New Billboard Article About Possible Tour (01/14/16)

If they show up on time, axl is in shape and no ones ego gets in the way, sure it'll be a success.

Unfortunately, in the world of guns n roses, that seems to be asking a lot

How is this only at 2 pages?

Give it time... To be fair though, it's confirmation a show will happen just no confirmation of an official date.

I'm just hoping we can get a full tour announcement before the end of the month with full details as to who is in the lineup, how many guest spots will happen, etc.

Although I'm not sure GNR will go the route of a press conference, whether it's a full appearance on kimmel with a performance since the bands finally rehearsing now, hell, even an Eddie trunk interview would be enough. We need answers. If we're sitting here a month from now with nothing still, I'm gonna be frustrated and probably very pissed off at axl and team Brazil. And they will be beyond deserving of the criticism they'd be getting from everyone at that point for not keeping anybody updated or saying anything.

Definitely one of the better articles. It's well balanced too - it at least mentions how Axl is better these days with his start times and has been playing well-received sets in recent years. Sure, they don't mention "Mickey" but half the crowd who doesn't scour YouTube probably barely notices. As far as reviews and start times go, they're right on the money so it's a more "fair" article.

The negotiations involved for this tour is probably a big factor as to why we haven't had an official announcement yet. The tour will probably be formally announced whereas any "secret" shows will be last minute.

According to a new report from ByZegut, Guns N' Roses will receive $14 million for their performance at Coachella Festival this April.

As widely reported, the band will perform two concerts at the festival - on April 16 and April 23.

Based on Coachella's previous set times and general festival set times, the guys will grace the stage for 1.5 hours max during each of the nights.

This brings us to $14 million for less than three hours of work, and that ain't half bad.

It was previously reported that "semi-reunited" Guns are seeking around $8 million for a single performance, as Amnesia Rockfest founder Alex Martel revealed that GN'R "wanted to be paid 4x what I paid SOAD," which was 4x $2 million.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/gnrs_coachella_paycheck_revealed_its_enough_money_to_set_you_for_life.html

Edited by Gibbo 27

Man, Slash & Duff have to be at least somewhat nervous this won't all go to shit. They stand on the verge of MILLIONS and reclaiming their rightful place in rock history as members of Guns N' Roses....yet Axl is still Axl, and GNR are still managed by Team Brazil.

Hopefully they use their heads this time, realize what's at stake, and, you know, give a shit this time.

The Kimmel cancelation did not bode well for getting out there and marketing the hell out of this beforehand, and building good faith for a potential tour.

Everything since the announcement has been somewhat of a.....buzzkill.

• Like 1

Man, Slash & Duff have to be at least somewhat nervous this won't all go to shit. They stand on the verge of MILLIONS and reclaiming their rightful place in rock history as members of Guns N' Roses....yet Axl is still Axl, and GNR are still managed by Team Brazil.

Hopefully they use their heads this time, realize what's at stake, and, you know, give a shit this time.

The Kimmel cancelation did not bode well for getting out there and marketing the hell out of this beforehand, and building good faith for a potential tour.

The ONLY reason anyone will be ok with the Kimmel cancelation is if something big is coming to replace it.

For example; Jimmy Fallon is taking The Tonight Show to LA for the week of 02/15. Axl, Slash & Duff need to either show up on that or even better, be the musical performers each night. Oh, and on top of that, that'd need to absolutely kill it each night.

• Like 2

The ONLY reason anyone will be ok with the Kimmel cancelation is if something big is coming to replace it.

For example; Jimmy Fallon is taking The Tonight Show to LA for the week of 02/15. Axl, Slash & Duff need to either show up on that or even better, be the musical performers each night. Oh, and on top of that, that'd need to absolutely kill it each night.

Agreed. I want to believe they're going to do this right, understanding what's at stake, but I don't know. Are they naive/cocky enough to think all they have to do is show up? Even The Stones market the hell out their tours leading up to them.

According to a new report from ByZegut, Guns N' Roses will receive $14 million for their performance at Coachella Festival this April.

As widely reported, the band will perform two concerts at the festival - on April 16 and April 23.

Based on Coachella's previous set times and general festival set times, the guys will grace the stage for 1.5 hours max during each of the nights.

This brings us to $14 million for less than three hours of work, and that ain't half bad.

It was previously reported that "semi-reunited" Guns are seeking around $8 million for a single performance, as Amnesia Rockfest founder Alex Martel revealed that GN'R "wanted to be paid 4x what I paid SOAD," which was 4x $2 million.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/gnrs_coachella_paycheck_revealed_its_enough_money_to_set_you_for_life.html

if soad are worth 2 million, the five guys are worth at least 18 billion times that ammount huahuhauhauhauhauhauha

re

reclaiming their place in rock history?

if you do care about that, you should know that no one can touch what GNR did 1986-1991

not even the stones, not even acdc, not even the fucking ramones

gnr-ritz.jpg
  • Like 1

re

if you do care about that, you should know that no one can touch what GNR did 1986-1991

gnr-ritz.jpg

Holy shite that's a cool picture.

re

gnr-ritz.jpg

You don't think any band will ever be popular again?

If they show up on time, axl is in shape and no ones ego gets in the way, sure it'll be a success.

Unfortunately, in the world of guns n roses, that seems to be asking a lot

How is this only at 2 pages?

Give it time... To be fair though, it's confirmation a show will happen just no confirmation of an official date.

I'm just hoping we can get a full tour announcement before the end of the month with full details as to who is in the lineup, how many guest spots will happen, etc.

Although I'm not sure GNR will go the route of a press conference, whether it's a full appearance on kimmel with a performance since the bands finally rehearsing now, hell, even an Eddie trunk interview would be enough. We need answers. If we're sitting here a month from now with nothing still, I'm gonna be frustrated and probably very pissed off at axl and team Brazil. And they will be beyond deserving of the criticism they'd be getting from everyone at that point for not keeping anybody updated or saying anything.

Yup. The world has moved away from rock n roll. No more is this the hippie era or the 80s glam era with kids who have nothing better to do than headbang. Plus, the generation that loved the band from 1985 - 1991/1993 are now older n with jobs.

They wont tolerate another same old kinda shows starting late and fat people with leather jackets n denim patch jeans huffin n puffin through the song. Not if they're asking for a couple of hundred a ticket.

The first leg of the tour will go into losses even with the best promotion n management. And thats good news. If they stuck through it all... then probably in the end they might make some money.

Coming from a fan who grew up with the 2000s era... I am skeptical and cynical. I dont think GNR management/Axl will let anyone do any interviews or promote at all. Frankly, if they have Pitman or that drummer whose name I dont even know... then its just not GNR but Slash joining in for the fans.

could see them possibly playing vegas in between the 2 coachella shows. cant really see them just hangin out for a week in between... show on the 16th would sell tickets for the vegas show on say the 20th which would in turn get ppls attention on the 2nd coachella show, which is already sold out, who gives a fuck where else they play? except us

interesting... hadnt heard about the amnesia rockfest rumor till now... lineup is usually announced in march i think but dont really see them playing it... but didnt see them doing coachella either... rockfest would be nice cuz im an hour away lol heavy mtl would be even better tho cuz its walkable for me hahaha

interesting that theres a lot of rumors about stadium shows but not about other festivals... there was a rumor about that german festival but besides that not much... i definitely see rock in rio going down

Edited by Hollywood Gunner

re

gnr-ritz.jpg

You don't think any band will ever be popular again?

not talking about being popular

who cares about that?

one direction is popular

so is justin bieber

and u2

and coldplay

and creed

and celine dion

talking about a fucking rock n roll band at the absolute top of its game

that hopefully is smart enough to get back together and create, record, release and perform new music

Edited by ludurigan

does this article not suggest there might be a massive number crunchin bidding war underway between the largest entertainment promoters on earth.

That'd be best case scenario and explain the silence.

Agreed but man hopefully they can explain that.. I'm gonna have a hard time really buying tickets without getting a press conference or some sort of announcement first but.. Again they did wanna do kimmel til the day before so..

i think maybe the axl rose people should contact the mick jagger people and say hey lets get together now for lunch tomorrow and iron out a tour. with all the big names back there should be a solid plan of financial attack when it comes to who should be given the priviledge to play promoter for axl & the gang. if its not about all the money then ill...if its actually about the fan then a $40 to $75 nosebleed/entry ticket. with x large SUHD screens and sound systems everyone gets a front row ticket. that is what the stones did at indy500. I think silver seats were $75 plus fees.