Vegas General Help (Flights, hotels, food, shows, etc)

18 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Once you click on the package, most sites will direct you to pick your flights, starting with the lowest priced option first.

Some airlines charge for bags...some both carry on (Frontier) and checked bags.  Roughly $30-$40 per bag....so pack tight.  Some airlines don't charge for bags at all (Southwest).

Also, make sure you book with a reputable site. From my experience, Vegas.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotwire all had the best rates but the price guarantee from Vegas.com and Expedia seemed to be the best.

Thanks for the tip. Expedia has been what I've been using this morning. I just wasn't sure if the flight guarantees you seats, Spirit or otherwise. When you book with the package is it just assumed you'll sit anywhere on the plane, or at some point do you get to choose your seats in the package? I just don't want to get there and have to spend MORE money after thinking I'm saving with the package.

11 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Thanks for the tip. Expedia has been what I've been using this morning. I just wasn't sure if the flight guarantees you seats, Spirit or otherwise. When you book with the package is it just assumed you'll sit anywhere on the plane, or at some point do you get to choose your seats in the package? I just don't want to get there and have to spend MORE money after thinking I'm saving with the package.

All depends on the airline.  Some airlines let you pick your seat early for a fee, etc...but usually you can get your seat 24 hours prior to departure...as well as your boarding pass if you do online check in.

Once you book the package you will get a confirmation number to use for your airline.  From that point forward, you can deal with the airline 

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Yes, I've been told that but its just so damn cheap its kind of hard to do anything else. The next cheapest option is United which is WAAY more. For example, for Excalibur our total hotel and flight with Spirit is $966. The next cheapest is doing it with United which is a whopping $1,132! So each of our flights is almost $100 more, so its hard to resist. I know they nickel and dime you, and I've been skeptical the whole way through, but if you don't pack a backpack with anything other than clothes, don't buy seats in advance, you're saving a lot. I'm sure its a horrible flight, but $100 is $100. Unless I just really don't understand the full scope of it. Trust me, its not my first choice.

Again I have no idea what your travel plans are I just saw you said you are coming from Jersey. If you were able to get a ride into New York this flight here from April 7th to 10th is United airlines and for 2 people is $981 that IS including resort fees. Yes the way home is a red eye so if you have a Saturday ticket I guess it won't work but the flight home is in Newark. 

Newark travel.JPG

2 minutes ago, oachs83 said:

Again I have no idea what your travel plans are I just saw you said you are coming from Jersey. If you were able to get a ride into New York this flight here from April 7th to 10th is United airlines and for 2 people is $981 that IS including resort fees. Yes the way home is a red eye so if you have a Saturday ticket I guess it won't work but the flight home is in Newark. 

Newark travel.JPG

Lol trust me, its been a constant struggle. I appreciate you checking it up though.

Here's the issue. Either I'm going from Jersey alone, or I go down to Baltimore and my friend and I go together. My plan is to do whatever is cheapest. So far, thats been Baltimore, hence that whole Spirit airlines with United being $100 more down there. Just as you say, the issue with the Jersey ones are the flight home. The flights actually aren't bad in a package, as you point out, except they're ONLY not bad if you take that red eye home which I can't do. Thats a 12:45 flight and I have tickets to the Saturday night show. It just wouldn't work out. Even if Guns went on exactly at 9:30, even if they ONLY played 2 and a half hours, I'd still never make my flight. So the issue with the Jersey flight is the next option after that red eye becomes $100 more. Its extremely annoying, but I guess thats how they get you. It goes from being a $330 round trip flight if I took the red eye (which I can't do) to becoming a $450 flight, in which case I'd just rather fly with my friend from Baltimore since it'll either be cheaper of that same price.

Again appreciate the help, and if I didn't have the Saturday show it's what I'd be doing. But with Newark it doesn't seem like I can ever get a flight thats even close to the cheapness of Baltimore because of that red eye thing.

No problem, airlines are such a mystery to me as how they operate as I try to figure them out and usually end up getting a great deal. I got a good deal this year but it was a little tougher. Now is the time that airlines seem to drop prices for a couple days to a week to fill seats. I have been flying many times over the years and my method has worked and has yet to fail. Some reason this last half year fuel prices have been plummeting I mean we are on a 13 year low and yet the Airline tickets just hang. My ticket I bought only flucuated $100 for this trip just see sawing back in forth as every time in the past I would see that baby go down $150 one $200 and that's when gas was $3.85 in my state and more people were flying than driving. Now gas is dirt and more people are taking vacations in their cars opposed to flights and still the prices have hanged. Maybe they will still fall but from my experience once it hits that 40-45 day mark the prices start to go up and up but again this has been a wonky half year so who knows?

Edited by oachs83

3 hours ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Interesting to hear this from you guys. Question for you since you both, or at least Zoso, seems to be looking at the same places as me:

My flight I was gonna take got raised by $60, so I'm considering cancelling my hotel and doing a package for hotel and flight to maybe save some costs (or at least get my flight for the price it was $60 ago). In total, my friend and I were spending $920 ($367 for hotel and $277 each for flights). The packages deals I find for Monte Carlo is $1,033 total, Excalibur is $966 total, and Luxor is an $987. All a bit more than I was going to spend, although I'm open to all of them. For what I would have spent, is Monte Carlo the best place to stay? Would be cool to stay in the same place as others going. Those seem to be the three I've narrowed down, and since you guys have also been switching between them I was wondering about your thoughts.

Would Excalibur for $50 cheaper be much worse than Monte (essentially its saving my friend and I $30 each)? If they are kind of the same in terms of niceness I don't really mind staying at the cheapest, but just wondering why some people have switched or why you chose Monte to begin with (past experience there, venue location, etc.). Thanks in advance! So happy at the thought that my trip might be almost done booking. And has anyone heard of the Fortune Hotel? Thats way cheaper than the ones I just listed and my 4th option.

Monte Carlo seems way better for the extra money. It was more expensive last week so it seems this is a good time to book. Excalibur was my original plan but everyone says it kind of sucks. Then I switched to Luxor but I figured for an extra 60 bucks Id rather be in the better location at a nicer hotel. I would do the package deal and I'd do it quickly, the one you mentioned seemed like a good deal. It's cheaper than my one from Michigan! And resort fees are split between people in the room.

Also, the Monte Carlo seems like it is steps from the venue. Not a huge deal since everything  on the strip is close, but still cool

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Monte Carlo seems way better for the extra money. It was more expensive last week so it seems this is a good time to book. Excalibur was my original plan but everyone says it kind of sucks. Then I switched to Luxor but I figured for an extra 60 bucks Id rather be in the better location at a nicer hotel. I would do the package deal and I'd do it quickly, the one you mentioned seemed like a good deal. It's cheaper than my one from Michigan! And resort fees are split between people in the room.

Also, the Monte Carlo seems like it is steps from the venue. Not a huge deal since everything  on the strip is close, but still cool

Yeah, it was better when I thought it was before the fees. THAT was a good deal. Now that its a little over $1000, thats still not bad, but also not what I'd prefer. Again, it is $100 more than we're spending right now, and since we don't care about walking or a nice room that wasn't a huge concern to us. In the end, it really is only us spending $50 each for a nicer hotel and a better location, which as I type seems crazy we wouldn't do, but after looking up everything this morning I've wrestled back and forth each option like 50 times. I agree with you that I think whether we do this package or not, we're gonna get on something quickly, because this is probably the last chance to jump on something. Waiting any longer will just result in higher prices.

2 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Yeah, it was better when I thought it was before the fees. THAT was a good deal. Now that its a little over $1000, thats still not bad, but also not what I'd prefer. Again, it is $100 more than we're spending right now, and since we don't care about walking or a nice room that wasn't a huge concern to us. In the end, it really is only us spending $50 each for a nicer hotel and a better location, which as I type seems crazy we wouldn't do, but after looking up everything this morning I've wrestled back and forth each option like 50 times. I agree with you that I think whether we do this package or not, we're gonna get on something quickly, because this is probably the last chance to jump on something. Waiting any longer will just result in higher prices.

Expedia has a price guarantee on the package, so if it goes down they will match or beat it.  So no risk in booking now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

And I am doing Spirit airlines. They are definitely the cheapest even though they suck. Taking a backpack only

Same. We're hoping literally just packing clothes, and maybe a laptop for myself, will result in a backpack small enough to not get checked. I mean thats literally nothing in the bag. Out of curiosity, did you pick seats in advance? Others have told me you can just go to the airport and you'll get the seats for free, which would be saving my friend and I like $30 each in the total. And I guess booking a package doesn't give us any option other than doing that.

2 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Expedia has a price guarantee on the package, so if it goes down they will match or beat it.  So no risk in booking now.

Absolutely right. At this point, I'm either waiting for my friend to call me or I'll call him later this afternoon when I get off work. If if goes up by then I'll be furious, but I just don't think I can make the decision all by myself right now without running it by him first. Cause if I'm correct its nonrefundable right? So if thats the case I HAVE to check before I book us something even a little more expensive.

2 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Same. We're hoping literally just packing clothes, and maybe a laptop for myself, will result in a backpack small enough to not get checked. I mean thats literally nothing in the bag. Out of curiosity, did you pick seats in advance? Others have told me you can just go to the airport and you'll get the seats for free, which would be saving my friend and I like $30 each in the total. And I guess booking a package doesn't give us any option other than doing that.

Absolutely right. At this point, I'm either waiting for my friend to call me or I'll call him later this afternoon when I get off work. If if goes up by then I'll be furious, but I just don't think I can make the decision all by myself right now without running it by him first. Cause if I'm correct its nonrefundable right? So if thats the case I HAVE to check before I book us something even a little more expensive.

I think after 24 hours it's non refundable....but I believe they will still allow you to switch hotels (not the flight) if you still want to after 24 hours.

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

I think after 24 hours it's non refundable....but I believe they will still allow you to switch hotels (not the flight) if you still want to after 24 hours.

Interesting. I know I keep being fucking annoying with questions: does it make sense that Expedia and Vegas are different prices for the package? Its $1,033 on Expedia and $1,066 on Vegas.com. Cause obviously my next paranoid thought is "is it cheaper somewhere else?!" LOL.

Just now, gunsfanoldie said:

Interesting. I know I keep being fucking annoying with questions: does it make sense that Expedia and Vegas are different prices for the package? Its $1,033 on Expedia and $1,066 on Vegas.com. Cause obviously my next paranoid thought is "is it cheaper somewhere else?!" LOL.

I had the same issue.  Seems like Expedia is a little behind Vegas.com when it comes to pricing.  Expedia was a little less expensive when I booked so I initially tried booking with Expedia but when I went to finalize it, it would not go through.  Tried several other times, still wouldnt go through.  Kept asking me to pick a different flight.  Went to Vegas.com and it went through at the slightly higher price.  Went back to Expedia the next day and they had the same price as Vegas.com

So basically, seems like Expedia is about 1 day behind Vegas.com in terms of current rates.  So that bascially means the rate of your package seems to be going up.  If you can get it on Expedia and it goes through, I would book it today, if you can.

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

I had the same issue.  Seems like Expedia is a little behind Vegas.com when it comes to pricing.  Expedia was a little less expensive when I booked so I initially tried booking with Expedia but when I went to finalize it, it would not go through.  Tried several other times, still wouldnt go through.  Kept asking me to pick a different flight.  Went to Vegas.com and it went through at the slightly higher price.  Went back to Expedia the next day and they had the same price as Vegas.com

So basically, seems like Expedia is about 1 day behind Vegas.com in terms of current rates.  So that bascially means the rate of your package seems to be going up.  If you can get it on Expedia and it goes through, I would book it today, if you can.

Interesting. Yeah, its $1,033 on Expedia, $1,035 on Spirit's website and $1,066 on Vegas.com. I'm calling Expedia right now to see about the 24 hour thing, which if I can definitely refund the whole purchase I'll buy now and then check if my friend wants to do it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I'm actually in the MGM until the day of the show which is pretty much on the doorstep of the arena but I'm moving to a different hotel on the Friday morning. :lol:

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Monte Carlo?!

You've got it right! I now have a reservation at the Monte Carlo in Las fuckin' Vegas. Although obviously, it wouldn't be complete without a few more questions since it seems others did this package:

-Is there a reason it said the total was $1,036 then sent me an email saying they only charged me $935? I have my guesses but maybe someone knows definitely.

-After booking I was immediately told I have an exclusive offer that "because I booked a flight, I can save 30%-55% on a 3 night stay, to be redeemed within 20 days. I assume that means if I wanted to book another thing and that I can't weasel my way into getting that deal for this trip correct?

-Lastly, they never led me to any seat prompt for the flight. I assume everyone that booked through a package didn't really have to choose seats or anything? I'm not really worried about not getting a seat or anything, but I'm just assuming this is normal procedure?

Regardless, I'm so happy this whole process is over, and especially that we're staying at the nicer place with a lot of people from here. Should be a blast.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Lol booked

3 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

You've got it right! I now have a reservation at the Monte Carlo in Las fuckin' Vegas. Although obviously, it wouldn't be complete without a few more questions since it seems others did this package:

-Is there a reason it said the total was $1,036 then sent me an email saying they only charged me $935? I have my guesses but maybe someone knows definitely.

-After booking I was immediately told I have an exclusive offer that "because I booked a flight, I can save 30%-55% on a 3 night stay, to be redeemed within 20 days. I assume that means if I wanted to book another thing and that I can't weasel my way into getting that deal for this trip correct?

-Lastly, they never led me to any seat prompt for the flight. I assume everyone that booked through a package didn't really have to choose seats or anything? I'm not really worried about not getting a seat or anything, but I'm just assuming this is normal procedure?

Regardless, I'm so happy this whole process is over, and especially that we're staying at the nicer place with a lot of people from here. Should be a blast.

Wooohooooo!

1. Might have been the deposit? 

2. I doubt you could use it, but maybe!

3. Spirit sucks, it's extra to select your seat

You should call them and ask all these questions though, they're all good ones

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dazey said:

I'm actually in the MGM until the day of the show which is pretty much on the doorstep of the arena but I'm moving to a different hotel on the Friday morning. :lol:

You'll be across the street from us (those staying at the Monte Carlo) when you're at the MGM....I'll be in late Tuesday night so we have plenty of time to meet up in the days before if you want....:dance:

1 hour ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Awesome bud....I'm sure you'll be happy with your choice when you get there.....this is the view of the venue from the Monte Carlo....(yeah, we're this close)

Monte Carlo Hotel And Casino - Las Vegas, NV, United States. mountain view from 31st floor suites. new entertainment arena being built.

As for why you were only charged a certain amount.....the total includes the resort fee which will be collected at the hotel....which is also negotiable if you gamble enough when you are there.  Make sure to register for a rewards card when you are at the casino so they track how much you gamble....if you play enough, they may waive some or all of the resort fee at checkout.

• Like 3