2016 RNRHOF thread

Silent Jay

no love for the moody blues :(

Hard to believe they weren't included. They want people who made money selling millions of records instead of influencing those who did. Took them long enough to get Black Sabbath in who should have been inducted in 1996. But they hate prog rock and heavy metal.

• Like 1

Hard to believe they weren't included. They want people who made money selling millions of records instead of influencing those who did. Took them long enough to get Black Sabbath in who should have been inducted in 1996. But they hate prog rock and heavy metal.

yeah its bullshit. if you were influential and had an outstanding career regardless of what sub genre of rock you belong to you should get in. i dont get the prog rock and metal bias they have its nuts, metal is pretty much the biggest sub genre that is still thriving but it takes forever for bands to even get nominated. the moody blues and yes have music and discographies(as did rush who finally got in) that no doubt should have gotten them in years and years ago, instead they nominate fucking ll cool j and janet jackson.

yeah its bullshit. if you were influential and had an outstanding career regardless of what sub genre of rock you belong to you should get in. i dont get the prog rock and metal bias they have its nuts, metal is pretty much the biggest sub genre that is still thriving but it takes forever for bands to even get nominated. the moody blues and yes have music and discographies(as did rush who finally got in) that no doubt should have gotten them in years and years ago, instead they nominate fucking ll cool j and janet jackson.

Well, there is that pesky thing that 98% of metal is fucking rubbish :lol:

• Like 2

Moody Blues had two eras to it, and they were successful in both.

Janet's "influence" on artists..... like J-Lo or Rihanna? I'm fine with pop stars like Mariah and Whitney in there but the stuff they're talking about inducting Janet on, it's not a strong argument to induct her, especially if they're talking music video, choreography...... and wireless mics (Kate Bush did it years before).

I don't think there's a "conspiracy" going on with the committee like some people think - BUT it's interesting that Tom Morello's part of the committee, and it's only because he toured with Springsteen that he's even there, at least he'll push for metal and punk bands to be inducted. I'm sure he pushed for Cheap Trick & Chicago (he's from Illinois..and more about the Terry Kath era as far as Chicago goes).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well now lets see who all comes from Deep Purple.

I've heard its supposed to be the induction of the Mark I, II, and III lineups. I guarantee Coverdale and Hughes come if included, as they should be. Hope to see Glover and Paice and Gillian, and would expect to. Honestly, and I wouldn't put it past the Hall to have this in mind, but with Richie actually back "in rock" (get it?!) this year maybe even he shows. He's said in the past he wouldn't, but this is as best a chance as you could have. I wouldn't be surprised if the Hall tried to take advantage of it, for their own selfish gain of getting a reunion performance out of them. Don't expect Blackmore to perform, but I'm sure whoever performs will be good.

As for the list, its fine. The best of what I liked from the nominations. I don't know if they are Hall Of Fame worthy, but I like all the groups, minus NWA, so I can't complain. Yes should have been included. Next to Deep Purple thats one of the biggest oversights. Fucking idiots that Hall is. No one sounds like Yes.

I could accept NWA's induction a little more if they get Axl to intro them.

Cheap Trick

Chicago

Deep Purple

N.W.A

Steve Miller

Really surprised NIN didn't make it, but that's a great list.

Got to have a fucking rap group on there. Guess Yes will have to wait another year.

If they want to induct rap groups (Which, in principal I'm against) then N.W.A is more deserving than anyone else in the genre.
  • Like 3

Cheap Trick

Chicago

Deep Purple

N.W.A

Steve Miller

Really surprised NIN didn't make it, but that's a great list.

Got to have a fucking rap group on there. Guess Yes will have to wait another year.

If they want to induct rap groups (Which, in principal I'm against) then N.W.A is more deserving than anyone else in the genre.

This. NWA is for mainstream gangsta rap what Black Sabbath and Zep were for mainstream hard rock. It brought the genre out of the shadows and into the world. It's hard to imagine a more deserving hip hop group than those guys.

Great list this year. I'd have preferred to see NIN go in, but this is the first time in a long time that there is not a single group on the induction list that I feel shouldn't go in. I look forward to the ceremony this year.