Vegas General Help (Flights, hotels, food, shows, etc)

40 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I just registered on the official G N R fan forum (Nighttrain)...looks like 80%-90% of the people there will be staying at the Monte Carlo...lol...that place is going to be insane! 

We already have quite a few here staying there

Me, you, BS, Gunsfanoldie, and Omar off the top of my head

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Yeah, MC looks much better

The only reason I ever step foot in the Hilton/LVH/Westgate/Whatevertheyrecallingitthesedays is because of the Elvis connection. Usually that wears off quickly and I head somewhere else. 

Not to mention the fact that the Monte Carlo is WAYYYYYYYY closer to the venue. 

11 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The only reason I ever step foot in the Hilton/LVH/Westgate/Whatevertheyrecallingitthesedays is because of the Elvis connection. Usually that wears off quickly and I head somewhere else. 

I only asked because the package is like 300 bucks less than the MC one, but I think I would be much happier at MC

37 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

LVH has great events for NFL Sundays and March Madness...other than that it has zero redeeming value.

i know a few of you are staying at Travelodge.  That's fine...it's inexpensive and location works.

The way I look at it is this...this is a once in a lifetime event.  Either spend a few extra bucks and do it right (ZoSo I'm looking at you) and stay at like Monte Carlo or MGM etc.. Or go cheap and go Travelodge as it has a great location.

i understand the going cheap method as I'm staying at the Golden Gate downtown solely Bc my room is free.

Edited by tsinindy
Typos brah
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

LVH has great events for NFL Sundays and March Madness...other than that it has zero redeeming value.

i know a few of you are staying at Travelodge.  That's fine...it's inexpensive and location works.

The way I look at it is this...this is a once in a lifetime event.  Either spend a few extra bucks and do it right (ZoSo I'm looking at you) and stay at like Monte Carlo or MGM etc.. Or go cheap and go Travelodge as it has a great location.

i understand the going cheap method as I'm staying at the Golden Gate downtown solely Bc my room is free.

Yeah, you are right. I like nice hotels and don't mind spending the money if it's worth it!

Now, if only I could go to night 2 lol. 

10 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Yeah, you are right. I like nice hotels and don't mind spending the money if it's worth it!

Now, if only I could go to night 2 lol. 

I'm right there with you!  I'm currently not planning on going to night two either. But hey, that can always change!  Maybe hit it big in Vegas and all our worries will be gone!

19 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I'm right there with you!  I'm currently not planning on going to night two either. But hey, that can always change!  Maybe hit it big in Vegas and all our worries will be gone!

I'm so excited. First time in Vegas in a nice hotel for the first reunion gig, don't care where I'm sitting or that I'm missing the second show. I am there!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I'm so excited. First time in Vegas in a nice hotel for the first reunion gig, don't care where I'm sitting or that I'm missing the second show. I am there!

I gotta go to both nights.  I kept debating and decided that I don't wanna miss anything....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Estranged1 said:

I gotta go to both nights.  I kept debating and decided that I don't wanna miss anything....

I'd be going to both nights if it was just me, but I'm going with 2 friends and money is tight. So, I'm more than happy with the first night and more time to explore Vegas

9 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I'd be going to both nights if it was just me, but I'm going with 2 friends and money is tight. So, I'm more than happy with the first night and more time to explore Vegas

I can just hear our conversation on Sunday:

Me- DUDE! IT WAS ELECTRIC IN THERE!

You- DUDE! I KNOW!

Me- They opened with (insert song here)!

You- I know!

Me- Then they went into (insert song here)!

You- No seriously, I know

...and so on....

:lol:

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I can just hear our conversation on Sunday:

Me- DUDE! IT WAS ELECTRIC IN THERE!

You- DUDE! I KNOW!

Me- They opened with (insert song here)!

You- I know!

Me- Then they went into (insert song here)!

You- No seriously, I know

...and so on....

:lol:

Hahaha, I'm glad you are spoiling the set

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Estranged1 said:

I can't believe all the Gunners  traveling from all over....should be an amazing crowd.

Yes!  That's part of the reason that I finally convinced myself to shell out some major coin and head to Vegas.  One show where there will there be more people there from out of town than locally.   Should be awesome!

13 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

For me, flying out of BWI it looks like arriving Wednesday and leaving overnight Sunday into Monday it'll have to be through Spirit for $208 round trip.

Either that or Southwest Airlines arriving Wednesday and arriving back at BWI Sunday evening for close to $450.

:shrugs:

Good luck.  Spirit is such a gamble (pardon the Vegas pun).  Plus don't you have to pay for a bag and a seat and to use the bathroom and to look out the window etc....?  I'm exaggerating slightly but you should weigh the 'extras' involved with Spirit vs a normal airline.  Plus the red eye factor.  I call all that the 'aggravation factor'.