Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

Is that really true about Slash playing on CD?

But yes seems like Slash and Duff parachuting in for CD II and Rock in Rio 2021 could happen.

Can Slash do another solo album after Con III?

No matter what he does, it always feels like he's seriously underused. Safari Inn and all his riffs don't really get the conditions they deserve to become really great songs.

CD ll could probably benefit greatly from Slash and Duff's contributions just cause it's Axl vocals and melodies maybe easy for them to relate to and build from that.

But if CD ll is as good as Chinese, it doesn't need anything else besides maybe a tour. That's a respectable way to end it as well.

Just not very Guns like...you want it to end with a bang.

I miss Duff's great (and audible) basslines.

But to be fair, Tommy did a good job on ChiDem (as you can hear on the multitracks), but for the life of me I can't understand why they mixed his bass so low. You can't hear him at all on the actual album.

Is that really true about Slash playing on CD?

But yes seems like Slash and Duff parachuting in for CD II and Rock in Rio 2021 could happen.

Can Slash do another solo album after Con III?

No matter what he does, it always feels like he's seriously underused. Safari Inn and all his riffs don't really get the conditions they deserve to become really great songs.

CD ll could probably benefit greatly from Slash and Duff's contributions just cause it's Axl vocals and melodies maybe easy for them to relate to and build from that.

But if CD ll is as good as Chinese, it doesn't need anything else besides maybe a tour. That's a respectable way to end it as well.

Just not very Guns like...you want it to end with a bang.

I disagree.

The label isn't interested in a possible CDII. They learned their lesson with 1 and were lucky to get their money back. Most fans don't care to hear it and the label knows it. You won't be hearing a CDII from the nugnr lineups.

Shut up and take my money!

Well if reunion doesn't happen I don't know what will happen. You can guarantee the label has made more money from the Guns N' Roses name than the members themselves put together. Greatest Hits is one of the top 200 best selling albums of the last ten years, it's in/out of the billboard 200 charts very frequently, so there's still an interest in the Guns name from the public point of view although it's the original band. It seems Axl will have to get Slash & co to sit with him go through all of his unreleased material from CD session era & what ever else he pocesses and see if they can come up with the best possible album. I do think if we don't hear anything else regarding the current state of Guns N' Roses with what remains of this year then I think we are heading into uncertain times and the waiting game will just continue on & on & on...

The label isn't interested in a possible CDII. They learned their lesson with 1 and were lucky to get their money back. Most fans don't care to hear it and the label knows it. You won't be hearing a CDII from the nugnr lineups.

Dollar stores don't deal with that kind of customer. Nothing is in CDII's favor.

Dollar stores don't deal with that kind of customer. Nothing is in CDII's favor.

Can't remember CD having much in its favor.

Wut?

It being one of, if not the most anticipated album since the mid 90's from GNR/Axl?

Or that it was carrying a 13 million dollar price tag that only fueled the anticipation?

Compared to CDII or whatever you guys call it, CD had a lot of push.

Wut?

It being one of, if not the most anticipated album since the mid 90's from GNR/Axl?

Or that it was carrying a 13 million dollar price tag that only fueled the anticipation?

True. 6-7 million worldwide sold is not bad. CD:II has to be promoted physically by Axl, although the pressure this time around won't be as harsh and the huge investment this time around the cd booklet folk need to use spell checker. They didn't spend 13 million to produce 14 tracks. I'm interested in what remains.

Wut?

True. 6-7 million worldwide sold is not bad.

That is total bullshit.

Wut?

That is total bullshit.

http://www.gunsnfnroses.com/index.php?/topic/10153-chinese-democracy-sales-definative/

Not that it matters in this thing we call life & in regards to this thread but reading this it doesn't seem a million miles off. Those figures are from 2011.

Wut?

That is total bullshit.

http://www.gunsnfnroses.com/index.php?/topic/10153-chinese-democracy-sales-definative/

Not that it matters in this thing we call life & in regards to this thread but reading this it doesn't seem a million miles off. Those figures are from 2011.

You linked to a thread that shot down your own claim. :blink:

Wut?

That is total bullshit.

My figures are an estimate. Not official by no means.

Wut?

That is total bullshit.

My figures are an estimate. Not official by no means.

That's wishful thinking, not an estimate.

Shipped are counted as sold and a bunch never left the shelves so declaring that it sold well is another exaggeration.

I would like to hear the other half of CD (CDII). I mean why not? They worked on the music. It's there. Looking at CD as Axl Rose songs (rather than GNR), I think it's fine. I'd like to hear the rest

You'd like to hear it, but the rest of the world doesn't give a shit.

330f.gif