Hey Fernando...

Fernando comes when magisme calls. magisme will return and bring Fernando back when the current mygnr administration is ousted.

Peace, y'all.

/thread

LOOK AT YOU! Posting here! :P

Just ask alfierose

You received a warning because I hid your post and asked that personal accusations stop. You then reposted it - had you not done that I would have left it at hiding your post (for the reasons Russ stated above).

You're full of shit.

My post quoted her obvious cupcake post about "Axl being the beethoven of rock" (or something off the wall like that) and I said "Further proof that you're a fake account."

You "hid" it and called it an insult. I said, " :facepalm: protecting a fake account" (since that is not like I told her to fuck off or anything)

Warning and suspension. How in the fuck is that an insult?

It was a generalised warning message, perhaps insult was the wrong term. I have no reason to believe LEA is a fake account, disliking her views doesn't change this and doesn't mean you can throw accusations at her. You can argue semantics all you want but basically I asked you not to do something, then you did it again so a warning was issued.

Here's my $.02 about what I'll call "The Little EMO Annie Situation":

She is not an alt. She is a poster with far different opinions then a lot of others here. She's been warned and even received a suspension for insulting the forum and other users. By the same token, others would receive the same treatment when they do that to her.

Calling her an alt isn't an insult, but it is inaccurate. Calling her a shitposter or crazy is what gets into the insult territory. It's apparent that she loves Axl and she's allowed to that opinion. You don't have to like it or agree with it, but you can't just call her insane because your opinion differs.

Posting inaccuracies(I disagree that it is inaccurate) requires heavy moderating now?

I'll tell ya right now when she posts bullshit, I'm going to call it bullshit, regardless. So go ahead and do what you gotta do.

• Like 1

I'll tell ya right now when she posts bullshit, I'm going to call it bullshit, regardless. So go ahead and do what you gotta do.

That's the thing though: To me, saying someone else's opinion is bullshit and explaining how your opinion differs is far different than just calling them crazy or something along those lines.

Questioning Little EMO Annie's validity and/or sanity will get you in trouble. #truth

This.

Nah.

Insulting other members is what will get you in trouble seeing as it's against the rules.

Annie isn't allowed to insult other users, so of course others aren't allowed to insult her.

We're just keeping the rules the same for everyone, that's all.

Tell me, how is calling her a fake account an insult?

This is a board that has seen the likes of Warchild post under dozens of different names to name just one.

I completely agree and it's as or more frustrating for us then it is for the users.

All I can do is assure you that she isn't a fake account as far as I'm aware.

So how is it an insult?

Being here for over 10 years with very little posts and then, poof, shit spamming. Seems legit.

I'll just say... If you want to ban me, then just fucking ban me. Don't find weak shit like thinking a spammer is a fake account as a reason to warn me and give me a suspension.

Don't be weak about it.

GO ON RUSTY MY SON!!

That's the thing though: To me, saying someone else's opinion is bullshit and explaining how your opinion differs is far different than just calling them crazy or something along those lines.

The post that led to the issue we're discussing was simply that I think she's a fake account. In other words, I think her presence here is to post as much bullshit as possible(like can be seen in every controversial topic she posts in) to stir the pot. At what point did my opinion of that become hurtful or out of line?

The fact is the rules, at this point, can be twisted to fit any mold of a "violation."

Axl fan = insult

Spammer = accusation

Fuck off = insult

That goes entirely against the nature of any board or the internet in general. If that's how you want to go, fine. A stale section and boredom won't be my burden to carry.

• Like 2

Thread has now been locked since it's so far off the rails there's no point in keeping it open.

If you want discuss the moderation/administration of this forum, please do it here:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/212083-moderation-discussion/

I'll only say this: this forum is meant to allow a wide range of opinions on GNR and non-GNR matters. We do not censor opinions so long as they comply with the rules. If you can't state your opinion without insulting the person or telling them off, there are other forums that are more than happy to take you. Personally, I don't have the time nor the interest to discuss GNR and non-GNR matters where personal attacks are allowed or encouraged. If that's your thing, have at it somewhere else. I didn't buy this forum to allow assholes to be assholes. That's not what this place is for me personally and from the amount of private messages from fellow members, it's not what this place is for many others.

Again, if you want to discuss our rules, guidelines, and moderation policies, there is a thread for that purpose. Or better yet, please send myself or a fellow mod/admin a PM where we can discuss your concerns.

P.S. Welcome back Mags ;)

• Like 4