What if album had suprise release ?

Really, there is no point on doing major advertisement OR doing a surprise release for a NuGnR album. People just won't buy it like CD. There's no demand. People don't give a shit. The best thing NuGnR could do is release it with normal-level advertisement, focus on digital distributing and touring, nothing too big or too fancy.

How would they benefit from a surprise release when it's not like there is a large amount of fans watching and waiting for it?

Another fantasy by fakegnr fans.

Why would they do that?

One album in 20-plus years and then do a surprise release for the next one?

Lol. And some people on here claim that CD would have sold more but the general public just didn't know about it. Now they want a surprise release?

Any release by Axl would surprise me a lot.

Loving the positivity guys...keep it up!

How would they benefit from a surprise release when it's not like there is a large amount of fans watching and waiting for it?

Why would they do that?

Lol. And some people on here claim that CD would have sold more but the general public just didn't know about it. Now they want a surprise release?

Can't wait for the reunion. I'm so excited for it and really looking forward to it :D

Positive enough for you?

Why would they do that?

Lol, how the fuck is anyone supposed to stay positive with NuGnR? Really?

Why would they do that?

Can't wait for the reunion. I'm so excited for it and really looking forward to it :D

Positive enough for you?

Positive enough yes just not realistic enough for me.

Why would they do that?

Lol, how the fuck is anyone supposed to stay positive with NuGnR? Really?

I read that as how is anyone supposed to stay positive with Guns N' Roses. Where would we be without NuGnR? Would we be posting on here?

Edited by wkuk04

Would be nice if Axl hopped on twitter one day just to say "Fuck it, here's the album" and put it on Soundcloud.

That's more or less what they did with CD. I know they had announced the hard-copy release already, but it was a hell of a day to log on to this place and see "hey guess what? The whole fucking thing just popped up on MySpace." Also, holy fuck, CD is so old that posting it on MySpace was a viable first step...

Why would they do that?

I think the surprise release cause a sort of peak in media attention for sbout a week or two. That's when most sales are made of cds.

I think at least we havent heard half the tracks already. I would like to go to the store on download a new full GNR album of 16 tracks and be excited just to hear it. Like when Scorsese or QT release a movie everything stops until I've seen it.

I dont see why bands announce a record then put two singles out then wait a month then that time nobody cares. Theres so much other stuff it can get lost. Release a record and announce tour starts next week. Boom!

Any release, surprise or not would be cool. I'd love it if they did it the way U2 did it so I could see everyone who thought it was bush league and a big insavion of privacy and right to choice for U2 to "force" their album onto everyone praise Axl for such a smart move. It would be awesome.

I just hope they don't sell out like U2 did. I think Axl has more artistic integrity to ever prostitute the band and the music the way U2 has over the past decade or so.

I don't see why the band shouldn't have a surprise release. It is obvious Axl is bad at meeting release dates, so announcing a release date would probably just lead to numerous postponements and ridicule. Better to forgo with all that and just have a surprise release of the record as soon as it is finished, I think. That way there won't be any negative media build-up, either.

Uhm, those numbers were from February 2009. Surely it has sold more by now ;)

It didn't reach 3 millions. CD2 wouldn't reach 1 million.

How do you know? It would be sort of remarkable that of its total sale (< 3 million, as you claim), more than 86 % would happen in its first two months...

Up to 1.6 million were shipped in the best buy deal and marked as sold. A bunch ended up on dollar store shelves.

CD was reduced in price even before leaving best buy. Why? Because it wasn't selling well. To assume that any relevant amount would have sold after the reports and markdowns is only wishful thinking.

Releasing the follow up to that album without any buildup would be like having a garage sale with no ads or signs. Stupid.

CD was reduced in price even before leaving best buy. Why? Because it wasn't selling well. To assume that any relevant amount would have sold after the reports and markdowns is only wishful thinking.

You seem to be under the impression that the entire market is made up of USA.

With 2.6 million already sold in the first two months after the release, followed by major touring in more or less all markets (India, South America, SEA), I would be VERY surprised if not at least 1 million additional records have been sold since then.

1 million global for a 13 million dollar heavily anticipated record from GNR is nothing special. Especially when we don't even know if those were just shipped numbers or actual sales.

You do not know that 2.6 were sold. All any of us know is that more than half of that were SHIPPED not sold.

When we know that a large portion didn't sell after the release(Best Buy flop) it's wishful thinking to expect a million more to be sold.

At one point the album was selling for chump change on Amazon. That doesn't speak well for it when you understand supply and demand.

• Like 1

1 million global for a 13 million dollar heavily anticipated record from GNR is nothing special. Especially when we don't even know if those were just shipped numbers or actual sales.

You do not know that 2.6 were sold. All any of us know is that more than half of that were SHIPPED not sold.

When we know that a large portion didn't sell after the release(Best Buy flop) it's wishful thinking to expect a million more to be sold.

At one point the album was selling for chump change on Amazon. That doesn't speak well for it when you understand supply and demand.

It's at least 4-5 million at this point even more no matter if everybody buy a physical copy it's been shipped and paid for. It all counts. People who known the back story of Gnr known it's hired hands and Axl, still to sell that much it's good business especially when it made its money back from production costs. Edited by wkuk04

/sigh

I'm just going to leave at my original point.

The demand for CD was not as high as the shipped numbers suggest. Low demand for that album does not look well for it's follow up especially when the band releasing it has had a decreasing audience and the album has MUCH less intrigue. Releasing the follow up album in a "surprise release" is a bad business decision.

Hahaha, delusion at its finest. The world is not expecting an album from Rose. His latest album was an absolute turd, no reason to release a sequel -- unless he wanted to embarrass himself even more.

Positivity as always I love it!

Hahaha, delusion at its finest. The world is not expecting an album from Rose. His latest album was an absolute turd, no reason to release a sequel -- unless he wanted to embarrass himself even more.

I'm not being positive. I'm being realistic. I guess you don't know what "positivism" means? Ignorance is nothing to be proud of.

I'm not being positive. I'm being realistic. I guess you don't know what "positivism" means? Ignorance is nothing to be proud of.

OK then take your reunion positivism and show me what you got.