Homeless man dies saving a woman held hostage

Spaghetti Guy

Just saw a gif of this on imgur and had to check the source video

Youtube description:

A homeless man has paid with his life after he helped save a woman taken hostage by a gun-wielding man outside a church in Brazil. The gunman, Luiz Antonio da Silva, 49, was visiting the Sao Paulo Cathedral with the woman, who has not been named, on Friday when an argument erupted, Globo reports. "They entered and spent some time (in the church). They seemed to be arguing… She wanted to leave. He grabbed her arm. They then left the church and he assaulted her," cathedral security guard Joao Nascimento said. As da Silva held the terrified woman down while brandishing a pistol, Erasmo Francisco Rodrigues de Lima, 61, intervened, tackling the gunman and allowing the woman to escape. Da Silva then shoots de Lima in the chest, but the man keeps charging, before the footage abruptly ends. De Lima reportedly died at the scene, while the gunman was shot and killed by Sao Paulo police. The woman received medical attention at the scene but was not seriously hurt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHAdgszKIV4

Seeing the guy take two in the chest and still fight the guy off was crazy

nobody ever is a hero, but that guy had some balls.

How were his actions not heroic?

RIP to him, but I'm not watching the video either.

You telling me you wouldn't want to do the same? I'll give him that he had some big ass balls to do what he did but he really isn't a hero. A hero doesn't exist it's just human nature.