Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

I already posted this, but Slash's brother said this on FB:

"You obsessed fans of guns n roses. Fuck a reunion. If you love guns enjoy what they made and move on. To dream of the opportunity that you could see them all together to me is like saying "I love the guys who invented my door in my apartment". I walk thru it all the time. I wish they would get back together and invent a new door. What's wrong with the door you have? It still works. You still use it. And you fucking fanclub page host need to get your own life to spend all your time figuring out what slash is doing first. And to act like you have an education degree of guns n roses and yet you have your own families but still you spend most of your day and life as an undercover fanboy serving up the gossip with an attitude like you have some power over other fanboys & girls is like if you never stopped wearing superman underoos and think as an adult your fucking superman. It's all so dumb to me. Not sure if I'm making myself clear. But grow up. Get a life. If I get one more fucker asking me will guns do a reunion tour I'm blocking them. Axl is a fat bastard and the reunion would only be a disappointment and an action that would result in criticism. Just sayin."

Hmmm...

Exactly. Well said, Ash.

I already posted this, but Slash's brother said this on FB:

"You obsessed fans of guns n roses. Fuck a reunion. If you love guns enjoy what they made and move on. To dream of the opportunity that you could see them all together to me is like saying "I love the guys who invented my door in my apartment". I walk thru it all the time. I wish they would get back together and invent a new door. What's wrong with the door you have? It still works. You still use it. And you fucking fanclub page host need to get your own life to spend all your time figuring out what slash is doing first. And to act like you have an education degree of guns n roses and yet you have your own families but still you spend most of your day and life as an undercover fanboy serving up the gossip with an attitude like you have some power over other fanboys & girls is like if you never stopped wearing superman underoos and think as an adult your fucking superman. It's all so dumb to me. Not sure if I'm making myself clear. But grow up. Get a life. If I get one more fucker asking me will guns do a reunion tour I'm blocking them. Axl is a fat bastard and the reunion would only be a disappointment and an action that would result in criticism. Just sayin."

Hmmm...

Lmao!!

Dude's kinda angry flew off the handle. Most of the people who follow him probably do so because of his brother, so why get upset when they ask about him and gnr? i bet the heat is on because of the latest developments tho-

anyhow- he probably won't be getting any front row tix or backstage passes if it does happen

More:

"Sure it would all be motivated for this Billion dollars not the struggle from where gun n roses came from. And that would be a disappointment to the fans with such hi expectations. To deliver a new album now would only be rejected by the people the love them. There's been new Star Wars movies are they as good as the original? Fuck NO! I just saw an ad for the newest one with Harrison Ford saying "we're home chewie" and to me this attempt just hurt my feelings a mockery of the great original. Only motivated by money."

"And what would just kill me. If they did a reunion but didn't bring Steve Adler & used Matt. Steven is the only reason there is a Guns N Roses. He talked my brother in to learning to play Guitar and Starting a band. But honestly I think if they did this fantasy reunion they might ditch Steven and bring back Matt. Totally A Dick Move. Just saying"

'I don't even know why I would want to be on a label in a few years, because I don't think it's going to work by labels and by distribution systems in the same way,'' he said. ''The absolute transformation of everything that we ever thought about music will take place within 10 years, and nothing is going to be able to stop it. I see absolutely no point in pretending that it's not going to happen. I'm fully confident that copyright, for instance, will no longer exist in 10 years, and authorship and intellectual property is in for such a bashing.''

''Music itself is going to become like running water or electricity,'' he added. ''So it's like, just take advantage of these last few years because none of this is ever going to happen again. You'd better be prepared for doing a lot of touring because that's really the only unique situation that's going to be left. It's terribly exciting. But on the other hand it doesn't matter if you think it's exciting or not; it's what's going to happen.''

David Bowie, 2002.

Indeed we are on the second half of the chessboard.

• Like 1

Why do people ask that human turd about reunions? And whats his fucking problem? Acting like he is somehow important? Dont flatter yourself you cunt.

Guess slash wont like that fat bastard comment. What an idiot

How are you any different from him?

Your entire post is just you insulting him.

He actually gave reasons for his feelings. Your post is just one big negative bashing.

I think given how sensitive Axl is, Ash's comments probably killed any chance of a reunion ever happening and probably any renewed friendship between Axl and Slash.

Yes.

Potentially making tens of millions of dollars and dedicating a couple years of your life to a band were probably immediately thrown out the window because of something a relative of Slash said.

Miser. Please. Can you go back to anything goes and just post there?

• Like 1

I wonder if that comment Axl read had an impact on him. The one where he said a fan told him "you need to talk with Slash, what if something happens and you never get the chance."

He mocked the comment in an interview but I think the fact that he alluded to it at all means it stuck with him. Maybe it wasn't the reason he started talking to Slash again, but it was in his head and might be something he never realized he took so hard.

I have never heard this story. Can you tell us about it?
- On a possible reunion with Slash: "I read a desperate fan's message about, what if one of us were to die and looking back I had the possibility of a reunion now, blah blah blah. And my thoughts are, 'Yeah, and while you're at the show your baby accidentally kicks a candle and burns your house down, killing himself and the rest of your family.' Give me a fucking break. What's clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is."

http://m.pitchfork.com/news/34562-axl-rose-lashes-out-in-first-major-interview-in-forever/

I think I am the fan that posed that question. It was a couple weeks later he said the above statement. So I will now take credit of the reunion.

• Like 1

That Ash guy seems pretty dick-ish.

Yea, that guy hurt my feelings and I swear I don't care that much. Perla isn't the problem, it's ths Ash guy.
He speaks a lot of truth. We would love any kind of rotation probably. But how a reunion gets judged inside the hype and what it amounts to, we don't know.

Some how VH and FNM other bands did it. But the light on GNR seems brighter. And they are legends with more to lose than gain.

FNM seemed to do it for the music connection, but is the expectation that they destroy The Real Thing or Angel Dust? No it was just to laugh at them again.

'Fat Elvis'! Does Ash Hudson know how Axl operates here. He has a gene or two similar to Slash which basically (in Axl's eyes) means Slash said that Axl is a 'fat Elvis'. But fuck the lot of them because none of GN'R have the credibility to lick Elvis's jumpsuit shoes. I do not respect anyone who criticises The King,

• Like 1

'Fat Elvis'! Does Ash Hudson know how Axl operates here. He has a gene or two similar to Slash which basically (in Axl's eyes) means Slash said that Axl is a 'fat Elvis'. But fuck the lot of them because none of GN'R have the credibility to lick Elvis's jumpsuit shoes. I do not respect anyone who criticises The King,

And I doubt Slash likes hearing his brother say that about Axl. Ive always heard Slash defend Axl when its not Slash speaking. I think Slash feels he has the right to "bash" Axl because he was there and a part of it. I know he got pissed at Wieland's comments about Axl in the VR days

I've been out of the loop on this for about a week (real life, right?). Can I get the cliff notes? Has Axl or team Brazil confirmed or denied? Is tommy out? Is "nuguns" totally finished?

No one has said anything official yet. Tho Tommy has been heavily hinting that he's out cause in his latest interview he referred to his stint with gnr in past tense, and said he had "no idea what was going on" and that he rarely talks to them anymore. He also isn't following Axl or GNR on Twitter anymore. He said if Axl or TB ever called him to "get it back together" he would have to think about it.

As a matter of fact, he even implied that the whole new band is done cause he said "we just sorta left it in Vegas." Tho pitman was at Axl's house the other day so he's probably still involved to some capacity.

And I guess the only other major thing that happened was Slash's brother said on facebook the other day that a reunion would be stupid and that Axl was "fat Elvis".

That's pretty much it. No official statements from anyone yet

• Like 1

So some of you love Axl because he has no filter and will bash anybody he doesn't like. You even praised him for his homophobic rant against a member if this forum.

But then you whine and get angry anytime somebody else says something negative about Axl.

The double standard is funny to watch.