Refugee crisis Europe

Bumblefeet

I'm surprised this doesn't have a topic yet. Europe is currently experiencing massive refugee increases from Syria and surrounding countries, people who are on the run from IS and the ongoing war. The whole situation is one of the biggest messes Europe had to face and shows its complete and utter failure to cope with such a phenomenon (think aftermath Katrina); the refugees aren't distributed evenly amongst the member states and some are allowed in to shelters, others denied and forced to roam city parks (often depending on the aid of volunteers) and some are even placed in camps. Over here in Belgium, only 250 people are allowed to register on a daily basis when it's clear that number is insufficient. Reactions to the refugees range from people who show solidarity to those who accuse them of intending to take advantage of the social welfare our countries provide (some people on social media would rather see them dead than survive); Already politicians and even business men are calling upon on illegal immigrants to provide community service or cheap labour employment (the parallels with the US poignant). Perhaps Trump could come and sell his wall here as well.

Most refugees want to go to Germany because human smugglers paint them pictures of high minimum wage (1000 euros) and housing if they'd get there. East-european countries are said to be very anti-islam and don't want to house refugees; newscasts show footage of hordes of refugees trampling each other in a train station in Hungary waiting anxiously to catch a train to the "promised land" Germany or Austria and having to exit said train when it's announced it wont leave. Refugees hiding in transport trucks and some even suffocating, all kind of madness going on. Most shocking was the image of a young child dead on the shores of Turkey. It's a big humanitarian crisis that doesn't look like it will be ending anytime soon. Your thoughts?

It's alright if they're dying as long as it ain't on your doorstep appears to be the line.

Actually that appears to be the mindset of the wealthy gulf states who take in zero point zero refugees.

There's a difference between what governments allow and what the people want though.

• Like 1

Consequence of the 2003 Iraq war.

Thank you USA for the chaos !

actually Goober,

consequences of the Obama administration

leaving Iraq allowing

the Terrorists to move in among the chaos

Removing Ghadaffi from Libya and creating another vacuum for a terrorists take over

ignoring the crisis in Syria while factions of terrorists gain momentum

and now the icing on the cake in allowing Iran to have access to billions of dollars which they will no doubt use to fund their involvement in terror.

the poor people fleeing the turmoil throughout the region have been left without an American leader that

in any other time in history would have been at the forefront

of this humanitarian crisis.

Without Americas presence no one else will step up to confront ISIS,

and they will have to be confronted sooner or later, their not going away by themselves.

A real leader would realize this and decide to confront them before they gain even more power and resources.

But unfortunately Obama decides policy based on his political agenda.

On behalf of the real Americans left here, I apologize.

Edited by shades
  • Like 1

I hear that David Cameron is letting 4000 refugees into the UK. We can take far more than that.

On a side note, when all this malarkey with my husband's friend was first reported, witnesses described him as either "Asian or East European" in appearance (his name wasn't released at that point). This was reported and 95% of the comments made on Facebook weren't to do with his crime, but his alleged heritage. One literally said "immigrant taking our jobs" and another said "sounds Romanian to me". That upsets me as much as the rest of the story, because if that's the kind of treatment those who aren't in-ger-lish do regularly receive, then life must be tougher than I realised.

The fact of the matter is that one set of my husband's friend's grandparents were Polish, though the friend himself has barely left Yorkshire. Best of luck to anyone who has a successful relocation here.

Sorry I've gone off on a tangent, I have a heavy heart today.

• Like 1

actually Goober,

leaving Iraq allowing

Removing Ghadaffi from Libya and creating another vacuum for a terrorists take over

and now the icing on the cake in allowing Iran to have access to billions of dollars which they will no doubt use to fund their involvement in terror.

the poor people fleeing the turmoil throughout the region have been left without an American leader that

and they will have to be confronted sooner or later, their not going away by themselves.

A real leader would realize this and decide to confront them before they gain even more power and resources.

The only way we need to confront ISIS is to close our border and not allow any refugees/immigrants into our nation. ISIS is not our problem and we should not be sending our soldiers to die on foreign soil unless we are being invaded. Enough of this shit.

actually Goober,

leaving Iraq allowing

The only way we need to confront ISIS is to close our border and not allow any refugees/immigrants into our nation. ISIS is not our problem and we should not be sending our soldiers to die on foreign soil unless we are being invaded. Enough of this shit.

There are those who would lay responsibility for the existence of ISIS at your nations door.

• Like 2

From Americas standpoint I like the idea of ignoring them and shutting our borders down air tight, but unfortunately it is not a reality.

Aside from the rest of the world being totally screwed it would eventually come home to roost as we all need each other in the world economy and order.

which brings us back to the FACT that either you confront them now or confront them later after they are 100 times more organized and funded than they are today.

they are not going away, they want to dominate that entire hemisphere. Already practically own the middle east, Northern Africa and beyond have every day citizens like you and I fleeing for their lives,

they have a major presence in Chechnya, the Baltic states are close behind.

Look at whats happening in France.

This isnt rocket science and lay the blame wherever it suits you as to the reason

they are here, matters very little moving forward who started it.

Call us hawks, call us meddlers where we don't belong, but this is happening while many turn a blind eye and the minute they get their hands on a nuke you naysayers and peaceniks will be crying from the rooftops for

someone to do something. And guess who you will want to help you?

I'm surprised this doesn't have a topic yet. Europe is currently experiencing massive refugee increases from Syria and surrounding countries, people who are on the run from IS and the ongoing war. The whole situation is one of the biggest messes Europe had to face and shows its complete and utter failure to cope with such a phenomenon (think aftermath Katrina); the refugees aren't distributed evenly amongst the member states and some are allowed in to shelters, others denied and forced to roam city parks (often depending on the aid of volunteers) and some are even placed in camps. Over here in Belgium, only 250 people are allowed to register on a daily basis when it's clear that number is insufficient. Reactions to the refugees range from people who show solidarity to those who accuse them of intending to take advantage of the social welfare our countries provide (some people on social media would rather see them dead than survive); Already politicians and even business men are calling upon on illegal immigrants to provide community service or cheap labour employment (the parallels with the US poignant). Perhaps Trump could come and sell his wall here as well.

Most refugees want to go to Germany because human smugglers paint them pictures of high minimum wage (1000 euros) and housing if they'd get there. East-european countries are said to be very anti-islam and don't want to house refugees; newscasts show footage of hordes of refugees trampling each other in a train station in Hungary waiting anxiously to catch a train to the "promised land" Germany or Austria and having to exit said train when it's announced it wont leave. Refugees hiding in transport trucks and some even suffocating, all kind of madness going on. Most shocking was the image of a young child dead on the shores of Turkey. It's a big humanitarian crisis that doesn't look like it will be ending anytime soon. Your thoughts?

Oh, man, you have really no idea how this works, don't you?

I put the blame on Germany and Austria

Nevertheless, Hungary is shit too (my home country). The prime minister and our whole goverment have zero fucking idea how to handle this situation, but the opposition parties are just liberal assholes so they might be worse....

We have enough poor bastards, so as long as Austria and Germany won't open their borders for everybody, we (Hungarians) are fucked with this situation. Greece refused to register the refugees so the first Schengen country for them is Hungary...

Believe me, i spent half of my last month in Migration Aid here in Hungary

Last week 71 people died in a smuglers van

Today one palestinian dude died

This is madness, people

Edited by Strange Broue

actually Goober,

leaving Iraq allowing

Would Americans be allowed to live abroad then? because I know one who lives in Cardiff and he's an arsehole. I'd take a ferry full of syrians over one cunt like him on a jetski.

I'm trying to find out what the government is aiming for.

Why aren't we invading Syria like we did other contries?

Why are they trying to cause massive sympathy by posting pictures of the 3 year old drowned boy everywhere? (It's purely playing on emotion)

It's funny as hell that arab countries refuse to let them enter, I think it was the Saudi prince that said "we don't need slaves".

Is this political correctness real? Or is it aimed to cause massive changes in the system?

Once Syria is "taken over", what's next? Another country? Going to let them fight on and invade more territory?
I seriously don't get the endgame here. But we're going to lose, that's for sure.

• Like 1

From Americas standpoint I like the idea of ignoring them and shutting our borders down air tight, but unfortunately it is not a reality.

Aside from the rest of the world being totally screwed it would eventually come home to roost as we all need each other in the world economy and order.

which brings us back to the FACT that either you confront them now or confront them later after they are 100 times more organized and funded than they are today.

they are not going away, they want to dominate that entire hemisphere. Already practically own the middle east, Northern Africa and beyond have every day citizens like you and I fleeing for their lives,

they have a major presence in Chechnya, the Baltic states are close behind.

Look at whats happening in France.

This isnt rocket science and lay the blame wherever it suits you as to the reason

they are here, matters very little moving forward who started it.

Call us hawks, call us meddlers where we don't belong, but this is happening while many turn a blind eye and the minute they get their hands on a nuke you naysayers and peaceniks will be crying from the rooftops for

someone to do something. And guess who you will want to help you?

I'm literally watching the news now and watching reports of football supporters in Hungary chucking stuff at the people having to spend the night in train stations. I'm not having people like you writing fucking shit like this. Talking about "blame" in terms of who is to blame for this inconvenience.

I'm trying to find out what the government is aiming for.

Why aren't we invading Syria like we did other contries?

Why are they trying to cause massive sympathy by posting pictures of the 3 year old drowned boy everywhere? (It's purely playing on emotion)

It's funny as hell that arab countries refuse to let them enter, I think it was the Saudi prince that said "we don't need slaves".

Is this political correctness real? Or is it aimed to cause massive changes in the system?

Once Syria is "taken over", what's next? Another country? Going to let them fight on and invade more territory?

I seriously don't get the endgame here. But we're going to lose, that's for sure.

"We" didn't invade Syria as such, rather a few catastrophic air strikes. In, out. Dave wasn't it? Massive failure of humanity happening right here, right now. 2600 people have drowned this year trying to get to Europe!! THATS FUCKING OBSCENE

• Like 1

actually Goober,

leaving Iraq allowing

Would Americans be allowed to live abroad then? because I know one who lives in Cardiff and he's an arsehole. I'd take a ferry full of syrians over one cunt like him on a jetski.

Better an arsehole than a terrorist.

I see them as migrants not refugees. It's almost an invasion and they're fleeing from their duty to fight isis. It's scary. Our press/politic campaigns are way too orchestrated here in france. Europe is fucked if they continue this but no, everyone is encouraging this mess. Follow the trail of garbage and shitty diapers.

This is not the year to quit drinking.

• Like 1

I see them as migrants not refugees. It's almost an invasion and they're fleeing from their duty to fight isis. It's scary. Our press/politic campaigns are way too orchestrated here in france. Europe is fucked if they continue this but no, everyone is encouraging this mess. Follow the trail of garbage and shitty diapers.

Aye, I'm sure that wee boy on the beach would have put up a great fight against a psychopathic regime who like to crucify people that disagree with them. He should definitely have stayed.

• Like 2

Aye, I'm sure that wee boy on the beach would have put up a great fight against a psychopathic regime who like to crucify people that disagree with them. He should definitely have stayed.

It's a tragedy of course. But don't let yourself get tricked by those pictures. Medias are orchestrated it in a more awful way.

Oh, man, you have really no idea how this works, don't you?

I put the blame on Germany and Austria

Nevertheless, Hungary is shit too (my home country). The prime minister and our whole goverment have zero fucking idea how to handle this situation, but the opposition parties are just liberal assholes so they might be worse....

We have enough poor bastards, so as long as Austria and Germany won't open their borders for everybody, we (Hungarians) are fucked with this situation. Greece refused to register the refugees so the first Schengen country for them is Hungary...

Believe me, i spent half of my last month in Migration Aid here in Hungary

Last week 71 people died in a smuglers van

Today one palestinian dude died

This is madness, people

I really have no idea how this works? I know that the east block countries like Hungary don't want more Muslims and want to make sure everyone of the refugees makes their way to Germany or Austria. They have no intent of doing their share, "it's Germany's problem" your prime minister said. It's funny how when Hungary needs agricultural or other subsidies from Europe, they are quick to take, yet when it comes to doing their share in this crisis, it's "Please don't come here" (literal words of your PM). All this division only adds to the madness and hopefully will have Europe re-evaluate its policies (and perhaps memberships though I'm sure the eurocritics will only add fuel to the fire).

Edited by Bumblefeet