos we did not stopped the advertising machine in the 90's.

Brilliant.

1446860_prid_416x312_01.jpg

tumblr_matvaonsax1qhbrnoo1_400.gif

Respectfully disagree.

yeah because the production on those songs is so up to par with the Illusion songs. those heart felt guitar solos really compliment the the choppy arrangements and samples.

I was trying to make a point about there being shit songs on the illusions by paraphrasing parts of the lyrics to My World. In other words, as far as quality of songs go, you could easily replace many songs off Illusions with songs off CD and end up with better records. But that is just my humble opinion. If you think each and every song on the Illusions are better than each and every song on CD, then that is a valid opinion.