Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

Steven is good as ever, he is doing shows with his band, he is spot on. I would like to see Matt too, but I would like to see more of Steven. I would like to see Steven At least playing once YCBM, I always wanted to see his take on that song.

Would love to see Steven with Guns again. Problem is, Axl is concerned Steven will sue him for no reason as soon as there is some contract signed and business done between the two.

I think Axl sees it as too much of a risk to even include Steven in one song.

Edited by Rovim

I think you are wrong.. I have talked about this with quite a few of fans (in real life not online) and not one of them had said they would be happy with just Slash and Axl.. It was pretty much the same sentiment as on here. The Appetite line-up would be ideal but at minimum Slash/Axl/Duff would be acceptable. Everyone wants Izzy but knows he is a wildcard and surprisingly enough most people said they want Adler in there but just didn't think it would happen. There were also mentions of Gilby if Izzy couldn't do it. No one knows who Fortus, Frank or Pittman are. These are conversations I have had with friends, family and people from work the last few days. No one cares about Dizzy either way but assumes he will be there laying useless keyboard parts on songs like Nighrain.

As for Axl sending people packing. He really wouldn't have to. He could still keep his current band intact as his solo band to go back to when Guns aren't working.

If this was to happen, I think compromises would have to be made on both sides but I really can't see Slash, Duff and Izzy wanting to work with 3 guitarists and two keyboard players.. The keyboard thing would be a complete joke.. You don't even really need one never mind two.

Total BS. If you really believe what you posted, that all these other people (your friends and co-workers) truly believe that Adler and Izzy wants to be there... much less Duff... you're fooling yourself. It probably really goes like this: You bring the conversation up... then you 'educated' your friends and co-workers about the backstory of GNR and the original line-up... then your friends and co-workers agree with you that all original members should be involved just because they want you to STFU about it.

I've tried having the same type of conversations with people the last couple of days... and 99 percent of them don't even give a rats ass about a GNR reunion, much less who was in the band in 1986 and what has transpired since. The fact of the matter is, the casual fan sees GNR... and has always seen GNR... as Axl and Slash. Just like Page and Plant from Zeppelin. Or Gilmour and Waters from Pink Floyd. Or Jagger and Richards from the Stones. And even McCartney and Lennon from the Beatles. And all of those bands have left a far greater mark on the music world than GNR, really thanks to the implosion of GNR in the 90's. GNR had a chance to rank right up there with those bands... but blew that chance long ago.

The casual fan has no idea who Duff or Steven or Izzy is... and may only vaguely remember them if reminded about the back history.

I don't believe anyone who says all of their friends and co-workers all know who the original band is or even cares too much about a GNR reunion at this point. Unless of course you work at a classic rock radio station. Then it may be plausible... but I highly doubt that.

You're not fooling anyone on here with those comments.

• Like 1

I just can't see Slash working for Axl instead of with him. These days Axl is the boss and owns the GnR name. There will be conflict before it's begun.

I can't imagine Slash, nowadays, working as a employee of Axl Rose. His career and his name are both very established. I hope that Slash doesn't will accept this. But, we know that Axl is the GnR onwer, so, when Slash comes back, (IF he comes back....) if Axl doesnt give creative independence to Slash, this is going to be a problem.

I just can't see Slash working for Axl instead of with him. These days Axl is the boss and owns the GnR name. There will be conflict before it's begun.

I can't imagine Slash, nowadays, working as a employee of Axl Rose. His career and his name are both very established. I hope that Slash doesn't will accept this. But, we know that Axl is the GnR onwer, so, when Slash comes back, (IF he comes back....) if Axl doesnt give creative independence to Slash, this is going to be a problem.

IF something happens, then it will be a tour, nothing else, everyone will have their contracts and freedom to be on stage together, A lot of lawyers and promoters will be involved if something BIG like this happens so everything goes smoothly.

But ZERO chances of any line up going in the studio to record things. The only problem I see is that Axl coming late as usual, that might piss of Slash or Duff.

and IF Axl has hardly any interactions after the show like with the current band, then I guess that will put off Slash and eventually everyone will get bored and tired of it. But Axl and Slash were buddies, so im sure they will get along very well. Axl and Duff got along very well with each other and hung around even after so many years of not talking.

Come on, guys! If the reunion really happens, there is space to Steve and Sorun. Like RRHOF, Sorun was in the percussion and backing vocals and the show happened perfectly. So, when they are playing musics from AFD, Matt goes to Percussion and when they are playing musics from UYI I and II, Sorun goes to the drums and Steven goes to the percussion. There is space to both.

Edited by Andy Vianna

Come on, guys! If the reunion really happens, there is space to Steve and Sorun. Like RRHOF, Sorun was in the percussion and backing vocals and the show happened perfectly. So, when they are playing musics from AFD, Matt goes to Percussion and when they are playing musics from UYI I and II, Sorun goes to the drums and Steven goes to the percussion. There is space to both.

But Axl doesn't trust Steven enough to allow him to become a part of a potential reunion.

Also: does Axl actually likes Sorum as a drummer anymore? not sure. I'm pretty sure he won't get rid of Frank regardless.

Edited by Rovim

I think you are wrong.. I have talked about this with quite a few of fans (in real life not online) and not one of them had said they would be happy with just Slash and Axl.. It was pretty much the same sentiment as on here. The Appetite line-up would be ideal but at minimum Slash/Axl/Duff would be acceptable. Everyone wants Izzy but knows he is a wildcard and surprisingly enough most people said they want Adler in there but just didn't think it would happen. There were also mentions of Gilby if Izzy couldn't do it. No one knows who Fortus, Frank or Pittman are. These are conversations I have had with friends, family and people from work the last few days. No one cares about Dizzy either way but assumes he will be there laying useless keyboard parts on songs like Nighrain.

As for Axl sending people packing. He really wouldn't have to. He could still keep his current band intact as his solo band to go back to when Guns aren't working.

If this was to happen, I think compromises would have to be made on both sides but I really can't see Slash, Duff and Izzy wanting to work with 3 guitarists and two keyboard players.. The keyboard thing would be a complete joke.. You don't even really need one never mind two.

Total BS. If you really believe what you posted, that all these other people (your friends and co-workers) truly believe that Adler and Izzy wants to be there... much less Duff... you're fooling yourself. It probably really goes like this: You bring the conversation up... then you 'educated' your friends and co-workers about the backstory of GNR and the original line-up... then your friends and co-workers agree with you that all original members should be involved just because they want you to STFU about it.

I've tried having the same type of conversations with people the last couple of days... and 99 percent of them don't even give a rats ass about a GNR reunion, much less who was in the band in 1986 and what has transpired since. The fact of the matter is, the casual fan sees GNR... and has always seen GNR... as Axl and Slash. Just like Page and Plant from Zeppelin. Or Gilmour and Waters from Pink Floyd. Or Jagger and Richards from the Stones. And even McCartney and Lennon from the Beatles. And all of those bands have left a far greater mark on the music world than GNR, really thanks to the implosion of GNR in the 90's. GNR had a chance to rank right up there with those bands... but blew that chance long ago.

The casual fan has no idea who Duff or Steven or Izzy is... and may only vaguely remember them if reminded about the back history.

I don't believe anyone who says all of their friends and co-workers all know who the original band is or even cares too much about a GNR reunion at this point. Unless of course you work at a classic rock radio station. Then it may be plausible... but I highly doubt that.

Don't tell what the fuck happens in my life or tell me what I am saying is BS.. My friends that I have been talking to about it are the ones that I grew up with listening to Guns N' Roses. The ones I was talking to all know damn well who every member in Guns N' Roses were. I have huge Metal and Rock fans in my family (Uncles and Cousins) that all know who the fuck was in Guns N Roses back in the day. I don't work at a classic rock station but of the 2 guys I have been talking to at work 1 was a casual fan and was is a huge fan that knows every fucking member that was in the band back in the day and some of the guys that are in it now. I went to AC/DC last weekend and it was the day the Axl/Slash story broke. We were tailgating with a bunch of people and this topic came up..

Don't fucking tell me I am making shit up.. Nothing pisses me off more than when people put words in my mouth are tell me I am full of shit when I am not. You don't fucking know me, my friends or who I associate with. Don't tell me how events in my life went when you have no fucking idea just because that is how you would like it to go in your own little fantasy world.

Your experiences may have been different than mine but don't tell me I am lying about mine. The people I have been talking to know Guns N' Roses and grew up with them. They were a huge fucking band back in the day and almost all of them were household names.

My guess is that you didn't live through that period.

IF something happens, then it will be a tour, nothing else, everyone will have their contracts and freedom to be on stage together, A lot of lawyers and promoters will be involved if something BIG like this happens so everything goes smoothly.

But ZERO chances of any line up going in the studio to record things. The only problem I see is that Axl coming late as usual, that might piss of Slash or Duff.

and IF Axl has hardly any interactions after the show like with the current band, then I guess that will put off Slash and eventually everyone will get bored and tired of it. But Axl and Slash were buddies, so im sure they will get along very well. Axl and Duff got along very well with each other and hung around even after so many years of not talking.

I don't guess if something happens, they aren't going to records some album. There is no sense Slash and the other guys come back to a reunion and they don't record something. Only to do show is a half thing. Mean, only to do shows already is something GREAT, but, they need to record a album. The world needs a REAL GnR's new album.

But Axl doesn't trust Steven enough to allow him to become a part of a potential reunion.

Also: does Axl actually likes Sorum as a drummer anymore? not sure. I'm pretty sure he won't get rid of Frank regardless.

Axl might not trust Adler. But Duff could play dad role to make sure Adler doesn´t fuck up. It sucks because the guy is an adult. Having Frank or Brain for that matter it´s just out of place, too weird in a reunion tour. It has to be either Adler or Sorum

• Like 1

I don't guess if something happens, they aren't going to records some album. There is no sense Slash and the other guys come back to a reunion and they don't record something. Only to do show is a half thing. Mean, only to do shows already is something GREAT, but, they need to record a album. The world needs a REAL GnR's new album.

It seems you are new in this forum, Axl is supposedly to release a follow up album to Chinese Democracy, its been quite a few years now and still no news, so an album with the old band is really LOL. I am sorry to shatter your dreams, but bro it won't happen, Im a hardcore GNR fan, But I don't keep my hopes up too high.

This make sense...but, if the reunion's drummer will be Sorun, guy, Steve is going to kill himself Haha. He waits for this since that he was kicked of the guns n roses.

But, a reunion only with Slash and Duff, in my opinion, isn't a real reunion. Both Steven and Izzy need to be there. Izzy isn't a problem, he always was Axl's friend, but really, Steven now and then says something bad about GnR or Axl. =/

Axl might not trust Adler. But Duff could play dad role to make sure Adler doesn´t fuck up. It sucks because the guy is an adult. Having Frank or Brain for that matter it´s just out of place, too weird in a reunion tour. It has to be either Adler or Sorum

Axl would choose Matt than Steven, but Steven is doing well and he won't fuck up, I am sure Steven will be on a contract and all, IF it happens, then as I mentioned before, everything will be taken care of in terms of legal stuff.

It seems you are new in this forum, Axl is supposedly to release a follow up album to Chinese Democracy, its been quite a few years now and still no news, so an album with the old band is really LOL. I am sorry to shatter your dreams, but bro it won't happen, Im a hardcore GNR fan, But I don't keep my hopes up too high.

I'm new on this forum, but I always read the news about guns n roses here as anonymous member XD, and I already followed the GnR's news in foruns here at Brazil about 5 or 6 years.

It's a Axl Rose's bullshit. He says, or asks to their employers say something about "new songs", only to outwit the GnR's fans. Chinese Democracy II never will see the sunlight.

Edited by Andy Vianna

Don't tell what the fuck happens in my life or tell me what I am saying is BS.. My friends that I have been talking to about it are the ones that I grew up with listening to Guns N' Roses. The ones I was talking to all know damn well who every member in Guns N' Roses were. I have huge Metal and Rock fans in my family (Uncles and Cousins) that all know who the fuck was in Guns N Roses back in the day. I don't work at a classic rock station but of the 2 guys I have been talking to at work 1 was a casual fan and was is a huge fan that knows every fucking member that was in the band back in the day and some of the guys that are in it now. I went to AC/DC last weekend and it was the day the Axl/Slash story broke. We were tailgating with a bunch of people and this topic came up..

Don't fucking tell me I am making shit up.. Nothing pisses me off more than when people put words in my mouth are tell me I am full of shit when I am not. You don't fucking know me, my friends or who I associate with. Don't tell me how events in my life went when you have no fucking idea just because that is how you would like it to go in your own little fantasy world.

Your experiences may have been different than mine but don't tell me I am lying about mine. The people I have been talking to know Guns N' Roses and grew up with them. They were a huge fucking band back in the day and almost all of them were household names.

My guess is that you didn't live through that period.

I'm not saying you're lying, I'm just saying you're fooling yourself. I saw the original band twice. And I too have a lot of hard core classic rock fans... and most of them have no idea who was in GNR besides Axl and Slash, unless they were reminded, of course.

Fantasy world? Congrats on your near 2000 posts on a rock band forum.

• Like 1

Yeah, 95% would only care about seeing Axl and Slash. Id say the other 5 care about Izzy and Duff and thats it. No one will "not go" or complain because the drummer is not Steven or Matt or even Frank. People dont care. The face of the band is Axl, Slash and Duff. As long as you have that, everyone - including me -will call it a reunion.

As for the lineup, I suppose you guys are right about the hybrid config. I believe Axl would keep everyone who did not leave, except for Tommy - who, well, technically has left before, right?

Richard would certainly be the rythym guitarist and probably Izzy would show up sometimes.

Exactly. If Axl, Slash & Duff are onstage together, no one would give a fuck if Bozo the Clown was on the drums, or keyboards, or 3rd backup guitar. Not to mention, Axl is big on loyalty. He's not gonna send anyone packing so he can cash in and sell the 3 extra tickets having Steven Adler onboard would sell.

HAHAH, 3 EXTRA TICKETS, NICE ONE!

Yeah, 95% would only care about seeing Axl and Slash. Id say the other 5 care about Izzy and Duff and thats it. No one will "not go" or complain because the drummer is not Steven or Matt or even Frank. People dont care. The face of the band is Axl, Slash and Duff. As long as you have that, everyone - including me -will call it a reunion.

As for the lineup, I suppose you guys are right about the hybrid config. I believe Axl would keep everyone who did not leave, except for Tommy - who, well, technically has left before, right?

Richard would certainly be the rythym guitarist and probably Izzy would show up sometimes.

All true, but for me, no Izzy, not going...

Izzy has said before that he is interested in playing with the original band again. But! everyone on this forum with any knowledge of Izzy knows that he doesn't really want to be a full time touring musician. He likes to make his records, and play a couple of shows every once in a while. He quit Guns because it was mental, drugs, egos, late starts etc. The drugs are gone now, but not much else has changed... I'd guess the egos are as big as they were and maybe bigger.

For me I'd be over the moon if Izzy decided to join them full time, but if he didn't Richard is fully capable of filling his role in a live situation. Writing a record? I would prefer to see Izzy in the writing room.

I'm not saying you're lying, I'm just saying you're fooling yourself. I saw the original band twice. And I too have a lot of hard core classic rock fans... and most of them have no idea who was in GNR besides Axl and Slash, unless they were reminded, of course.

Fantasy world? Congrats on your near 2000 posts on a rock band forum.

And that isn't including my posts as Howlin' Wolf when this account was banned at one point for posting some insane message "Madison" had PM'd me one time ;) May have been a couple years.. The people I have been talking weren't just classic rock or casual fans. They were people who I know are Guns fans. Agree to disagree.. You just struck a nerve earlier..

When Slash's next interview? There's no way he doesn't get asked about this again, maybe we'll get some clarification.

I bet he is fucking dreading it. I feel like he was totally blind sided by that question. He may have to implement a no Guns questions rule going forward.

You say that now ;)