Richard Fortus had a motorcycle accident

Slash once said "I guess God didn't want this band to happen..."

Now it's kind of looking like God has changed his mind.

Yeah he should probably avoid doing anymore interviews saying that hes looking forward to GNR's future...

Serious note though glad he'll make a full recovery and I wish him well

Slash playing alongside Paul Huge is as believable as Axl playing alongside Slash.

-_-

Not in this lifetime..

That Accident sounds very devastating, I hope he gets well soon.

Btw who is replacing him on the dead daises tour?

Dave Leslie will fill in for him during the tour and Richard is expected back for KISS Cruise at the end of october.

End of October? With so many things been broken, my suggestion to him would be to take more rest, I guess he should take at least 2 to 3 months rest.

That Accident sounds very devastating, I hope he gets well soon.

Btw who is replacing him on the dead daises tour?

Dave Leslie will fill in for him during the tour and Richard is expected back for KISS Cruise at the end of october.

End of October? With so many things been broken, my suggestion to him would be to take more rest, I guess he should take at least 2 to 3 months rest.

That's what they have written on the official site of the Dead Daisies:

Unfortunately Richard Fortus has had a bit of a motorcycle accident recently and will not be able to make the Australian KISS tour. We wish him a speedy recovery and he will definitely be ‘back on deck’ for The KISS Cruise!

Has anyone considered the possibility that Fortus may go solo and leave GNR?

He seemed excited about 2016 when he spoke about it in connection to Guns, so no. Besides, he's a session musician so he's used to juggling shit. I think he really needs to wear a hat though.

Edited by Rovim

• 4 weeks later...

From an interview with John Corabi:

“I called Richard from Sydney and he’s much better. He’s out and about doing his thing but he’s still in some pain. Everything’s a little foggy. I asked him if a car hit him, but he said he doesn’t remember because he has a concussion, but things are starting to come back to him and Richard says the last thing he remembers is he was riding his bike with a buddy and a bee got into his shirt and stung him. He has a giant welt on his chest so maybe he was allergic and he passed out,” he says.

“He’s pulling his hair out that he couldn’t be here. The guy’s tough as nails, he could have been here and done the shows. He said he could get a bar stool and sit on that to play but he’d have to switch his pedals. My concern was whether he was ready to be on an aeroplane for that long. He’ll take some time and heal and maybe do the KISS cruise.

http://theupsidenews.com/2015/10/06/the-dead-daisies-in-adelaide-to-support-kiss/

• Like 2