Favourite GN'R drummer?

In terms of drum technique i'd probably go with Brain, some great work on CD.

For sure. Drums on Catcher, Twat, Sorry are highlights, but almost every song contains some fine drumming. Gotta hand it to Josh for coming up with those drum parts. (Frank did some cool shit as well)

Edited by Rovim

Adler. I know this is subjective but every time this comes up people will mention the drummers who can outplay Steven and that's all well and good if we are discussing Rush but this is GnR. In the case of an upcoming reunion I'd love to see Steven talking his rightful place behind the kit.

Even though Brain and Frank get a lot of hate for not 'making sense', I think both, especially Brain are really important in shaping the new gnr, it can be seen from his interviews how he took the gnr gig as an opportunity to innovate and be creative with his drumming, also brought a lot to the table such as helping in writing Shacklers and The General

Even though Brain and Frank get a lot of hate for not 'making sense', I think both, especially Brain are really important in shaping the new gnr, it can be seen from his interviews how he took the gnr gig as an opportunity to innovate and be creative with his drumming, also brought a lot to the table such as helping in writing Shacklers and The General

Maybe live, but in the studio even Frank got a chance to be at least a little creative. Brain just played what Josh came up with note for note on Chinese with Frank's additions.

Edited by Rovim

Steven cause Appetite. Brain is tempting though. But for Gn'R, Stevie, not a question for me. Sorum did some good work as well. Deserves a mention, even if he did not have the right feel for Guns imo.

Precisely my opinion, to the last detail. Brain did look/sound a motherfucker, didn't he?

Steven cause Appetite. Brain is tempting though. But for Gn'R, Stevie, not a question for me. Sorum did some good work as well. Deserves a mention, even if he did not have the right feel for Guns imo.

Precisely my opinion, to the last detail. Brain did look/sound a motherfucker, didn't he?

I like his feel.

Perhaps thats been a key musical problem with GnR...actually now i think about it thats probably it. Sorum, God love him, did a wonderful job but he's not the man I'd pick for my band. Adler was sloppy but he had a certain sense of rhythm, Brain never really got a chance to work for a living and I'm not really aware of much about Frank Ferrer. The old adage you're only as good as your drummer rings true i suppose.

Steven was not the most reliable, but he could sound great. For attitude and enthusiasm you have to give it to Steven. For playing spot on, while adding in some fiery new fills Frank is next in line, I didn't really enjoy Brain and while Matt is a great technician his playing just doesn't do it for me when he's with GnR. Overall Steven.

Steven Adler for sure, the sound and feel he has, one can only love, all those appetite songs dude... And i really like all drummers they had but steven is Just it, and his passion and enthusiasm, love and happy attitude and his looks hè is the man, he is not the best drummer in the world at all but hè is my favorite