Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

The only genuinely "bad" tracks on the UYIs are Get in the Ring and Shotgun Blues. Whereas on CD, every song except for Catcher, Better, TWAT, Shackler's and Rhiad is pretty damn mediocre. 9 songs out of 14 are easily filler and definitely forgettable.

I like both Shotgun and Get In The Ring

Never experience a filler on a GNR record before.

My World, Scraped and Anything Goes disagree with you.

I wouldn't call Anything Goes filler either.. Some people may not like it as much as the rest of the album but it is still a damn good song...

• Like 1

I would go so far as to say anything goes is a better song than most of motley crues discography.

Lol

One - what does Motley Crüe have to do with it?

Two - music is all about personal preference.

Three - if the song is so awesome how come Axl has chosen to not perform it live over the last 25 years? Dude is playing three hour shows. Yet he never sneaks it in there? Over the last few years he brought back Yesterday's, estranged, civil war, crazy, use to love her, reckless life, several covers, and played every song off of CD....but never Anything Goes!!! He has chosen to play Scraped and Rhiad and numerous covers instead of AG!!!!

4. Not trying to argue!!! Like I've said. It is all just personal preference.

I would go so far as to say anything goes is a better song than most of motley crues discography.

Lol

Three - if the song is so awesome how come Axl has chosen to not perform it live over the last 25 years? Dude is playing three hour shows. Yet he never sneaks it in there? Over the last few years he brought back Yesterday's, estranged, civil war, crazy, use to love her, reckless life, several covers, and played every song off of CD....but never Anything Goes!!! He has chosen to play Scraped and Rhiad and numerous covers instead of AG!!!!

You say you are not trying to argue, yet your whole post is 1 long argument. If you read the fine print in my original post, I said "I would go so far as to say...." which pretty much implies it's just my opinion is it not? You don't have to agree with me, but again it is how I feel. I do feel that (except for 4 or 5 songs), anything goes is better than most of motleys entire discography. Which I was using them as a point of reference, I could just as easily thrown in bon jovi, ratt, or plenty of other bands from guns' era.

The only reason I even said anything is because I do feel that anything goes gets some unwarranted crap on this forum, so I decided to be the guy to stand up and defend it. It's a good sleazy little rock song, it's not the most brilliant piece of music ever written, but I would hardly call it crap. IMO thinking about you is the worst song on appetite, and is the only song on that album I would classify as filler. I stand by what I said earlier, I would take anything goes over about half of the illusions and most of CD. Back off bitch, shotgun blues, riad, and scraped are all MUCH shitter songs imo.

But again it's just MY opinion, in not trying to convert anyone here to islam, just defending anything goes.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

Lol

You say you are not trying to argue, yet your whole post is 1 long argument. If you read the fine print in my original post, I said "I would go so far as to say...." which pretty much implies it's just my opinion is it not? You don't have to agree with me, but again it is how I feel. I do feel that (except for 4 or 5 songs), anything goes is better than most of motleys entire discography. Which I was using them as a point of reference, I could just as easily thrown in bon jovi, ratt, or plenty of other bands from guns' era.

The only reason I even said anything is because I do feel that anything goes gets some unwarranted crap on this forum, so I decided to be the guy to stand up and defend it. It's a good sleazy little rock song, it's not the most brilliant piece of music ever written, but I would hardly call it crap. IMO thinking about you is the worst song on appetite, and is the only song on that album I would classify as filler. I stand by what I said earlier, I would take anything goes over about half of the illusions and most of CD. Back off bitch, shotgun blues, riad, and scraped are all MUCH shitter songs imo.

But again it's just MY opinion, in not trying to convert anyone here to islam, just defending anything goes.

So when I respond to you - I'm arguing. So that must mean you are arguing with me, since you are responding as well? Sounds dumb, doesn't it. I'm simply stating my opinion, just like you are.

Also. One big argument?

1 and 3 were questions.

2 and 4 are facts that can't be denied.

How is that an argument.

You like anything goes.

I think it sucks. And would take songs from all the bands you mentioned over it. Mötley Crüe has 30 songs better than it. - IMO.

But it doesn't really matter. For Pete's sakes. Music is PERSONAL PREFERENCE. We all like and dislike what we want.

What can actually be debated though is your statement that a song receivers unwarranted crap on this forum. How is it unwarranted? Because people don't like the same songs that you like?

If the majority of people don't like it, the. Maybe you are the one giving it unwarranted praise? Or is your opinion worth more than other posters?

Coma, Locomotive, DDM, OIAM, Reckless Life? Neither of them was choosen to be played live the past 25 years. They must suck ;) Edited by Free Bird

Like always, these discussions are beyond stupid. It's completely a matter of personal taste.

Has nothing to do with the topic as well.

Back on topic: I feel Slash will be a good fit for what Axl is trying to do musically. I hope he'll audition and get the gig. A standard 2 year contract to see how it goes.

When his name was in the hat, the hat turned into a top hat and snakes flew across the Denny's like Yellow King bats.
  • Like 1

I don't think Slash will want to work that hard. Maybe they will understand what each do best though. Duff was praising Axl on his way to capture popular culture. You know the whistling and rants or sex noises. Maybe they didnt realise that what Axl pushes for actually works. Axl might respect Izzy's songwriting and be more sensitive to not over produce Slash's energy.

Apollo,

Why do you always try to argue with me? I don't get it really. I never said your opinion was wrong did i? Yet you started this whole thing by being condescending. You said "lol" like my post was dumb. By doing that, you sir turned it into an argument. I answered all of your questions, and tried to find some even ground, but you just keep coming at me. Yes I know music is all personal preferance, did I at any time say you were wrong? Did I say "lol, anything goes is way better than motley crue?" No. Obviously you got offended at my original post because you must be a big motley fan, which is fine. I dig some of their stuff as well. But I would also take anything goes over most of the songs that band ever recorded. That's just how I feel. You disagree, which is fine. Quite frankly I don't give a damn, to each their own. But I at least responded back to you respectfully, which is something you never do, to me at least. You ALWAYS respond back to me like your opinions are the correct ones and I'm just some idiot because I don't agree with you. Which I'm sick of that Shit man, it's called the golden rule. Treat others how you would like to be treated.

• Like 1

I don't think Slash will want to work that hard. Maybe they will understand what each do best though. Duff was praising Axl on his way to capture popular culture. You know the whistling and rants or sex noises. Maybe they didnt realise that what Axl pushes for actually works. Axl might respect Izzy's songwriting and be more sensitive to not over produce Slash's energy.

I was watching Kanyes lil rant at the vmas and how it blew up twitter and first thing I thought of was imagine if social media was around when Axl was at the top of pop culture. Axl would be breaking twitter after every show with a new crazy rant or getting arrested

I was watching Kanyes lil rant at the vmas and how it blew up twitter and first thing I thought of was imagine if social media was around when Axl was at the top of pop culture. Axl would be breaking twitter after every show with a new crazy rant or getting arrested

He still have the chance now if the reunion thing happens. All eyes will be on them. Just hope he is working out both his body and voice. We can be witnesses to awesome things!

He still have the chance now if the reunion thing happens. All eyes will be on them. Just hope he is working out both his body and voice. We can be witnesses to awesome things!
Nah- that ship has sailed. Guns would be huge, esp compared to Axls band post 1993. But no way they'd come close to the UYI insanity/popularity. "It's Been 14 (23) Years".

Nah- that ship has sailed. Guns would be huge, esp compared to Axls band post 1993. But no way they'd come close to the UYI insanity/popularity. "It's Been 14 (23) Years".

Oh I am sure twitter and the likes would go bananas cus I am sure we would hear some good ol' rants again from mr. Rose. Good or bad, I'm pretty sure he's got something to say about all this.

It's been 2 weeks and still nothing official either way. This is not nice.

I believe Fernando told us it would be a couple months for some info on the band
I wonder if Fernando was expecting this news to break.

I won't speak for Fernando but I doubt he was expecting that

It's been 2 weeks and still nothing official either way. This is not nice.

I believe Fernando told us it would be a couple months for some info on the band
I wonder if Fernando was expecting this news to break.
I won't speak for Fernando but I doubt he was expecting that

Yea I was kinda being sarcastic, but when you think about it, it is possible they were tipped ahead of time.

If Axl and Slash are talking then Slash might have finished the interview and called Axl or management and told them the situation and what might come of it. Kinda like a courtesy call for "hey don't be surprised if this gets blown out of proportion."

Kanye West is this generation's Axl Rose.

• Like 1

they are kind of elder statesmen at this point. Men of wealth and taste. I doubt Axl is going to tackle Kanye backstage. Eminem kind of took the baton on from Axl. Axl has the Jagger role of just sitting in his mansion playing piano with a glass of champagne and doing 8 hours cardio to get ready for the tour.