Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

I don't think Slash will want to work that hard. Maybe they will understand what each do best though. Duff was praising Axl on his way to capture popular culture. You know the whistling and rants or sex noises. Maybe they didnt realise that what Axl pushes for actually works. Axl might respect Izzy's songwriting and be more sensitive to not over produce Slash's energy.

I was watching Kanyes lil rant at the vmas and how it blew up twitter and first thing I thought of was imagine if social media was around when Axl was at the top of pop culture. Axl would be breaking twitter after every show with a new crazy rant or getting arrested

He still have the chance now if the reunion thing happens. All eyes will be on them. Just hope he is working out both his body and voice. We can be witnesses to awesome things!
Nah- that ship has sailed. Guns would be huge, esp compared to Axls band post 1993. But no way they'd come close to the UYI insanity/popularity. "It's Been 14 (23) Years".

Oh I am sure twitter and the likes would go bananas cus I am sure we would hear some good ol' rants again from mr. Rose. Good or bad, I'm pretty sure he's got something to say about all this.

Yeah I'm praying for a reunion for the sole reason that I'm dieing to see Axl have the platform to rant about wrongly killed giraffes and air guitar to the masses

Apollo,

Why do you always try to argue with me? I don't get it really. I never said your opinion was wrong did i? Yet you started this whole thing by being condescending. You said "lol" like my post was dumb. By doing that, you sir turned it into an argument. I answered all of your questions, and tried to find some even ground, but you just keep coming at me. Yes I know music is all personal preferance, did I at any time say you were wrong? Did I say "lol, anything goes is way better than motley crue?" No. Obviously you got offended at my original post because you must be a big motley fan, which is fine. I dig some of their stuff as well. But I would also take anything goes over most of the songs that band ever recorded. That's just how I feel. You disagree, which is fine. Quite frankly I don't give a damn, to each their own. But I at least responded back to you respectfully, which is something you never do, to me at least. You ALWAYS respond back to me like your opinions are the correct ones and I'm just some idiot because I don't agree with you. Which I'm sick of that Shit man, it's called the golden rule. Treat others how you would like to be treated.

Lol

????

You say you don't give a damn - then write several paragraphs crying about it.

You are the only one getting angry and arguing about something as stupid as our own personal opinion about a crap song.

Lol. When you post something you are just sharing your opinion. But when I post something then I am making a declaration of fact. Even you should see how stupid that statement is.

Put me on ignore if you can't handle somebody having a different opinion than you. Lol

Kanye West is this generation's Axl Rose.

Axl was more sincere, he spilled his guts, he was visceral. Kanye is an actor. And a clown.

This times a million.

Kayne pulls his stunts specifically to try and put his name in the news. Axl is the exact opposite. Remember when he told Bach that he would pay millions to have the media leave him alone?

Axl and Kayne are nothing alike. One hates publicity. One can't live without it.

• Like 1

Not sure if it's about reliving our youth as seeing all those fuck ups ending up great. Axl did a pretty positive record with CD, it would be cool to the guys be part of something like that. Maybe a way to look back in a good way. Fans kind of live through the music and there's a chapter missing from the story. While your still breathing!

It's been 2 weeks and still nothing official either way. This is not nice.

I believe Fernando told us it would be a couple months for some info on the band
I wonder if Fernando was expecting this news to break.
I won't speak for Fernando but I doubt he was expecting that
Yea I was kinda being sarcastic, but when you think about it, it is possible they were tipped ahead of time.

If Axl and Slash are talking then Slash might have finished the interview and called Axl or management and told them the situation and what might come of it. Kinda like a courtesy call for "hey don't be surprised if this gets blown out of proportion."

Perhaps, hard to say

doing 8 hours cardio to get ready for the tour.

Axl hasn't done 8 hours of cardio in the last 8 years, unless he gets a heart transplant I doubt he has it in him at this point. Would love to be wrong, but not sure even a reunion is enough to get him off his fat ass and into a gym. He just doesn't want it anymore.

Axl was more sincere, he spilled his guts, he was visceral. Kanye is an actor. And a clown.

> has given multiple awards he received to artists he thought deserved more.

> interrupted taylor wift onstage because he thought beyonce's video was better.

> when asked if he regreted he said he regreted not dressing better.

> not sincere.

doing 8 hours cardio to get ready for the tour.

Axl hasn't done 8 hours of cardio in the last 8 years, unless he gets a heart transplant I doubt he has it in him at this point. Would love to be wrong, but not sure even a reunion is enough to get him off his fat ass and into a gym. He just doesn't want it anymore.
pizza, beer and narcissism operas. We go out like marlon brando eating melons in saunas.

This times a million.

Kayne pulls his stunts specifically to try and put his name in the news. Axl is the exact opposite. Remember when he told Bach that he would pay millions to have the media leave him alone?

Axl and Kayne are nothing alike. One hates publicity. One can't live without it.

In his heyday Axl was exactly like that, although I don't think none of them were/are doing none of that in order to push their name, but because they felt like doing and went for it.

This times a million.

In his heyday Axl was exactly like that, although I don't think none of them were/are doing none of that in order to push their name, but because they felt like doing and went for it.

Yeah not quite. Axl didn't want his photo taken constantly, whereas Kanye is married to someone who released a book of selfies, and together they play the media game to a much higher degree. Also Axl's not a narcissist, while Kanye clearly is

This times a million.

Yeah not quite. Axl didn't want his photo taken constantly, whereas Kanye is married to someone who released a book of selfies, and together they play the media game to a much higher degree. Also Axl's not a narcissist, while Kanye clearly is

This.

Their need for publicity was nothing alike. Not even close.

Axl spent 1994-2000, the prime of his life, away from the spotlight, purposely avoiding any and all media contact as much as he could. He didn't even want pictures taken of him in private. According to a former friend of his named Brooks, Axl didn't even want anyone to take pictures of him in private around '95, '96, at private parties at his own house because he "had had a camera in his face for ten years." Kanye's in his 30s and whoring the spotlight as much as he can; We didn't see much of Axl between the ages of 31 and 39.

• Like 1

Kanye is such a fucking clown. Axl was a real artist. I see no similarities.

A lot of people think Axl is a fucking clown. Their similarities are actually uncanny.

Both a critically respected, and their arrival marked changes in their respective genres, Gnr making rock more gritty and Kanye bringing hip hop to sample based beats. Both suffer from a persecution complex, when any persecution is self imposed due to their inane rants. But as with both of them, the only reason people put up with their shit is that despite how they're largely miserable egomaniacal pricks, the music is there.

Edited by TeeJay410

Comparing Axl/putting Axl in same conversation with Kanye West (who?) is like talking about Freddie or Plant and Bieber in same conversation. Like WTF? Let's compare Axl and my local Dominos delivery guy.....no relevance at all.

They both eat too much pizza.

Oh god... I've become one of them...

lol manets

Get over it already, there are no similarities between Axl and that Kanye West guy, except both of them are, or better said "was" in Axl's case, very popular.

Aside of that, they have nothing in common, not the same background, not the same attitude, I really don't see anything in common, except they're stars.

It would be better to compare Kanye West with Prince or people like that, not with Axl. There are certainly way more similarities between Axl and Kurt Cobain, than between Axl and West.

• Like 1