If a reunion =how about the Vault

There are so many bootlegs out there, not sure if there's still something interesting in the vault.

Something "interesting"? How about all the UYI tour shows with Izzy in glorious pro shot? How about the 3 warm-up secret gigs shot on fuckin FILM? How about all the rehearsals, demos, practice studio sessions, pre-productions takes, outtakes, unreleased, unfinished songs etc etc etc? How about soundchecks, studio jams, studio writing sessions? So you really think there is not anything interesting" there?

If you watch the Estranged video and see how awesome some of those live action shots and how clear they are then you would understand why those shows are sought after in the form of an official release.

Maybe they will reunite to promote an official release of some documentary or a concert blu Ray

I also liked that little piece of music with Axl's whistling over it

In Slash's book he said Izzy, Duff, Matt and Himself wrote the best sounding GNR material ever in preproduction for VR -he said the only needed the right singer- how using those tracks for a new album -plus you could add so more dynamics to them and we have a killer new real GNR album

In Slash's book he said Izzy, Duff, Matt and Himself wrote the best sounding GNR material ever in preproduction for VR -he said the only needed the right singer- how using those tracks for a new album -plus you could add so more dynamics to them and we have a killer new real GNR album

exactly

i'd rather see cd2/3 released than a reunion tour.

You and me both.

New music over a jukebox cash grab.

reunion is better than mediocre music by a bunch of hacks.
If watching 55-year old men perform 25-30 year old music is your cup of tea - ???

But who are the hacks you are talking about?

Fortus and Frank are still on board. Stintson is well respected in the music biz. Bucket is a beast. Robin is respected. Bumble is a great guitar player. DJ seems to be the weak link. But Axl still wanted him, Sixx still wants him. Outside of GnR forums he is well liked.

Who are the hacks you are talking about?

And you would take a jukebox retirement tour - with no new music over wanting Axl to release new music? So you can watch Axl/Duff/Slash perform Mr Brownstone for the 487th time?

You and me both.

If watching 55-year old men perform 25-30 year old music is your cup of tea -

Fortus and Frank are still on board. Stintson is well respected in the music biz. Bucket is a beast. Robin is respected. Bumble is a great guitar player. DJ seems to be the weak link. But Axl still wanted him, Sixx still wants him. Outside of GnR forums he is well liked.

And you would take a jukebox retirement tour - with no new music over wanting Axl to release new music? So you can watch Axl/Duff/Slash perform Mr Brownstone for the 487th time?

Except the majority of the posters here were not old enough to see the AFD/UYI band live so I am guessing they would be o.k. with a greatest hits tour at this point....

Wouldn't be much different setlist wise from recent NuGuns tours except you would at least get to see the musicians who actually wrote the songs play them.......

You and me both.

If watching 55-year old men perform 25-30 year old music is your cup of tea -

The problem with the new band's perception, their positioning as 'hacks', is they only possess one album with which to disprove the theory - Apollo, you are the first person to criticise the lack of new material. The fact that the setlists have been reliant on Appetite, and have remained pretty much stationary throughout, with little recourse to deep-cuts, further makes it harder to argue against their description as 'hacks'. Throw on the Vegas thing and numerous one-off cash grabs like the playing of weddings and millionaires' birthday parties, and their status looks even worse!

If they had released two more albums and were playing lots of those albums in a revolving setlist, it would be a different story.

Absolutely. Come on, we're all not delusional. To say Fortus and Frank are "still on board" means absolutely nothing. We don't know that as much as we do know that. As for 55-year old men performing 25-30 year old music, Diesel has said it perfectly. The current situation is one 55 year old playing 25-30 year old music with slightly younger guys. I'd rather have all the 55 year olds playing the 25-30 year old music if thats all thats gonna be played. Originals over replacement, ie. hacks.

Man I would give anything to see the vault, all the UYI tour footage, the Perfect Crime Doc the lot EVERYTHING they got from day 1 I'd sit down and watch it all, my heros in their prime - Perfect! I hope one day I get to see it.

Del if you're reading this i'll sit down and help you package a release.x

• Like 1

Absolutely. Come on, we're all not delusional. To say Fortus and Frank are "still on board" means absolutely nothing. We don't know that as much as we do know that. As for 55-year old men performing 25-30 year old music, Diesel has said it perfectly. The current situation is one 55 year old playing 25-30 year old music with slightly younger guys. I'd rather have all the 55 year olds playing the 25-30 year old music if thats all thats gonna be played. Originals over replacement, ie. hacks.

Except you guys are arguing things I'm not debating.

I would much rather watch the classic line up Perform over Axl and six new guys.

But in terms of a jukebox tour or a new album - I will take new music every day of the week.

And the use of the word hacks is very negative. I don't consider guys like Bucket and Robin to be hacks. They are extremely talented musicians.

And the use of the word hacks is very negative. I don't consider guys like Bucket and Robin to be hacks. They are extremely talented musicians.

Agreed. They are very talented musicians. They aren't GNR, but they are extremely talented. But they aren't in the band anymore, so to me, hacks, while harsh, doesn't apply to those guys. Can't help but notice you didn't take offense with anyone thats actually IN the band when we say "hacks", but thats not really the matter at hand.

In terms of new music, listen, we've agreed on a lot of things in the past. Do you really think new music is coming? We don't even have rumblings of that, which is then followed by a decade of waiting anyway lol. Would I rather I jukebox tour over new music from the current band? Yes, I would, but I would understand why others wouldn't. But there's no evidence that new music is coming. It'd be great to have new music, but who's to say thats ever gonna happen with NuGNR again. IMO, its a hard stance for you to defend, and I mean that in an understanding way. I'd be curious of your response.

Man I would give anything to see the vault, all the UYI tour footage, the Perfect Crime Doc the lot EVERYTHING they got from day 1 I'd sit down and watch it all, my heros in their prime - Perfect! I hope one day I get to see it.

Del if you're reading this i'll sit down and help you package a release.x

I wouldn't call them "heroes" since none of those guys are role models or anything like that but yeah, I would be a happy fan if they released some UYI shows.

Live Era '87-'93, while not the best GN'R live album, and technically, not a live album, was a great release. I own the Japanese edition and Coma is an absolute beast.

Live Era was such a bad representation of this great live band. Almost more than a reunion, I want a proper live release from this band. Its all I've wanted in all the years they haven't reunited. There's plenty of soundboards, but ONE live released, mixed and mastered to perfection, with ORIGINAL vocals and music intact would have at least been something satisfying while they continued not playing with each other. Maybe the most annoying thing was released Live Era, which tries so hard to be good and isn't, RIGHT before re-launching the band. It was almost a big fuck you that we couldn't even get a great representation of the band, and then they did fake GNR for 15 years afterwards. Great practical joke.

Live Era was such a bad representation of this great live band. Almost more than a reunion, I want a proper live release from this band. Its all I've wanted in all the years they haven't reunited. There's plenty of soundboards, but ONE live released, mixed and mastered to perfection, with ORIGINAL vocals and music intact would have at least been something satisfying while they continued not playing with each other. Maybe the most annoying thing was released Live Era, which tries so hard to be good and isn't, RIGHT before re-launching the band. It was almost a big fuck you that we couldn't even get a great representation of the band, and then they did fake GNR for 15 years afterwards. Great practical joke.

The ironic thing is, if you picked an old band soundboard bootleg at virtually random and merely plonked it on two cdrs without any interference, it would be ten times better than Live Era. GN'R were such a good live band.

Overdubs aside, Live Era has this horrible digital quality to it. It is hard to put it into words as I am not much of an audiophile but it just does not sound right. Compressed and clipped? Perhaps. It is truly a horrible sounding album. The only thing I like on it is Izzy's Dust N' Bones.

The people who put it together were so dumb that they even spliced Patience together from two separate shows, one with an unplugged section (1993) and the other electric (1992?). At least try and be a bit clever with your edits!

The ironic thing is, if you picked an old band soundboard bootleg at virtually random and merely plonked it on two cdrs without any interference, it would be ten times better than Live Era. GN'R were such a good live band.

Overdubs aside, Live Era has this horrible digital quality to it. It is hard to put it into words as I am not much of an audiophile but it just does not sound right. Compressed and clipped? Perhaps. It is truly a horrible sounding album. The only thing I like on it is Izzy's Dust N' Bones.

The people who put it together were so dumb that they even spliced Patience together from two separate shows, one with an unplugged section (1993) and the other electric (1992?). At least try and be a bit clever with your edits!

It made absolutely no sense. And what's worse, its a GREAT song selection. Most of what you'd expect, but then also some surprises. Its a great list of songs, all of which sound flat and just uninteresting. I think of it every time I pull out the CD and I think "it can't be THAT bad can it?" and it still is. So sad. There are a few good moments on it. I think Used To Love Her is pretty strong. I remember Out Ta Get Me being pretty solid.

But like you said, pick almost any show thats in good quality, leave it totally undoctored and I'm sure it would be excellent. Its amazing what a steaming pile of shit Live Era is, when it could have been such a great release. How do you make an incredible live band sound horrible? Listen to Live Era.

Also, I've never understood what those "Las Vegas" songs really are. We have SO much info about the Illusion tours, yet never seen a full setlist or bootleg of that show. And of course they use a ton of songs from that. Always thought that was really fishy.

so its reunion vs vault...vault being an unquantified, unconfirmed, vague admission of some kind of music that has been in the works...I'd say the latter was a little too imprecise in terms of what it is and how good it is to be worth giving a shit about, especially when stacked up against a reunion which is, lets face it, the GnR fans holy grail. Would've meant more to me in 95/96 to see GnR to be honest but nevermind.

Also, I've never understood what those "Las Vegas" songs really are. We have SO much info about the Illusion tours, yet never seen a full setlist or bootleg of that show. And of course they use a ton of songs from that. Always thought that was really fishy.

You and me both.