Hey Fernando...

How important is the news that you are going to tell us? What scale of excitement or "disappointment" is the news from 0-10. We're curious to know what is going to happen next year. Either way, if you can't answer it; it's all good.

P.S. If you do answer it; I will take you to Lone Star Steakhouse!hahaha ;)

He has 5 weeks to make good on his announcement. We'll see what happens

Spoiler alert: nothing. I'm consistently surprised by people who expect anything else.

Let's take an actually successful band as a for instance.

Let's say Metallica. Same era. I don't know or care shit about them, but look at their career.

Now imagine a situation where they've released one album of original material in almost a quarter of a century.

Now imagine that the remaining fans are begging James Hetfield's nanny's son for a tidbit of information.

I hope you see how pathetic anyone who still supports this laughable enterprise is.

Edited by tomfriend
  • Like 2

Spoiler alert: nothing. I'm consistently surprised by people who expect anything else.

Let's say Metallica. Same era. I don't know or care shit about them, but look at their career.

Now imagine a situation where they've released one album of original material in almost a quarter of a century.

Now imagine that the remaining fans are begging James Hetfield's nanny's son for a tidbit of information.

I hope you see how pathetic anyone who still supports this laughable enterprise is.

And Metallica are notorious plodders themselves, releasing their last album in 2008. Axl looks even lazier if you compare him to other artists.

And Metallica are notorious plodders themselves, releasing their last album in 2008. Axl looks even lazier if you compare him to other artists.

they also put out a 4 song EP just 3 years ago, they also did the lulu album with lou reed(which is just bad) so its not like they have been doing nothing since 2008.

they also put out a 4 song EP just 3 years ago, they also did the lulu album with lou reed(which is just bad) so its not like they have been doing nothing since 2008.

True. The best way to compare it is, number of original songs since, but not including, 1991 (when both bands conterminously released albums at their end of their most prolific period). Since 1991 Metallica have released fifty five original songs. Even if you remove Lulu that figure still stands at forty five. Axl has released a gargantuan record breaking fifteen! Fifteen songs for Axl stand between 1991 and 2015!

But then when you compare Axl with people like Springsteen and Neil Young it starts to look even more ridiculous. Neil Young has released eighteen albums since 1991. In other words Neil has released more albums than Axl has released songs!

Shit fuck all is whats gonna happen.

Metallica always came off as massive twats to me, quite apart from being musically shite. They personalities are just so odious, they're insufferable, there's just this palpable air of nobhead-ness when you hear them speak, especially Hetfield, who has the eyes of a rapist.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

FWIW, my personal opinion is that we'll hear either nothing or something along the lines of "Plans changed, hopefully something soon...."

I don't like that anymore than anyone else here, but it's how I feel and I'd be surprised if anything else comes of it.

I read what Fernando originally wrote about this which was something along the lines of "It's hard to give information because if I say we'll have an announcement in 2 months and then it takes 4 months, then everyone says I'm making stuff up." That was the gist of what he said.

My question is, did he further clarify that statement and say there would be an announcement in 2-4 months? Because if he didn't clarify and clearly state a time frame, then the 2-4 month time frame from his original post was simply an example of what could happen if he makes a premature announcement.

So, DID he further elaborate?

I read what Fernando originally wrote about this which was something along the lines of "It's hard to give information because if I say we'll have an announcement in 2 months and then it takes 4 months, then everyone says I'm making stuff up." That was the gist of what he said.

My question is, did he further clarify that statement and say there would be an announcement in 2-4 months? Because if he didn't clarify and clearly state a time frame, then the 2-4 month time frame from his original post was simply an example of what could happen if he makes a premature announcement.

So, DID he further elaborate?

I believe he said he hoped to have something to tell us in 2-4 months. It was NOT a guarantee. And as old GN'R fans we all know such things can never be guaranteed anyway...

True. The best way to compare it is, number of original songs since, but not including, 1991 (when both bands conterminously released albums at their end of their most prolific period). Since 1991 Metallica have released fifty five original songs. Even if you remove Lulu that figure still stands at forty five. Axl has released a gargantuan record breaking fifteen! Fifteen songs for Axl stand between 1991 and 2015!

But then when you compare Axl with people like Springsteen and Neil Young it starts to look even more ridiculous. Neil Young has released eighteen albums since 1991. In other words Neil has released more albums than Axl has released songs!

You can't count Americana if you're not going to count The Spaghetti Incident.

I wonder if the Crue or Metallica or Aerosmith or ACDC (and their fans) wait for the maids kid to make a statement on those bands future....or if they have a maid that negotiated tours and such

I also wonder if the fans are treated like assholes for asking them information about the band.

You guys just have to stop waiting, that's all. 2 months? 4 months? Fuck it. Whenever there's something ready to be announced, if there's anything to announce at all, we'll know. I also would like to know things, and would like if they sticked to the time frame they tell us, but they don't do that. They never did and probably never will. And I get Fernando. Imagine if you were in his position: thousands of people from all around the world waiting to hear some news, and you're the middle man. Of course I'd want to deliver, but if, for WHATEVER reason it is, things are postponed, the person who had made the announcement previously - in the case, Fernando - gets fucked, which is understandable. He is in a delicate position. I mean, all that frustration and questioning should be made towards Axl, not Fernando. But Fernando's job is (or not, maybe I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about) to be the middle man, serving as a kind of shield.

Like, you guys really think Fernando didn't announce whatever it was because he didn't want to? Or because he forgot? Or 'cus he is evil? :lol:

Edited by ManetsBR

Like, you guys really think Fernando didn't announce whatever it was because he didn't want to? Or because he forgot? Or 'cus he is evil? :lol:

Some fans are just so frustrated with Axl that they spread the hate around a bit. Fernando and Beta are often recipients of such collateral damage.