Hey Fernando...

Wasn't one of the earliest uses of the term 'heavy metal'' in a write-up about Hendrix? If you see Hendrix/Cream as an influence on Zeppelin, and Zeppelin as an influence of ''heavy metal proper'', then in a very round about way, he is an influence!

But then you could cite The Kinks as they were the progenitors of the 'power chord', the basic musical underpinning of metal.

Buckethead is actually a good example of my change in taste. I used to like him. Easily my favourite element of Nugnr, the wacky Buckethead/Brain duo. Probably preferred that element more than Axl for a period. Still have three of his albums. Now I find them completely unlistenable except for the acoustic and/or more melodic stuff. Shred is awful.

Questioning Little EMO Annie's validity and/or sanity will get you in trouble. #truth

This.

Nah.

Insulting other members is what will get you in trouble seeing as it's against the rules.

Annie isn't allowed to insult other users, so of course others aren't allowed to insult her.

We're just keeping the rules the same for everyone, that's all.

• Like 4

Wasn't one of the earliest uses of the term 'heavy metal'' in a write-up about Hendrix? If you see Hendrix/Cream as an influence on Zeppelin, and Zeppelin as an influence of ''heavy metal proper'', then in a very round about way, he is an influence!

But then you could cite The Kinks as they were the progenitors of the 'power chord', the basic musical underpinning of metal.

Buckethead is actually a good example of my change in taste. I used to like him. Easily my favourite element of Nugnr, the wacky Buckethead/Brain duo. Probably preferred that element more than Axl for a period. Still have three of his albums. Now I find them completely unlistenable except for the acoustic and/or more melodic stuff. Shred is awful.

Shred is just a tool. Bucket proves with many of his solos that shred could be used tastefully cause what's shred anyway? more notes. If you can think that fast and still say something interesting with the guitar, that means shred is a useful tool for at least some good guitar players.

I think Bucket's outro in There Was A Time is proof shred could be used tastefully and add to what you're saying if you're a good guitar player, like Bucket is in his best moments, when he's not noodling.

Edited by Rovim

Questioning Little EMO Annie's validity and/or sanity will get you in trouble. #truth

This.

Nah.

Insulting other members is what will get you in trouble seeing as it's against the rules.

Annie isn't allowed to insult other users, so of course others aren't allowed to insult her.

Tell me, how is calling her a fake account an insult?

This is a board that has seen the likes of Warchild post under dozens of different names to name just one.

This.

Nah.

This is a board that has seen the likes of Warchild post under dozens of different names to name just one.

I completely agree and it's as or more frustrating for us then it is for the users.

All I can do is assure you that she isn't a fake account as far as I'm aware.

• Like 1

This.

Nah.

I completely agree and it's as or more frustrating for us then it is for the users.

So how is it an insult?

Being here for over 10 years with very little posts and then, poof, shit spamming. Seems legit.

I'll just say... If you want to ban me, then just fucking ban me. Don't find weak shit like thinking a spammer is a fake account as a reason to warn me and give me a suspension.

Don't be weak about it.

This.

Nah.

I'm not trying to insult her or give her fodder to take back to other forums.

As somebody who has been accused of being an Axl Nutter and Axl Hater myself, I'm just curious where she falls in the Axl spectrum.

Is she one of those people that fall into the Bieberbeliebers category. Or can she actually permit herself to type that Axl isn't 100% perfect and everything he does isn't 100% perfect or the right move.

When people start praising the beer commerical and remix album......then some fan level clarification seems appropriate.

I think the Welcome to the Jingle shirt is awesome. It''s an Axl Christmas, it's a hard rock holiday. And we're all singing Welcome to the jungle all the way. We'll sleighride over Paradise City and if we're feeling rude, we'll burn down all the Christmas trees and then we'll get tattooed.

Is there any thing that Axl has done in the past 30 years that you disagree with or think was wrong?

Thiese are lyrics from a parody song.

Question still stands.

We are all allowed to be however big of a fan that we want.

I was just curious how deep your fandom ran.

Do you think he is perfect and had ran his career perfectly. Or is there anything he has done in the last thirty years that you don't agree with?

Like everything in life, Its the imperfections that make it perfect.

I am a real person. I have my own mind. I am a huge Axl Rose fan. ThAt is all. Don't really know why I started feeling inspired to start posting. I just feel like it.and I love the beer commercial. But I have always liked Budweiser commercials even though I don't like the product.

Edited by Little EMO Annie

This.

Nah.

So how is it an insult?

Being here for over 10 years with very little posts and then, poof, shit spamming. Seems legit.

I'll just say... If you want to ban me, then just fucking ban me. Don't find weak shit like thinking a spammer is a fake account as a reason to warn me and give me a suspension.

Don't be weak about it.

I get the feeling there's some sort of miscommunication between us. I'm gonna shoot you a PM because I really think I'm missing something.

Sorry for the derail everyone!

This.

Nah.

So how mentioning the fact that this individual is the one who returned Marc's book is an insult?

I guess mental health is not a requirement to be a member of this forum. Is that why Warchild was allowed in this forum for years?

Just ask alfierose

Terrible moderator.

• Like 1

This.

Nah.

So how is it an insult?

Don't be weak about it.

That escalated quickly.

He never said that there was an insult, read again.

Just ask alfierose

You received a warning because I hid your post and asked that personal accusations stop. You then reposted it - had you not done that I would have left it at hiding your post (for the reasons Russ stated above).

This.

Nah.

So how mentioning the fact that this individual is the one who returned Marc's book is an insult?

I guess mental health is not a requirement to be a member of this forum. Is that why Warchild was allowed in this forum for years?

Just ask alfierose

Terrible moderator.

Mentioning the returning of Canters book is not an issue as it is factual and not something LEA has ever denied. I've never removed a post for that alone.

Just ask alfierose

You received a warning because I hid your post and asked that personal accusations stop. You then reposted it - had you not done that I would have left it at hiding your post (for the reasons Russ stated above).

You're full of shit.

My post quoted her obvious cupcake post about "Axl being the beethoven of rock" (or something off the wall like that) and I said "Further proof that you're a fake account."

You "hid" it and called it an insult. I said, " :facepalm: protecting a fake account" (since that is not like I told her to fuck off or anything)

Warning and suspension. How in the fuck is that an insult?

• Like 1

Just ask alfierose

You're full of shit.

My post quoted her obvious cupcake post about "Axl being the beethoven of rock" (or something off the wall like that) and I said "Further proof that you're a fake account."

You "hid" it and called it an insult. I said, " :facepalm: protecting a fake account" (since that is not like I told her to fuck off or anything)

It was a generalised warning message, perhaps insult was the wrong term. I have no reason to believe LEA is a fake account, disliking her views doesn't change this and doesn't mean you can throw accusations at her. You can argue semantics all you want but basically I asked you not to do something, then you did it again so a warning was issued.

Just ask alfierose

You're full of shit.

It was a generalised warning message, perhaps insult was the wrong term. I have no reason to believe LEA is a fake account, disliking her views doesn't change this and doesn't mean you can throw accusations at her. You can argue semantics all you want but basically I asked you not to do something, then you did it again so a warning was issued.

In other words, you simply didn't like being questioned about ridiculous moderation. It's not semantics to post verbatim what happened. It gives insight into you thinking that you can twist rules for whatever you like.

Now it's not an insult, but an accusation.

Sure, insult was the wrong term and so is accusation. It's not like I accused her of kicking babies or raping puppies. I called a ridiculous post from a sporadic poster that is either mentally ill or an actual fake account "proof of them being disingenuous."

• Like 1

Fernando comes when magisme calls. magisme will return and bring Fernando back when the current mygnr administration is ousted.

Peace, y'all.

/thread

LOOK AT YOU! Posting here! :P

Just ask alfierose

You're full of shit.

Here's my $.02 about what I'll call "The Little EMO Annie Situation":

She is not an alt. She is a poster with far different opinions then a lot of others here. She's been warned and even received a suspension for insulting the forum and other users. By the same token, others would receive the same treatment when they do that to her.

Calling her an alt isn't an insult, but it is inaccurate. Calling her a shitposter or crazy is what gets into the insult territory. It's apparent that she loves Axl and she's allowed to that opinion. You don't have to like it or agree with it, but you can't just call her insane because your opinion differs.

• Like 1