Halloween 2015

Snake-Pit

Got bored, made this tonight

October 30th 2015

1623685_10208137687510534_30899252191075

12191818_10208137689150575_5457577326817

12189932_10208137689870593_4685716616464

Am going to be out working all day tomorrow, might give Gangster B' candy to hand out lol.

Knowing her she might eat them all anyway but; she's good with kids.

Edited by Snake-Pit

I got cool Halloween lights this year which can be up until thanksgiving too.

It's raining hard in Dallas tonight, but tomorrow is supposed to be clear. I hope so. I would like to sit outside and hand out my candy. My neighbor and I are the only people who decorated their house this year. It sucks because so many people here are superstitious about Halloween and ruin it more and more each year.

All the schools can't even use the word Halloween in their festivals or parties. It has to be autumn or fall. I don't care about it being Devil's night or any other shit holiday or words they use for Halloween. It's about dressing up and going trick or treating and having fun.

Noisy. Country smells of gun powder. A load of anti-Catholic nonsense. Somewhat dangerous - the fire brigade's busiest day of the year by far. And fireworks are fairly boring, aren't they? People look in the air and go ''oohhh...ahhh'' but once you have seen one display, you have seen them all.

I got cool Halloween lights this year which can be up until thanksgiving too.

It's raining hard in Dallas tonight, but tomorrow is supposed to be clear. I hope so. I would like to sit outside and hand out my candy. My neighbor and I are the only people who decorated their house this year. It sucks because so many people here are superstitious about Halloween and ruin it more and more each year.

All the schools can't even use the word Halloween in their festivals or parties. It has to be autumn or fall. I don't care about it being Devil's night or any other shit holiday or words they use for Halloween. It's about dressing up and going trick or treating and having fun.

Yay, I was afraid you weren't going to swear in the post, but you sved the day in the final paragraph!

Scary shit.

2015-10-31%2015.52.11.jpg

The kids are invited to a Halloween party. The smallest has a fever but insisted she should go, too. Filled her up with paracet and sent her out the door. We'll see how that turns out.

That backyard or patio doesn't look safe for kids top lay in.

• Like 1

Noisy. Country smells of gun powder. A load of anti-Catholic nonsense. Somewhat dangerous - the fire brigade's busiest day of the year by far. And fireworks are fairly boring, aren't they? People look in the air and go ''oohhh...ahhh'' but once you have seen one display, you have seen them all.

But have you ever put a banger in one of them red post boxes. I properly shit myself the first time I did that. Sounded like a fucking bomb going off.

• Like 1

I far prefer Guy Fawkes' Day to Halloween, just because it's unique to the UK as a cultural celebration. I'm not a keen patriot, but I like to cherish what we do have.

I don't enjoy the reason we do it, as an English Catholic, the administration Guy Fawkes' was in rebellion against really destroyed any Catholic identity and heritage England had; I now look to places like Ireland and Spain for a cultural history I can be familiar with. I know I'm a hypocrite, but plenty of atheists celebrate Christmas for the same reasons. *shrugs*

The school in York Guy Fawkes attended doesn't celebrate Bonfire Night. Actually, a former mygnr poster went to that school.

But have you ever put a banger in one of them red post boxes. I properly shit myself the first time I did that. Sounded like a fucking bomb going off.

I once put a firework in someones milk bottles outside the door when i was a kid, banged on the door, lit it and ran off :lol: I've never quite heard a grown man scream like that since.

I far prefer Guy Fawkes' Day to Halloween, just because it's unique to the UK as a cultural celebration. I'm not a keen patriot, but I like to cherish what we do have.

I don't enjoy the reason we do it, as an English Catholic, the administration Guy Fawkes' was in rebellion against really destroyed any Catholic identity and heritage England had; I now look to places like Ireland and Spain for a cultural history I can be familiar with. I know I'm a hypocrite, but plenty of atheists celebrate Christmas for the same reasons. *shrugs*

The school in York Guy Fawkes attended doesn't celebrate Bonfire Night. Actually, a former mygnr poster went to that school.

You could see it as a celebration of the deliverance of the king from the plot and the maintenance of monarchy. Fawkes was trying to blow up the House of Lords with the King in situ (there is a common conception that it was the House of Commons). This was how the initial day was celebrated but people tended to latch on anti-Catholic sentiment throughout the centuries. The weird thing is James I was High Church and Catholic in sympathy - as all the Stuarts were.

And the ring leader: Robert Catesby. Fawkes was merely the conspirator discovered with the gun powder.

Love Bonfire night. One of the last happy memories of me and my grandad. They lived opposite a cricket club that had a display on and nae cunt but me and my uncle could be bothered going. He was a big kid, grandad and I could tell he was disappointed about it, so I said I'd go. Had a great time. Bought him his first Hotdog at the age of 78. Watched the fireworks and went in to play pool, which he thrashed both me and my uncle at despite being ancient, arthritic and having two fingers missing. He didn't live to see another one. So yeah, make best of the time you got.

I was the only house on my block to be decorated for Halloween.

I had a little over 25 kids come to my house. They all loved my decorations and thanked me for the candy.

It's a little sad how Halloween isn't celebrated much here in Dallas. A lot of people think it's an evil holiday. whatever!

My granddaughter's custom was Frankie Stein from Monster High. She looked so cute.

My daughter dressed up as Annabelle from the horror movie and gave out candy. She was the only house decorated on her block too. She scared a couple of kids lol

that's what Halloween is all about: dressing up and being scared and getting good candy.