Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

Because that's how it would go. Axl isn't suddenly going to turn a corner and start rehearsing with a band of equals. People change for the worse as they age, not for the better..

Also, in response to Brent, yeah I love Brent and think he's an excellent drummer. But if you think Axl is going to ditch his main band AND get Slash's solo band drummer then I think you're forgetting the Axl we're talking about here. You really think Axl is going to bent over backwards that much? No way. At least Steven and Matt make sense cause of the history. And Fortus or Frank make sense because at least it gives Axl some vestige of his "new band". Even if Brent's better, there's no way he's rejoining with his old bandmates and then taking the drummer of the old bandmate he hated most. Thats a pipe dream, even though I think Brent would kill at the gig.

If we're at the point where we are saying that Axl is up for a reunion, I don't think any of us can claim to make predictions of what he is and isn't open to...

Axl has always been one for making grand gestures so it wouldn't surprise me if he did accept Brent as a gesture to Slash

Yeah Axl assembling an entirely new band or getting everyone in nugnr back is more likley. Deny the reunion all you want.

Are you capable of making a post without sarcasm and hostility?

Are you capable of seeing reality?

I hate to say it but Axl assembling a new lineup isn't far fetched. Yeah, it would be a huge let down, but why would it be a "stupid" move in his eyes? Its no different to the casual fans which make up the crowd at shows who plays with Axl in a non- classic lineup.

It's one thing to plug in a new member when one leaves. It's another to replace almost everyone with more people the average fan hasn't heard of before.

I can't imagine he rebuilds from scratch again. I think it's either reunion or retirement. I've been wrong before and will be again, but that's how I see it.

I hate to say it but Axl assembling a new lineup isn't far fetched. Yeah, it would be a huge let down, but why would it be a "stupid" move in his eyes? Its no different to the casual fans which make up the crowd at shows who plays with Axl in a non- classic lineup.

It's one thing to plug in a new member when one leaves. It's another to replace almost everyone with more people the average fan hasn't heard of before.

I can't imagine he rebuilds from scratch again. I think it's either reunion or retirement. I've been wrong before and will be again, but that's how I see it.

Axl actually just made a statement yesterday regarding getting a new New band together:

"How do you rebuilt something that got so big and replace virtually every single person on the crew, every single thing. And how do you make a whole bunch of guys that are something else into something that already was? I don't know if its exactly been done like this. And not with the intensity of these players wanting to play the material."

So I guess they've already played a show or they just KILL at rehearsals (at least the ones at 7AM that Axl shows up to).

NuGnR 2015

Vocals - Axl Rose

Drums - Frank Ferrer

Guitar - Richard Fortus

Keyboards - Dizzy Reed

Keyboards and some shit - Chris Pitman

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

It isn't a reunion unless they have the guy screaming out before the concert:

"YOU WANTED THE BEST? WELL THEY DIDN'T FUCKIN' MAKE IT. SO HERE'S WHAT YOU GET...FROM HOLLYWOOD...GUNS....N'....ROSES!!!"

OF ALL THE BANDS IN THE WORLD, THIS IS DEFINITELY ONE OF THEM!! FROM HOLLYWOOD.... GUNS.... N'.....ROSES!!!!!
Aha this live intro was fucking ace.

I'm surprised by all the Gilby love. Id much rather have Fortus than Gilby. Gilby was an ok guy and all, but he was by far the most generic member of classic line up, even over dizzy imo. He just doesn't really bring anything to the table to get excited about, especially out of a guitar player for guns n roses. Honestly Ashba is probably a better guitar player. The only guitar player in guns history worse than Gilby was Paul.

Don't get me wrong, Izzy will always be my first choice. I just don't see him being a perminate touring member. I could see him help write a reunion album though. So if we need a touring Izzy replacement, fortus is a much better choice than gilby imo.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 1

1.5 million per gig.

Axl, Slash and Duff at least

This show has been "on sale" by big central promoters in Europe, to the ones in each country since a few months.

First heard of this through some contacts back in March / April.

All of our GNR-insiders are now coming out of the woodwork to let us know they knew of this months ago. Why didn't you tell us then,Broham? No offense but I'll wait for a more reliable source,Kid.

This.

It's always hilarious how these people can never reveal their high level sources.

What's the point on revealing the source? You don't know who the source is even if I tell you. I'm not going to reveal the identity of a good friend for your own personal satisfaction.

• Like 1

Axl actually just made a statement yesterday regarding getting a new New band together:

"How do you rebuilt something that got so big and replace virtually every single person on the crew, every single thing. And how do you make a whole bunch of guys that are something else into something that already was? I don't know if its exactly been done like this. And not with the intensity of these players wanting to play the material."

So I guess they've already played a show or they just KILL at rehearsals (at least the ones at 7AM that Axl shows up to).

Posting quotes from the 2002 VMA's and claiming it is new should be a bannable offense.

• Like 3

They will reunite in 2017 for the 30th anniversary of AFD. It will eb their last hurrah. This gives the old band time to rework CD2 and it also gives them all time to record some new songs together and release a double album to coincide with the remasterd AFD and then world tour. THE END.

I think as a full original band it could be the last hurrah, but I could see Axl-Slash-Duff continuing on to do something after.

They will reunite in 2017 for the 30th anniversary of AFD. It will eb their last hurrah. This gives the old band time to rework CD2 and it also gives them all time to record some new songs together and release a double album to coincide with the remasterd AFD and then world tour. THE END.

That sounds pretty logical.

My only issue is that it gives Axl basically two more years to screw off. Summer of 2017 would be two years and that's the last thing that Axl needs.

How about Axl release an EP of the final CD songs and then do a three month small club tour that's completely stripped down.

Acoustic. Piano. Small venues. Throw songs like breakdown and locomotive into along with nov rain, estranged, twat, etc.

Then get the old boys back together at the end of summer 2016 to get ready for an album and summer of 2017 tour. That gives the boys almost a year to write and record and get ready for tour.

1.5 million per gig.

Axl, Slash and Duff at least

This show has been "on sale" by big central promoters in Europe, to the ones in each country since a few months.

First heard of this through some contacts back in March / April.

All of our GNR-insiders ™ are now coming out of the woodwork to let us know they knew of this months ago. Why didn't you tell us then,Broham? No offense but I'll wait for a more reliable source,Kid.

This.

It's always hilarious how these people can never reveal their high level sources.

What's the point on revealing the source? You don't know who the source is even if I tell you. I'm not going to reveal the identity of a good friend for your own personal satisfaction.

It's not about personal satisfaction. It's about finding it humorous when all the "insiders" come out of the woodwork to make claims every so often. It always goes the same way; if something happens, they claim they knew about it. If nothing happens, then "plans changed".

BH looks like an idiot but Axl was even more of an idiot when he hired him. That freak show was doomed to failure.

Anyway, I didn't like how BH played the AFD music. The only good thing he did with Axl was the TWAT solo, but I'm sure Slash would have written a better one.

Define "better."

a song from cd

lol but no bashing bh was a pretty dumb idea

BH looks like an idiot but Axl was even more of an idiot when he hired him. That freak show was doomed to failure.

Anyway, I didn't like how BH played the AFD music. The only good thing he did with Axl was the TWAT solo, but I'm sure Slash would have written a better one.

Define "better."
"It depends on what is is"- Bill Clinton
  • Like 1