Refugee crisis Europe

Bumblefeet

It is not a secret that Syrian refugees tend to look more well-off than our standard Somalian or Afghani refugees. But so what. Aren't people from more rich countries allowed to flee when the country is torn apart in civil war?

There's a war out there dude...

Don't forget that 1 for second.

Snake-Pit, driving through rural Belgium on its highways does not constitute visiting it, did you go to any of our cool cities (Brugge, Ghent, Brussels, Antwerp)?

Though I agree that as for appeal to refugees there's probably not much prospects here. I think the cultural difference is ultimately too big and there's little appeal to stay here other than the accommodations (which according to reports refugees appear to be refusing to use and instead stay in their own improvised camps).

This whole situation of even registering the refugees is absurd in our country. They still expect an inordinate amount of people to register the same way they would otherwise, via a long waiting and slow bureaucracy. They'll have people wait up to week before even registering, when they perfectly well know where they've set up camp (many in parks in the cities) and could easily send social workers to manage the situation. It's a disgrace and another failure of our incompetent government. One commentator said it right, our politicians shouldn't be plumbers who fix the problem when it arises, but architects who anticipate these events and start ahead of time.

I went to Amsterdam...

I never said I visited Belgium, I said it was so dull that when my coach said it was leaving the country I 'Usain' Bolted for it saying @ the P&J Duty Free Chocolate Factory Stop

"Don't leave me here!"... :lol:

Saw gifts for Brussels and Flanders... Assumed I was near some old battlefield called Flanders but, IDK.

You're an idiot. <_<

Snake-Pit, driving through rural Belgium on its highways does not constitute visiting it, did you go to any of our cool cities (Brugge, Ghent, Brussels, Antwerp)?

Though I agree that as for appeal to refugees there's probably not much prospects here. I think the cultural difference is ultimately too big and there's little appeal to stay here other than the accommodations (which according to reports refugees appear to be refusing to use and instead stay in their own improvised camps).

This whole situation of even registering the refugees is absurd in our country. They still expect an inordinate amount of people to register the same way they would otherwise, via a long waiting and slow bureaucracy. They'll have people wait up to week before even registering, when they perfectly well know where they've set up camp (many in parks in the cities) and could easily send social workers to manage the situation. It's a disgrace and another failure of our incompetent government. One commentator said it right, our politicians shouldn't be plumbers who fix the problem when it arises, but architects who anticipate these events and start ahead of time.

I went to Amsterdam...

I never said I visited Belgium, I said it was so dull that when my coach said it was leaving the country I 'Usain' Bolted for it saying @ the P&J Duty Free Chocolate Factory Stop

Saw gifts for Brussels and Flanders... Assumed I was near some old battlefield called Flanders but, IDK.

You're an idiot. <_<

You're such a bully McLeod :lol:

I went to Amsterdam...

You're an idiot. <_<
Well what the fucking hell is the fucking spanner going on about? :lol:

I went to Amsterdam...

You're an idiot. <_<
Well what the fucking hell is the fucking spanner going on about? :lol:

Refugee Camp, Calais, looked funner than Belgium.

Snap I took of the White Cliffs, I'd never seen them before and when I went to the continent; It was night.

12032162_10207843709401265_3084520969589

If only those refugees had papers.

(Notice how it's a cliff)...

When you dock and merge back on to the roads; you're driving up a ramp of a road to get you on to the UK motorway network, which is then hill after hill after hill after hill.

Geographically speaking, the UK is a different continent to Europe, but politically, the same.

The UK paid for the EU and the EU and Europeans before invaded the UK.

:lol:

Edited by Snake-Pit

Why don't you just put them all in camps? You Europeans are very good at that.

Europe gives UK a bad name :max:

The Brits actually invented concentration camps.

I mean in general...

Europe gives UK a bad name :max:

Tiny, Europe is so small, that stuff in England looks big!

Snakepit's solution to the crisis would be, to allow all black ladies in, and anyone else out.

It would be to view and treat these people, as people, not a problem.

Countries should issue papers quicker.

Even the United Nations said Europe wasn't handling it as well as it could have the other week, with each state doing what it liked.

It is so sad for these people to have to pick up and leave their native country because of war and because their leaders only care about themselves.

I've watched the news and seen the faces of these people smiling and walking to freedom and hopefully a better life.

I still ask why is this happening? It always seems that somewhere people will suffer and the world still goes on.

I commend the countries trying to help these people and condemn their so call leaders for not protecting their people and blaming everyone else but themselves.

It is so sad for these people to have to pick up and leave their native country because of war and because their leaders only care about themselves.

I've watched the news and seen the faces of these people smiling and walking to freedom and hopefully a better life.

I still ask why is this happening? It always seems that somewhere people will suffer and the world still goes on.

I commend the countries trying to help these people and condemn their so call leaders for not protecting their people and blaming everyone else but themselves.

What are you talking about? Syrian rebels (some of whom are radical as f*ck/Al Quada/IS) are being supported by Western Countries and Israel. Assad wasn't perfect, but the country was a lot better off with him in charge than the mess it's in now. I agree with the Russians and Iranians on this one. These rebels should not have been supported and Assad should have been allowed to crush them and keep his country in tact.

Watch some of "SyrianGirl" videos if you want to learn something about what's actually going on.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a big humanitarian crisis that doesn't look like it will be ending anytime soon. Your thoughts?

Countries like Spain, Greece and Italy have been dealing with immigration for years on their own and no one gave a fuck. They asked for help many times and the European "Union" turned their cheeks to the other side. There are places like the Lampedusa island in Italy that have no capacity for the amount of people they help. They deal with tragedy almost daily and the poor child you saw in the news is not neither the first nor the last to die in the waters. Thousands of lives have been lost in the Mediterranean. Lives that were trying to reach a future in Europe far from the wars, poverty, hunger, islamist terrorism ... and nobody gave a shit. Nobody.

BUT now the European "Union" asks the European countries to help...why? Because the syrian refugees want to go to Germany and Germany doesn´t want to deal with this so they use the solidarity and the charity as an excuse because they don´t want them there and are forcing other countries to share the refugees, as if they were things and not persons. That is the cruel reality.

And once more, while the politicians were busy with their usual and useless bla bla bla searching for "solutions", the european citizens organized quickly and acted more efficiently than them. People were helping refugees on their own whereas the shitty political class were doing nothing but their usual charlatan speech to save face.

Edited by November_rain

Truth be told, I've seen many a refugee in my time, all settled more or less, though my heart goes out to those poor Roma Gypsies who are both desperate, hungry people, but because of their nomadic ways... Sit on Oxford Street & Park Lane... There's 78-86 Brigstock Road, Thornton Heath's asylum centre at the top of my road which is like this no man's land building

TBH, I love my wacky ethnic home with it's parades this thing Sakthy Ghanapathy Temple do or all that Jamaican food to boot and a train station and stuff... a lot of food & hair in Thornton Heath with pubs and betting shops... But literally right there in the middle of Thornton Heath sits 78-86 Brigstock Road on the corner of Brigstock & Melfort which is virtually adjacent to this road... Much like a group of kids in the shadows on the jungle gym sitting watching as all us other kids get to play in the bright bright sun every day as we do in the hustle and bustle of the rat race... - 78-86 Brigstock Road is this thing. It's not like a prison, I see them sitting on the porch smoking and even noticed the odd attractive girl too.

It's only contact I've seen of them in 78-86 Brigstock Road with the outside world, is when an ambulance comes...

78-86 Brigstock Road is mysterious too, can't find it on Google maps, just the odd links talking about it, 'cha.

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/Asylum-centre-plan-slammed/story-11369267-detail/story.html- I mean, that doesn't really shed any light onto what's actually there, some building that's for all intents and purposes houses families not really in the UK and live off vouchers? :shrugs: It's literally at my bus stop but people here just say that building with all the immigrants.. It can get rowdy all onto itself this little corner of Thornton Heath that is like a shadow to the UK, but still, I saw more Syrian refugees I think, on the continent at the border...

I found this too

http://www.118118.com/thornton-heath-london/category/1768886-migrant-helpline.html :lol:

Europe to me when I went in it, seemed open. - Outbound from the UK I went through 2 countries to get to a 3rd (not counting my own)... Only Goddamned border I saw was coming back and it was operated by Brits (my fellow countrymen), in France, for entering the UK.

Edited by Snake-Pit