Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

So some of you love Axl because he has no filter and will bash anybody he doesn't like. You even praised him for his homophobic rant against a member if this forum.

But then you whine and get angry anytime somebody else says something negative about Axl.

The double standard is funny to watch.

Pretty much.

Watching them shift their own principles when Axl is involved is priceless.

Edited by Rustycage
  • Like 1

So some of you love Axl because he has no filter and will bash anybody he doesn't like. You even praised him for his homophobic rant against a member if this forum.

But then you whine and get angry anytime somebody else says something negative about Axl.

Pretty much.

And I'd go as far as saying that those are not their own principles. I mean, these are fanatics we're talking about. They only know one thing: Praise lord Axl. Common sense and rational thinking must be ignored.

I feel sorry for them, I really do.

I had totally forgotten about the time he did that. Looking back im surprised he didn't catch more flack from mainstream media for the harsh things he said there. he really shoulda gone with a better choice of words there

Pretty much.

I've never been one to point the finger at "Axl fans" or "Slash fans", but I gotta agree with both of you cats on this point.

One of the things that I love about these forums is when someone with a different point of view points out something that was right in front of your eyes. That's the case here because if it weren't for you guys, I wouldn't have even noticed the hyprocrisy in some posts where people are so upset because someone spoke their mind. Yet Axl is supposed to be A-1-Bad-Ass whenever he spouts off at the mouth at anyone/anything.

I've been out of the loop on this for about a week (real life, right?). Can I get the cliff notes? Has Axl or team Brazil confirmed or denied? Is tommy out? Is "nuguns" totally finished?

- Nothing has been confirmed or denied. So they've spoken and they're cool.

- Tommy isn't in the band but he hasn't ruled out touring again if they need him. He's very detached and has moved on but he's more bitter with the replacements than guns, yet still not really satisfied with guns. He's also getting vague with his answers so it's dejavu like the bumble situation..

- Looks like the focus is reunion. Not sure if a new guns band would ever play again or not but the old lineup getting back together seems to be in the works. Nothing concrete or official or guranteed to happen but, the stars are aligning.

Edited by Billsfan

Pretty much.

I've never been one to point the finger at "Axl fans" or "Slash fans", but I gotta agree with both of you cats on this point.

One of the things that I love about these forums is when someone with a different point of view points out something that was right in front of your eyes. That's the case here because if it weren't for you guys, I wouldn't have even noticed the hyprocrisy in some posts where people are so upset because someone spoke their mind. Yet Axl is supposed to be A-1-Bad-Ass whenever he spouts off at the mouth at anyone/anything.

So true.

That's thing thing Mr. Russ. The same that praise Axl for alway speaking his mind just make themselves look silly for then criticizing others that do the same thing.

Some people say I've "turned" against Axl over the years. When the truth is, fans like that are the ones that have made my attitude change on here.

Hopefully Axl will release an album, share some new songs, update his fans on his status, give us his tour plans - and we can all go back to talking about the only thing that really is important: the music.

Pretty much.

The weird thing to me is when Axl admits to being an ass. Like that Trunk radio interview he did, he was really humble about admitting to lying or "telling it like it wasn't". Axl just gets emotional to a real extreme. It's no excuse but like you guys are saying he does cross that line sometimes and gets defended for it.

I just like the story about Axl being late for the show and he got pumped up to wasp, and showed up 2 hours late and blamed Tom Zutant despite Tom having nothing to do with it. It was the girl he was with at the time causing him problems apparently, but point is Axl isn't the most honest person, and he's not the Nicest or anywhere near perfect. He's just Axl, a tough guy to deal with but interesting none the less.

Pretty much.

And I'd go as far as saying that those are not their own principles. I mean, these are fanatics we're talking about. They only know one thing: Praise lord Axl. Common sense and rational thinking must be ignored.

It goes the other way as well, some here like to simply bash Axl. Like you. Is there anything you can honestly say you like about Axl?

• Like 1

Pretty much.

It goes the other way as well, some here like to simply bash Axl. Like you. Is there anything you can honestly say you like about Axl?

Is it your job to defend Axl from people who have different opinion than yours? I've seen you have two mental breakdowns the last few days where instead of a civil debate you went into "well I guess Slash is perfect" or"well I guess that means Fortus is the greatest of all time." Your point went to these weird places where you brought up things that nobody had even said. Or thought.

But just for fun.

Best rock singer of the last 30 years.

Singer on what is the best hard rock album in history.

Singer on four of my 15 favorite albums of all time.

Singer of what I consider the best rock album of the last decade.

I've paid more than $10,000 to watch Axl perform live.

I would pay $100 today for a batch of new songs. Five songs - $100.

Finally, if I could pick any band or singer in the world to release a double album for Christmas of 2015, Axl would be my first choice. If I had 100 votes, I would put Axl's name on votes 1 through 90.

Edited by Apollo

loyalty is important.

No kidding.

Ash should be loyal to Slash, not Axl.

I wish loyalty was a two-way street amongst Axl and his diehard fans. The Beta and crew seem to look at fans as part of the enemy.

I would love to see The Beta, Fernando and Axl spend the rest of Axl's music career dedicated to his millions of fans. Instead of just focusing on the small minorities of haters and t-rolls (or whatever you want to call them), for some reason they only seem to focus on the negative people.

What principals?

Just about every classic era song is considered morally suspect by the majority.

So by the time Axl is calling a mod a lesbian we were ready. Even the media were over it.

Im quite pleased when Steven has an outburst because its his truth. Slash and Izzy are more mysterious. Duff is pretty straight forward. Matt is hilarious. Even from NuGuns we see the pat answer guys. When Fortus loses it about Dr. Brownstone you know you should get ready.

Nosaj is a big Axl fan. I can relate to his words whenever he talks about how Axl sounded great in a show he attended recently. He's not a fanatic though. We are all Axl fans but when he fucks things up there's no need to kiss his ass or protect him.

This.

The show I attended - Nijmegen/2010 - he sounded incredible.

That doesn't mean I have to defend everything he did/does/will do.

Not sure Axl fucked anything up as not sure what the plan is? Whether I should know or even want to know is another thing. Maybe there is no right.

Maybe Axl decided not to use Dj and Ron for CD II or he wants to bring in Slash or he just wants to quit. In the meantime he's fucked everything up until the plans come to fruition?

Just because things don't go your way doesn't mean there is something inherently wrong with anything.

Personally I would have made CD a triple cd release. Doesn't mean what they did is wrong. We all have opinions and I guess there is some line somewhere where it's not for us to say. No matter how much you love the band. It's just band.

Of course the more interested fans can be more problematic. And negative ones are annoying, maybe slightly more positive maniacs give them some time or benefit of the doubt. Maybe negatives guide them to the light, but they seem to decide on other factors more.

At the end of the day it's not our lives or our call.

• Like 2

I mean, if Axl was interested in CD2, wouldn't he have played at least one song during the last tour to start promoting it and testing the waters to see if people liked the new song? He didn't. He mostly played AFD songs. That's a strange way to be interested in releasing CD2.

No.

I don't mean to be a dick but I don't understand how Guns N' Roses fans don't yet understand Axl given his track record for the past 20 years.

The "Chinese Democracy" trilogy (assuming it still is) isn't just a series of songs, randomly written and compiled, and foisted upon the public - it's Axl's magnum opus.

So many great composers of the past went through personal hell - financial ruin, sex scandals, accusations of anti-semitism, etc., and still released their master work, sometimes to public acceptance and praise and sometimes to outcry and damnation. The reason Axl didn't scrap Chinese 1 after 75% of it leaked is the same reason that Tarantino didn't scrap The Hateful Eight after the script leaked - because he believed in it and knows that it's head and shoulders above everything else out there and time will remember it fondly. So in short, if you think that Axl has or will scrapped everything that he is worked for and fought for the last 20 years, you're high as a kite my friend.

The reason he didn't perform any CD2 songs is because, putting it simply, it's not ready. Axl is a prolific control freak. He goes on stage 2 hours late because he's not ready. He doesn't update his fans because he lives in his own world and doesn't give a fuck (to his detriment).

While I don't doubt that most of the record is done, he's clearly not going to create the conditions of the release of Chinese Democracy and put out lofty expectations he can't live up to, perform live material before the record is supposed to be out, and not while a chain smoking buffoon like DJ Ashba is his lead guitarist. There's the complicating factor of most of it being written and recorded by Buckethead and Robin and then of course the legal, financial, and marketing side of things as well.

If Slash and Duff rejoin, I can certainly see that happening, but it will also mean they either directly or indirectly support the remainder of Chinese Democracy.

Did Axl himself ever refer to Chinese Democracy as a trilogy? I know Baz alluded to it but I can't help but feel as if fans need to let go of the notion that there's a second Chinese Democracy just waiting to be released. I would love to be wrong, but I just don't see it.

I don't think Axl ever specifically referred to it being a trilogy, but in the Revolver interview last year he did say "We have what is basically the second half of Chinese Democracy". So it's clear he at least views it as a two-part thing.

When he came on here in 06 or 08 he did and laid out a time line. Volume 3 was due out in 2012.

Nosaj is a big Axl fan. I can relate to his words whenever he talks about how Axl sounded great in a show he attended recently. He's not a fanatic though. We are all Axl fans but when he fucks things up there's no need to kiss his ass or protect him.

Yeah but saying things like "Axl should BEG Slash to take him back" and whatnot goes a little too far. Has Axl sounded like crap since 2011 with the exception of the last Vegas run? Yeah, he has. But then again he sounded like crap in 2002 yet came back swinging in 2006.

So Axl hasn't acknowledged the reunion fantasist talk, is that what the problem is? There will be no reunion, not for at least for a couple of years.

"Fantasist talk" - really?

NuGNR has no guitar players, no bass player and a singer that told them all not to make plans..

What is there that's any more concrete, sure or more importantly of any value to Axl at this time that makes you believe that what Axl has to work with makes a reunion mere fantasy?

Axl is friends with Slash....drink that in... its the last hurdle, its been the last hurdle for a decade.

The cash, adulation and seat at the top table of touring acts is all back within the realms of possibility for all of them.

You think Axl might be considering hiring another three lower tier rock personalities to shuffle out CD2 to a now completely reunion-buzzed public?

Career suicide.

There really is only one option left.

Edited by Intercourse

Axl is friends with Slash....drink that in... its the last hurdle, its been the last hurdle for a decade.

"Last hurdle"? Really? "Last hurdle" as in they have nothing else going on in their lives music wise they might be afraid of compromising? As in there not being any musical differences between them? As in Axl suddently being a functional band mate who it is a pleasure to make and release music with? As in all the bad blood being water under the bridge?

You also say something about them not having any other option. Really? No other option? No other option at all? Slash can't just go on as he is? Axl can't just retire to a life in comfort? Or release music now and again and even tour it with a new lineup? But no, reunion is the only option? Hah.

GNR has no guitarists, the perfect time to release CD II.

Funky flamenco Neil Pitman beats wafting through the sunshine, dizzy tinkles on a piano! The lilting Rose vocal whispers in your ear, Fortus starts soloing, Frank kicks it Cuban stylee.